|Welcome to my talk page. to leave me a message.
If you have come here about a page I deleted, you will probably find the explanation here; if that does not answer your question, click the link just above to leave me a message. Please mention the name of the page, and sign your post with four "tilde" characters ~~~~ so that I know who you are.
If I have left a message on your talk page, please reply there; I am watching it.
If you leave a message here I will usually reply here, but if my reply contains advice I hope you will find useful, I may place it on your talk page. (Talk page stalkers: you are welcome; if you see no reply here, there is probably one on the other talk page; I have decided to stop making a note here when I reply there).
You may E-mail me via the "E-mail this user" link under "Toolbox" in the left-hand sidebar, but you will get a faster response here; I suggest you do not use e-mail unless you need privacy. I will normally reply on your talk page, not by e-mail.
- 1 User Page: RAYOLIVERESQ
- 2 Hello
- 3 Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Airplane54
- 4 Deletion of the user page
- 5 Emma Swift
- 6 AJ_Joshi
- 7 Biographical articles
- 8 Request
- 9 Restoration of page,Skandals kibao
- 10 Mass killings
- 11 Judo do
- 12 Hunt Monitors - Zinfandelorganic
User Page: RAYOLIVERESQ
I received your mssg. that you have deleted and moved my Wiki User page. I have already discussed this issue a few years ago. My user page sets out my biography/academic training for purposes of establishing authority in the areas that I choose to contribute or of editing Wiki Articles. I am thoroughly familiar with the policy relating to User pages. User page content is liberally permitted. My page is not self promoting. It contains the extensive work and professional background over the course of 37 years. If there is anyone who challenges my editing/contributions on a talk page, they have the benefit of reviewing my academic and professional background. Too often, editorial compositions and decisions are made by those who do not have a scintilla of professional education or experience on the topic. My User page avoids that problem. Lastly, my page is only as promotional as the quality of the content that it provides for those who wish to review my qualifications for any editorial position that I take.
Again, this issue was earlier resolved.
Kindly leave my User page free from further disruption or changes.
If you have any objection to the content of my user page, then submit it first on the talk page for discussion. You are engaging in a User Page editorial war. Submit your opinion to the talk page.
.... I have just noticed that you "Blacklisted" my User Page title, which is my name. My User Page based on my real name is not within the purview of blacklisted titles. Although, Wiki policy is to avoid taking personal offense to editorial actions by others, I find it nearly impossible not to be offended by your blacklisting my User Page with my name. I note that you use a pseudonym for your User Page. Kindly revert my page to its original status, prior to your deletion and blacklisting. Since I have not encountered this situation on WP for the past 5 years approximately, I will need to search the remedies that are available to me from your imprudent blacklisting of my "name." Ray Oliver RAYOLIVERESQ firstname.lastname@example.org Ray Oliver, Esq. 00:48, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
I am restoring my page. It is "especially" critical that my professional background be available for an anticipated vigorous objection to my proposal to edit the page on Anti Semitism, based on academic research of Semitism. I do NOT want to repeat my professional qualification each time on a talk page for every person who challenges my editorial decisions, despite the speciousness of their reasoning.
I will restore my User Page for these reasons.
R'gds, Ray Oliver email@example.com 973.653.1928 Ray Oliver, Esq. 00:30, 28 August 2015 (UTC) Ray Oliver, Esq. 00:48, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker) As I understand it, JohnCD didn't "blacklist" anything. He redirected your userpage to User:RAYOLIVERESQ/Raymond A. Oliver per WP:NOTWEBHOST and deleted the redirect. I believe he thought it was an article you were creating about yourself. You're lucky. If someone had tagged the article per WP:CSD#U5, many administrators, including me, would have simply deleted it.--Bbb23 (talk) 02:05, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- As Bbb23 says, I have not "blacklisted" anything, and I do not know what gives you that impression. I moved the page to a draft article location because it said at the bottom "This page will be moved to ARTICLES and DISCUSSION on completion", and because it was obviously unsuitable as a main user page.
- You say that its purpose is to establish your professional qualifications. Wikipedia does not work on that basis: contributions are assessed on the basis of reliable, published sources rather than the contributor's credentials. Expert contributors certainly have value, but that lies in their ability to locate and assess published sources, rather than their personal opinions. This may seem odd, but it is fundamental; a similar project with more emphasis on credentials and expert contributors was set up at Citizendium, but has failed to take off.
- In any case, it is hard to see what your early life, your family history, the exploits of your grandchildren or lists of Lebanese Americans have to do with the encyclopedia. This looks more like a Facebook-style social-media page than anything appropriate for Wikipedia.
- However, since you explicitly ask for it to be returned to your user page, I have done that, and also nominated it at WP:Miscellany for deletion/User:RAYOLIVERESQ to get a community view. You are welcome to comment there, but please read WP:UPNOT and WP:NOTWEBHOST first. These discussions normally last for seven days, after which an uninvolved administrator will decide what to do. JohnCD (talk) 22:14, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
Hello John, you deleted a page this year in June, ACS Bucovina Rădăuți, it was created by me, and know I have sources to improve it. Where can I find the draft to add more information. Thank you.Alexiulian25 (talk) 15:35, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Alexiulian25: It's at Draft:Bucovina Rădăuți. You may find useful advice at WP:WikiProject Football. JohnCD (talk) 16:59, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
- No, sorry, I do not have time (or much interest). You may be able to get help at the football WikiProject I linked to above. JohnCD (talk) 12:08, 30 August 2015 (UTC)
- Done - thanks for the reminder, I got distracted by something else. JohnCD (talk) 11:44, 30 August 2015 (UTC)
Deletion of the user page
Hello, the page that I asked to be deleted used to be mine a long time ago and I would like it to be removed since it has my name on it and appears through searchers/google (which I made when I was quite young.. so a mistake if I might add). Is there anyway for me to remove the account? - I've already tried to get my password from the old account which said my username was invalid. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Hjkf (talk • contribs) 14:28, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Hjkf: it seems the Allstar account did not have email enabled, so if you have lost the password there is no way to recover it. But don't worry about search engines: the blanking template I used marks the page with "NOINDEX", so within a few days it will drop off Google's search results. JohnCD (talk) 14:39, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
The article was denied at AFC here Draft:Emma Swift but SPA account "Clintric" was paid for creating the article along with the promo piece of AJ Joshi which was deleted several times. Ivetliviya9 (talk) 16:56, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- Clintric Chutia, I was not paid but I was hired and you are paid for Emma Swift and AJ Joshi page. Am I right Clintric chutia? Ivetliviya99 (talk) 07:02, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
I, Clintric, request the undeletion of this Articles for creation submission deleted under CSD A7. Please restore the page as I intend to work on it. This submission was declined based on lack of notability. I remain confident that an article on this topic belings in Wikipedia and am continuing to assemble support for its notability.
- For the third time: this was deleted after WP:Articles for deletion/AJ Joshi, so you must ask the closing admin, Joe Decker, and if he does not agree go to WP:Deletion review. Please read the answers you are given, and don't just keep repeating the same requests. JohnCD (talk) 19:34, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
I've noticed that K. Nathaniel and G. Emmanuel have been deleted as per Wikipedia policy. Yes, indeed they have been violative of Wikipedia standards. However, would it be possible to reinstate them by removing the harmful content. As you may be aware, these two clergymen headed the largest Lutheran Church in India. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Meher Mansion (talk • contribs) 05:19, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Meher Mansion: you may create articles about them, but read WP:Biographies of living persons very carefully. Even where the subject of the article is dead, that policy applies to any mention of living persons. Reliable sources are essential: anything based on rumour or gossip is not acceptable. Also, read WP:Your first article. I suggest you make draft articles by clicking on Help:Userspace draft and filling in the title. That way, you will be able to send the drafts for review before they go to the main encyclopedia. JohnCD (talk) 08:51, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Yankees10: already re-created by someone else. I have restored the deleted versions to the history. In a case like this, where the article was deleted at AfD, you should really go first to the closing admin, in this case Northamerica1000, who I will ping to notify him of what has been done. JohnCD (talk) 19:44, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Fair enough. I only went to you because of the Ryan Lollis thing from a few months ago. Thanks. --Yankees10 19:54, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Restoration of page,Skandals kibao
I would like you to allow me to recreate a new page of Skandals kibao as I have gathered enough data to construct it.For instance I have all the cast members and crew, date of premiere and no. of episodes.Just allow me to redo the page again.Or at least give me guidelines on what to do.Thank you. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Nyanchoka (talk • contribs) 20:49, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Nyanchoka: make a draft at Draft:Skandals kibao and let me look at it. The important thing is not whether you have all the details, but whether you can provide references that show "significant coverage in reliable sources that are independent of the subject." That's what we mean by WP:Notability - see also WP:Notability (summary). Press releases do not count as independent. JohnCD (talk) 21:03, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- No, that is no better than the version that was deleted at AfD. The first two references are the same, and are obviously based on a press release in advance of the launch. The other two are about an actress and only mention the show in passing (and, incidentally, that actress's name does not appear in the article?) Read WP:Notability (summary) for the sort of coverage that is needed. I think you will probably have to wait until the show has been running for some time, so that independent reviews and coverage have appeared. JohnCD (talk) 22:21, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
It looks very close on that appeal. I am not sure that it will be considered to be a consensus to allow it. But, my plan is to revive some of the content under the name Mass killings under liberal democracies, while doing a substantial reset. I would like to preserve the edit history. I would like to do this, without being seen as a trouble-maker or going against the spirit of the consensus. But the consensus currently being considered is concerning "capitalist regimes." So it is my hope to build a new article substantially from scratch, but in the end, it will likely contain many, it not most of the listed events. Any help would be appreciated. Youknowwhatimsayin (talk) 05:50, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Youknowwhatimsayin: if the DRV decision is "keep deleted" that is saying, in effect, that the article is so bad that WP:TNT applies - best to blow it up and start over. In that case, if you soon post a new article on the same lines, it will certainly be seen as disruptive. What you should do is prepare a new draft (start the page title with "Draft:") and present it again to DRV only after it is complete, tidied up and edited for consistency.
- If a new article is accepted, you could then ask whether the history of the previous article could be restored behind it: but I think the new article would need to be so different that people would be reluctant to do that.
- The scope would be need to be much better defined, and probably narrower. Your big obstacle is WP:SYNTH: "Do not combine material from multiple sources to reach or imply a conclusion not explicitly stated by any of the sources." That policy is there to limit Wikipedia's scope, because encyclopedias are not for publishing new ideas, only for summarising ideas already published.You need to show that your chosen subject, however it is defined, is a thing that, in total, has been discussed by other reliable published sources.
- JohnCD (talk) 16:22, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
Hey, just giving you a head's up: the article content for Judo do has been removed from Judo, so I didn't know if you wanted to delete the redirect or not. I've blocked the user for 48 hours for disruptive editing and I've made sure to let them know that right now their only way to get the article created is to go through AfC. To be honest, I think that this article would likely be ripped to shreds if it was taken to AfD, given how disruptive the editor has been and it'd likely end without any mention of the sport anywhere, whereas going through AfC would at least give it a fighting chance. I'm trying to figure out their native language (since they are an obvious ESL editor) so that we can have someone try to come in and help explain the guidelines and policies in their native language, which might help clear up some of the confusion. If they keep up with their current line of thought/action (ie, my way or the highway) then I have no problem extending the block for a longer period of time, although I'd prefer for them to quietly work on the article at AfC rather than try to disruptively add it to the mainspace. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 09:50, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Tokyogirl79: Thanks. I'll delete the redirect for the moment though I'll also talk to whoever removed the entry under "Other variants" from the Judo article because I think that would be a sensible way to cover what seems to be a real but non-notable variant.
- Thanks also for coping with our friend; my patience was just about exhausted and I was thinking I should bring someone else in. I have been telling him to prepare a draft (he deletes most of my advice from his talk page) but he seems to take that as an insult - he took umbrage because his first version, which said it was an Olympic sport, was deleted as a hoax. When he comes off his block, let's tell him the only way he will get an article is by first making a draft, others have started it for him, let him improve it as best he can because it will then be posted to mainspace and sent to AfD. I will also leave a note at WikiProject Martial Arts in case anyone there can throw light on Judo-do.
- I agree he's not an English speaker - many of his messages consist of bits copy-pasted from policy pages or other messages, which is just what I would do if I had to argue in a foreign language. If he will tell us his language, we could try to get someone to interpret; but I'm afraid I don't see much future for him here because (a) there's no indication that his pet subject is notable, and (b) he does not seem to have the collaborative temperament. JohnCD (talk) 21:45, 2 September 2015 (UTC)
- I have to admit that I agree with you on him likely not lasting long. I keep asking him to tell us his native language so we can get a translator in, but they haven't answered. I was wondering if he was Polish, but then if he was then he likely wouldn't have seen the Polish source as proof that the sport was an Olympic sport. (The source just compared it to Judo, which is an Olympic sport, but never said that Judo do was an Olympic sport.) The language barrier was the only reason why the block wasn't longer or permanent, to be honest. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 05:42, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
Hunt Monitors - Zinfandelorganic
Dear JohnCD thank you for your reply to my message regarding Hunt Monitors and your explanation as to why it had been deleted. Unfortunately I have aleady resubmitted it without any further editing. (It had already been improved several times since the last draft in 2014). I guess I will now wait and see if it approved or not. Thank you again. Any further advise would be very welcome. Judy Gilbert (Zinfandelorganic) Zinfandelorganic (talk) 09:52, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Zinfandelorganic: I have withdrawn the draft from the queue for now, because re-submitting it unchanged would just waste time. I will answer your question below later - it will take a bit of work. JohnCD (talk) 13:52, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
Dear JohnCD is there any way I can retrieve the latest version, that is the version that was deleted, of my article Hunt Monitors. The only version I can find is out of date. It had been improved by user David Crawford, which I thought was very constructive and improved my use of English. If you could find or you could tell me how I can find this deleted version I will then resubmit it as I believe this version should pass all the Wiki tests of suitability. Thank you for your patience John, I do not always find Wiki very easy to navigate. Zinfandelorganic (Judy Gilbert) Zinfandelorganic (talk) 12:41, 4 September 2015 (UTC)