User talk:Jonathunder

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Contents

Barnstar[edit]

SpecialBarnstar.png The Special Barnstar
For all your help on getting WP:NRHP 75% Illustrated Smallbones(smalltalk) 02:31, 3 April 2016 (UTC)

Reproduction of your photo of Jack Baker and Michael McConnell[edit]

Hi Jonathunder, I'm working for Equality Forum, an organization that is honoring Jack Baker and Michael McConnell as LGBT History Month Icons this October. I saw your photos on Wikipedia and wonder if we can use them to promote Jack and Michael. Here's the website that explains the Icons: http://www.lgbthistorymonth.com I see the one image on the Wiki page and wonder if you have others. Fyavorsky (talk) 20:51, 1 May 2017 (UTC) FYavorsky

You are invited. Join us on Saturday July 1 at the Minneapolis Central Library[edit]

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group logo.svg
Hello Jonathunder!
Join us for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries: the Minneapolis, Minnesota at the Minneapolis Central Library Saturday, July 1 from 11 am to 5 pm. We will be providing reference materials, training for new editors, and refreshments. RachelWex 21:36, 15 May 2017 (UTC)

Hi Jonathunder (talk) --the event is on Saturday July 1st not June 1st. I hope we see you there! RachelWex (talk) 02:17, 19 May 2017 (UTC)

Blue Ball Mason Jar photo permission query[edit]

Jonathunder, I came across your image of the Blue Ball Mason jar. Our content group is working on an adult assessment test. We are using an article about the Ball Mason jar and the photograph would compliment it nicely. I wanted to ask about permission as I am not sure if the GNU license would cover this use. Please advise. Thanks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pnjaadrc (talkcontribs) 21:42, 26 June 2017 (UTC)

AN/I[edit]

Information.svg

As you participated in Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/IncidentArchive957#Godsy back to Wikihounding - how to stop it?, you may be interested in Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents#Proposing IBAN between Godsy and Legacypac. — Godsy (TALKCONT) 03:51, 29 June 2017 (UTC)

RfA[edit]

New Zealand TW-17.svg Thanks for supporting my run for administrator. I am honored and grateful. ) Cullen328 Let's discuss it 00:21, 24 July 2017 (UTC)

You Are Invited![edit]

  In the area? You're invited to
   What is Wikipedia?
St. Cloud State University logo.svg
  Saturday, Oct 28, 2017
  St. Cloud State University Library at noon
  720 4th Avenue South, St. Cloud
  

RachelWex 22:27, 23 August 2017 (UTC)

Invitation to Admin confidence survey[edit]

Hello,

Beginning in September 2017, the Wikimedia Foundation Anti-harassment tool team will be conducting a survey to gauge how well tools, training, and information exists to assist English Wikipedia administrators in recognizing and mitigating things like sockpuppetry, vandalism, and harassment.

The survey should only take 5 minutes, and your individual response will not be made public. This survey will be integral for our team to determine how to better support administrators.

To take the survey sign up here and we will send you a link to the form.

We really appreciate your input!

Please let us know if you wish to opt-out of all massmessage mailings from the Anti-harassment tools team.

For the Anti-harassment tools team, SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 20:56, 14 September 2017 (UTC)

A barnstar for you![edit]

Photographer Barnstar.png The Photographer's Barnstar
Thank you for the fabulous photo at Independence, Wisconsin. Magnolia677 (talk) 09:45, 15 September 2017 (UTC)

Mayer Lutheran High School[edit]

The school's name contains Mayer. It is not just Lutheran High School http://mayerlutheran.org/ 173.84.15.238 (talk) 16:09, 25 September 2017 (UTC)

Do you really need to say that twice in one sentence? Jonathunder (talk) 16:19, 25 September 2017 (UTC)
maybe remove the "in Mayer" part but keep the Mayer part of the school's name. 173.84.15.238 (talk) 16:21, 25 September 2017 (UTC)

St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Sheridan, Wyoming)[edit]

Hi, i noticed St. Peter's Episcopal Church (Sheridan, Wyoming) pop up in a list of shortest NRHP articles. You recently created it and must not have been able to find the NRHP nomination document, but I found it and added it just now. Perhaps you could expand the article a bit? By the way i have recently created a number of Wyoming NRHP articles, too, and I was finding that many of the relatively recently listed ones have NRHP documents at/linked from National Park Service "feature" or "featured listing" pages like this one for St. Peter's, which I found by Googleing "St. Peter's Episcopal Church Sheridan Wyoming" (perhaps plus "National Register" i don't recall). --doncram 18:16, 26 October 2017 (UTC)

AR graphic in NRHP lists[edit]

I notice that in a recent edit to National Register of Historic Places listings in Brown County, South Dakota, you added the address-restricted graphic to two sites.

Have you yourself made a serious effort to get illustrations for these sites, and concluded that it wasn't going to happen; or have you heard from someone who has? If not, I'd suggest that the addition of the graphic be reverted.

The presence of an AR graphic can make a county look fully illustrated on the WikiProject's progress maps, and this can lead travelling photographers to bypass the county. That's not a problem if there's actually no reasonable possibility of obtaining photos; but we can't automatically assume that, based solely on the fact that a site is listed as address-restricted. In my own photography efforts, I've found a number of such sites that shouldn't be restricted at all: for instance, the Dowse Sod House in Nebraska, which is operated as a museum, or the Sewee Mound in South Carolina, where there's a Forest Service interpretive trail. Even if a location's truly inaccessible, there's always the possibility of finding artifacts on display in a museum, photos of which can be used to illustrate the site.

I'd like to discourage use of the AR graphic in general, but especially when added by default, and by editors who haven't made an exhaustive effort to find illustrations. Judging by the Brown County list's page history, you haven't attempted to photograph the county yourself, so you may not be in a position to say whether the sites are truly unreachable and un-illustrate-able. Ammodramus (talk) 13:21, 28 October 2017 (UTC)

There is no publicly available address because the sites are protected. Jonathunder (talk) 13:27, 28 October 2017 (UTC)
I just did a very quick Google search, and found this, which says that there's a monument at the site of "Colin Campbell's Post", which is presumably the "Colin Campbell Post" to which you added an AR graphic. I'm not going to dig any deeper, since I'm far away from Brown County and unlikely to re-visit it any time soon; but this suggests that it'd definitely be possible to find the site and get a photo, and to do so without betraying the secret location of a protected archaeological site. Ammodramus (talk) 13:31, 28 October 2017 (UTC)

ANI Experiences survey[edit]

The Wikimedia Foundation Community health initiative (led by the Safety and Support and Anti-Harassment Tools team) is conducting a survey for en.wikipedia contributors on their experience and satisfaction level with the Administrator’s Noticeboard/Incidents. This survey will be integral to gathering information about how this noticeboard works - which problems it deals with well, and which problems it struggles with.

The survey should take 10-20 minutes to answer, and your individual responses will not be made public. The survey is delivered through Google Forms. The privacy policy for the survey describes how and when Wikimedia collects, uses, and shares the information we receive from survey participants and can be found here:

If you would like to take this survey, please sign up on this page, and a link for the survey will be mailed to you via Special:Emailuser.

Thank you on behalf of the Support & Safety and Anti-Harassment Tools Teams, Patrick Earley (WMF) talk 18:24, 1 December 2017 (UTC)

ArbCom 2017 election voter message[edit]

Scale of justice 2.svgHello, Jonathunder. Voting in the 2017 Arbitration Committee elections is now open until 23.59 on Sunday, 10 December. All users who registered an account before Saturday, 28 October 2017, made at least 150 mainspace edits before Wednesday, 1 November 2017 and are not currently blocked are eligible to vote. Users with alternate accounts may only vote once.

The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to impose binding solutions to disputes between editors, primarily for serious conduct disputes the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the authority to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail.

If you wish to participate in the 2017 election, please review the candidates and submit your choices on the voting page. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:42, 3 December 2017 (UTC)

Login attempts[edit]

Got notices there have been numerous attempts to log into my account from strange devices. That wasn't me. I do have a strong password, as every administrator should, but could a talk page stalker keep an eye on my account for a couple of days? I'm going out of town and don't plan to edit. Jonathunder (talk) 01:00, 16 December 2017 (UTC)

Notice tag at Current members of the United States Senate[edit]

There's history as to why that tag is there. The tag at the top of the table is there to indicate that the table shown is not consensus. An edit war broke out a while back and rather continue the edit war, the tag was placed there to let editors know that the table shown is not consensus and that there is a discussion on the issue. Please don't remove it. Thank you. Sparkie82 (tc) 23:40, 24 January 2018 (UTC)

To Wikipedia, With Love[edit]

Wikilove2 new.png To Wikipedia, With Love

Hello Jonathunder, please join us in spreading the love of human creativity! Share your favorite artist from Mia's collection "To Wikipedia, With Love" by creating or updating their article.

Minneapolis Institute of Art (Mia)
Saturday, February 17,
Noon to 4 pm.

St. John the Evangelist, Rochester, MN[edit]

Thanks for the image of the interior of the cathedral. Do you have an exterior image of the cathedral which would fit perfectly with the List of Catholic cathedrals in the United States?

Roberto221 (talk) 21:03, 13 April 2018 (UTC)

Soon, I hope. See this conversation. Jonathunder (talk) 01:35, 15 April 2018 (UTC)

The Signpost: 26 April 2018[edit]

St. John's, Rochester[edit]

The image is actually pretty good with the snow, makes it stand out more. And with no leaves on the trees, you can see more of the cathedral. Thanks....

Roberto221 (talk) 19:51, 28 April 2018 (UTC)

Administrators' newsletter – May 2018[edit]

News and updates for administrators from the past month (April 2018).

ANEWSicon.png

Administrator changes

added None
removed ChochopkCoffeeGryffindorJimpKnowledge SeekerLankiveilPeridonRjd0060

Guideline and policy news

  • The ability to create articles directly in mainspace is now indefinitely restricted to autoconfirmed users.
  • A proposal is being discussed which would create a new "event coordinator" right that would allow users to temporarily add the "confirmed" flag to new user accounts and to create many new user accounts without being hindered by a rate limit.

Technical news

  • AbuseFilter has received numerous improvements, including an OOUI overhaul, syntax highlighting, ability to search existing filters, and a few new functions. In particular, the search feature can be used to ensure there aren't existing filters for what you need, and the new equals_to_any function can be used when checking multiple namespaces. One major upcoming change is the ability to see which filters are the slowest. This information is currently only available to those with access to Logstash.
  • When blocking anonymous users, a cookie will be applied that reloads the block if the user changes their IP. This means in most cases, you may no longer need to do /64 range blocks on residential IPv6 addresses in order to effectively block the end user. It will also help combat abuse from IP hoppers in general. This currently only occurs when hard-blocking accounts.
  • The block notice shown on mobile will soon be more informative and point users to a help page on how to request an unblock, just as it currently does on desktop.
  • There will soon be a calendar widget at Special:Block, making it easier to set expiries for a specific date and time.

Arbitration

Obituaries

  • Lankiveil (Craig Franklin) passed away in mid-April. Lankiveil joined Wikipedia on 12 August 2004 and became an administrator on 31 August 2008. During his time with the Wikimedia community, Lankiveil served as an oversighter for the English Wikipedia and as president of Wikimedia Australia.

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 07:05, 2 May 2018 (UTC)

photo usage[edit]

I was hoping to use your picture on Facebook with this note: Syttende Mai, May 17th, Norway's Independence Day, is a little over a week away. Is there anywhere in the Twin Cities a guy could find this tasty array of Norwegian deliciousness? Let's go! (BTW, any guesses what all is on this plate?) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Spskilly (talkcontribs) 23:17, 9 May 2018 (UTC)

If you tell me which photo you mean, I might be able to tell you what the foods are and where you can get some. But feel free to use it and I hope you have a good syttende mai. (I plan to go to Spring Valley, Minnesota that weekend.) Jonathunder (talk) 04:51, 10 May 2018 (UTC)

May 20 Minnesota meetup page[edit]

Please RSVP and add to the agenda if you like: Wikipedia:Meetup/Minnesota/May 2018 Minnesota User Group Meeting.--Pharos (talk) 14:53, 14 May 2018 (UTC)

The Signpost: 24 May 2018[edit]

You are invited. Join us on Saturday, June 30 at the Minneapolis Central Library[edit]

Wiki Loves Pride 2018 at the Minneapolis Central Library
Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group logo.svg
Hello Jonathunder!
Join us for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries: the Wiki Loves Pride 2018 edit-a-thon at the Minneapolis Central Library Saturday, June 30 from 12 to 4 pm. We will be providing reference materials, training for new editors, and refreshments. paul2520 (talk) 01:54, 30 May 2018 (UTC)

Administrators' newsletter – June 2018[edit]

News and updates for administrators from the past month (May 2018).

ANEWSicon.png

Administrator changes

added None
removed Al Ameer sonAliveFreeHappyCenariumLupoMichaelBillington

Guideline and policy news

Technical news

  • IP-based cookie blocks should be deployed to English Wikipedia in June. This will cause the block of a logged-out user to be reloaded if they change IPs. This means in most cases, you may no longer need to do /64 range blocks on residential IPv6 addresses in order to effectively block the end user. It will also help combat abuse from IP hoppers in general. For the time being, it only affects users of the desktop interface.
  • The Wikimedia Foundation's Anti-Harassment Tools team will build granular types of blocks in 2018 (e.g. a block from uploading or editing specific pages, categories, or namespaces, as opposed to a full-site block). Feedback on the concept may be left at the talk page.
  • There is now a checkbox on Special:ListUsers to let you see only users in temporary user groups.
  • It is now easier for blocked mobile users to see why they were blocked.

Arbitration

  • A recent technical issue with the Arbitration Committee's spam filter inadvertently caused all messages sent to the committee through Wikipedia (i.e. Special:EmailUser/Arbitration Committee) to be discarded. If you attempted to send an email to the Arbitration Committee via Wikipedia between May 16 and May 31, your message was not received and you are encouraged to resend it. Messages sent outside of these dates or directly to the Arbitration Committee email address were not affected by this issue.

Miscellaneous


Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:00, 1 June 2018 (UTC)

Michael Curry[edit]

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. The pages are actively linking to a disambiguation page, and without the (disambiguation) suffix will continue to show as requiring disambiguation, when in fact its a deliberate link. I accidentally disambiguated the wrong part of the template, reverted myself and fixed it. Feel free to pipe it, but the disambiguation part is required.

This is a pointy remark from yourself and are you a bot, is frankly quite rude and im sure you know the answer to that is no. If i had been a not would I have noticed that piece of vandalism was transcending onto the Michael Curry article and other high volume pages. No I wouldn’t of. Blethering Scot 10:45, 16 June 2018 (UTC)

And this edit summary shows you have no knowledge of how disambiguation works within templates where the link is deliberate. You will see this has now been disambiguated again with piping, which isn't 100% necessary. It is a shame that two editors have now had to rectify a situation because of you didn't have a full understanding of a key area of this site works.Blethering Scot 22:31, 16 June 2018 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for June 20[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Lake Calhoun, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Lake Harriet (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are usually incorrect, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of unrelated topics with similar titles. (Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.)

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 09:05, 20 June 2018 (UTC)

The Signpost: 29 June 2018[edit]

You are invited! Join us on Saturday, July 28 at the Quatrefoil Library[edit]

Wiki Loves Pride 2018 at the Quatrefoil Library
Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group logo.svg
Hello Jonathunder!
Join us for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries: the Wiki Loves Pride 2018 edit-a-thon at the Quatrefoil Library on Saturday, July 28 from 12 to 4 pm. We will be providing reference materials (including access to the EBSCO LGBT Life database), training for new editors, and refreshments. Check it out! = paul2520 (talk) 00:23, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Administrators' newsletter – July 2018[edit]

News and updates for administrators from the past month (June 2018).

ANEWSicon.png

Administrator changes

added PbsouthwoodTheSandDoctor
readded Gogo Dodo
removed AndrevanDougEVulaKaisaLTony FoxWilyD

Bureaucrat changes

removed AndrevanEVula

Guideline and policy news

  • An RfC about the deletion of drafts closed with a consensus to change the wording of WP:NMFD. Specifically, a draft that has been repeatedly resubmitted and declined at AfC without any substantial improvement may be deleted at MfD if consensus determines that it is unlikely to ever meet the requirements for mainspace and it otherwise meets one of the reasons for deletion outlined in the deletion policy.
  • A request for comment closed with a consensus that the {{promising draft}} template cannot be used to indefinitely prevent a WP:G13 speedy deletion nomination.

Technical news

  • Starting on July 9, the WMF Security team, Trust & Safety, and the broader technical community will be seeking input on an upcoming change that will restrict editing of site-wide JavaScript and CSS to a new technical administrators user group. Bureaucrats and stewards will be able to grant this right per a community-defined process. The intention is to reduce the number of accounts who can edit frontend code to those who actually need to, which in turn lessens the risk of malicious code being added that compromises the security and privacy of everyone who accesses Wikipedia. For more information, please review the FAQ.
  • Syntax highlighting has been graduated from a Beta feature on the English Wikipedia. To enable this feature, click the highlighter icon (Codemirror-icon.png) in your editing toolbar (or under the hamburger menu in the 2017 wikitext editor). This feature can help prevent you from making mistakes when editing complex templates.
  • IP-based cookie blocks should be deployed to English Wikipedia in July (previously scheduled for June). This will cause the block of a logged-out user to be reloaded if they change IPs. This means in most cases, you may no longer need to do /64 range blocks on residential IPv6 addresses in order to effectively block the end user. It will also help combat abuse from IP hoppers in general. For the time being, it only affects users of the desktop interface.

Miscellaneous

  • Currently around 20% of admins have enabled two-factor authentication, up from 17% a year ago. If you haven't already enabled it, please consider doing so. Regardless if you use 2FA, please practice appropriate account security by ensuring your password is secure and unique to Wikimedia.

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 19:22, 3 July 2018 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for July 6[edit]

An automated process has detected that when you recently edited Coney Island hot dog, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page WCCO (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver).

(Opt-out instructions.) --DPL bot (talk) 09:11, 6 July 2018 (UTC)

The Signpost: 31 July 2018[edit]

Scottish National Antarctic Expedition[edit]

Has any consensus been achieved with regard to the phrasing of the description in the penguin image? The discussion on the talk page seems to indicate that the humourous version is acceptable, and even welcome. Thanks! Shobhit102 | talk  16:04, 2 August 2018 (UTC)

There's no consensus for that. Quite the opposite. Jonathunder (talk) 16:07, 2 August 2018 (UTC)

Orphaned non-free image File:JohnAllin.jpg[edit]

⚠

Thanks for uploading File:JohnAllin.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).

Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 17:29, 3 August 2018 (UTC)

A cup of coffee for you![edit]

Cup-o-coffee-simple.svg Thank you for your hard work and patience. Much appreciated! Hello-Mary-H (talk) 23:36, 3 August 2018 (UTC)

Administrators' newsletter – August 2018[edit]

News and updates for administrators from the past month (July 2018).

ANEWSicon.png

Administrator changes

added Sro23
readded KaisaLYmblanter

Guideline and policy news

  • After a discussion at Meta, a new user group called "interface administrators" (formerly "technical administrator") has been created. Come the end of August, interface admins will be the only users able to edit site-wide JavaScript and CSS pages like MediaWiki:Common.js and MediaWiki:Common.css, or edit other user's personal JavaScript and CSS. The intention is to improve security and privacy by reducing the number of accounts which could be used to compromise the site or another user's account through malicious code. The new user group can be assigned and revoked by bureaucrats. Discussion is ongoing to establish details for implementing the group on the English Wikipedia.
  • Following a request for comment, the WP:SISTER style guideline now states that in the mainspace, interwiki links to Wikinews should only be made as per the external links guideline. This generally means that within the body of an article, you should not link to Wikinews about a particular event that is only a part of the larger topic. Wikinews links in "external links" sections can be used where helpful, but not automatically if an equivalent article from a reliable news outlet could be linked in the same manner.

Technical news


Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 01:31, 5 August 2018 (UTC)

Hormel Austin Daily Herald sourcing[edit]

Hello,

Wanted to kindly point you to my August 3 requests made using the Austin Daily Herald, which we have discussed. I am still learning the ropes, so hope it's ok to bring these edit requests to your attention here. Please advise if there is a better way for me to help and / or proceed. Thank you. Hello-Mary-H (talk) 14:22, 5 August 2018 (UTC)

The Signpost: 30 August 2018[edit]

Administrators' newsletter – September 2018[edit]

News and updates for administrators from the past month (August 2018).

ANEWSicon.png

Administrator changes

added None
removed AsterionCrisco 1492KFKudpungLizRandykittySpartaz
renamed Optimist on the runVoice of Clam

Interface administrator changes

added AmorymeltzerMr. StradivariusMusikAnimalMSGJTheDJXaosflux

Guideline and policy news

  • Following a "stop-gap" discussion, six users have temporarily been made interface administrators while discussion is ongoing for a more permanent process for assigning the permission. Interface administrators are now the only editors allowed to edit sitewide CSS and JavaScript pages, as well as CSS/JS pages in another user's userspace. Previously, all administrators had this ability. The right can be granted and revoked by bureaucrats.

Technical news

  • Because of a data centre test you will be able to read but not edit the wikis for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October. This will start at 14:00 (UTC). You might lose edits if you try to save during this time. The time when you can't edit might be shorter than an hour.
  • Some abuse filter variables have changed. They are now easier to understand for non-experts. The old variables will still work but filter editors are encouraged to replace them with the new ones. You can find the list of changed variables on mediawiki.org. They have a note which says Deprecated. Use ... instead. An example is article_text which is now page_title.
  • Abuse filters can now use how old a page is. The variable is page_age.

Arbitration

  • The Arbitration Committee has resolved to perform a round of Checkuser and Oversight appointments. The usernames of all applicants will be shared with the Functionaries team, and they will be requested to assist in the vetting process. The deadline to submit an application is 23:59 UTC, 12 September, and the candidates that move forward will be published on-wiki for community comments on 18 September.

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:23, 2 September 2018 (UTC)

The Signpost: 1 October 2018[edit]

Administrators' newsletter – October 2018[edit]

News and updates for administrators from the past month (September 2018).

ANEWSicon.png

Administrator changes

added JustlettersandnumbersL235
removed BgwhiteHorsePunchKidJ GrebKillerChihuahuaRami RWinhunter

Interface administrator changes

added Cyberpower678Deryck ChanOshwahPharosRagesossRitchie333

Oversight changes

removed Guerillero NativeForeigner SnowolfXeno

Guideline and policy news

Technical news

  • Partial blocks should be available for testing in October on the Test Wikipedia and the Beta-Cluster. This new feature allows admins to block users from editing specific pages and in the near-future, namespaces and uploading files. You can expect more updates and an invitation to help with testing once it is available.
  • The Foundations' Anti-Harassment Tools team is currently looking for input on how to measure the effectiveness of blocks. This is in particular related to how they will measure the success of the aforementioned partial blocks.
  • Because of a data centre test, you will be able to read but not edit the Wikimedia projects for up to an hour on 10 October. This will start at 14:00 (UTC). You might lose edits if you try to save during this time.

Arbitration

  • The Arbitration Committee has, by motion, amended the procedure on functionary inactivity.
  • The community consultation for 2018 CheckUser and Oversight appointments has concluded. Appointments will be made by October 11.
  • Following a request for comment, the size of the Arbitration Committee will be decreased to 13 arbitrators, starting in 2019. Additionally, the minimum support percentage required to be appointed to a two-year term on ArbCom has been increased to 60%. ArbCom candidates who receive between 50% and 60% support will be appointed to one-year terms instead.
  • Nominations for the 2018 Arbitration Committee Electoral Commission are being accepted until 12 October. These are the editors who help run the ArbCom election smoothly. If you are interested in volunteering for this role, please consider nominating yourself.

Sent by MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:13, 5 October 2018 (UTC)