- 1 Dean Baetz
- 2 Trouted
- 3 Ilovethebeach.com
- 4 Email
- 5 Desysopped by Arbcom and blocked by me
- 6 Notice of Administrators' Noticeboard discussion
- 7 Thoughts
- 8 File:Editor at Large barnstar.png listed for deletion
- 9 MfD nomination of User:Malcolm/Userboxes/Mid
- 10 Happy First Edit Day
- 11 Happy First Edit Day
- 12 ArbCom elections are now open!
Yeah hi, my page was also deleted because of "Significance" issues, I have read the guidlines and other than myself creating a page about me, there is no infraction... Several people have told me to make a wikipedia page for myself and I fell it is somewhat not fair for it to be deleted. It is not spam, and it's not like the site is Over Capacity with articles (I have searched for several bands that have at least 200 000 fans on facebook and only 1 came up (Protest the Hero)), so that is a minor inconvinience! (DeanBaetz (talk) 02:15, 3 November 2011 (UTC))
- Hi, Dean. Regarding your page's assertion of notability: its content only consisted of an infobox with genre, location, and Facebook page. The question is, why is "Dean Baetz" a significant musician? You've got to make that clear if you want to make an article about the subject without it being speedily deleted. However, more importantly: to avoid a nomination for deletion, you have to prove that your subject is notable; it must fall under at least one of these criteria (a certain quantity of Facebook fans is not one of said criteria), and be backed up by reliable sources. See, you can't just make a Wikipedia article about anything you want; all articles must have notable subjects. Also, writing an article about yourself is very strongly discouraged; see our guideline for conflicts of interest. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. I know all these policies can be kind of overwhelming for new editors. —Malcolm (talk) 03:42, 3 November 2011 (UTC)
You've been whacked with a wet trout.Don't take this too seriously. Someone just wants to let you know you did something silly.
You have been trouted for: uhhh... i really don't know
- I don't think I had any involvement with that page. Why are you telling me this? —Malcolm (talk) 00:36, 1 January 2012 (UTC)
Desysopped by Arbcom and blocked by me
Malcolm - further to the email exchange between the Arbitration Committee and you, the Arbitration Committee is desysopping you for abusive use of multiple accounts in a manner inconsistent with the trust granted by the community to administrators. You may seek adminship again in the future through the RFA process. The formal announcement of your desysop is located here on the Arbitration Committee noticeboard. Please note that you are restricted to a single account and that if you wish to change usernames or create a new account, you must seek the permission of the Arbitration Committee prior to editing with the new account.
In addition, I am personally blocking you for two weeks for abusive use of multiple accounts to vandalize and disrupt the project. This is a CheckUser block, and any reviewing administrators are reminded not to reverse this block without consultation with one or more CheckUsers. I sincerely hope that you will take this time to reflect on the harm you have done, and will return to edit in a manner consistent with Wikipedia's goals. Risker (talk) 05:15, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
- Understood. I will take more time to reflect on what I've done, and I assure you that I will not be participating in such activities again. Thank you for taking the necessary and deserved measures against me.
- Again, I really do want to apologize for this. I understand if you or any others doubt my sincerity, but I truly do feel terrible. I'm still somewhat in disbelief that I took the time to vandalize one of the most useful, valuable sites I know of. A two-week block and a desysopping were the least I deserved for my idiotic actions. I've essentially undermined all my years of service by acting like a child. I never thought I could possibly sink that low.
- I also want to apologize to you personally, Risker, as well as to the Arbitration Committee, for having wasted your time with this matter.
- I do not plan to make any other accounts or change my name, but I will notify the Arbitration Committee I gain an interest in doing so. —Malcolm (talk) 06:28, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
Notice of Administrators' Noticeboard discussion
Hello. This message is being sent to inform you that there is currently a discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard regarding an issue with which you may have been involved. Thank you.
File:Editor at Large barnstar.png listed for deletion
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:Editor at Large barnstar.png, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why it has been listed (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry). Feel free to add your opinion on the matter below the nomination. Thank you. Kelly hi! 20:51, 21 November 2013 (UTC)
MfD nomination of User:Malcolm/Userboxes/Mid
User:Malcolm/Userboxes/Mid, a page you substantially contributed to, has been nominated for deletion. Your opinions on the matter are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Young editor userboxes and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). You are free to edit the content of User:Malcolm/Userboxes/Mid during the discussion but should not remove the miscellany for deletion template from the top of the page; such a removal will not end the deletion discussion. Thank you. GorillaWarfare (talk) 00:50, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
Happy First Edit Day
Happy First Edit Day
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:58, 23 November 2015 (UTC)