|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
- 1 Edit Summary
- 2 Languages in Mauritius
- 3 Thanks for your politeness!
- 4 Excessive deletion of text
- 5 Page : Riviere Du Poste
- 6 Avi Gopee
- 7 Sentences needs reformatting
- 8 Disambiguation link notification for November 21
- 9 Paragraphs make easier reading
- 10 Category:Mauritius Wikipedia administration
- 11 Removal of Bhojpuri
- 12 Language use in Mauritius
- 13 Disambiguation link notification for November 4
- 14 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 15 Laguages spoken in Mauritius
- 16 Contests
- 17 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 18 Creation of a new page - AVI (Avi Gopee)
- 19 Nomination for deletion of Template:Holidays of Mauritius
- 20 Nomination for deletion of Template:Holidays of Mauritius
- 21 Women in Red World Contest
- 22 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. I noticed your recent edit to International rankings of Mauritius does not have an edit summary. Please provide one before saving your changes to an article, as the summaries are quite helpful to people browsing an article's history.
The edit summary appears in:
- User contributions
- Recent changes
- Revision differences
- IRC channels
- Related changes
- New pages list and
- Article editing history
Languages in Mauritius
Dear Kingroyos, I mentioned that "English is losing ground (in Mauritius), and few Mauritians have a good command of the language". Is that not true? Kind regards. JLindsayD (talk) 11:16, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- It can be true or not, its purely a personal opinion, however if it can be proven from any reliable sources, like Statistics Mauritius for example, then there is no problem. Thanks.Kingroyos (talk) 08:39, 24 August 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for your politeness!
Excessive deletion of text
You keep deleting huge chunks of text whilst leaving others. Why is the deletion selective? For example, you have deleted the contributions made by two French governors but have left untouched the "Anjaly Coopen" incident! I have also noticed that some sentences have no meaning like : "Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre visited the island and wrote Paul et Virginie, a successful novel situated on the island". A novel cannot be "situated on the island" ! Please explain why portions of text relating to some episodes of our history (which Mauritians are entitled to know) have been deleted.
- JLindsayD It is very important to check whether the content which has been put can easily be verified specially for the history section where a lot can be said but may not necessarily be true. Unless it is a well known fact. I deleted the contributions about French governors because there is no reliable references which says so, i'm not saying its not true, but it should be easily verifiable online or one day or another it will be remove when the article will be accessed to become a Good article. Since a reliable source has been given about Angaley Coopen, why should i remove it. And the sentence about Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre was not added nor remove by me, so i can't answer it. Please don't think that i want to be bad with you or want to censored what you added, you are always welcome to make more contributions like this. Cheers. Kingroyos (talk) 15:00, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
- What I wrote about the French governors... etc can be verified from any History Text book about Mauritius. I got my information from "History of Mauritius" by Barnwell & Toussaint. The same information can also be verified from "Port-Louis, Deux Siecles d'histoire," by Auguste Toussaint. All the best.JLindsayD (talk) 16:44, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
Page : Riviere Du Poste
Kingroyos, if you can help me for the Page Rivière Du Poste Rjay Rishi (talk) 15:27, 4 September 2014 (UTC) there is also the duplication of the page Riviere du Poste — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rjay Rishi (talk • contribs) 15:33, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello Kingroyos, hope you are fine. Please, the page is valid to stay on wikipedia as i have some trouble to edit the page and understand wikipedia. That's why, there are lacking in the article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Avioffiradio (talk • contribs) 21:44, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
Sentences needs reformatting
"Mauritius was known as the Star and Key of the Indian Ocean, the island's strategic position constituted an important base on the trade routes from Europe to the East before the opening of the Suez Canal and was involved in the power struggle between the French and the British."
(1) This sentence is too long and should be split. (2) A "strategic position" cannot be involved in a "power struggle". It was the island that was involved, not its position.
- Of course the island itself was involved in a "power struggle" not the position, i don't know how you interpret this sentence but it is clear, the island's .......... and was involved in the power struggle between the French and the British. also the island's strategic position indeed constituted an important factor for the struggle between them and need to be mention. Anyway i have now change it to avoid any misunderstanding.Kingroyos (talk) 05:10, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited List of political parties in Mauritius, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Union Nationale. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Paragraphs make easier reading
Hi. I've noticed that you've suppressed a lot of paragraphs. Now, we have large chunks of text under the History section (for Mauritius). I think that paragraphs make easier reading and that we should revert back to their use - as in the older version.
- Hi, friend. Paragraphs make reading so much easier. Don't you think?
Category:Mauritius Wikipedia administration
Category:Mauritius Wikipedia administration, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. DexDor (talk) 20:38, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
Removal of Bhojpuri
Hey, So I have responded to your section on the Mauritius talk page. I apologize for simply removing the language without checking why it was added first. Since Mauritius is not a protected page I sort of automatically assumed you were vandalizing it. So once again sorry about that and please respond to what I wrote on the talk page — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shteeluck (talk • contribs) 11:14, 13 March 2015 (UTC)
Language use in Mauritius
While editing the "Languages section", I made it clear that though I don't have the necessary references at hand, the edits were based on good faith, locally known information and I didn't mind them being removed if sourced diverging information were provided,
As a Mauritian, you do know that the, albeit unreferenced, edits are factually right, don't you?
- Hi Manish, i removed the Bihar being the state of origin of more than half of Mauritians because we cannot just assume what we heard is true, also things have evolve over the years and this may be outdated, unless a reliable ref is given.
- Same for the Unlike neighbouring Reunion Island, Mauritius is noted for its successful preservation of ancestral languages with nearly all Asian Mauritians fluent in one, comparing the two country to such an extent without giving refs is not good. Also classifying Mauritians as Bihari Hindus or Indo-Mauritian Muslims as the only one who lerarn asian languages is not true, thats why i remove this one also. Anyway hope you understand :). Thanks Kingroyos (talk) 05:23, 17 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Mauritius, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Chinese. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:25, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Laguages spoken in Mauritius
Let us settle this once and for all, because it's getting pretty ridiculous
1st Arabic is not an ancestral language of Mauritians It is a language used in Islamic liturgy but that's the case across the world, do we need to add Arabic as a vernacular language of France because there's 9% Muslims there? It is not widely taught and mastered, its admission in the language list is superfluous or worse a blattant lie
2nd The constitution does not provide for a National Language but by convention English is our national language, by not stating it, we aren't providing valuable information to non Mauritians
3rd As far as mother tongues are concerned
Mauritian Creole and Bhojpuri to a much lesser degree are the only ones to currently qualify as such But by putting percentages, we are giving the impression that mauritians either speak one or the other and not both as it actually is the case
4th The other languages spoken in Mauritius are in decreasing order Hindi, Urdu, Tamil, Mandarin, Telegu and Marathi We can derive these figures from the Mauritius Examinations Board that keeps record of the number of pupils sitting for the different language exams at CPE level
- I'm really sorry for the late reply dude
- Firstly, as for the other languages, Arabic is indeed use in Mauritius, thought i don't know to which extend, there is even an Arabic Speaking Union governed by a law voted by the National Assembly (see ). So i could not exclude Arabic from the list.
- It is a fact that the Constitution does not mention any official language nor does any law, it only mention that in parliament English is official and French can be used.
- I agree with you on this point as we all know that some Mauritian use both as mother tongue, i decided to put the percentage because Bhojpuri were regularly remove by some users from the list, stating that it is not the case. That why i decided to put the percentage of Mauritian mother tongue according to the 2011 census.
- I guess maybe it is the case, but taking figures from the Mauritius Examinations Board that keeps record of the number of pupils sitting for the different language exams at CPE level is definitely not the exact source for reference about langues spoken in a country. For example you could look for this in the 2011 Census. However i can't figure out why you are asking me about this:P
- Thanks. --Kingroyos (talk) 17:06, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
User:Dr. Blofeld has created Wikipedia:WikiProject Africa/Contests. The idea is to run a series of contests/editathons focusing on each region of Africa. He has spoken to Wikimedia about it and $1000-1500 is possible for prize money. As someone who has previously expressed interest in African topics, would you be interested in contributing to one or assisting draw up core article/missing article lists? He says he's thinking of North Africa for an inaugural one in October. If interested please sign up in the participants section of the Contest page, thanks.♦ --Ser Amantio di NicolaoChe dicono a Signa?Lo dicono a Signa. 01:29, 21 July 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Creation of a new page - AVI (Avi Gopee)
Hello, I want to know if you can create a new wikipedia article for AVI (Avi Gopee), radio presenter in Mauritius.
Below are the sources:
http://www.maurice-info.mu/avi-gopee-passe-chez-radio-plus.html http://www.lemauricien.com/article/avi-l-animateur-change-frequence https://www.lexpress.mu/article/301739/video-tournoi-medias-footfive-bagatelle-mauricien-enleve-titre-lexpress https://www.lexpress.mu/article/251353/lice-bucket-challenge-gagne-cotes-mauriciennes
www.avigopee.com www.facebook.com/AviGopeeOfficial (verified page)
- Hello dude,
- I am really sorry, i am too busy now and have not been contributing to wikipedia for some time now. Please don't hesitate to start any article but make sure you respect the guidelines provided by wikipedia (Wikipedia:Your first_article) or it will be deleted by other users. Thank you.(Kingroyos (talk) 10:53, 14 March 2017 (UTC))
Nomination for deletion of Template:Holidays of Mauritius
Template:Holidays of Mauritius has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 04:55, 22 June 2017 (UTC)
Nomination for deletion of Template:Holidays of Mauritius
Template:Holidays of Mauritius has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 04:28, 29 September 2017 (UTC)
Hi. We're into the last five days of the Women in Red World Contest. There's a new bonus prize of $200 worth of books of your choice to win for creating the most new women biographies between 0:00 on the 26th and 23:59 on 30th November. If you've been contributing to the contest, thank you for your support, we've produced over 2000 articles. If you haven't contributed yet, we would appreciate you taking the time to add entries to our articles achievements list by the end of the month. Thank you, and if participating, good luck with the finale!