User talk:JuJube/Old Archives 2006-3
- Click here for the 2005 talk page.
- Click here for the 2006 January-March talk page.
- Click here for the 2006 April-May talk page.
- 1 License tagging for Image:Gash-zeon.gif
- 2 How?
- 3 User:Neptunekh
- 4 Mrozinski
- 5 Ichiro Fusaichi
- 6 uhmk?
- 7 Fanlistings
- 8 List of songs with a color word(s) in their names
- 9 Wikistress
- 10 Jennifer Sekiguchi
- 11 Are things allright?
- 12 Your checkuser request.
- 13 Quiz result
- 14 Dark Mercury
- 15 sprotect
- 16 R. Mika's Page
- 17 Matsuda VS Masuda
- 18 Blanka (Street Fighter)
- 19 Article on UBL
- 20 Requesting some help
- 21 Matsuda/Masuda Controversy the Sequel
- 22 Yakushi Kabuto
- 23 A short Esperanzial update
- 24 Re: Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199
- 25 Regarding "False" Killer7 updates
- 26 Thanks!
- 27 We goofed
- 28 User:The Wretched's edits to Naruto articles
- 29 Hideaki Anno revert
- 30 User notice: temporary 3RR block
- 31 Yakushi Kabuto
- 32 Heh
- 33 WP:BALLS
- 34 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 35 indignant anon
- 36 Wikipedia Española
- 37 Yarrow, British Columbia
- 38 chat on-line
- 39 AfD: Pussing
- 40 Zatch Bell spells
- 41 Something you may find interesting
- 42 Chat oneline
- 43 Upset
- 44 zatch bell
- 45 You like zatch bell?
- 46 Star seed
- 47 Joseandricardo
- 48 User:Randall Brackett/Test
- 49 Re: Mediation case
- 50 User 188.8.131.52 continues to vandalize the University of California, Riverside article
- 51 Third opinion
- 52 Talk:University of California, Riverside
- 53 SOCK Remarks
- 54 Your comment on my Talk page
- 55 University of California, Riverside
- 56 Chun-Li
- 57 Two small favors
- 58 What
- 59 IB RfC
- 60 Aeon Again
- 61 Thanks
- 62 My Edits on Anal Sex
- 63 Street Fighter Alpha
- 64 Shoryuken.com
- 65 Gabriel
- 66 Userbox
- 67 Since you don't have an e-mail address here....
- 68 Nicholas Lawson
License tagging for Image:Gash-zeon.gif
Thanks for uploading Image:Gash-zeon.gif. Wikipedia gets hundreds of images uploaded every day, and in order to verify that the images can be legally used on Wikipedia, the source and copyright status must be indicated. Images need to have an image tag applied to the image description page indicating the copyright status of the image. This uniform and easy-to-understand method of indicating the license status allows potential re-users of the images to know what they are allowed to do with the images.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
This is an automated notice by OrphanBot. If you need help on selecting a tag to use, or in adding the tag to the image description, feel free to post a message at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. 06:05, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
- Hi Rick! It's tina. When will you be on msn? I want to chat!
I added links for shingo, Sailor Aluimiun Siren, Chaos, Sailor Venus, Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon, Guardian Cosmos, Chaos and Pluto. Do you want check them out?
Rick could you consider http://animemanga.net/tomb/pg13.html for Chaos? It has manga info, and here's a really good Sailor Venus website: http://digital-wing.com/venus/ It's a fanlisting. Here's a good Venus Shrine: http://www.absoludicrous.net/venus/ Here's a Kaolinite fanlisting: http://www.simply-fan.net/kaolinite/ Here's a good eudial shrine to add to witches 5: http://members.tripod.com/mercuryinfo/akashio.html Here's a fanlisting for Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon: http://starlight-kiss.net/soulhunter/main.htm Please tell me what you think of these links. Cheers to you.
Thank you Rick for letting so many links stay on Wikipedia! You been so generous! My best wishes to your health! I hope I can talk to you on MSN soon!
Rick is there a reason you're not replying to me? Did I do something qwrong or did I upset you? If so, please tell me, I'm sorry if I troubled you in some way.
You might want to check out the link I added for Chibiusa and Mars.
Rick how do I sign my signature? I find it diffacult.
Erasing his comments just ticks him off and makes him add more. The strikethrough leaves them there. Hopefully he meant it when he said he's done. In a few days, the article will be deleted, he'll go away, and we won't have to deal with him again. Fan1967 16:16, 4 June 2006 (UTC)
Rick are under any stress? Have I been bugging you too much? Sorry if I have.
Rick I put two links out for Eudial and Tellu. You might want to check them out.
You mean Ichiro Fusaichi? (In Western order) WhisperToMe 06:54, 5 June 2006 (UTC)
I found his name and put it back :) WhisperToMe 07:00, 5 June 2006 (UTC)
I'm trying to do my sighature. Do you want to check out the fanlistings I left for Artemis, Kakyuu, and Beruche? Neptunekh 06:08, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
Pleasant dreams dude. Neptunekh 06:11, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
What does that stand for?14:41, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
Rick You might want to check out the fanlistings I left for Artemis, Kakyuu, Beruche, Sailor Cosmos and Guardian Cosmos. Neptunekh 21:31, 6 June 2006 (UTC)
Rick sorry to be a bug but are you going to look at the fanlistings I left for Artemis, Kayuu, Beruche, SailorV, Guardian Cosmos, Saffir, Nephrite, Zoisite, Kunzite, Queen Beryal, Sailor Tin Nyanko, Queen Serenity, Usagi, Mamoru, Ami, and possibly more. I know it's alot but you can take your time. I'm not in a rush. I hope you're doing well, and you apartment situation is going ok. Cheers and have a happy summer. Tina Neptunekh 23:29, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
List of songs with a color word(s) in their names
Hi, I appreciate your point re this list, but it seems to me to be a pity to delete a page into which so much effort has gone (even though that effort might have been more useful elsewhere). So I'm asking editors if they can rethink and factor that in - I appreciate they may well reach the same conclusion even after a rethink :-) Dlyons493 Talk
Are things allright?
Hi Rick. It's Tina. I haven't heard from you in about a in week and I'm wondering how you're doing. Things in my family have been bit a mess. How are you are doing? Is your situation going ok? Are are ok to talk on msn? I've missed talking to you. I hope you're doing ok, and I know I'm here for you.Neptunekh 00:48, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
Your checkuser request.
Note from requests for checkuser clerk: The subpage you created for a request for checkuser was moved from Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser/EvanHenderson/ Wikipedia:Requests_for_checkuser/Case/EvanHenderson to conform to the request subpage style. If you have the page in your watchlist, you should adjust your watchlist. You shouldn't get updates for a redirect's target page, so this is a helpful reminder. // Kevin_b_er 00:10, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
I did your quiz and got Jasmine Waithe. It was pretty accurate, I guess, but I also felt an affinity with Lydia King and Esperanza Gutierrez. All your characters sounded complex and well-developed, congratulations. :) Amedyr 12:18, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
I just did your quiz and apparently I'm you... :) Jud 01:27, 28 June 2006 (UTC)
- Me too :)--RockyMM 16:18, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi Rick! It's Tina! I have a new link for Dark Mercury: http://kirari-pgsm.net/darkury.php do you want to check it out? I hope you're not mad at me. I hope things are allright. Tare care. Neptunekh 23:24, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
R. Mika's Page
1. Why should it be considered cruft when the statement is bassiclly true, it's been there since I first created the page (you can look at the history for proof), and other simiularities to other characters (e.g. Dan to the AOF characters, the Bruce Lee colones to each other Hugo to Andre even though it's not canon, Q to Robot Detective K etc.
2. I recently found out that the Capcom Secret File cover pic with her and Yamato Nadeshiko is offical, that's why I changed it.
(184.108.40.206 11:45, 19 June 2006 (UTC))
Matsuda VS Masuda
I really have to disagree with your position having to move the Yuuki Matsuda article to the Yuuki Masuda article. I checked the birthdate on BOTH Yuuki Masuda and Yuuki Matsuda at the ANN and here are the reasons why you really put on a can of worms:
- Last Name Kanji is diffrent
- Yuuki Masuda was born in 1979, the actual person voicing K' is a WHOLE LOT OLDER
- The person voicing K' works for 81 Produce (Haruna Ikezawa, Daiki Nakamura, Hidetoshi Nakamura, Kae Araki, Shinichirou Miki)
Therefore, I have to say that you are actually crediting the wrong person. Therefore, I need you to look at the two articles to compare (Masuda Yuuki DID NOT voice K', that's the wrong actor):
- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=13651 (Yuuki Matsuda)
- http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=17765 (Yuuki Masuda, he voiced some character in Sonic the Hedgehog, you've got this one wrong).
- See my reasons citation here
Please revert it back to "Yuuki Matsuda" since that is the correct name of the person who voiced K', please check the ANN and IMDb very carefully before doing a re-name in the future for Seiyuus. Thanks. — Mark Kim (Reply/Start Talk) 04:13, 20 June 2006 (UTC)
Blanka (Street Fighter)
- Who made you the leading authority on Street Fighter canon anyway? Did you notice that his article also says he was RAISED BY WOLVES??!! If you must know, the explanation of the plane crash is provided in the Japanese SF2 sourcebook, "Hadouken No Nazou (Mysteries of the Hadouken)". Look it up. Oh yeah, next time do your research before attempting to call me on my shit. KythringRB 05:42, 21 June 2006 (UTC)
- Yeah I've heard of Tiamat. I've spoken with him on many occasions and frequent the same thread as him (as you probably do). What you don't know is that the guy who informed Tiamat of the 'Shadaloo base' scenario didn't provide a specific source for it, whereas I've seen the my eXplanation mentioned in a few official sources. We atleast know where the eXplanation I provided came from. If you take a look at the Plot Guide, you'll notice that it provides both eXplanations. Again, have you noticed that Blanka's article also says he was RAISED BY WOLVES?!?!
Article on UBL
I just want to know the reason why you rejected the contents that I posted under the search of UBL. It was the introduction of the bank and reference is also given for review.
Requesting some help
On the Yakushi Kabuto article there's this one kid who keeps adding a big section that involves nothing but speculation.  When I attempt to remove it, he just calls me a vandal and reverts it. I even explained it on the article's talk page, but he just does the same thing. Could you help me explain to him that those kind of edits don't belong in Wikipedia? Or at least assist me in reverting it whenever he re-adds the section. Thanks. Geg 22:57, 21 June 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks. I had no idea Wikipedia had a "Don't be a dick" policy. -Geg on AOL (also wheels)
- Hahaha, thanks. Geg 14:51, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
Matsuda/Masuda Controversy the Sequel
First, I had to erase the K' credit from Yuuki Masuda because Yuuki Masuda was NOT the person who did K' from King of Fighters. K' was actually voiced by someone who was employed from a Japanese Agency called "81 Produce" (See the link for YUUKI MATSUDA). Therefore, I had to remove the K' credit from Yuuki Masuda because it was actually erroneous information. Second of all, I had to consider the article to be lacking sources because I don't know whether or not who started the article was detail-oriented, but I had to do so because being a very detail-oriented person when it comes to Seiyuus, I felt that the Yuuki Masuda article was lacking a couple of sources, plus I feel that there were too many errors.
I also need to go over the Yuuki Matsuda that you've opted to move to Yuuki Masuda for reasons unknown. I think that Yuuki Matsuda and Yuuki Masuda are two diffrent people as per the Anime News Network. The two sources you definitely need to be very detail-oriented are the two websites that I've mentioned. I had to remove the Redirect because of the fact that when I did a Google Search, there was no such thing as a Yuuki Masuda voicing K' in King of Fighters.
Please browse through the two links that I have provided in this message. If there is any broken links arising from this shape-up I emitted, please respond. Thanks. — Mark Kim (Reply/Start Talk) 02:26, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
A short Esperanzial update
As you may have gathered, discussions have been raging for about a week on the Esperanza talk page as to the future direction of Esperanza. Some of these are still ongoing and warrant more input (such as the idea to scrap the members list altogether). However, some decisions have been made and the charter has hence been amended. See what happened. Basically, the whole leadership has had a reshuffle, so please review the new, improved charter.
As a result, we are electing 4 people this month. They will replace JoanneB and Pschemp and form a new tranche A, serving until December. Elections will begin on 2006-07-02 and last until 2006-07-09. If you wish to run for a Council position, add your name to the list before 2006-07-02. For more details, see Wikipedia:Esperanza/June 2006 elections.
Regarding "False" Killer7 updates
Hey, Danny! I wanted to clear something up for you. I entered the info for each member of the Killer7 from a book I have. However, after playing through the game again, I realized that the heights could not possibly be accurate, and so I changed them to the proper specifications. However, you told me that this info was false, when, in reality, the first things I updated were wrong.--DuckyBoy 01:00, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for understanding.
Hi Danny. You might have noticed that at the RfD for International Intangible standards I had echoed your comments. It turns out that we inadvertently bit a newbie. Oops! Worse yet, he's making a genuine attempt to understand and contribute to WP. Double Oops! I know we were both joking around, but I apologized to Ken on his page and struck out my 'bite' on the AfD page. If you would be willing to do the same I think it would really help a new contributor see WP in a more positive light. Thanks for taking the time to read and consider this. --Doc Tropics 17:22, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for delivering that cookie Danny, yer a good guy :)
- I noticed that edit by Dragon Emperor and did a quick check. Not only did he not create the article, he never contributed to it at all. A quick look at his Talkpage indicates that he's made some...questionable... edits in the past. This one seems more like simple nonsense than vandalism, but he might bear watching. <shrug>, whatever...but really, thanks again. --Doc Tropics 21:52, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
User:The Wretched's edits to Naruto articles
Hideaki Anno revert
I don't know if you're familiar with the movie, Funky Forest (JPN title: Naisu no Mori), but it's currently playing in NYC's Asian Film Festival and does in fact have Hideaki Anno in it. I'm unsure, therefore, as to why this was deleted from the Hideaki Anno entry. Here's the Japanese website for the movie, in case you're curious: http://www.nice-movie.com/. I hope Mr. Anno's entry will reflect this work in the future!
As far as finding someone who speaks Japanese, well, I'm fluent in Japanese. Also, if you visited the movie site, "CAST" is actually on the homepage in English. If you click on the character named "Hasuda", you will see Mr. Anno credited with the performance. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding. Silversonic 06:51, 26 June 2006 (UTC) silversonic
User notice: temporary 3RR block
I guess I got you involved in the whole Kabuto thing, so sorry about that. Still, I got blocked for 24 hours when I broke the 3RR on that page, and you only got 12. Lucky. :P Geg 16:01, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
Oh! we have a complete bollocks page! My day is complete. I can see me using that a lot. Thanks for pointing it out (at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Baggle-Flumper). Mr Stephen 07:54, 28 June 2006 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better -- thanks for helping.
Ok you can do whatever you want with other pages. But your former pm to me shows that you do not know anything about the Smash community. You said:
"And your quest to insult me continues. I'm very familiar with the SSBM tournament scene, and how there are a lot of small tourneys here and there that get above-average entrants; but the fact is, MELEE-FC can boast about being the largest tourney of its kind simply because there ARE no other international SSBM tourneys. And when LAN parties get entrants by the thousands, 186 is a pretty sad boast; Evolution tournaments get that much and EVO still isn't notable by Wikipedia standards"
Evo hosts 7 games and draw 300-400 it deserves notability and will have an article written on it. Please tell me your name on Smashboards, if you know the community. Does anyone in the community know you? Don't pretend you know anything about smash. You continue to insult me. You are the one that deleted my articles. If you look you can clear see a good deal of work was put into them. It will be rewritten. This article has little effect on you. Recommending it for deletion only hurts me. If I were you dont target any of my articles. In fact you are showing bias against my articles.
By the way as far as international tournament go, there have been 4 tournaments, including OC, TG, FC, and MLG, all of these bring an international scene. You don't know what your talking about. You found this link through me, by targeting what I was writing. Therefore your targets are bias, which break wikipedia rules.
It is very messed up that you wrote to admins saying that I had the intention to vandalize. When we both know I did not. Drop the subject dude, you know I didnt vandalize anything. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
Hola soy Siabef desde la Wikipedia Española.
He visto que has colaborado en el artículo inglés de Sonic the Hedgehog. Yo, junto a otros usuarios de la Wikipedia de España, estamos haciendo artículos de Sonic que nos gustaría que vieses.
Es cierto que nos hemos basado en esta Wikipedia para los artículos de los personajes (por ahora remodelados Sonic y Tails). Pero, los de los videojuegos son de nuestra cosecha (y, por cierto están muy bien, sobre todo los de 8- bit)
Por favor, te rogaría que colaborases también en nuestra Wikipedia
Un saludo, visita mi página de usuario en Wikipedia Castellano
Yarrow, British Columbia
Hi Rick! It's Tina! I haven't talk to you in a while. There is a article I would like help with. There is a tiny village in my country called Yarrow that I went to do an article and I have a link for it: http://www.yarrowecovillage.ca/index2.html Would that link be apporitate? And can you help me write the article? Thanks Rick! Neptunekh 01:53, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
Hey Rick. Thanks for considering! Do you want do chat online now? I'm free! Neptunekh 03:54, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
How about Tommorow tonight? Neptunekh 04:33, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
Please remain WP:CALM and respond in a civil manner to Kevinbeds and other users. The tone of the debate on the AfD is not helpful and while I agree that Kevinbeds' personal attacks are unacceptable, I feat the aggressive tone of some of your replies are inflaming rather than calming the situation. I have left a warning for personal attacks on Kevinbeds' talk page. Thanks, Gwernol 12:25, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
Zatch Bell spells
Basically, saying that "Zaker" and "Zakeru"/"Rashield" and "Rashirudo" are two different names is like saying "Gash" and "Gasshu" are two different names. "Zakeru" is just how the fansubbers translated it, and "Zaker" is how the English dubbers translated it. Also, leaving one as "Zakeru" and the other "Zaker" seems to indicate that it's officially spelled that way in the Japanese series, while they've actually never shown the spell names in Romanji in the series, as far as I know. -The Splendiferous Gegiford 01:37, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Something you may find interesting
Hello there! Remember me? Or atleast when you explained me about Lynn Harris' doubtful voice role of Sophitia? Well, guess what?, Lynn is actually credited on Soul Edge's End Credits sequence! So she did work in the game, and taking into account that only 4 characters (Rock, Cervantes, Sophitia and Siegfried) has western voiceactors (as the asian ones were left with their original voices), its almost sure she in fact did Sophitia in SE (and possibly SC as well, but I don't have access to the End Credits of that one). So what do you think? --Johnny Master 10:22, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
- Well, I wouldn't know how reliable is her page, but her participation in SE (and possibly SC) is backed by the game, and since Soph is the only girl with translated voice seems to point she has worked on it. Wish I would have access to SC, so I would find if she is credited there too...:( --Johnny Master 10:57, 11 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi Rick! It's Tina. Do you want to chat online tonight? Please let me know. Thanks! 18.104.22.168 03:40, 12 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi Rick. It's Tina. Sorry I've been bothering you. Are you upset or annoyed at me? If so, I won't bug you anymore. Neptunekh 21:00, 12 July 2006 (UTC)
sorry about the vandalism so you say on Zatch Bell mamodo battles--Goren of the stone 00:16, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
You like zatch bell?
If you do ive been trying to start articles on the video games because i have most of them and ive beeten them all and every other anime video game has an article--Goren of the stone 00:19, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for following though with that link. Even though this has been on afd before, I've sent it there again (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Star seed) as it has been almost a year since the last afd, and consensus changes over time. I am not making a vote one way or the other on that afd though. Thanks, — xaosflux Talk 03:10, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
I think User:Jose and ricardo was blocked for a period of time (but not banned), User:Joseandricardo was not hit at all, even though we know they're the same. — Arthur Rubin | (talk) 01:12, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
I've made a slight redesign on the uniform Template:General CVG character. I've stated reasoning on the WP:CVG talkpage. Any comments on the new design would be appreciated. -Randall Brackett 07:54, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
Re: Mediation case
Apologies for any offense; I honestly didn't have any sinister or sneaky intentions. All I ask is that you keep an open mind and give me a chance to explain my reasoning.
First, I wanted to give the situation a chance to calm down, and I felt that keeping the case private for a brief period would be the way to go, there; everybody gets a chance for a breather. I know that you're an established user, and that you'll be fine pretty much no matter what happens in the case; I don't believe the same is true for Kevinbeds, and I just wanted a chance to have a brief talk with him before involving you... he hasn't responded to either of my messages.
Second, I wasn't sure if he'd stick around long enough for the case to really get off the ground, and if it stalled or devolved at the first post, I didn't want to waste your time with (a) nothing, or (b) a flame war. Hope that makes sense. Honestly, if real discussion had started I would have notified you at once. If he does come back, I'm more than happy to facillitate whatever discussion I can. And, finally, if you don't feel you can trust me as a mediator, I'm willing to recuse myself from the case so that someone you hopefully do trust can step in; I have nothing but respect for your opinions and contributions, and if any of us have to be inconvenienced or put upon here, I'd rather it be me. Happy to discuss this further, if you like. Luna Santin 08:46, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
- Oh fine. :) I honestly kinda doubt he's coming back, but if anything happens at MedCab I'll let you know. Luna Santin 08:55, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
User 22.214.171.124 continues to vandalize the University of California, Riverside article
Is there anything you can do about it? This user has already said that he isn't interested in participating in the discussion, and he has threatened to keep doing this. Your help would be sincerely appreciated. UCRGrad 22:08, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
Current dispute on Shermie, Chris (King of Fighters) and Yashiro Nanakase (see the histories). According to WP:DR, this is a level dispute so WP:DR#Discuss_with_third_parties is preferable. A third opinion in the image insertions...? -Randall Brackett 02:00, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
re the information regarding smog's influence on administrative policy at ucr, it's a paraphrase of a statement given by Irvin Hinderaker, UCR chancellor during the 70s, when the smog first became a widely reported national issue due to the riverside mayor's request for federal assistance dollars in dealing with it. as riverside the place became associated with smog, enrollments at ucr subsequentially dropped dramatically, and hinderacker explicitly said in his oral history transcript that he lobbied for the ucr/ucla biomedial program and also developed the undergraduate business program primarily as a means of increasing enrollment at that school while rumors circulated at the state level that it would or should be shut down. while this is not all that happened during the 70s, i'm for keeping the statement as it currently is the only information that shows the dramatic effect the air quality in riverside has had on the ucr institution, other than the establishment of the air pollution research center. best regards,--Amerique 15:29, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
- [] UCRG conduct RFC
- [] IB conduct RFC
- I'd be happy if you could help with the gathering of evidence/information or the organizing of either of these conduct RFCs, following these examples here  User Conduct RFCs.--Amerique 16:04, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
I understand that you are a new user here, but I would like to inform you that it is considered inappropriate to make sockpuppet allegations on the discussion pages. Such accusations could cause you problems down the line.Insert-Belltower 21:10, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
So it goes. Insert-Belltower 01:09, 18 July 2006 (UTC)
Your comment on my Talk page
What the...? WHAT PAGE? I edited at least two pages today where I mentioned or edited a mention of Evangelion, and I no longer have those windows even open, because they were HOURS ago. If you are going to send such messages to people, please, PLEASE at least have the courtesy of telling them WHAT PAGE you are even talking about. :\
Second - I have to say, your comment was very rude-sounding. It's the curt phrasing, in case you're wondering, and the confusing "There is a commented portion of the article that specifically..." (What the heck is "commented portion" supposed to mean? I was not aware of that even being Wikipedia terminology, please explain) and the far more curt "Your changes have been reverted." Your entire explanation in actual fact gives me no ACTUAL explanation - all you do is tell me there are "comments" on a page and a "brief discussion" on a Talk page that, in both cases, you neither list nor link. Please tell me you did not intend it to sound as such, surely? Because while I have edited a couple of anime pages before, I haven't edited any religion or mythology pages before. No need to be rude (which is how your message sort of sounded, especially the "Your changes have been reverted." bit at the end, which was so curt as to sound almost as if you were talking down to me, which isn't generally good "etiquette", which your own Talk page claims to encourage. I'm hoping it was a rushed comment or something, and really guessing that it wasn't intentional, but it really struck a bit of a nerve, the way it was phrased, and you may want to avoid such curt phrasings in the future when dealing with other people's edits, if you're already going to go to the trouble of going to their Talk page about it. I see a handful of other people have left considerably snippier comments on this Talk page, which leads me to think that, while I'm positive you have good intentions, you may have just a slightly too-brusque way of talking to people about edits you disagree with, and you might want to be careful how you notify people of changes to their work).
Thirdly - If you are referring to the page Lilith (which I cannot go check at the moment, because I have to get some sleep before I go in to work), why?? The page Lilim, which is already linked from that one, also mentions the series, and goes into equally spoilery terriotory. So if it's spoilers you're worried about, I'm not the only fish needing frying here.
However, if it's not spoilers (I must apologize, but I really must sleep, I'm losing sleep just by replying, but if I don't reply now I'll probably forget to, and I don't want that to happen), WHY NOT? It's a VERY notable reference - it's one of the most well-known and most popular anime series of ALL TIME, and the story/character of Lilith plays a key role in all versions I've seen so far.
Why remove it completely - which is exactly what it sounds like you did (though once again, without knowing what article you are even talking about, I can't be sure) - when it's a big role in a popular series, though? If you want to avoid spoilers, why not simply allow people to state that "A version of the Lilith story plays a key role in..." or "A version of the Lilith story is featured in..." or "A version of the Lilith story is referenced in..." and leave it at that? Because then it's true and there's no spoilers. For a VERY popular series (it's been airing on U.S. TV lately to decent ratings, even, surely you knew that if you knew about the show, right?) I just don't understand, either the (apparent) complete removal of any reference to Evangelion, or the lack of information as to what you're even complaining about. Again - what page are you talking about?
(Note: just to warn you ahead of time, if you reply almost immediately or within the next few hours, I cannot guarantee a prompt response, as I must sleep and have to go to work in a few hours where I may not be able to access Wikipedia right away. But I WILL respond to any comment to my Talk page, or emails, almost immediately upon realizing I've got them)
Sidenote: The username intrigues me. What's your story about? :) Runa27 09:04, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you very much for your response. :) Especially the explanation - now I get it, and I actually agree with the revert now. Perhaps though, the disambig note on the top of the page should be changed to reflect the Evangelion version's difference? E.g. something like "This page is about the original theological and mythological character. For the usage in Neon Genesis Evangelion, see... for other uses, see...". On the surface, it seems a bit silly considering there's also a pointing to the disambig there, but it would also keep people from trying to add Evangelion references to the page and reduce your Wikistress, I should think. ;)
- I do feel the need to correct an assertion of yours, however - the Lilith of Evangelion is, while certainly "weird", not an "organic robot". She is exactly what both my edit had, and what the Lilim page claims (and since they explicitly use the phrase "Lilim" in the series, I wouldn't suggest completely removing that addition to that page, really, unless there's already a mention in the Evangelion Lilith-including page about it) - a giant primordial being from whom humanity was apparently born (even weirder side note: the actual organic robots of the series used Lilith's blood as their "LCL" fluid, e.g. the fluid that the pilots breathed in the "entry plugs" of the EVA units. I've always found it a bit interesting that the series had them inserting the cockpits into the robots and had "umbilical" power cords, which between all that and the LCL, is making a heck of a lot of womb references all in one. Not to mention the thing with each of the pilots' mothers. Freudian, much? :P). She was also one of the sources for DNA for the EVA units' biological components, as I recall. This may be where you were confused, as the EVAs were created using DNA from early "Angels" (mostly Adam, as I recall, but I'm pretty sure Lilith was also used for that purpose, and it would make sense, considering the way they use her obviously-compatible-with-the-EVAs blood), making them almost "Angels" themselves, minus the attacking humanity part (well, usually minus the attacking humanity part, anyway). Which is a really long and rambling way of putting it, but there you go. I really can't disagree that she's incredibly weird in Eva, though. XD Given that the illustrations I've seen of her in the anime and manga all have her as this big white thing with, if you look closely, what looks like a bunch of people's limbs sprouting from her lower torso, like she's cell-dividing into lots of mini-Liliths or something. And the seven-eyed... whatever that's on her head. Heh. I like the blond wavy-haired Lilith of that 19th century painting from the mythological Lilith-including pages a lot better (I know I got to Lilith after following links from femme fatale, but I can't recall whether or not there was a page in between that and the one with the really pretty painting as its main picture). XD Runa27 16:14, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi Danny, I reviewed things at your request. I'm insufficiently knowledgeable of the school to be able to comment in detail, but I suggest the following to help accelerate consensus:
- I'm pleased that no edit warring is currently going on with the page
- Definitely send suspected sockpuppets for WP:RFCU, as commentary with one's self does not assist with consensus
- I've removed the abomination quote from the article specifically, as that was the one thing that I found egregious
- This would definitely be a good case for an RfC, which can sometimes bring in knowledgeable editors who weren't aware of the dispute
- Didn't realize that there was already an WP:RFC in April. Perhaps another one? -- Samir धर्म 00:11, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
This is Ninjasetsuna, I am very sorry to put this here. I am pretty much baffled on how to use the discussion tab on the Chun Li topic. I'm sorry to have kept changing it yet I feel that the pinyin is wrong. Japanese does not have tones, yet Chinese does. So either it is "chun ri" as per the Japanese pronounciation of her Chinese name, or "chūn lì" the Chinese pronounciation. It looks odd to me. I'm very sorry I kept editing it. 對不起。
Two small favors
Hi Rick! How are you doing? I see you have a new icon on your user page saying you are a fan of Sailor Moon. That's Great! How can I get that on my page? Could you please help me? And another small favor: there are 2 links I left on a Xena character page called Joxer. Could you please me them into external links? Or can you teach me how I can do that? Thanks Rick! Neptunekh 05:26, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
My Edits on Anal Sex
Hi, Thanks for the message. Of course I have no objection to a deletion review - inconsistency is one of the plagues of Wikipedia. And as you say, if Daigo Umehara is regarded as that notable probably Shoryuken.com should be revisited. Dlyons493 Talk 21:12, 26 July 2006 (UTC)
Hi. I hope this is the right place to reply to your message. I'm afraid that wikipedia is not that user-friendly (even though I've been around here for some time, it's still quite confusing). My edit in the gabriel page was in fact not a test or an experimentation. I added a reference to the song "Gabriel" by Electrelane. Only I made a mistake because I put it in the "Gabriel in fiction" section before I noticed that a "Gabriel in music" section already existed. Hence the multiple edits for which I apologize. If you have no objections, I will now add the reference in its proper place. --Lord KRISHNA 02:48, 28 July 2006 (UTC)
How do I create a userbox? Neptunekh 22:44, 29 July 2006 (UTC)
Since you don't have an e-mail address here....
Check out the history of this for your finest moment when you accidentally reverted a restored version back to the vandalised version and got it deleted! :) Tyrenius 11:13, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
It's those admins. They do it all the time. Tyrenius 19:02, 31 July 2006 (UTC)
Can you please revisit this AFD? I have added a second, similar article from the same source. Same situation: it was incorrectly prod'ed a second time. Fan-1967 19:50, 31 July 2006 (UTC)