|Hello Kikoso ! Welcome to the English version of Wikipedia|
|Thanks you for your participation in this project. We hope that you will stay to contribute and that you will find the collaboration enjoyable.|
|Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that started in 2001 and is free for all to use and edit under certain guidelines and principles that all users must try and adhere to.
These principles and guidelines are listed below. Click on the link next to the images for more information.
|The five pillars of Wikipedia.
The fundamental principles of the project.
How to get help.
This tutorial is a basic guide to editing.
|Your user pages and your sandbox.
How to experiment and edit in your user space.
Request help in your first steps of editing.
|How to start a page.
Help on creating your first article.
|Things to avoid.
How to avoid common errors and mistakes.
How to write in an acceptable style.
|Main policies of Wikipedia.
Wikipedia's main policies and guidelines.
|Frequently asked questions.
Some common questions and their answers.
Here you can ask other editors for assistance
A handy quick reference guide for editing Wiki.
This is your Talk page where you can recieve messages from other Wikipedians and discuss things with them. At the end of your messages you must put your signature by signing with four~~~~ or by pressing the button in the editor shown here in the picture. Do not sign in the articles themselves as those messages will be deleted. Chaosdruid (talk) 23:54, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
I will review it in a couple of days if no one else has.
Do you have any particluar field of expertise/interest in Robotics ?
Anyhoo - welcome to the project and the en wiki ! I hope to see you around more :¬)
- Apologies for the delay - I caught flu which turned into a chest infection that ledt me unable to sit up for a week after tearing a musclefrom coughing.
- I have had a quick look at the article and have some basic concerns that need to be addressed rather than do a review and then re-review.
- First of all there are several prioblems with the format which I will deal with immediately
- Refs in the wrong place . instead of . for example
- Lead includes part of the body which I will move but will mean a rewrite of the lead
- I will give it a quick copyedit scan
- The next problem is refs and terminology. For example the opening paras mention "Pednault" but with no explanation of what or who that is - I would at least expect to see "a specialist in the field of Data abstraction and modelling who has been an "IBM Research Staff Member in the Data Abstraction Research Group since 1996".
- There are almost one ref per paragraph, the expected minimum for good copy, but in such a technical article I would expect to see more refs. Especially noted are the complete lack of refs in two sections:-
- "Syntax of ADL" = 0
- "Semantics of ADL" = 0
- "Comparison between STRIPS and ADL" = 2
- I have started the copy edit and will be finished in 20 mins or so. Once completed I suggest refs should be put in and then I will formally review it :¬)
- Chaosdruid (talk) 17:02, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- OK - all done for now - copy edit took a little longer than I thought it would ...
- Just need you to look over the article and if you can find some more refs that would be great :¬) Chaosdruid (talk) 17:55, 1 November 2010 (UTC)
- "Edwin Pednault". Staff members. IBM Research. Retrieved 1 November 2010.