|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
- 1 Edit Summary
- 2 Languages in Mauritius
- 3 Thanks for your politeness!
- 4 Excessive deletion of text
- 5 Page : Riviere Du Poste
- 6 Avi Gopee
- 7 Sentences needs reformatting
- 8 Disambiguation link notification for November 21
- 9 Paragraphs make easier reading
- 10 Category:Mauritius Wikipedia administration
- 11 Removal of Bhojpuri
Thank you for your contributions to Wikipedia. I noticed your recent edit to International rankings of Mauritius does not have an edit summary. Please provide one before saving your changes to an article, as the summaries are quite helpful to people browsing an article's history.
The edit summary appears in:
- User contributions
- Recent changes
- Revision differences
- IRC channels
- Related changes
- New pages list and
- Article editing history
Languages in Mauritius
Dear Kingroyos, I mentioned that "English is losing ground (in Mauritius), and few Mauritians have a good command of the language". Is that not true? Kind regards. JLindsayD (talk) 11:16, 22 August 2014 (UTC)
- It can be true or not, its purely a personal opinion, however if it can be proven from any reliable sources, like Statistics Mauritius for example, then there is no problem. Thanks.Kingroyos (talk) 08:39, 24 August 2014 (UTC)
Thanks for your politeness!
Excessive deletion of text
You keep deleting huge chunks of text whilst leaving others. Why is the deletion selective? For example, you have deleted the contributions made by two French governors but have left untouched the "Anjaly Coopen" incident! I have also noticed that some sentences have no meaning like : "Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre visited the island and wrote Paul et Virginie, a successful novel situated on the island". A novel cannot be "situated on the island" ! Please explain why portions of text relating to some episodes of our history (which Mauritians are entitled to know) have been deleted.
- JLindsayD It is very important to check whether the content which has been put can easily be verified specially for the history section where a lot can be said but may not necessarily be true. Unless it is a well known fact. I deleted the contributions about French governors because there is no reliable references which says so, i'm not saying its not true, but it should be easily verifiable online or one day or another it will be remove when the article will be accessed to become a Good article. Since a reliable source has been given about Angaley Coopen, why should i remove it. And the sentence about Jacques-Henri Bernardin de Saint-Pierre was not added nor remove by me, so i can't answer it. Please don't think that i want to be bad with you or want to censored what you added, you are always welcome to make more contributions like this. Cheers. Kingroyos (talk) 15:00, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
- What I wrote about the French governors... etc can be verified from any History Text book about Mauritius. I got my information from "History of Mauritius" by Barnwell & Toussaint. The same information can also be verified from "Port-Louis, Deux Siecles d'histoire," by Auguste Toussaint. All the best.JLindsayD (talk) 16:44, 2 September 2014 (UTC)
Page : Riviere Du Poste
Kingroyos, if you can help me for the Page Rivière Du Poste Rjay Rishi (talk) 15:27, 4 September 2014 (UTC) there is also the duplication of the page Riviere du Poste — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rjay Rishi (talk • contribs) 15:33, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
Hello Kingroyos, hope you are fine. Please, the page is valid to stay on wikipedia as i have some trouble to edit the page and understand wikipedia. That's why, there are lacking in the article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Avioffiradio (talk • contribs) 21:44, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
Sentences needs reformatting
"Mauritius was known as the Star and Key of the Indian Ocean, the island's strategic position constituted an important base on the trade routes from Europe to the East before the opening of the Suez Canal and was involved in the power struggle between the French and the British."
(1) This sentence is too long and should be split. (2) A "strategic position" cannot be involved in a "power struggle". It was the island that was involved, not its position.
- Of course the island itself was involved in a "power struggle" not the position, i don't know how you interpret this sentence but it is clear, the island's .......... and was involved in the power struggle between the French and the British. also the island's strategic position indeed constituted an important factor for the struggle between them and need to be mention. Anyway i have now change it to avoid any misunderstanding.Kingroyos (talk) 05:10, 16 October 2014 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited List of political parties in Mauritius, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Union Nationale. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Paragraphs make easier reading
Hi. I've noticed that you've suppressed a lot of paragraphs. Now, we have large chunks of text under the History section (for Mauritius). I think that paragraphs make easier reading and that we should revert back to their use - as in the older version.
- Hi, friend. Paragraphs make reading so much easier. Don't you think?
Category:Mauritius Wikipedia administration
Category:Mauritius Wikipedia administration, which you created, has been nominated for possible deletion, merging, or renaming. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. DexDor (talk) 20:38, 8 January 2015 (UTC)
Removal of Bhojpuri
Hey, So I have responded to your section on the Mauritius talk page. I apologize for simply removing the language without checking why it was added first. Since Mauritius is not a protected page I sort of automatically assumed you were vandalizing it. So once again sorry about that and please respond to what I wrote on the talk page — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shteeluck (talk • contribs) 11:14, 13 March 2015 (UTC)