I just found the above template you made, and it looks great. Is it possible for you to make a Template:Round8-waiting, when there are only 16 teams in a tournament, like the European Football Championship and Asian Cup? - Nick C 21:13, 10 March 2006 (UTC)
Sorry, I don't come to wiki.en very often so I didn't read your message earlier. I put the template you want on my task list. Khardan 22:34, 19 March 2006 (UTC).
- Thanks - Nick C 14:56, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
You know that you're a lucky man, because this is 2 templates for the price of one for you:
- Template:Round8-waiting to use when the last 8 are not already known (for the next european championship for example)
- Template:Round8 for the final schedule with the complete results.
(see examples quickly done on the talks of these templates). The one you must use for old championships is the second one. Khardan 22:00, 20 March 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks! Hope I didn't waste much of your time. Is it also possible for you to add a Third Place playyoff box to the templates, as out of the 6 major tournaments that have at least 12-16 participants, 4 have a third place playoff, and with the European Championship and OFC Nations Cup, I can leave the box blank. - Nick C 17:59, 26 March 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for your time in making these templates! - Nick C 17:40, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
- Khardan, you did an awesome job with the template and I believe it should stay on the page! However, there's been an edit war with regards to what the boxes to the left of the grid should be used (for which I happen to share your view on). In the meantime, it's settled on the Round16 template temporarily until things are sorted out. As the original creator of the template, you are more than welcome to take part in the discussion about them here or here. Thanks! --Palffy 00:53, 16 June 2006 (UTC)
Round8-waiting with play-offs
I found your Round8-waiting, it looks great. But i cannot use that on the badminton (2006 Thomas & Uber Cup). That tournament had a special round call play-offs before some teams can reached to quarter-finals. Can you make it possible??? I hope you can. Thank you. Aleenf1 11:37, 3 May 2006 (UTC)
- I waiting your template. But if you can't do OR don't want to do, please reply. Anyway, i appreciate you read this message, feel free to you your own works rather to develop new template. Aleenf1 05:47, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
- I spend most of my time on french wikipedia. So this is for you: Template:Round16-with play-offs
|Wild-Card Finals||Divisional Finals||Championship Finals||Super Final|
|May 3, 2006|
|May 1, 2006|
|South Africa||0 (0)||May 5, 2006|
|England||3 (6)||China||3 (6)|
|Japan||3 (6)||May 7, 2006|
|United States||0 (0)||China||3 (6)|
|New Zealand||0 (1)||Denmark||3 (2)|
|South Korea||3 (6)|
|South Korea||2 (3)|
Khardan 20:44, 29 May 2006 (UTC).
As you may know, in the UEFA Champions League finals proper, the format is identical to the FIFA World Cup, with the expection that there is no third place playoff. Can you please create Template:UEFA 16, with the template having no third place playoff box?--M W Johnson 08:05, 3 July 2006 (UTC)
I did it, but it won't be quite efficient with 2 or more scores in each cell. Khardan 21:04, 3 July 2006 (UTC).
hi khardan, just to respond to your question on commons, I only coloured territories which had their own team, as there are other territories such as Cayman Islands (british) and aruba (dutch) which have their own olympic team. The list of participating countries for 76 and 80 is linked to at the bottom of the map. there is a list of boycotting countries for 76 here. a complete list of 80 boycotts I was unable to find, but there is a partial list here. --Astrokey44 16:24, 16 July 2006 (UTC)
- it would also be false if it looked like it was a territory which had its own team, such as Puerto Rico does. I see what you mean, but its just that if you start including overseas territories which dont have their own team, then you would have to put in all the European powers' African and asian colonies in the early 20th century, like French West Africa. A note in the map description might be the best option --Astrokey44 04:54, 17 July 2006 (UTC)
round of 8 templates
hi, i saw the templates in your mainspace, and since i'm having some problems with an article i'm working on, i think you're the right person to ask. can you check this article? Boxing at the 2006 Asian Games the round of 8 section has some boxes oversized for the following entries:
- Light Flyweight SYR
- Bantamweight UZB
- Middleweight TKM
- Heavyweight KOR.
it doesn't look good to me. i checked the markups and it seems that there are no overlaps. if it's not too much to ask, can you help me fix it? merci beaucoup! --RebSkii 21:41, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Template:Round8-waiting has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. MicroX (talk) 04:08, 11 May 2011 (UTC)
Template:Round8-with third-waiting has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. MicroX (talk) 04:09, 11 May 2011 (UTC)