- 1 Please use edit summaries
- 2 A cry for help?
- 3 Please use English
- 4 Write something on Page
- 5 Administrator
- 6 Requests for adminship/Kubura
- 7 GOOD CRO STUFF
- 8 Nickname
- 9 Re:Central South Slavic diasystem
- 10 reply re Rebpulica Ragusina
- 11 "Yugoslav First League"
- 12 Yuga and "userpage looking"
- 13 Re:Note
- 14 An accusation
- 15 Pomozi
- 16 Talk:Republic of Dubrovnik
- 17 History of Croatia categories
- 18 Carefully
- 19 Continuation...
- 20 Still there
- 21 Found one occasion
- 22 Molise
- 23 Reply
- 24 If you have time
Please use edit summaries
- Edit summary usage for Kubura: 31% for major edits and 95% for minor edits. Based on the last 150 major and 124 minor edits in the article namespace.
Using edit summaries helps other editors quickly understand your edits, which is especially useful when you make changes to articles that are on others' watchlists. Thanks and happy editing! --Kralizec! (talk) 18:15, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
A cry for help?
Please use English
I noticed that you have posted comments on an article or user discussion page in a language other than English. When on the English-language Wikipedia, please always use English, no matter to whom you are addressing your comments. This is because comments should be comprehensible to the community at large. If the use of another language is unavoidable, please provide a translation of the comments. (This should be done by default, or at the request of any user, not just an administrator, as you indicated at User talk:CroDome.) For more details, see Wikipedia:Talk page guidelines. —Psychonaut 10:10, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
Write something on Page
I DID write something. I wrote about the suffers of my beloved home country during GreaterSerbian aggression, and I wrote SUPPORT in ICTY, EU and NATO that all put an end to GreaterSerbdom and they DELETED it. They deleted it!!!!! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by CroDome (talk • contribs) 15:21, 14 February 2007 (UTC).
- Please, accept. What can you lose? Nothing. Only gain. I will be heavily insulted if you refuse. Youll only be a GreaterSerbian yourself if you dont accept, understand that. --CroDome 15:57, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Requests for adminship/Kubura
- Since you refused the nom and it was never listed, I thought I would offer to delete the page if you so wish. I have no idea if you wold ever be interested in an adminship, but if I remove the page at least there is not a malformed nomination that you didn't even want out there in the namespace. Let me know on my talkpage if you want it deleted.--Isotope23 20:25, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
GOOD CRO STUFF
Vidio sam neki komentar izmedu tebe i Crodome... Dobru si mu reko..
You should be in Admin.
God Speed Jagoda 1 03:00, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
Hi! You took the nickname I wanted to. :X
- Are you worried the two of you will be confused? If so I can ask him to choose another username.--Isotope23 16:29, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
Re:Central South Slavic diasystem
I agree with you that the term "Serbo-Croatian" is abandoned when we are speaking of the unitary language of Yugoslavia. However Serbo-Croatian is still in use when referring to the diasystem. Central-South Slavic is just another name for it. Tar-Elenion 09:28, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
- Kubura I am well aware of the issues with the name "Serbo-Croatian", but this is not about the supposed "language" but about a diasystem. If you rename "Serbo-Croatian" into "Central South Slavic" then you have to also rename the other diasystem's as well. Central South Slavic is also fine with me but this a scientific term, people will not know what it is, besides we already have an article about "Serbo-Croatian" while we don't have an article named "Central South Slavic". Tar-Elenion 08:10, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
- Well ok, if you think you are up to it and that no one will oppose, do it. If it was up to me I would perhaps rewrite the article about Serbo-Croatian language and propose a change in name. As for names of the other diasystems 'Insular Scandinavian' and 'Continental Scandinavian' come to mind. ;) Tar-Elenion 08:26, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
- Ok then. If you need any assistance in the future regarding this subject (or anything else) please let me know. Cheers. :) Tar-Elenion 08:49, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
reply re Rebpulica Ragusina
I have no interest in dealing with fanatical nationalists who are unable to communicate civilly or to recognize that other points of view, for example, historical facts, have any validity. You are not welcome to post on my talk page any more. Αργυριου (talk) 16:46, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
I would be so happy if you could put here your comment, that you've made while you changed the page about Dubrovnik Republic . How did you said? "rv Croat nationalist POV. Ragusa *was* a regional Italian power, and it was an Italian state which eventually became primarily Croat.)".
Pax doesn't allows me to collect evidence for admins in one place. Kubura 08:25, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
"Yugoslav First League"
Hey, can you make a note that the data was uploaded from the en.wikipedia, and provide a link in the change description headline? That would be great, just so it's clear the info is coming from the en wikipedia rather than straight from rsssf. --Hurricane Angel 01:41, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
That info IS inserted in the articles translated on hr.wiki ("translated from en.wiki" or "the tables, links and champions's roster are from en.wiki") Kubura 12:47, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
Yuga and "userpage looking"
I was confuzed. I though I was editing my own talk page.
Is there a possibility that youd change your username so I can took it?
How's in Mosor?—Preceding unsigned comment added by KuburaYuga (talk • contribs) , 18:17, 1 March 2007
No chance. No way. You can't have everything you want. "Hajduk" is from Split, Kubura is a Croat. Live with that.
You're Stepanović, take a username "vojvoda Stepa". That name is considered as honorable among Serbs. And even more, you have his surname. What do you want more? Kubura 19:13, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
What is it relevant if the names popular amongst Serbs?
Anyway, he's a warrior - I don't like 'em (I know it contradicts with my secondary nickname ;). Besides, People call me "Stipe", and no way "Stepa". My middle (father's) name is "Stijepo", so again its irrelevant with that warmonger. —Preceding unsigned comment added by KuburaYuga (talk • contribs) 19:31, 2 March 2007
I know all that, you don't need to tell me. And thank you for any help you might provide. Tar-Elenion 17:36, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
Regarding your request I have nothing against it, you don't need to ask such things. ;) Tar-Elenion 14:33, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
Hello again. I wanted to ask you about this user, he accused me recently I am a sockpuppet of this AfrikaPaprika because according to him I have a similar interest and he is "convinced" I am him. I looked around and I found by Google you were accused as well (by this same person) being a sockpuppet of AfrikaPaprika. Can you please help me? Maybe testifying or something like that, I don't know what else to do or how to defend from this, he goes around telling people I am a sockpuppet! I am becoming desperate, registering on English Wikipedia I never thought I will have some lunatic on my neck..... Tar-Elenion 15:07, 10 March 2007 (UTC)
Hey, do you know more baout the possible Croat origin of Joseph Haydn?
I know he spoke Croatian and was influenced by Croat music.
I know about the region in Austria where he was from had a strong Croat community as it still does today.
I used the example of Andreas Ivanschitz who I know is a Austrian Croat but to other users they would never guess until they read his article.
I think the link with Hajdin and Haydn has some truth.
I think this should be added to the article but some users keep reverting it.
I thought Wiki was free to edit
I don't care that much but if other sites and books say he's Croat ..Wiki should make some mention even if a small one as i had made.
Do you much about the Molise Croats in Italy?
Any famous people from there?
Enjoy the music
Evergreen Montenegro1 04:43, 23 March 2007 (UTC)
Thanks Evergreen Montenegro1 22:51, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
I posted this on Evergreen Montegrin's talk page and am putting this copy on your page for your convenience. The first bit is what you yourself posted.
- On this page Croatian composer Joseph Haydn, by William H_ Hadow, you'll find a bunch of links and references that deal with Croat root of Joseph Haydn.
- Greetings, Kubura 12:32, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
- Hello, this page quotes a book that is about 100 years old. The book spurred additional scholarly research on the question of Haydn's ethnic origins, research resulting in a consensus that Haydn was not Croatian. You can find the relevant references under Haydn and folk music.
- The point is that the Web is a very incomplete and unreliable source of scholarly information. You should not use it for editing; instead, go the library and check out books. Thank you for your attention and patience, yours sincerely, Opus33 03:09, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Only way to know 100% is to check the dna. Thanks for the reply guys SUBJECT CLOSED
Evergreen Montenegro1 23:07, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
That IP's last post was 4 days ago... I'll warn them not to use talkpages for off topic discussions. If they start again, let me know.--Isotope23 13:23, 17 April 2007 (UTC)
- I'll add it to my watchlist. Looks like dialup to me so even if he keeps doing it a block would be rather pointless.--Isotope23 12:49, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
History of Croatia categories
Why did you add them? They don't quite correspond to the article.
Can I remove it? --PaxEquilibrium 11:18, 20 April 2007 (UTC)
If the territory of those medieval countries spread over the territory of todays Republic of Croatia, than it belongs to this category.
BTW, I've seen that you've already removed that categorization;I don't know why have you asked, if you're anyway doing things according to your own will (case with "Principality of Zeta"). Kubura 17:57, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
- But the territories of those medieval realms did not spread over the territory of today's Croatia. --PaxEquilibrium 17:53, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
Duklja didn't??? Kubura 18:01, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
- No; not Doclea itself.
- Why did you add it to the Zeta then? --PaxEquilibrium 18:10, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
Duke Bodin. Kubura 18:20, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
- I think you're referring to King Bodin.
- He reigned the Kingdom of Doclea and Dalmatia. That "and Dalmatia" marked the territories outside Doclea. --PaxEquilibrium 18:27, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
His predecessor, duke Michael requested and got the king's crown from the pope (in 1077) , you're wright. Kubura 18:33, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
- And anyway - would really be a few square miles at the south and around Dubrovnik enough to fulfill the requirements for the category in the first place? --PaxEquilibrium 18:38, 21 April 2007 (UTC)
would really be a few square miles at the south and around Dubrovnik enough to fulfill the requirements for the category (history of Croatia). What????
What does that mean?? That because "it's only few miles".
So? So what? What do you want to say by that?
That because it's only "few sq miles", it doesn't concern Croatia?? It DOES. Very. In those "few sq miles", Croats are the only autochtonous people there. These areas are purely Croat-inhabited. Croats live there. Croats have their ancestral homes there. Villages. Cities. Fields, meadows.
If even a square centimeter of an country is part of certain category, than it IS a part of it. Kubura 00:13, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- I don't see the "History of Croatia" and "History of Serbia" categories on the History of Bosnia and Herzegovina (958–1463) article, but I get what you want to say. --PaxEquilibrium 14:40, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
Good remark. Kubura 14:53, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Choose your (wiki)-friends carefully.
Many of users on wikipedia are "sweet talkers", but play very perfidiously. Be aware of them. Čuvaj se slatkoričivac na Wikipediji.
Open your eyes. Those sweettalkers "keep hidden". They hide their true intentions, but in the background they play very dirty game. They really do. It reaches over the edges of your imaginaton.Slatkoričivci igradu podlo. S tebon govoridu jedno, a u pozadini vodidu skroz drugu, vrlo šporku igru.
Go on Croatian wiki, there you'll get any info you need. You just have to ask. There you can freely speak in Croat language (in fact, you must speak there in Croat language, wiki-policy).
BTW, you don't have to confess anybody your private info, and that includes the data that your father is Serb (as you've said on one talk page). Keep your privacy.
And, the last, but not the least... Don't squander with your vote right. This is serious stuff.
Sincerely, Kubura 00:57, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- Uhm... all I can say is... what the hell? What are you talking about? What are you trying to say? Be more specific if you can, 'cause right now, you're freaking me out... -- xompanthy 10:05, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
- OK... first of all, I will NEVER support anyone spreading "Greater Serbian" propaganda. Never. There is nothing I hate more than nationalists, both theirs and ours. So I will never support anything even remotely connected to NDH beliefs, too. What you say about PaxEquilibrium (and yes, you are quite definitely talking about him) may or may not be true. I doubt that it is. From my perspective, he's been only fair and honest. And I've seen him around on Wikipedia before, and he's always shown himself to be a decent person and a good editor. That's all from my experience. I could be wrong, of course. But I highly doubt I am. I have never seen him utter anything even resembling "Greater Serbian" propaganda. NEVER. If I did, believe me, I would have a completely different opinion about him.
- Now you show up and start saying he's no good. You use double-speak, cloak & dagger references to "them", and how "they" are up to no good. You give no proof whatsoever to support your claims. Now tell me, would any rational person believe you? Don't get me wrong, you could even be right, but until I see some proof (diffs and the like) to the contrary, I stand firmly by my belief that Pax is a good editor.
- I must say one more thing. Badmouthing someone like you are doing right now, and not even having the decency to say their name directly, is both dishonest and cowardly. If you believe he's a nationalist, a bad editor, or just plain "evil", come out and say it directly, and support your claims with proof. Don't just go around spreading FUD. Stand by your accusations. Otherwise anyone with half a brain will want to stay away from you, thinking you're just paranoid. -- xompanthy 17:04, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- I've been reading your talk archives and I can't believe it how you two can go at it on and on and on... Don't you get BORED? I mean really... why continue? He makes good points, and you make good points. In a majority of your discussions, you are both right. Though for the life of me I can not understand why do you continue to trash out that discussion forever... and frankly, looking at the page... you two seem like friends. At least, you could be, if you both accepted the other's difference of opinion. And start respecting each other more. Both of you are not nationalistic, but patriots fighting about something both of you should be able to just say "OK! I believe in what I believe, you believe in what you believe. We agree to disagree. Let's move on...". He's not a "Greater Serbian" supporter. Seriously, you can't say that; that's just no true, and I know you know this. And you're not an NDH supporter from what I can see. I must admit, I was thinking you were. But reading your discussion...
- Why can't you two just get along? Seriously now. You must have some respect for him, and I know he has some for you. Come on. Bury the hatchet. You disagree, and you both make good points. Have some mutual respect people, for crying out loud... Još samo fali da izvadite oružja i poubijate se, jel tako? Baš vam to treba. Pa u KURAC, završite tu prokletu diskusiju već jednom i nastavite dalje svojim putevima! Jebo vas ja, i onda se ljudi pitaju zašto se mi međusobno svi i dalje ne možemo smisliti... obojica ste panjevi... -- xompanthy 18:35, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
OK. First, it's not the matter of FUD, but the matter of nice behaviour. In fact, wiki-policy disagrees with naming people. That's why I avoid naming.
Second, you've asked me for some proofs about Pax's (you've mentioned him, I didn't) behaviour. OK...
Oh, in the meantime you've sent me the message.
Look what has he done . I had no idea what was going on. I've discovered that almost two months later. Sasvim slučajno sam naletia na ovu njegovu podvalu. Look at those heavy accusations. Without "sorry" later. Stalinistic. Udba-style.
Here's my answer to the admin who worked on the case (at least I thought so) . You'll get some explanations there.
About the discussion... He's insisting on the discussion, not me. In fact, that's what he mentioned in his shamelessly written charge. Kubura 18:50, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- You convinced me. You're BOTH idiots. Learn to move on. He screwed up. He should have apologized, that I do agree with. But frankly... you are both too petty and stubborn to accept each other's differences. Work it out. Stop fighting. WHAT'S THE POINT? Honestly, tell me. Why do you still argue? WHY?
- You should go to his talk page and say "I'm sorry for acting like an idiot". Then he should go to yours and do the same. If you really want to show neutrality, reason and some God damn sense, be the first one to apologize so we can all move on. Is that hard? Start behaving like adults, and stop behaving like kindergarten children. -- xompanthy 19:19, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- YOU SEE? He apologized. NOW YOU DO THE SAME FOR GOD'S SAKE AND MINE! -- xompanthy 19:19, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
When you've written "..., the guy seems like he's one of those "they're out to get me" people..."... maybe you get me now?
About more links... here. Someone was four times nominated for adminship (under the name of HolyRomanEmperor; he claims to be him... there's a whole comical story about his "death" and "renaming"). You'll find lot of arguments there (and there's a lot more). Here they are: , , , , ... And then he "dissappeared"... exactly when I've argumented him all the sources that confirmed organized evacuations of rebelled Serbs from Croatia.
I'm not happy to have any person as admin. Especially the one that shamelessly falsely accused me in front of admins.
However, that's why I'm telling you - don't run.
Ne daj se zavest. Ne žuri s pridlaganjen admina. Uvik dobro proviri koga pridlažeš i kome daješ glas.
About going along with that person... no chance. He's persistently pushing his story, with channelized, filtered and/or distorted data. In his contributions, he's contributing that way to perfidiously minimalize or even deny the Croathood of some parts of Croatia, like Dalmatia, History of Dalmatia, Lika (if I remember well) or articles linked with Croatia (also the article that Medule vandalized, if I remember well). He tries to present the completely different picture of Croatia-linked topics on en.wiki in a sneaking ways.
Oh, don't forget the famous article Serb lands....
And whenever he plans to organized his candidacy for adminship, he begans to "play nice".
At the end, don't use our domestic... pošćapalicu... the copulative one. It degrades you. Man begins to think... who you really are. You know, the reader doesn't see your face nor hears your intonation; he has to estimate your intentions. Kubura 19:26, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Please, don't use capitals. It gives the picture of shouting. Don't use expressions "j* vas ja".
Why should I apologize? Maybe I accused him? Maybe I distort the history of Croatia?
And again. I'm not the one who's "pushing the discussion". Somebody else is. If that means something to you, some other users also have complained about someones behaviour. Kubura 19:38, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Ya know, Xompanthy might be smarter than both of us...
BTW I admitted that mistake if you recall; you're definitely not the mastermind of Afrika paprika. --PaxEquilibrium 19:17, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- The K word is an expletive that slipped out because you two frustrated me (and continue to do so) to no end. Now, to continue... will you get over that whole sockpuppet thing? Yes, he was wrong. Yes, he admitted his mistake. I read his rationalization in the checkuser request. To be honest, it makes sense. Made me wonder, really. But in the end, it was just an unlucky stream of coincidences. These things happen. And you have to understand, Afrika Paprika pissed him off immensely. I know, I read those talk logs too. And Afrika just keeps coming back. He just wanted to finally get rid of someone very annoying, and he thought that at last, he could get to the bottom of that. He was wrong. And now he apologized. What more do you want man? Come on, be reasonable now. We're all human. We make mistakes. And it's both stupid and childish to hold a grudge against someone forever.
- Move on. Forgive him. He's sorry, I hope you can see that. And you have my personal apologies for thinking you were a paranoid nationalist. You're just an angry man with a long grudge and a bad way with words (stemming from your honestly, bad English).
- In the end, I like you. I like him too. Can you move on, like he's trying to? Show us you're the big man I think you are. -- xompanthy 19:49, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
- Yes, I know about capitals meaning shouting. That's exactly why I used them. And you should apologize for acting like an ass, the same thing he has done. Don't try to tell me otherwise, I've seen all the logs. He's an ass, you're an ass. You both behaved like little children. It's time to stop this. -- xompanthy 19:51, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Poučak o brokvi i dasci. Brokvu koju si zabia moreš izvadit, ali rupa ostaje. Theorem about the nail and the plank. You can remove the nail, but the hole remains.
Second. Poučak o vuku i ćudi. The teorem about the wolf's hair and character. That's why I don't trust him.
Despite all, I find my English excellent. But to describe some feelings, English can't match Croat language. You may write a whole page in English and that still won't describe it as good as only one sentence in Croat language.
Third,you seriously don't get it. He wrote lies about history of my country, I didn't write such things about his country. Priko nikih stvari se ne more prić. Regarding him, daleko mu kuća. Away from me.
At the end, watch your language. Kubura 20:17, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Concerning the English versus Croatian, I couldn't agree with you more. English lacks the descriptive powers of Croatian. Concerning this whole affair, I think you're getting overboard. Wrote lies? I didn't see that. Doesn't mean he didn't do it. But somehow I don't think he did. I think this all comes from the fact that you two disagree on some key issues.
But that, it seems, will never change. I know that. But you should still be able to forgive him. Holding a grudge does not make you better than him. It will only give you an ulcer. And honestly, the ability to forgive is a sing of greatness, not weakness. I'm not calling him right, don't misunderstand me. But right or wrong, you should still forgive him. But it's your choice. I can't make you realize that this makes you petty (trns. sitničav).
This is all from me concerning this. I am tired now, and do not wish a never-ending discussion like you two have. I hope I made my point. If I didn't... hey, I tried. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. And take things a bit easier from now on, OK? Life's difficult enough without us making it more so... -- xompanthy 20:33, 24 April 2007 (UTC)
Found one occasion
You see this is exactly what I meant when I said several square miles of territory's relevancy... misrepresented... --PaxEquilibrium 13:44, 25 April 2007 (UTC)
I think you will find the Molise Croats article interesting. Someone has changed it to read Molise Serbs.
These Serb debates/edits with Croat articles never end.
Treba svima nama na Balkanu rakije!!!!
Jagoda 1 04:01, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
Please define writing an article "open greaterserbianism"? If today's Croatia would brake into the Republics of Istria, Croatia, Slavonia and Dalmatia and later reunite - guess what, I'd call it "reunified Croatian state".
I was just talking 'bout an interesting thing. There's no greaterserbianism (lol, man; that's even a a word) in there. What in heavens' are you talking about?
Note that on the very same page I defended Ante Starcevic from being very POVly presented as a simpleton racist. And I can't see how I missed the point.
Yes, and I stand by it. After, the human race is unique.
On the talk page of user Sideshow Bob, he expressed again his greaterserbianism. , claiming that Bokelji "were and are Serbs". Despite numerous Croat community there. What on earth does this mean? Could you please explain it? It makes absolutely no sense. --PaxEquilibrium 19:27, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
If you have time
I'm sorry to bother you, but if you do have the time, I was hoping you can help me with the Knin page--some Serbian troll has been trying to insert some ridiculous POV into it, I'm trying to get the page protected, but he's relentless, and typically, refuses to use the talk page to say anything but accusations. I don't want to violate the 3-reverse rule, but if you can help in someway, I will greatly appreciate it. And don't be afraid to ask anything of me either if you need it, I will gladly help with Croatian pages in any way. Regards. --Jesuislafete 17:27, 18 May 2007 (UTC)