As per requested by editor, communication should be via email, thanks. I have protected this page.--MONGO 19:23, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- 1 You will be missed.
- 2 Somehow
- 3 Image:Loveamongtheruins.jpg listed for deletion
- 4 Now Commons
- 5 Orphaned non-free image (Image:Ommeganglogo.gif)
- 6 File source problem with File:Williemorris.jpg
- 7 Been all of this time
- 8 Orphaned non-free image File:Spacecampmovie.jpg
- 9 Suspension of admin privileges due to inactivity
- 10 File source problem with File:Peterllewelyndavies.jpg
- 11 Main page appearance: Katharine Hepburn
- 12 Notice of change
- 13 A Country Doctor
- 14 File:Txrangercallicot.jpg missing description details
- 15 Notification of automated file description generation
- 16 Hello
- 17 ArbCom elections are now open!
You will be missed.
I can't say that enough.--Sean Black 22:07, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Nor can I. You were one of the nicest Wikipedians I ever encountered. AnnH ♫ 22:09, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- HUH? What just happened? Kate don't quit, we need to hold on to the high quality Wikipedians. Dragons flight 22:21, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry to hear it. Jkelly 22:41, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
Please come back, trust me I got harrased and blackmailed by that idiot Brandt a few weeks ago but I'm more or less ignoring the situation, don't let Brandt get the best of you. Thanks Jaranda wat's sup 23:16, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
Katefan0, you are one of the very best contributors to the project: An earnest contributor, a rare thing, and a genuine asset. We can't afford to lose anymore like you.
Please reconsider. If you leave you let them win. Every hypocritical professional victim and his goon squad will see this as a victory. Stay and show them you can't be bullied. FeloniousMonk 23:29, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
/me waves. I'm sorry that this happened, and I hope you find a way to come back to Wikipedia. Best of luck in whatever you choose to do! FreplySpang 23:38, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
Unbelievable that this has happened. You are one of the best contributors we have, and I very much hope you will reconsider. It's terrible how much damage that one individual has done. SlimVirgin (talk) 23:47, 25 May 2006 (UTC)
- I do not understand why you would allow yourself to be intimidated by Daniel Brandt...
- I do not know weather or not if his "accusation" has any credibilty but assuming it does I do not see why it would pose a problem.
- --Cat out 00:30, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- I know I know. I'm violating the protection of a page. But hopefully kate won't mind. Kate is the kindest, most helpful person I've ever run into on Wikipedia. Without her, I wouldn't be here. It's as simple as that. Kate's kind words and encouragement helped me through many a bad day and night on here. Honestly, I'm not sure how long I'll last without her support. That's how important she's been to me on Wikipedia. But I understand her decision. I had my privacy violated this week, so I know how terrible it is, especially for Kate, who has always kept her privacy very guarded on here. Kate, you will be greatly missed. I can't put into words how much you mean to me. But as I said to you privately, I'm not going anywhere. You know how to reach me. I'll always be here for you. Hopefully, someday, you'll be able to return. I hope so. The site has lost its best admin, in my opinion. We'll all miss you. --Woohookitty(meow) 00:13, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
- I too have to edit this page to say that I am sorry to see you go and I wish Brandt could have approached this in a more civil manner. Ashibaka tock 15:59, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for your help Kate. All the best HeadleyDown 12:24, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks, everybody, for your kind words. I'm just going to say a few things here, and this will be my last edit, though of course, you can still use the "email this user" link if you want to say hi.
- Being part of Wikipedia has been a joy. You're all outstanding people. I've learned a ton and I'm a fuller, better person for it. Everyone who dedicates so much of themselves to this encyclopedia should be proud of their contributions, because I think Wikipedia's mission of free information is noble. It's not a perfect place -- it has its problems, some significant. I think the Wikitruth site, while veering into ad hominem too much, still makes some valid points. And setting up a "review" site is also not a bad idea on its face, though it too I think has a tendency to focus too much on personalities (ahem). I think minorly notable people, especially those who can't or don't understand how to work within the system, sometimes get rough treatment, which is unfortunate. I also worry that sometimes the "wiki-way" works to the detriment of quality standards. But on the whole, this has been a great experience. So I'm more than a little sad to be saying goodbye.
- Hey there, Cool Cat. To your question: Simple -- I have no interest in having my real life disrupted, even over spurious claims. Surely you can understand that. (And they are spurious, I've done nothing wrong here.) Today's events were the catalyst for my leaving, for sure. But this latest attempt to compromise my privacy, combined with a threat to try to somehow have my livelihood taken from me, caps off a long two months of reevaluating whether volunteering here is worth it. I have an elderly parent who depends on me, and I'm not willing to jeopardize our well-being. Not willing to entertain the possibility of even just an uncomfortable phone call or meeting, even over a baseless complaint. So, here I go.
- To everybody who's been a friend to me, I hope you won't be a stranger. Drop me an email any time. To Daniel Brandt, I'm not sure what I did to offend you, but I wish you'd at least tried to speak with me about whatever it is. So, I'm hanging up my hat, and I'm asking Daniel et al to please, sincerely, just leave me be. Thanks again to all. · Katefan0 (scribble)
- I don't know how to say this without sounding like a total fool.. I'm going to miss you. I'm sorry that this happened.. and I can't believe that it should happen to someone like you. This has made me sad... Linuxbeak (drop me a line) 19:15, 28 May 2006 (UTC)
- You will be missed, and the current going-ons as regards threats to administrators have to stop... Can't afford to lose that many great editors... —Nightstallion (?) 06:15, 30 May 2006 (UTC)
- What the...? You will definitely be sorely missed. - Best regards, Mailer Diablo 13:24, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
- I hope you'll be back. Best wishes until then William M. Connolley 20:34, 31 May 2006 (UTC)
Image:Loveamongtheruins.jpg listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, Image:Loveamongtheruins.jpg, has been listed at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. Nv8200p talk 16:43, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
File:Fist3.jpg, an image uploaded to Wikipedia from this account in November 2004, is now File:A-7E VA-25 landing CV-61.jpeg (Commons:File:A-7E VA-25 landing CV-61.jpeg. — Athaenara ✉ 19:24, 29 December 2008 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image (Image:Ommeganglogo.gif)
Thanks for uploading Image:Ommeganglogo.gif. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "Image" from the dropdown box. Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. Skier Dude (talk) 21:15, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
File source problem with File:Williemorris.jpg
If you have uploaded other files, consider verifying that you have specified sources for those files as well. You can find a list of files you have uploaded by following this link. Unsourced and untagged images may be deleted one week after they have been tagged per Wikipedia's criteria for speedy deletion, F4. If the image is copyrighted and non-free, the image will be deleted 48 hours after 15:33, 6 February 2010 (UTC) per speedy deletion criterion F7. If you have any questions or are in need of assistance please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. Calliopejen1 (talk) 15:33, 6 February 2010 (UTC)
Been all of this time
Orphaned non-free image File:Spacecampmovie.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Spacecampmovie.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of "file" pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "File" from the dropdown box. Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. Courcelles 03:33, 28 January 2011 (UTC)
Suspension of admin privileges due to inactivity
Following a community discussion in June 2011, consensus was reached to provisionally suspend the administrative privileges of users who have been inactive for one year, meaning administrators who have made neither any edits nor any logged actions in over one year. As a result of this discussion, your administrative privileges have been removed pending your return. If you wish to have these privileges reinstated, please post to the Wikipedia:Bureaucrats' noticeboard and the userright will be restored per the re-sysopping process (i.e., as long as the attending bureaucrats are reasonably satisfied that your account has not been compromised and that your inactivity did not have the effect of evading scrutiny of any actions which might have led to sanctions). This removal of access is procedural only, and not intended to reflect negatively upon you in any way. We wish you the best in future endeavors, and thank you for your past administrative efforts. RL0919 (talk) 21:46, 9 July 2011 (UTC)
File source problem with File:Peterllewelyndavies.jpg
If the necessary information is not added within the next days, the image will be deleted. If the file is already gone, you can still make a request for undeletion and ask for a chance to fix the problem.
Please refer to the image use policy to learn what images you can or cannot upload on Wikipedia. Please also check any other files you have uploaded to make sure they are correctly tagged. Here is a list of your uploads. If you have any questions or are in need of assistance please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you. Sfan00 IMG (talk) 12:24, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
Main page appearance: Katharine Hepburn
This is a note to let the main editors of Katharine Hepburn know that the article will be appearing as today's featured article on May 12, 2012. You can view the TFA blurb at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/May 12, 2012. If you prefer that the article appear as TFA on a different date, or not at all, please ask featured article director Raul654 (talk · contribs) or his delegate Dabomb87 (talk · contribs), or start a discussion at Wikipedia talk:Today's featured article/requests. If the previous blurb needs tweaking, you might change it—following the instructions at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/requests/instructions. If this article needs any attention or maintenance, it would be preferable if that could be done before its appearance on the Main Page. The blurb as it stands now is below:
Katharine Hepburn (1907–2003) was an American actress of film, stage, and television. Known for her headstrong independence and spirited personality, Hepburn's career as a Hollywood leading lady spanned more than 60 years. She won a record four Academy Awards, and in 1999 was named by the American Film Institute as Hollywood's top female legend. Hepburn began acting in college, and spent four years in the theatre before entering films in 1932. She became an instant star, but after a series of unsuccessful films was named "box office poison". The Philadelphia Story revived her career, and she subsequently formed a popular alliance with Spencer Tracy that lasted 25 years. In middle age Hepburn found a niche playing spinsters, such as in The African Queen, and became a Shakespearean stage actress. She continued to work into old age, making her final screen appearance in 1994 at the age of 87. Hepburn is remembered as an important cultural figure, as she came to epitomize the "modern woman" in 20th-century America and helped change perceptions of women. (more...)
Notice of change
Hello. You are receiving this message because of a recent change to the administrator policy that alters what you were told at the time of your desysopping. The effect of the change is that you will not longer be able to request restoration of the tools because of your prior inactivity. You have until December 30, 2012 to request restoration or else the policy will prevent you from doing so in the future; you would need to seek a new WP:RFA. Until December 30, you can file a request at WP:BN for review by the crats. Thank you. MBisanz talk 04:22, 3 December 2012 (UTC)
(delivered by mabdul 23:32, 3 December 2012 (UTC))
A Country Doctor
Why was it deleted? I saw that the delete log said "copyvio," but I want to know what was the copyright infringement. Is it possible that you or someone else could recreate this page without the copyvio?--184.108.40.206 (talk) 23:23, 31 May 2013 (UTC)
File:Txrangercallicot.jpg missing description details
is missing a description and/or other details on its image description page. If possible, please add this information. This will help other editors make better use of the image, and it will be more informative to readers.If you have any questions, please see Help:Image page. Thank you. Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 15:58, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
Notification of automated file description generation
Your upload of File:Bubblescat.jpg or contribution to its description is noted, and thanks (even if belatedly) for your contribution. In order to help make better use of the media, an attempt has been made by an automated process to identify and add certain information to the media's description page.
This notification is placed on your talk page because a bot has identified you either as the uploader of the file, or as a contributor to its metadata. It would be appreciated if you could carefully review the information the bot added. To opt out of these notifications, please follow the instructions here. Thanks! Message delivered by Theo's Little Bot (opt-out) 14:28, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 12:53, 23 November 2015 (UTC)