- Also, with articles such as Blacktoft, South Cave (or any articles), do not use editorialised and non-neutral hyperbole such as "exclusive", unless it is a quote from a reliable source that you reference as an inline citation. Acabashi (talk) 12:53, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
- Nice updates of edits - I've formatted the 'rich list' ref to Wikipedia style. You could just open up the edit window and copy it, and paste it elsewhere. I like the way you were bold with removing that long-unreferenced South Cave orchestra text, and the way you added a detailed edit summary - always a good thing - shows you are good faith editing. Acabashi (talk) 16:21, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
- I see that a new user, Han67, has decided to remove referenced text in the Yokefleet article, without any explanation. I will ask an administrator to check this suspicious behavior and account against all past editors of this article to see if we have a sockpuppet (WP:SOCKS) operating here - I'm sure you understand this action as you would not want any of your edits wrongly removed. Admins have tools to determine socks, and any such behaviour will, with certainty, block all associated accounts and probable associated IP addresses indefinitely. Acabashi (talk) 18:43, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
Acabashi I'm not sure what a sockpuppet is, but I haven't knowingly done anything wrong and I hope it won't effect my wikipedia account. I'm not sure which part of the article the user removed but I haven't been notified so I do not think one of my alterations has been removed. Thanks - and I hope that makes sense. Lesley175
- See WP:SOCKS. A sockpuppet is an account set up by someone who already has a user account, or someone who is very close to that user, very often from the same IP address but also maybe geographically local to the user (both of which Admins can determine and act upon). A sockpuppet can be used to add weight to edits from the first account, perhaps in discussions or in article edits giving them a spurious authority over what is written or removed. They can be used to keep the first account clean, while disrupting with the other. Admins can look at the editing history and times of different accounts even if not from the same IP address, and make a judgment as to if they are linked for ulterior motive. An Admin could also determine if a user is connected to a previous blocked account. A sockpuppet may be set up in all ignorance or innocence because someone thinks it would be fine to create multiple accounts, but this is considered by Wikipedia as one of the gravest behaviours treated with zero tolerance, as it can destroy the trust of those in the project.
- I am not making any accusations here. I am concerned that this new one-edit user Han67, who jumped in at an 'opportune' moment between our Yokefleet edits, might be a sockpuppet of one of the editors of the article - time will tell. I have known some sockpuppet users that, even though they have created some mayhem in articles and talk pages, have been allowed a second chance as they have come clean - one in particular has become an experienced and respected editor. Acabashi (talk) 20:40, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
Acabashi I cannot understand why an account would remove a certain part of the article but I assure you it had nothing to do with my account - as I have actively been involved in adding and updating to the page on Yokefleet there is no reason why I would have anything to do with removing any details.
- Fair enough. You have been responsive to advice and I appreciate that. I suspect that Han67 just made a slip in mouse use. If you feel there is any more to say please join Han67 on my talk page - he/she has added comments under your initial comment, to which you might like to reply. Acabashi (talk) 02:47, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
Acabashi It's no problem at all - if the user alters any more of my edits I will contact him/her directly and ask the reasons why. Would you at all mind if I added to your edit on the Yokefleet flooding? As i live very nearby, I know that major action is being planned to ensure the flooding doesn't happen again - I can also cite this with details from the Blacktoft Civil Parish website. Thanks for your help Lesley175
- It's already added back. Nobody owns the article, so I or any other editor won't mind you adding stuff to any article, unless it doesn't have a source to back it up. Some uncontentious things in place articles would be just a bit silly and cluttery to ref, such as distances from one place to another - it's a balance thing. You could add the flood stuff to quite a few articles for your area as they are named in the citation. Please sign your comments with four tildes (sqiggly lines) which will give your name and the time of add. If you need help in formatting refs let me know, or just work it out from those existing, through the edit window, or see WP:CITEFOOT.
- Interesting that you live nearby - my grandmother's family lived and worked at Sandhall estate in early 20th century, and my grandfather was born at Howden Dyke and met my gran there, she working at the Steam Packet Inn, now not there. Acabashi (talk) 10:15, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
Hi there. I noticed you added some random noteworthy sites to the Beverley article. It would be great if you could add a bit more detail to bring it to life. This link may have some info. Thanks. Magnolia677 (talk) 03:52, 21 March 2015 (UTC)