- 1 You are now a Reviewer
- 2 uncited transfer
- 3 Wikipedia:Pending changes/Straw poll on interim usage
- 4 Barnstar
- 5 Nomination of Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response for deletion
- 6 Talk:Frozen Synapse
- 7 Come to the First Topeka Meetup, January 15!
- 8 Turbine Flats Project
- 9 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
You are now a Reviewer
Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, is currently undergoing a two-month trial scheduled to end 15 August 2010.
Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under pending changes. Pending changes is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial. The list of articles with pending changes awaiting review is located at Special:OldReviewedPages.
For the guideline on reviewing, see Wikipedia:Reviewing. Being granted reviewer rights doesn't change how you can edit articles even with pending changes. The general help page on pending changes can be found here, and the general policy for the trial can be found here.
- I did not. I made sure it was not obviously in violation of the reviewing guidelines, and then (since the original content appeared to be unsourced as well) accepted it in good faith.
- Sources should definitely be provided, but I believe that it is beyond the scope of the reviewing project to attempt to disallow all inaccurate edits. ~ Josh "Duff Man" (talk) 11:30, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
Hi. As you recently commented in the straw poll regarding the ongoing usage and trial of Pending changes, this is to notify you that there is an interim straw poll with regard to keeping the tool switched on or switching it off while improvements are worked on and due for release on November 9, 2010. This new poll is only in regard to this issue and sets no precedent for any future usage. Your input on this issue is greatly appreciated. Off2riorob (talk) 23:38, 20 September 2010 (UTC)
Thanks! I loathe the word "also" and seek its destruction at every opportunity. it reminds me of people giving a speech and stammering with "ummmmm". Thanks again for the barnstar!--Mike - Μολὼν λαβέ 17:28, 14 July 2011 (UTC)
Nomination of Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response for deletion
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on good quality evidence, and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion template from the top of the article. Eagles 24/7 (C) 17:54, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
Come to the First Topeka Meetup, January 15!
Come celebrate Wikipedia Day with other Kansas Wikipedians sponsored by Wikimedians Active in Local Regions in the United States (WALRUS) and hosted by the Topeka and Shawnee Public Library. Come chat, hang out and enjoy good company while find out more about Wikipedia in our regional community! RSVP at Wikipedia:Meetup/Topeka/Wikipedia_Day.
If you can't come, but still want to find out about events in the greater Topeka region (which may include KC, Manhattan, Lawrence, Salina, or other places where volunteers are interested) sign up for future notifications at Wikipedia:Meetup/Topeka/Invite list.
Turbine Flats Project
Hello Josh! I recently closed Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Turbine Flats Project as delete, but afterwards I noticed that you were never notified of the discussion. Because of this, let me know if you want to contest the deletion and I can either undelete the article or start a deletion review. Cheers, --Cerebellum (talk) 01:14, 3 November 2013 (UTC)
- I think the problem is that most of the sources were local, and WP:AUD says that "at least one regional, national, or international source is necessary." The Entrepreneur article might work for that, but I wasn't able to view it. Does that make sense? --Cerebellum (talk) 21:25, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- That makes sense, I guessed it was something along those lines. I wasn't able to find out how to view the last version of the article, is it still visible so I can browse over the sources? ~ JoshDuffMan (talk) 22:23, 12 November 2013 (UTC)