|Please do start a new topic, but remember to:
- 1 Misuse of warnings
- 2 re: "Analysis of results"
- 3 Arun Budhathoki
- 4 A barnstar for you!
- 5 User:SDPatrolBot - minor issue
- 6 Thanks for SDPatrolBot
- 7 WikiAlerter Talkback
- 8 KingpinBot doesn't archive "Requests for permissions" requests
- 9 Request for attention
- 10 Thanks
- 11 Need assistance with citation on a page
- 12 Talkback
- 13 Talkback
- 14 New REFBot
- 15 ???
- 16 A barnstar for you!
- 17 A barnstar for you!
- 18 Request for WikiAlerter Permissions
- 19 Request to use WikiAlerter
- 20 Glitch in archiving permission requests
- 21 Request to use WikiAlerter
- 22 ListManBot
- 23 KingpinBot
- 24 Ian Thomas Morrow
- 25 SDPatrolBot
- 26 WP:PERM archiving
- 27 Huggle message
- 28 WikiAlerter Comment
- 29 Request to use WikiAlerter
- 30 KingpinBot not working?
- 31 Warning I Received
- 32 You've got mail!
- 33 PERM archiving source code
- 34 KingpinBot
- 35 Invitation to subscribe to the edit filter mailing list
- 36 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 37 MfD nomination of Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Nosubjectline
- 38 You've got mail!
- 39 Request to use WikiAlerter
- 40 BAG News
Misuse of warnings
re: "Analysis of results"
Oliver gave a good answer, but as an FYI, the research documentation for the VisualEditor test is public and has a pretty clear list of the research questions plus metrics. I think that might answer your question. Steven Walling (WMF) • talk 19:07, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
It seems that your bot SDPatrolBot has asked for speedy deletion of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arun_Budhathoki. I kindly request to avert the decision as it's about an emerging Nepali poet from Nepal and all the sources are genuine. Please help instead to improve it. Thank you very much
A barnstar for you!
|The Technical Barnstar|
|For making User:SDPatrolBot, back online after a bit of a hiatus. Excellent bot, saves a lot of work. Also, SDPatrolBot's talk page is very surreal... Howicus (talk) 01:11, 29 June 2013 (UTC)|
- Thanks Howicus. Hopefully should be able to keep the bot running slightly more consistently now. Haha, yes I should probably archive those year old messages - Kingpin13 (talk) 00:07, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
User:SDPatrolBot - minor issue
Hi, I closed the deletion discussion for Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester as a delete with the creation of a redirect (due to legal issues with the Duke's title, we're discussing whether the redirect is appropriate). I created Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester with a soft redirect as part of my closure of the deletion discussion and all was well, until it was improperly tagged by a relatively new editor. I tried to remove the CSD tag as the page is a result of a deletion discussion and speedy deletion is inappropriate, but was reverted by your bot and warned, this happened again (I assumed the bot wouldn't revert me a second time, but it did). I considered disabling the bot at this point, as it was interfering with part of the closure of an AfD, but decided against it, instead choosing to protect the page in order to prevent SDPatrolBot from making an edit. I realise this is a most unusual set of circumstances, but I thought I would raise it here for a couple of reasons, mainly to let you know in case there are errors that leave you a little confused, and also to see if there are ways to avoid adding back CSD templates on redirects created as a result of an AfD. Apologies if all of that is gibberish, it's late and I'm tired, just ask if you need to know more. Cheers, Nick (talk) 23:12, 29 June 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Nick. Generally in this kind of case my advice is simply to sit tight and wait for someone else to remove the tag, and not worry too much about it in the meantime. However, this particular scenario is actually quite common, so the bot does have a check to restrict it from replacing CSD templates removed by the creator of the page, if the page was created as the result of a page move (leaving a redirect behind). In this case, I see that you actually originally deleted the page without leaving a redirect, and then manually placed a soft redirect on the article. I assume that was in order to use a soft redirect instead of a normal one (although I'm not quite sure why you opted for that?) but in the future leaving a redirect behind during the deletion process would prevent this issue. - Kingpin13 (talk) 00:07, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
- The page had a bit of an unusual history, there's a question hanging over whether we should call Alexander the 13th Duke and during the AfD, the page was moved by someone else from Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester to Alexander Montagu, which was the page with all the history that I deleted, the redirect was moved to 13th Duke of Manchester as that has the history stemming from the page move and at one point I considered that the more likely page to survive. The current soft redirect at Alexander Montagu, 13th Duke of Manchester is intended to be a temporary measure whilst a decision is made and if necessary, templates and succession boxes are updated. Yes, I'm slightly regretting closing the AfD. Nick (talk) 08:58, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for SDPatrolBot
Hey.. I today only found about SDPatrolBot while doing some NPP. It's excellent and saves effort to keep track of users removing CSD tag from articles created by themselves. Thanks for bring it online again.--Vigyanitalkਯੋਗਦਾਨ 09:19, 3 July 2013 (UTC)
KingpinBot doesn't archive "Requests for permissions" requests
- Thanks for the heads up. I was on holiday though, so the bot has been running now since I got back. Cheers, - Kingpin13 (talk) 09:23, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
Request for attention
You're listed as an active member of the Bot Approvals Group. I would like to draw your attention to the outstanding WP:BRFA requests (including requests that are specificly flagging as need BAG attention). Please take a few minutes out of your busy schedule and take a look at the open requests. Thank you Hasteur (talk) 18:12, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
- Hi Kingpin13! Once again, there are quite a few Requests for bot approval that are awaiting BAG assistance. Would you be willing to look at some of these? Thanks in advance! GoingBatty (talk) 23:15, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
Need assistance with citation on a page
First, I still owe you a response on Dr. Allan Schore's work - please give me more time as I am trying to get past a term of grad school.
My reason for writing this is because I have run into a snag with proper citation syntax. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prontosil I added information regarding the usage of Prontosil in the United States and had two references. The link seemed to work fine but the book did not. The book's APA Style cite is: Chandler, C.A. (1950). Famous Men of Medicine. New York: Dodd, Mead & Co.
I'm not exactly sure how to "embed" the source. I needed more time to read through the help pages but its 3am here and I need to go.
Could you please double-check this page for me and let me know it is all right. I'll then go back and see what you did for my reference. I kept looking for an add 'reference footnote' link or something to that affect. I am spoiled with EndNote, I guess.
Hi. If you write any code towards such a bot, please reply there. :) If you need someone to host and run any .NET bot that you write, just ask there: I suspect that someone will volunteer. —Unforgettableid (talk) 04:43, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
Re adding Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Template editor the bot's list of permission request pages to archive. Callanecc (talk • contribs • logs) 22:10, 17 October 2013 (UTC)
- ^Seconded :) I came to request the same thing. We've got a new permission page at WP:PERM for template editor. Thanks in advance Kingpin13. equazcion → 20:26, 18 Oct 2013 (UTC)
- Just saw the first archiving -- Thanks :) equazcion → 01:35, 19 Oct 2013 (UTC)
There is a suggestion on Wikipedia:Bot requests#New REFBot for a new REFBot working as DPL bot and BracketBot do. I beg politely for consideration. Please leave a comment if you wish. Maybe you could work on it like you did it with other projects? That would be fine. Thanks a lot in anticipation. -- Frze (talk · contribs) 10:27, 22 October 2013 (UTC)
I have received a message and a threat from this user (bot?) for alleged vandalism dating back to 2009. The vandalism is on pages I haven't even read, let alone edited. I certainly wasn't on this IP back then. Kindly fix your defective bot. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 08:07, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Brilliant Idea Barnstar|
|This is a awesome article... My sincere Congratulations! Blogger 20 (talk) 19:23, 3 February 2014 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!
|The Resilient Barnstar|
|Thank you for being such a heavy worker! Blogger 20 (talk) 19:25, 3 February 2014 (UTC)|
Request for WikiAlerter Permissions
Request to use WikiAlerter
Glitch in archiving permission requests
Please see WP:PERM/RV. User:Armbrust has noted that KingpinBot removed some requests but didn't put them in the archive. The above bot action was on 26 September. The last day on which KingpinBot put anything in the archives is 19 September. Thanks, EdJohnston (talk) 15:13, 26 September 2014 (UTC)
Request to use WikiAlerter
- Hi Callanecc, thanks for the prod. I think the bot is still running, there's just nothing to fix on the page (it is still alphabetical). - Kingpin13 (talk) 17:39, 4 November 2014 (UTC)
This bot stopped running on 2 November. Any updates as to why or when it will or if it will be fixed? Manually archiving at WP:PERM is going to suck. Thanks — MusikAnimal talk 16:46, 13 November 2014 (UTC)
- Hi, the bot is still going strong, just slightly less regularly (especially over the week). I might post the source code at some point if things get too bad, but for the time being I'm still managing to run it (I think) sufficiently. - Kingpin13 (talk) 19:36, 20 November 2014 (UTC)
Ian Thomas Morrow
Hi, Re. 19:22, 20 February 2010 Kingpin13 (talk | contribs) deleted page Sir Ian Morrow (G3: Vandalism). I was going to create this page and found your details. I find it odd that any page about this individual would have been deleted. I would appreciate receiving further info and perhaps a copy of the page as it existed prior to deletion. Thanks Graemp (talk) 13:05, 18 November 2014 (UTC)
Noyster asked on the bot requests board about SDPatrolBot and whether it, or something like it, could be revived. If you can't or don't want to take on the job yourself I'll happily do so, but it's only right that I ask you first! – Reticulated Spline (t • c) 12:05, 2 December 2014 (UTC)
Hey Kingpin13! You are receiving this message because you are subscribed at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Huggle/Members#Beta_testers
I have recently launched a new downloads for beta testers that contains nightly builds of huggle, eg. versions that are built every day from our master branch and contains latest huggle. These builds are currently provided only for Windows and Ubuntu. You can find them here: http://huggle.wmflabs.org/builds/
Please keep in mind that these don't have any automatic updates and if you download and start using nightly build, you will need to update it yourself! So don't get yourself to running old version, it's possible to install both stable and nightly huggle, which is what I suggest.
Keep the bug reports coming to phabricator: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/create/?projects=Huggle Many thanks! Petrb (talk) 09:52, 28 January 2015 (UTC)
Hello Kingpin13, I work on WP:NPP very often and also use STiki for vandalism. Request approval for WikiAlerter as it will help me in monitoring WP:NPP and will also increase the speed. Kindly consider. Thanks Arun Kumar SINGH (Talk) 10:59, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
Request to use WikiAlerter
Hello Kingpin13, I patrol the new pages and the recent changes. The wikiAlerter can help me doing my job quickly and covering more articles. Please grant me permission to use it. Thanks. --- 14:29, 23 February 2015 (UTC)
Hey i want to offer my help support and contribution with monitoring and moderating Wikipedia , and i believe Wikialerter Can help me do it better and more efficiently , thank you --NikeThyrsus (talk) 15:00, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
KingpinBot not working?
Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval/KingpinBot 3 indicates that you got a bot that clears blocked users from [[ Category:Wikipedia usernames with possible policy issues]] and perhaps some similar categories, but these categories are chock full of indefinitely blocked users. Could you get this bot working again, please? Further discussion at Wikipedia:Bot requests#Category:Wikipedia usernames with possible policy issues and Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Archive269#Category:Wikipedia usernames with possible policy issues Oiyarbepsy (talk) 14:43, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Warning I Received
I recently received a warning for supposedly writing profanity on the page of Brian Eno. I had never heard of Brian Eno before, and certainly never edited the page about him. I'm not sure how you detect profanity and issue your warnings, but it is apparently flawed. I don't much appreciate receiving warnings for things I haven't done, and I am sure that most other people wouldn't either, so please amend your methods to prevent this happening in the future. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 14:39, 26 April 2015 (UTC)
You've got mail!
PERM archiving source code
Taking you up on the offer to port your code to Ruby, if you're still okay with it! Please send via Special:EmailUser/MusikAnimal or however you prefer. I have my own ideas for development approach but want to be consistent with yours as it's rock solid and is rarely if ever glitchy :) Many thanks — MusikAnimal talk 02:03, 3 June 2015 (UTC)
Hi Kingpin, I see the KingpinBot hasn't archived Wikipedia talk:AutoWikiBrowser/CheckPage for quite a while. I've tried to make sure they're all consistent - but it's giving an error... any chance you could look at it? WormTT(talk) 08:55, 2 July 2015 (UTC)
- @Worm That Turned: It's complaining about the comment in the "Bots" section, which I added as I observed a user add a request incorrectly. The "Users" section has this same comment, but I guess the bot checks only for that and thinks the "Bots" comment is an actual request. Anyway, it shouldn't stop it from archiving, I believe the bot is simply not running at the moment. As Kingpin knows I've been working on MusikBot to take over archiving, and it's ready to go but awaiting trial. Not sure how long before a trial will be approved, so if Kingpin you do get this message please give your bot a go! Many thanks — MusikAnimal talk 20:36, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
Invitation to subscribe to the edit filter mailing list
Hi, as a user in the edit filter manager user group we wanted to let you know about the new wikipedia-en-editfilters mailing list. As part of our recent efforts to improve the use of edit filters on the English Wikipedia it has been established as a venue for internal discussion by edit filter managers regarding private filters (those only viewable by administrators and edit filter managers) and also as a means by which non-admins can ask questions about hidden filters that wouldn't be appropriate to discuss on-wiki. As an edit filter manager we encourage you to subscribe; the more users we have in the mailing list the more useful it will be to the community. If you subscribe we will send a short email to you through Wikipedia to confirm your subscription, but let us know if you'd prefer another method of verification. I'd also like to take the opportunity to invite you to contribute to the proposed guideline for edit filter use at WP:Edit filter/Draft and the associated talk page. Thank you! Sam Walton (talk) and MusikAnimal talk 18:22, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:56, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
MfD nomination of Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Nosubjectline
Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Nosubjectline, a page which you created or substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; you may participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Nosubjectline and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of Wikipedia:Requests for permissions/Nosubjectline during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. Elvey(t•c) 04:07, 1 June 2016 (UTC)
You've got mail!
Request to use WikiAlerter
|BAG News August 2016|
Greetings Bot Approvals Group member!
(You can unsubscribe from future BAG Spam by removing your name from this list.)