|Kuru's Talk Page|
- 1 Congratulations
- 2 Comparison of network monitoring systems
- 3 User:Vandulizm remover
- 4 Nanorep link to "Customer Experience" removal
- 5 About SAFE Trade/Active Portfolio Service Details on Wikipedia
- 6 FYI
- 7 Your wrong stupid
- 8 Interested in Identifying Open Proxies...
- 9 Leadership
- 10 Archive
- 11 ==Invitation to WikiProject Brands
- 12 Invitation to WikiProject Brands
- 13 Invitation to subscribe to the edit filter mailing list
- 14 Reply
- 15 reply
- 16 List of MLM companies
- 17 Paulmorantz
- 18 Vandalism
- 19 Eva Longoria
- 20 References on the factoring page
- 21 Inside information
- 22 A cup of tea for you!
- 23 Vandal
- 24 Hello
- 25 ArbCom elections are now open!
|Congratulations on reaching 100000 edits. You have achieved a milestone that only 319 editors have been able to accomplish. The Wikipedia Community thanks you for your continuing efforts. Keep up the good work!|
If you like you can add this userbox to your collection.
. Buster Seven Talk 12:32, 19 June 2015 (UTC) Links have been added, but the link has been removed again . The problem in the language of the site? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Quatrozan (talk • contribs) 15:19, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
Comparison of network monitoring systems
Hello, Kuru! I need your help. I was edited page "Comparison of network monitoring systems" in which the unit has been placed on our monitoring system. I would like to clarify why you rolled back ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Quatrozan (talk • contribs) 14:12, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Certainly; there's a notice at the top of the page when you edit that list which explains the inclusion criteria in detail. Will be happy to talk you through any question you have after reading that. Kuru (talk) 14:22, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Links have been added, but the link has been removed again . The problem in the language of the site? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Quatrozan (talk • contribs) 15:34, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- It does not seem like you read the material I pointed you to: "All entries that point to non-existent articles or external links will be deleted." The primary issue is that you are creating an entry that does not have an independent wikipedia article created for it. This will require you create that article, and to demonstrate that the product is notable by our standards, usually significant coverage in third party sources. Kuru (talk) 16:00, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
- Links have been added, but the link has been removed again . The problem in the language of the site? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Quatrozan (talk • contribs) 15:34, 24 June 2015 (UTC)
Hello Kuru, I have replied to your requests at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Marketing_performance_measurement_and_management#comments I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience. Thank you, Clearaction — Preceding unsigned comment added by Clearaction (talk • contribs) 00:45, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Done - hid the revisions as well. Kuru (talk) 18:44, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
I've added today a link from nanoRep to the "Customer Experience" topic, the link was http://www.nanorep.com/how-to-measure-customer-experience.
Here are the current warning:
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2012) This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2013)
This link provides quality information, it's not spam, the article provides real value to visitors.
Learning how to measure customer experience in my opinion is going to add real value to the topic. Read the article, Cite error: There are
<ref> tags on this page without content in them (see the help page). and please reconsider the removal of the link.
- It's really bad content marketing, no thanks. Say, what's your relationship to PhilipRanky (talk · contribs)? Kuru (talk) 23:29, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
About SAFE Trade/Active Portfolio Service Details on Wikipedia
We are new to Wikipedia. We do not intend to violate any norms of Wikipedia. We just want to claim that we have first Robo Advisor for equity investment. Our feature is close enough to Betterment, so, we also wanted to be featured on the same line.
We shared the links which were white papers and those links had no relation with our commercial activity (except that we mentioned we have one paid service). Please guide us what to do in order to be published on Wikipedia just like Betterment.
Thanks & Regards, anubhajyoti
- You've added links to the front pages of multiple commercial services for no reason other than to promote them. I am not here to help you spam your product. Kuru (talk) 11:46, 22 July 2015 (UTC)
Your wrong stupid
- Alas, the reliable source provided on the page uses this number. If you'd like to provide an alternate source, please feel free to do so. Until then, altering sourced material on biographies of living persons to an inaccurate number is a really bad idea. Kuru (talk) 13:03, 31 July 2015 (UTC)
Interested in Identifying Open Proxies...
Hello there Kuru! I've been watching the page Wikipedia:WikiProject on open proxies for some time now and saw your active participation there. I've also read the guide Wikipedia:WikiProject on open proxies/Guide to checking open proxies although I got some idea, still I feel new. So, can you train (mentor) me to identify open proxies? As I am an Account creator, this training would also help me there. Any help is much appreciated! Regards—☮JAaron95 Talk 05:35, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- That link isn't a bad outline; let me put something together this weekend and I'll e-mail it to you - mainly just lessons learned, etc. Kuru (talk) 11:48, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Have not forgotten - just did not have more than a 10 minute span free this weekend. :( Will finish it up when I get a chance. 00:46, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
Kuru regarding the Leadership wiki you edited the contribution cited Rachel Adeniji is notable and comprehensive connection among debates on leadership that ties in the church and education without this notable creditoon the article lacks understanding of simple theories pls revert article. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- It appears that you're adding material sourced to a non-notable and self-published book/essay. You may want to use the article's talk page to justify your position that the material is notable, and you will need to find a source that is reliable. Kuru (talk) 12:31, 29 August 2015 (UTC)
I changed to Wewobanjsufukulipo
I changed my username under wikipedia right to be forgotten. The article was written 8 years ago when I was very young. I would like to distance myself from it. Given that the article is very discussion is very old I am not sure of the value of that conversation. However if you feel the conversation is important to you or others please can you maintain it with my updated username as per wikipedia right to be forgotten rules.
- Makes sense. Kuru (talk) 00:45, 3 September 2015 (UTC)
==Invitation to WikiProject Brands
Invitation to WikiProject Brands
Invitation to subscribe to the edit filter mailing list
Hi, as a user in the edit filter manager user group we wanted to let you know about the new wikipedia-en-editfilters mailing list. As part of our recent efforts to improve the use of edit filters on the English Wikipedia it has been established as a venue for internal discussion by edit filter managers regarding private filters (those only viewable by administrators and edit filter managers) and also as a means by which non-admins can ask questions about hidden filters that wouldn't be appropriate to discuss on-wiki. As an edit filter manager we encourage you to subscribe; the more users we have in the mailing list the more useful it will be to the community. If you subscribe we will send a short email to you through Wikipedia to confirm your subscription, but let us know if you'd prefer another method of verification. I'd also like to take the opportunity to invite you to contribute to the proposed guideline for edit filter use at WP:Edit filter/Draft and the associated talk page. Thank you! Sam Walton (talk) and MusikAnimal talk 18:22, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
Hi Kuru - I appreciate your effort in maintaining the community.
I have been editing pages with useful and up to the minute news on many various topics... Many of the pages I have edited state that they are looking for people to edit and add sources and correct grammar, and that is what I have done. Every edit I made was done in proper format with good and valid sources. If you're going to come behind and erase my work, I don't see the point in continuing to try and contribute to the community. Please let me know if this is going to continue so I no longer waste my time and effort contributing. Thanks for your help T f 123321 (talk) 01:06, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
- As long as you are adding promotional material related to entities that are clearly connected, then yes, you can expect it to continue. Use third-party WP:RS, not your own interests. Kuru (talk) 01:22, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
Ok - I guess you consider informative and relevant content as "promotional". Nothing written mentioned a brand or promoted a brand, it simply added content and useful info each wiki entry. Thanks anyway for your time - your efforts on wiki are appreciated
I am still new at wikipedia so I am posting this here in case you didn't see my reply. I am actually not being paid to do this. I am trying to help DiCentral with their page on my own time. I was trying to put up the page and used the same sort of references that similar companies used. When it was turned down and each cite was shot down, I decided to correct the others. I've already told DiCentral they don't qualify and the DiCentral page won't be updated anymore. However, the double standard is disturbing. Someone told me if they held old pages to standards now there wouldn't be any. I put up OpenText up for deletion because the cites are horrible and the page is poorly written. I put up SPS because of bad cites. They have now updated and their page looks good.
The standards for new pages should apply to old pages as well. I can tell OpenText is one you care about because you've argued for it before. If you look through the talk page, I'm not the first to suggest deletion. Also both companies put advertising on the EDI wikipedia page which I deleted. I'm deleting your comments because they were wrong. I'm not correcting all pages just ones that I know something about. --Cmurphey80 (talk) 23:20, 26 September 2015 (UTC)
- I'm sorry you've run in to trouble creating an article for your firm. I have not reviewed the material there and cannot offer you advice on the quality of your sources or whether it meets WP:CORP. I am concerned that you've picked up the edits from the Danielford832 account which is clearly corporate, and are using phrasing indicating a direct relationship with the firm ("EDI for my business", "If they are accepted and we are not"). If that was your previous account or if you are employed by the firm in any way, you need to follow WP:TOU and declare your paid COI. I don't care if you're "doing it on your own time" - that's a bit of a dodge, since you are clearly coordinating with them.
- I am deeply concerned that you've now switched to editing the pages of competitors. This kind of thing can turn into a serious PR and ethical issue. I would strongly advise you to make sure your contact there is aware you've changed tactics, or, if you're working in marketing there, that you contact a supervisor or someone competent there and make sure they're on board with this kind of maneuver.
- As for having the OpenText article on my watchlist, you can read through the history to see my previous recent edits - removing large quantities of spam from the material after removing links they spread to other articles. I will usually prod articles which are irredeemable, but that one is not. The firm seems to clearly meet WP:CORP. Kuru (talk) 00:41, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
It's not my firm. Yes, I was helping DanielFord832 but not getting paid for it or working for him. That's why I was referring to him and our not because it is mine. I tried and failed. They are going to have to work to get PR for notability to get an article accepted. They simply are not big enough right now. I've nominated more than just those kind of companies for deletion so I'm not sure how it would be a PR nightmare. SPS cleaned themselves up and I'm pretty happy with that page. OpenText isn't even trying. My problem is that I do feel like everyone should be held to the same standard. When I brought that up in help to get the article I was helping with accepted, I was blown off. I won't help create any pages till I clearly understand the atmosphere here. I feel like I have much to add but I'll be watching more than editing for awhile. I've added alot of good information to Bermuda, Insurance, Beading, and cleared tons of advertisers off the EDI page,etc in just a short 30 days. I wish I could have helped my friend but there are certain guidelines and his company didn't meet them.--Cmurphey80 (talk) 02:37, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
List of MLM companies
I know the list isn't all-inclusive. Is there a way to suggest additions to your list? Some that I can think of off the top of my head include Tupperware, Silpada, Plexus, Origami Owl, and 31 Gifts.
Since you are an administrator....you should be able to take action. People, not me, basically wrote my Wikipedia in 2011. It was very accurate. One of the few. As I was in about 6-10 of them I could personally vouch for inaccuracies. I was honored to be in Wikipedia and it was a time saver as when journalists wanted background I could refer them there. It accurately stated I specialized in suing fanatical movements and self help groups; the issue was brainwashing. Then came was one of those self promoting claims and I wrote this was defamatory of me. I thought it was later resolved as that blurbed was removed.
But over time my specialty keep changing to now being absurd--"institutional abuse." Publicly and in the media it is I specialized in going after fanatical cults. I preferred term totalistic movements. People have corrected this with sources many times. Wikipedia has it accurate in Center For Feeling Therapy Entry. the Molko entry has my role in the case but it gets removed even though this had the greatest impact on society of anything I ever did. Despite sources it keeps being removed my role in getting town of Parlier and Los Angeles Police Department out of Werner Erhard's grasp. Interesting if you Google est and brainwashing my story on what happened is No.1 so apparently society recognizes the importance even if you don't.
That's the point. My history is accurately reported everywhere. While I was once very proud to be included in Wikipedia I no longer refer people to it. It's grossly incomplete and inaccurate. This problem has been reported to me by others who have fought cults. Saying I specialize in institution abuse is disparaging and simply not the truth. Why would someone do that unless an agenda. Why is fact City of Santa Monica gave me a commendation deleted.
It is better it not appear so researchers will read other things and not be mislead. Where I was formerly proud to have an entry it is now an embarrassment. My website has 2 million viewers. If I am not important enough to Wikipedia that someone doesn't read sources given to see accuracies or the terminology over what I did--sued cults for brainwashing--is off limits than just remove it. After I am gone there is plenty that is accurate to read for anyone who cares. You can discuss this if you want. 310 4594745 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Paulmorantz (talk • contribs) 06:23, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
- I reverted a mess of an addition to a WP:BLP, which trigged my attention when you used sources that linked to wikipedia mirrors which are completely unacceptable. I have no objection to someone re-writing the article, but they need to pay attention to the sourcing. I am sympathetic to your cause and I'd be happy to look at your article when I have some free time, but I'm not on a time table. Kuru (talk) 11:42, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi Kuru, Thomas.W is creating vandalism, Removing and blanking content again and again after giving her last warning. Many user report her many time but each time he undo user reports from different account. his contributions thanks — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:59, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hello. The IP is a sock of Wikipedia:Sockpuppet investigations/Najaf ali bhayo, currently operating on 22.214.171.124/16 to 126.96.36.199/16. Thomas.W talk 06:25, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
She and Tony Parker may be divorced, but they were legally married. The Category:Wives of National Basketball Association players should still apply. Michael Jordan is no longer a "Chicago Bulls player," but that category would still apply. I re-added the category for this reason. Rikster2 (talk) 14:36, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
- That's an obscure category and hardly a WP:DEFINING characteristic for the subject of the article. For BLP issues like this, there would need to be a better specification in the category title to indicate that this is former classification, and then the category would just be more obscure. This seems to be moot as the category was created by a long term troll (unbeknownst to either of us), but I'd be against any re-creation. Kuru (talk) 23:45, 19 October 2015 (UTC)
References on the factoring page
There are a couple errors on this page due to redundant ref name="" values. Even the references that aren't incorrectly formatted seem to lack the necessary specificity. Thoughts? Bhanks (talk) 14:02, 20 October 2015 (UTC)
A cup of tea for you!
|With this ever dramatic world and winter coming, here's a cup of tea to alleviate your day! This e-tea's remains have been e-composted SwisterTwister talk 05:45, 25 October 2015 (UTC)|
Hey, Kuru. You blocked User:188.8.131.52 who I had flagged as a vandal of my talk page and pages I have edited. He has just come back and reverted your block/edit and is targetting my page again. I have reverted these but not sure what else to do now. Can you do anything else? J Bar (talk) 12:45, 27 October 2015 (UTC)
Hello how are you. i'm having a personal attack with the User:Knowledgebattle, a user throwing personal opinion upon the articles, so i undo his edit's. as here and here. Many of other user's undo his edit's as here, since he is pushing the Category:Christianity-related beheadings in different places even it's not related or throwig his presonal opinions upon the articles as here which been also revert and here and here, so i'm not the only one who's undo his edit.
This not the first time that i handel his harrasment as stalking and undo my edit for several times and the user:Volunteer Marek ask him to stop this clear cut evidence of harassment. and when he called uneducated. It's interesting when he called me Christian-propaganda, when his articles been deleted for being full of propaganda and i will not talking also about his inappropriate comment's in different articles or talk pages. Have a nice day.Jobas (talk) 13:34, 7 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:36, 23 November 2015 (UTC)