|This is KTC's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to KTC.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11|
- 1 Change from announced time table for the Arbitration enforcement arbitration case
- 2 A barnstar for you!
- 3 28 member nations of the European Parliament
- 4 Motion passed in AE arbitration case granting amnesty and rescinding previous temporary injunction
- 5 Nomination of Patricia Anne Johnston for deletion
- 6 A cup of tea for you!
- 7 Community desysoping RfC
- 8 Oops
- 9 Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case#Malik Shabazz
- 10 Palestine-Israel articles 3 arbitration case opened
- 11 Five minutes to help make WikiProjects better
- 12 THANK YOU!
- 13 Help us improve wikimeets by filling in the UK Wikimeet survey!
- 14 Notability tags
- 15 Regarding Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2015 September 22#Wikipedia:PIMP
- 16 closure request
- 17 Palestine-Israel articles 3 arbitration case proposed decision posted
- 18 You're invited! Women in Red World Virtual Edit-a-thon on Women in Science
- 19 A cup of coffee for you!
- 20 Philosothon
- 21 Chandu Yelga (CSY) Wikipedia Page (Deletion)
- 22 Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Palestine-Israel articles 3 closed
- 23 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 24 Fastwalkers
- 25 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Ski_Chalet_Holidays
- 26 A barnstar for you!
- 27 Possibly unfree File:Li Keqiang 2012 cropped.jpg
Change from announced time table for the Arbitration enforcement arbitration case
You are receiving this message either because you are a party to the Arbitration enforcement arbitration case, because you have commented in the case request, or the AN or AE discussions leading to this arbitration case, or because you have specifically opted in to receiving these messages. Unless you are a party to this arbitration case, you may opt out of receiving further messages at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Arbitration enforcement/Notification list. The drafters of the Arbitration enforcement arbitration case have published a revised timetable for the case, which changes what you may have been told when the case was opened. The dates have been revised as follows: the Evidence phase will close 5 July 2015, one week earlier than originally scheduled; the Workshop phase will close 26 July 2015, one week later than originally scheduled; the Proposed decision is scheduled to be posted 9 August 2015, two weeks later than originally scheduled. Thank you. On behalf of the arbitration clerks, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 07:58, 1 July 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Defender of the Wiki Barnstar|
|I hereby award you this for your efforts regarding Freedom of Panorama 2015 banner. -- A Certain White Cat chi? 16:26, 1 July 2015 (UTC)|
28 member nations of the European Parliament
Might I propose the addition of European Economic Area members as well? They cannot vote but they are afflicted by the decisions. So that would include Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and possibly Switzerland. Also perhaps European Union Customs Union countries Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, and Turkey which may be afflicted indirectly as well. -- A Certain White Cat chi? 13:59, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
- @とある白い猫: I'm not going to expand it personally, but I see the global campaign behind this is adapting the existing banner (instead of creating another one like they were going to do) and is showing it to more languages. You may want to ask them over at meta. -- KTC (talk) 16:22, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
Motion passed in AE arbitration case granting amnesty and rescinding previous temporary injunction
This message is sent at 12:53, 5 July 2015 (UTC) by Arbitration Clerk User:Penwhale via MassMessage on behalf of the Arbitration Committee. You are receiving this message because your name appears on this list and have not elected to opt-out of being notified of development in the arbitration case.
On 5 July, 2015, the following motion was passed and enacted:
Nomination of Patricia Anne Johnston for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Patricia Anne Johnston until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Calliopejen1 (talk) 21:25, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
A cup of tea for you!
|You're awesome. Keilana|Parlez ici 18:21, 19 July 2015 (UTC)|
Community desysoping RfC
Sorry for my removal of your comment. I had some trouble actually being able to save my edit at all, which may explain why I never received an edit conflict. Heimstern Läufer (talk) 15:46, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
Palestine-Israel articles 3 arbitration case opened
You were recently listed as a party to a request for arbitration. The Arbitration Committee has accepted that request for arbitration and an arbitration case has been opened at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Palestine-Israel articles 3. Evidence that you wish the arbitrators to consider should be added to the evidence subpage, at Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Palestine-Israel articles 3/Evidence. Please add your evidence by September 8, 2015, which is when the evidence phase closes. You can also contribute to the case workshop subpage, Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Palestine-Israel articles 3/Workshop. For a guide to the arbitration process, see Wikipedia:Arbitration/Guide to arbitration. For the Arbitration Committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 15:43, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
Five minutes to help make WikiProjects better
First, on behalf of WikiProject X, thank you for trying out the WikiProject X pilot projects. I would like to get some anonymous feedback from you on your experience using the new WikiProject layout and tools. This way, we will know what we did right, and if we did something horribly wrong, we can try to fix it. This feedback won't be associated with your username, so please be completely honest. We are determined to improve the experience of Wikipedians, and your feedback helps us with that. (You are also welcome to leave non-anonymous feedback at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject X.)
Please complete the survey here. The survey has two parts: the first part asks for your username, while the second part contains the survey questions. These two parts are stored separately, so your username will not be associated with your feedback. There are only nine questions and it should not take very long to complete. Once you complete the survey I will leave a handwritten note on your talk page as a token of my appreciation.
- Hello! Just sending a reminder to complete the survey linked above. (This is the only reminder I'll send, I promise.) Let me know on my talk page if you have any questions. Thank you!!! Harej (talk) 22:18, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
- Indeed - thanks! F5 was gonna get worn out but Oshwah was always faster on the draw. Ravensfire (talk) 21:45, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
- Agreed here. That guy was persistent - thanks to all of you for helping with reverting the damage :-) ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 21:47, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
- Also, he's now making edits on his talk page that are most certainly not appropriate. It might be time to revoke that as well, KTC. ~Oshwah~ (talk) (contribs) 21:53, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
Help us improve wikimeets by filling in the UK Wikimeet survey!
Hello! I'm running a survey to identify the best way to notify Wikimedians about upcoming UK wikimeets (informal, in-person social meetings of Wikimedians), and to see if we can improve UK wikimeets to make them accessible and attractive to more editors and readers. All questions are optional, and it will take about 10 minutes to complete. Please fill it in at:
Hi KTC, I took the liberty of removing three notability tags you placed on some women's football clubs. WP:FOOTYN, a widely held consensus on the notability of clubs states that they are notable if they have played in a national competition. I also moved Exeter City Ladies Football Club back to Exeter City L.F.C. as LFC / WFC is the common article title format. Though I would let you know as I messed up the WL in the edit summary. Fenix down (talk) 15:00, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
Do you think Wikipedia:Redirects for discussion/Log/2015 September 22#Wikipedia:PIMP was inappropriately publicized? All of the !votes were keep before it was mentioned at Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2015-09-23/Op-ed in the Discuss this story comments section; after which a flood of delete !votes came in. Just curious about your opinion of the matter as the closing administrator. Regards,—Godsy(TALKCONT) 15:19, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
Per Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard#Please_don.27t_close_too_early it may be ready to close. NE Ent 21:37, 10 October 2015 (UTC)
- Its been seven days so I have hatted everything else - just awaiting closure. The extended repetitive conversations were just getting on my wick. Shame it couldnt have been sent to a sub-page on the first day since it was clearly going to end up being a behemoth. Only in death does duty end (talk) 09:24, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
Palestine-Israel articles 3 arbitration case proposed decision posted
Hi KTC. A decision has been proposed in the Palestine-Israel articles 3 arbitration case, which you are listed as a party to. Please review this decision and draw the arbitrators' attention to any relevant material or statements. Comments may be brought to the attention of the committee on the proposed decision talk page. For a guide to the arbitration process, see Wikipedia:Arbitration/Guide to arbitration. For the Arbitration Committee, L235 (t / c / ping in reply) 20:41, 14 October 2015 (UTC) (via MediaWiki message delivery (talk))
You're invited! Women in Red World Virtual Edit-a-thon on Women in Science
|You are invited! Join us remotely!
A cup of coffee for you!
|Thanks for your work in relisting AfD discussions, which helps to keep matters in order. North America1000 07:05, 6 November 2015 (UTC)|
In the past few days you deleted the article titled "Philosothon'. The reason given for this was a lack of notability however there was ample additional secondary sources added to the article following the nomination. This included several ABC National Radio programs specifically about the event, several Newspaper articles, professional journal articles and independent university and school references. Having looked at several similar Wikipedia articles this article has many, many more independent references than most of them; See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Mathematics_Competition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethics_Bowl https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Philosophy_Olympiad
In terms of it being promotional this was not a problem when it was originally published eight years ago. The article also includes a section devoted to criticisms of the Philosothon. Finally this article could be modified if an editor had bothered to make some positive and constructive suggestions...Can I ask you to restore this article so it can be further edited .Sydney59 (talk) 15:25, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
Chandu Yelga (CSY) Wikipedia Page (Deletion)
Why Does the page Chandu Yelga (CSY) was deleted...? It has all Cite sources truly and proved by networking sites and Chandu Yelga (CSY) is the article about notable person who is a Indian Computer Programmer.
So, please i am requesting you to replace the deleted article as soon as possible...
This arbitration case has been closed and the final decision is available at the link above. The following remedies have been enacted:
- All anonymous IP editors and accounts with less than 500 edits and 30 days tenure are prohibited from editing any page that could be reasonably construed as being related to the Arab-Israeli conflict. This prohibition may be enforced by reverts, page protections, blocks, the use of Pending Changes, and appropriate edit filters.
- Uninvolved administrators are encouraged to monitor the articles covered by discretionary sanctions in the original Palestine-Israel case to ensure compliance. To assist in this, administrators are reminded that:
- Accounts with a clear shared agenda may be blocked if they violate the sockpuppetry policy or other applicable policy;
- Accounts whose primary purpose is disruption, violating the policy on biographies of living persons, or making personal attacks may be blocked indefinitely;
- There are special provisions in place to deal with editors who violate the BLP policy;
- Administrators may act on clear BLP violations with page protections, blocks, or warnings even if they have edited the article themselves or are otherwise involved;
- Discretionary sanctions permit full and semi-page protections, including use of pending changes where warranted, and – once an editor has become aware of sanctions for the topic – any other appropriate remedy may be issued without further warning.
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:55, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
I apologise for not being very experienced on Wikipedia, but I wondered if I could appeal against the deletion of this page.
It was created in good faith and gives an insight into an important UK ski company, giving a history of an ongoing legal debate with French ski authorities. This search will demonstrate the degree of coverage: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=le%20ski%20esf%20court%20case
One of the points of creating it was to have an independent reference point in relation to this debate.
As far as I can see the creator was involved in unacceptable practices, but I hope that you will agree that the page he created has relevance to the general public and reinstate it.
Again, apologies for not being more Wikipedia-savvy. This guy was recommended by someone I don't know particularly well.
Hoping you will be able to help
- Please contact email@example.com for any help regarding this article. -- KTC (talk) 05:16, 27 November 2015 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
Possibly unfree File:Li Keqiang 2012 cropped.jpg
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Li Keqiang 2012 cropped.jpg, has been listed at Wikipedia:Possibly unfree files because its copyright status is unclear or disputed. If the file's copyright status cannot be verified, it may be deleted. You may find more information on the file description page. You are welcome to add comments to its entry at the discussion if you object to the listing for any reason. Thank you. Stefan2 (talk) 21:55, 3 December 2015 (UTC)