Note: I am only semi-active lately, so I may be slow in responding.
- 1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Robbie_Benson
- 2 File:Micromuseum subject to change.jpg
- 3 Extended confirmed protection
- 4 Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
- 5 A new user right for New Page Patrollers
- 6 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 7 Coats of Arms Gallery Deletion/Move to Commons
- 8 Discussion at Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion#File:Aneptunelogon.gif
- 9 File:GardenStreetBridgeSchuylkillRiverSkylinePhiladelphiaPennsylvania.jpg
- 10 Administrators' newsletter - February 2017
- 11 Illinois (Sufjan Stevens album)
- 12 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
I feel it is only fair that you restore the above article so I can bring the following links which highlight Benson's notability under GNG to those who voted to delete the article in the deletion debate. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to do this while the article was up for deletion and it got deleted very speedily. See: , , , , , , , . They are just an example of some of the articles relating to Benson showing coverage across a range of national and international media. Many thanks, --IrishTennis (talk) 15:56, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
- Good sources, thank you for digging these up. I would say the best option would be to create a draft page and submit at WP:AFC, since this was already deleted through AFD discussion. Would you like me to restore to your userspace where you can get a submission ready? Jujutacular (talk) 22:03, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
- Done, thank you. I searched for a while but could not find strictly that photos of dance qualified as a derivative work. Jujutacular (talk) 16:39, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
Two-Factor Authentication now available for admins
Please note that TOTP based two-factor authentication is now available for all administrators. In light of the recent compromised accounts, you are encouraged to add this additional layer of security to your account. It may be enabled on your preferences page in the "User profile" tab under the "Basic information" section. For basic instructions on how to enable two-factor authentication, please see the developing help page for additional information. Important: Be sure to record the two-factor authentication key and the single use keys. If you lose your two factor authentication and do not have the keys, it's possible that your account will not be recoverable. Furthermore, you are encouraged to utilize a unique password and two-factor authentication for the email account associated with your Wikimedia account. This measure will assist in safeguarding your account from malicious password resets. Comments, questions, and concerns may be directed to the thread on the administrators' noticeboard. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 20:33, 12 November 2016 (UTC)
A new user right for New Page Patrollers
A new user group, New Page Reviewer, has been created in a move to greatly improve the standard of new page patrolling. The user right can be granted by any admin at PERM. It is highly recommended that admins look beyond the simple numerical threshold and satisfy themselves that the candidates have the required skills of communication and an advanced knowledge of notability and deletion. Admins are automatically included in this user right.
It is anticipated that this user right will significantly reduce the work load of admins who patrol the performance of the patrollers. However,due to the complexity of the rollout, some rights may have been accorded that may later need to be withdrawn, so some help will still be needed to some extent when discovering wrongly applied deletion tags or inappropriate pages that escape the attention of less experienced reviewers, and above all, hasty and bitey tagging for maintenance. User warnings are available here but very often a friendly custom message works best.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Coats of Arms Gallery Deletion/Move to Commons
Hi, I saw you deleted a gallery I created about 10 years ago that should be moved to Commons: Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Coats_of_arms_of_U.S._Cavalry_Regiments. Could you please restore to my user space so that I can do that? Thanks! Hammon27 (talk) 21:55, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
- I see that it's been done! Sorry for the delayed response. Jujutacular (talk) 18:18, 20 December 2016 (UTC)
Discussion at Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion#File:Aneptunelogon.gif
You are invited to join the discussion at Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion#File:Aneptunelogon.gif. Mdrnpndr (talk) 15:28, 24 December 2016 (UTC)
The 2009 File:GardenStreetBridgeSchuylkillRiverSkylinePhiladelphiaPennsylvania.jpg is a fine photo, but many more skyscrapers have been built, so a new photo is needed. Do you have a current one, or can you take a new one?--Dthomsen8 (talk) 01:42, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
- I don't live near Philadelphia, the photographer is User:Massimo Catarinella, they may be able to help. However doesn't look like they've been active the past few years. Jujutacular (talk) 22:51, 27 January 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- Looks like good stuff! Thank you for letting me know. Jujutacular (talk) 18:09, 4 October 2017 (UTC)