- 1 pro14 qualification for champions cup
- 2 Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red/The World Contest
- 3 England rugby competition templates
- 4 1990–91 Courage National Four South
- 5 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
- 6 A page you started (Euura salicispurpureae) has been reviewed!
- 7 Problems with Euura articles.
- 8 National League 1 attendances
- 9 Books and Bytes - Issue 25
pro14 qualification for champions cup
there will be a platoff to decide the 7th team that will be qualified for next champions cup of rugby
Sure I can't tempt you? 900 article in ten days and still very few UK women bios being done, WMUK are putting up a £250 prize for that, you could sitll win that ;-)♦ Dr. Blofeld 22:46, 10 November 2017 (UTC)
England rugby competition templates
Hi Jowaninpensans - hope all is well. Just to warn you that an editor is going through all the National League 2 South and North pages and removed the rugby competition templates from the bottom of the page, without giving a reason or leaving a note. I think it is being done in good faith but the National League 1 pages are likely to be next. I have left a message on their talk page and am reverting the changes but it is worth keeping an eye on as it has taken some time to get these pages as consistent as possible. Jgjsmith006 (talk) 11:28, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, he has been removing categories as well. Including current rugby season which isn't very helpful. Jowaninpensans (talk) 16:37, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
Hi Jowaninpensans. Have created page as shown above. If you have any references or further information for this season then please add. Launceston away at 2nd placed Drybrook today. Too ill to attend but will keep an eye on Twitter feed. We play Exeter University at home the next week (they are 1st) so this could make or break our season! Thanks. Jgjsmith006 (talk) 15:08, 2 December 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
A page you started (Euura salicispurpureae) has been reviewed!
Thanks for creating Euura salicispurpureae, Jowaninpensans!
Wikipedia editor Nick Moyes just reviewed your page, and wrote this note for you:
Could you correct the grammar in the first sentence of the Description section, please? It's a bit unclear as it stands.
To reply, leave a comment on Nick Moyes's talk page.
Learn more about page curation.
Problems with Euura articles.
Hi. I've noticed that quite a lot of the new article you've created on Euura spp. make mention of the Euura altra group, but does not cite any evidence to support this. I was wondering if this is a recurring typo for E. atra? Could you also correct the main reference url in Euura auritae, as this week-old link is dead. Many thanks. Regards from the UK Nick Moyes (talk) 09:56, 11 December 2017 (UTC)
- The dead link on Euura auritae was caused by me changing the http to https. Thought I was being helpful by adding the s, as a bot is changing urls to https. Firefox did not like it and left a message "Your connection is not secure" and the website owner had configured the website improperly. Have reverted back to http.
- Trying to get my head around all the Euura species will then go back to the Eurra atra subgroup. It seems all the gall species have been put in groups. Jowaninpensans (talk) 16:34, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
National League 1 attendances
Hi Jowaninpensans - hope all is well. I have noticed a big difference between the Rugby Paper attendances and the NCA when covering the National Leagues. Esher RFC seem to suffer from the biggest difference in attendance between the two sources as the examples below show:
- 28 October 2017: Esher v Blackheath (Rugby Paper att: 650 / NCA att: 1,022) Local derby would go with NCA on this
- 9 December 2017: Esher v Cambridge (Rugby Paper att: 330 / NCA att: 955) Weather terrible but 330 seems very low
You can see that there is a big difference - hundreds rather than units. I have contacted Esher and hopefully they will get back to me. Hinckley had the same issue but the other way round, where NCA were underestimating and the chair said the Rugby Paper were (more) correct. Wonder why there is such a difference? Jgjsmith006 (talk) 14:32, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
- Didn't realise there were differences in attendances. Seems a shame when you can't trust two different sources.Jowaninpensans (talk) 16:41, 14 December 2017 (UTC)
- I guess that the NCA and Rugby Paper may have a different contact at some of the club, hence the difference in figures. The Hinckley chairman said he knew someone at the Rugby Paper but wasn't sure where the NCA figure was coming from and that he wanted to get it sorted. He's actually been really good at getting back to emails - some of the clubs don't reply at all! Will let you know if I get any response. Jgjsmith006 (talk) 22:26, 14 December 2017 (UTC)