User talk:Jrphayes/Archive Jul 2007
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Sorry
- 2 Skitzouk
- 3 Re: Edit Summary
- 4 User Page
- 5 Striking your vote
- 6 Pauline
- 7 Big Brother UK 2007 -reversion
- 8 AfD nomination of Zachary Lichman
- 9 AfD nomination of Jonathan Durden
- 10 Aaliyah
- 11 GTAIV
- 12 Big Brother UK Housemates Last Names.
- 13 GTA IV
- 14 Re:Thanks for undoing the vandalism
- 15 Brian...
- 16 Thebiggestwwefan
- 17 List of Housemates 2007
- 18 Um No
i wasn't aware people got so offended by the word muppet, the user was being picky for the sake of it, a rivalries section is all going to be opinion it would be extreamly hard to gain refrences for it, sometimes you just know things through common sence, that user just seemed to be picking fault for no reason other than to throw his/her weight around but rest assured i will try to refrain from future comments that offend. Skitzouk 17:09, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- its common sence though that a team less then 20 miles away would be cocidered local rivals, which is what is said and infact it goes onto say because played them most often, you dont have to know much about baseball to know Ney York Yankees and Boston Red Sox are rivals so why is it different here, why do we have to cater for the people that know nothing, its not like leicester are like manchester united and have a global brand that people would want to look up. Have you yorself read the section? there is nothing there that is unviable withing Wikipedia its self, east midlands is even linked to the page which states which cities and towns are incased AfTaDaRkCrU 19:54, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- check again now, i have added as many souces as i cant find, mostly match reports but the words "local rivals" are clearly included in them AfTaDaRkCrU 20:42, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
If you had read the whole converstation between me and Skitzouk you would have seen that he said "who cares about how good the article is", which prompted me to respond that I do beacuse I wrote it. Whilst I understand the whole nobody owns an article and anybody can edit, the attitude that it doesn't matter is obviously disrespectful to those who have spent the most time producing it. If that was everyone attitude wikipedia wouldn't work. Also of you read the rest of the conversation me and Skitzouk end up getting on ok at the end. JimmyMac82 20:11, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
- there is no problem with JimmyMac, creative differnced and misunderstandings which were cleared up pretty quickly. AfTaDaRkCrU 20:43, 2 July 2007 (UTC)
Re: Edit Summary
Yeah, it was vandalized. Thanks, I'll fix it. That user has contributed nothing but nonsense to Wikipedia, is it possible to recommend a ban? I'm not too wiki-savvy so I'm not sure...Alias777 13:27, 4 July 2007 (UTC)
Striking your vote
Thank you for your interest in the Wikimedia Board Election. The Election Committee regretfully informs you that your previous vote was received in error and will be struck according to the election rules, described below.
The Election Committee regretfully announces today that we will have to remove approximately 220 votes submitted. These votes were cast by people not entitled to vote. The election rules state that users must have at least 400 edits by June 1 to be eligible to vote.
The voter lists we sent to Software in the Public Interest (our third party election partner) initially were wrong, and one of your account was eventually included to our initial list. There was a bug in the edit counting program and the sent list contained every account with 201 or more edits, instead of 400 or more edits. So large numbers of people were qualified according to the software who shouldn't be. The bug has been fixed and an amended list was sent to SPI already.
Our first (and wrong) list contains 80,458 accounts as qualified. The proper number of qualified voters in the SPI list is now 52,750. As of the morning of July 4 (UTC), there are 2,773 unique voters and 220 people, including you, have voted who are not qualified based upon this identified error.
In accordance with voting regulations the Election Committee will strike those approximately 220 votes due to lack of voting eligibility. The list of struck votes is available at https://wikimedia.spi-inc.org/index.php/List_of_struck_votes.
We are aware of the possibility that some of the people affected may have other accounts with more than 400 edits, and hence may still be eligible to vote. We encourage you to consider voting again from another account, if you have one. If you have no other account eligible to vote, we hope you reach the criteria in the next Election, and expect to see your participation to the future Elections.
Your comments, questions or messages to the Committee would be appreciated, you can make them at m:Talk:Board elections/2007/en. Other language versions are available at m:Translation requests/Eleccom mail, 07-05.
Again, we would like to deeply apologize for any inconvenience.
For Wikimedia Board Election Steering Committee
Hiya Sorry for changing but i was Watching live feed and i seen that the housemates where watching Pauline on the Plasma Screen and then Big Brother said You can Now Leqave the big Brother house. Is that source. If not wait till tomorrows Highlights :) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Andybigbro2 (talk • contribs) 22:18, 10 July, 2007 (UTC)
Big Brother UK 2007 -reversion
Your reversion on the Big Brother 2007 article was to a vandalised page..unless you spell charity... charidee! you should revert to Revision as of 19:05, 11 July 2007 (edit) unfortunately I can't fix it! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Floodamanny (talk • contribs) 18:50, 11 July, 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know how to sign my posts! Floodamanny 18:50, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
- I stand corrected, thanks for letting me know Floodamanny 18:57, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
thanks for keeping an eye on me. I would rather do it right. I think I understand the difference..Floodamanny 19:23, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
AfD nomination of Zachary Lichman
Zachary Lichman, an article you created, has been nominated for deletion. We appreciate your contributions. However, an editor does not feel that Zachary Lichman satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion and has explained why in the nomination space (see also "What Wikipedia is not" and the Wikipedia deletion policy). Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Zachary Lichman and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Zachary Lichman during the discussion but should not remove the articles for deletion template from the top of the article; such removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. -- Jreferee (Talk) 03:10, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
AfD nomination of Jonathan Durden
An article that you have been involved in editing, Jonathan Durden, has been listed for deletion. If you are interested in the deletion discussion, please participate by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Jonathan Durden. Thank you. -- Jreferee (Talk) 03:17, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
I deleted the warnings because I am not a vandal, in any way shape or form. I have a link which proves the statement on Aaliyah's official website. If I consider should the warnings you gave me, then whoever keeps reverting the changes I made should consider The Revert Rule. I do not claim ownership of the article but I do pride myself in inserting truth into places where it is void. I don't see the problem with adding a "Fans" section when her fans meant so much to her and everybody keeps on reverting the changes I have made. She passed away and cannot speak for herself so she has her fans to honor her. Of course anyone can say they are her biggest fan but to be given that award is proof of it. She loved her fans and they should be recognized. From the information I have, Krystal R. G. Is her biggest fan. Aaliyah and her family considered us (her fans) her extended family. If you want proof that she is Aaliyah's biggest fan, I have proof that I am able to provide anyone, on demand. Just because you do not agree with the edit, it does not mean it should be reverted. If this page isn't going to represent AALIYAH, it should be deleted. I'm going to fight until it does!!!! ***Have a nice day*** Aaliyahsnumber1fan 17:19, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- That wasn't my personal view or any VANDELISM as you and those other wiki people see it. I got this data from Aaliyah's official website and YOU keep taking it off. Krystal is her biggest fan and she is trying to keep her legacy alive. I don't see a problem in posting THE FACTS. I don't think you all have the slightest clue of what VANDELISM is. If I were to write bad and horrible things on her page bashing her or whatever, then It would be vandelism. You people have some nerve to think that you should take down what I added. I added the SIMPLE TRUTH and you snobs took it down. Krystal is dedicated to keep Aaliyah memory alive and that should be noted in her article. You should really rethink your words before you come out and say what I did vandelism because that is totally false and very disrepectful. What I added to the article was very constructive and truthful with NO FALSE INFORMATION, VANDELISM OR ANY OTHER GARBAGE THAT YOU AND THE OTHERS HAVE CITED ME WITH. HOW ABOUT I GO AND DELETE SOME OF YOUR POSTS. Would that be considered vandelism? If so, you have committed vandelism also. Have a nice day!!! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Aaliyahsnumber1fan (talk • contribs) 17:19, 15 July, 2007 (UTC)
What words did i not change to American English? Just curious. My reasoning is as follows:
- America has a larger readership on Wikipedia, and larger game sales
- 2 users changed the spelling of "instalment", and it was reverted, which is counterproductive.
- The game takes place in America.
- Rockstar and Take-Two are based in America.
- For a general idea of the popularity of different spellings, Google searches give "instalment" 4 million hits and "installment" 25 million hits
- GTA series, GTA II, and GTA III are in American English
- American English tends to be more phonetic, as we say "cent-er" not "cent-re" in speech
- Changing the article's spellings takes one user, and i am happy to do it.
- Scepia 08:30, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Sorry about deleting that citation, I guess I'll have to be a bit more careful next time. Yankeefan1087 10:17, 17 July 2007 (UTC)yankeefan1087
Big Brother UK Housemates Last Names.
Hi, I just think that for all Eight Sereis we Should have there Last names in the Info Box as Wikipedia is about Info and Facts. So why not have then even if they dont use them. I had a look at Other Countries Big Brother past series such as Australia and they seem to have the housemates Lsts Names. I myself like to view there last names in the info box and thinks it looks better than a little short Name. If When a series is Running that people dont want the Housemates Last names to be shown then wait until the series that is airing finishes then add the Last names. That is why i had done From Big Brother 1 - 7 with there last names and left Big Brother eight as people may not want that changed. I feel it would be a good idea to keep there Last names in the info box. And we could do this after this for sereis that have ended. Such as Big Brother 1- 7 just now and as soon as Big Brother 8 Finished there last Names could be Added. And this could keep happening as for when Big Brother 9 starts airing. I just think as Wikipedia Being a Fact and Info site, that its doesnt matter if they are not reffered to its still there name so why not have it. Please take this into consideration and think it through :)Andybigbro2 23:35, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
Re:Thanks for undoing the vandalism
...adopted? Given the amount of refs in both the main BB8 and the Housemates article if there is a statment added without one then I will always delete it, if he is adopted then there should be no problem finding a reference. If he's siad in the house he's adopted then a "on Day 25" quote would be enough, but I'm always suspicious of info added by IPs. Darrenhusted 11:21, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
For some reason he decided to keep blanking a comment I made months ago,  , and then started to give me attitude on this page , and of course he deleted the warnings that had been put there by others. I would liked to have done something about the "all welcome except me" comment but obviously I didn't want to get involved, and so you have done me a favour. Although you should cut down on the wikistalking :-). Darrenhusted 11:34, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
List of Housemates 2007
The new BB page has got a lock on, this should stop the endless IP vandalism. Darrenhusted 11:56, 26 July 2007 (UTC)
Don't ever come on my page tellin me what i can and cant put dont do that ever again in yo life i dont care wat u are boi dont mess wit my page no mo. got that —Preceding unsigned comment added by Thebiggestwwefan (talk • contribs)
- Someone needs to check with an admin over user page guidelines, becuase I don't think you can use your page to name others, regardless of what you think about them, Darius. Darrenhusted 21:45, 26 July 2007 (UTC)