User talk:LoopZilla

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Number of admins 1,407

Archives[edit]

I started out as N12345n but have changed to LoopZilla. LoopZilla 09:05, 16 November 2005 (UTC)

Contents

Scratchpad[edit]

Please scribble below... LoopZilla 09:38, 16 November 2005 (UTC)


Joe Berke.

SVG Images[edit]

On talk:Scalable Vector Graphics you mentioned commons:Category:SVG category of images. I'm unfamiliar with "commons" vs regular categories. Looking at the repository it seems that it is missing the image used on the Scalable Vector Graphics page itself (Image:Svg.svg). I went to Image:Svg.svg and tried to add the category of SVG but it created a new Category:SVG that is not the same as the commons category. Would appreciate if you could explain to me the difference and how to get that rectified. Thanks! Jeff schiller 15:07, 23 November 2005 (UTC)

Wade-Giles naming conventions[edit]

Greetings. Yes, Tung Ying-chieh is a more standard romanisation than Tung Ying-Chieh. Usually, in W-G, the second part of a hyphenated name isn't capitalised. So, we get Chinese names spelled as: Yang Lu-ch'an, Yang Chien-hou, Wu Chien-ch'üan, Wu Kung-i, etc. I've even seen T'ai-chi Ch'üan. A good example of this phenomenon in print using exactly these names (including Tung Ying-chieh) are any of the books by Douglas Wile, such as Yang Family Secret Transmissions ISBN 091205901X or Lost T'ai-chi Classics from the Late Ch'ing Dynasty ISBN 0791426548 as well as other translations he has done of Cheng Man-ch'ing's works. Regards, --Fire Star 15:29, 23 November 2005 (UTC)

Very good! LoopZilla 22:18, 23 November 2005 (UTC)

University of Openness[edit]

Hi Zilla,

UO may be real, but is it notable? I assume it isn't anything I'd recognise as a university?

Regards, Ben Aveling 10:38, 8 December 2005 (UTC)


Well, yes. See also "The University of the Third Age" also know as U3A. LoopZilla 11:08, 8 December 2005 (UTC)
See also U3A LoopZilla 11:09, 8 December 2005 (UTC)

Little Fluffy Clouds[edit]

You like this tune grandad? -max rspct 13:44, 9 December 2005 (UTC)

Yes, I do... it is wicked: I also like the video! LoopZilla 13:46, 9 December 2005 (UTC)

The vid?? jeez.. never seen it. What goes on? early rave graphics? -max rspct 14:12, 9 December 2005 (UTC)

No, very simple, a dread locked person "throbbing" mostly... LoopZilla 22:15, 9 December 2005 (UTC)
And skanking.... LoopZilla 19:40, 10 December 2005 (UTC)


fountains[edit]

I never found that website. Interesting. Is it new? Welcome to the fountain world.. Justinc 01:58, 11 December 2005 (UTC)

Oh No![edit]

God is dead! -max rspct 14:11, 11 December 2005 (UTC)

Are you notable?[edit]

I took you off Harrow,_London on the assumption that you are not actually notable. If you are notable, then please divulge your real name, create an article about yourself and add yourself to Wikipedia:Wikipedians with articles . Fplay 18:39, 12 December 2005 (UTC)

Fair point LoopZilla 19:04, 12 December 2005 (UTC)


Aikido and its adherents[edit]

I wouldn't say I study it... I have done a few months. Want to go back (iwama stylee) soon tho! You are a T'ai Chi master then, old sacred one? - max rspct 13:27, 17 December 2005 (UTC)

Ahhh soo grasshopper.. I have merely skimmed the surface of the rice urn without disturbing the dragon! -max rspct 13:41, 17 December 2005 (UTC)

Wikimedia UK[edit]

I have no idea. What would being a member or trustee entail/imply? Does it mean I would have to give me real name and everything? :S --Mistress Selina Kyle 18:24, 20 December 2005 (UTC)

To be a trustee you'd have to give your real name and address to Companies House, so it would be on the public record, as well as certain other information. It also carried with it certain legal obligations. Also certain people are disqualified from being company directors - eg undischarged bankrupts, those with a disqualification order against them. Being a member has far fewer legal implications. We would require your real name and an address, but we'd probably accept an email address rather than your postal address (though we haven't considered that yet). You'd also have to pay the membership subscription (price not yet determined, though likely to be at such a level that doesn't deter people because they're not as rich as Jimmy Wales!) and agree to pay an amount not exceeding £10 if required if the company wound up when you were a member or within one year of you ceasing to be a member. Mind you, there's no need to be either a trustee or a member to help out - you just need to have a few hours you're willing to spend regularly in the cause, jguk 18:37, 20 December 2005 (UTC)
Well put (Ed.) LoopZilla 21:58, 20 December 2005 (UTC)

Merry Christmas[edit]

I'm not expecting to be online as much over the next few days so...

User:Francs2000/Christmas

-- Francs2000 09:16, 22 December 2005 (UTC)

Tung Ying Kit video demo[edit]

Greetings! Someone recently added a link to a low quality video of the 1954 Wu vs Chen T'ai Chi vs. White Crane contest at the Wu Kung-i article. What you may find interesting about it is at the very beginning of the video there is some brief footage of Tung Ying-chieh (Tung Ying Kit in Cantonese) demonstrating some of his T'ai Chi forms. Tung was a close friend of Wu Kung-i, and was also was one of the panel of judges for the contest. I hope you find it interesting. --Fire Star 07:51, 13 January 2006 (UTC)

Thanks. Alex Dong is my teacher and I know Chip Ellis personally. Chip's website has many videos from the Tung archives. LoopZilla 09:08, 13 January 2006 (UTC)

All Saints[edit]

Poplar all saints church 1.jpg

Just a daft coincidence. You and I both took shots of All Saints church, similar composition, from almost exactly the same position, one day apart (right). I think yours looks better, mine is very heavily Photoshopped - it was very overcast on Saturday. But I've put mine up on the Commons anyway. It just amused me... Tarquin Binary 15:14, 6 February 2006 (UTC)

Request for edit summary[edit]

Hi. I am a bot, and I am writing to you with a request. I would like to ask you, if possible, to use edit summaries a bit more often when you contribute. The reason an edit summary is important is because it allows your fellow contributors to understand what you changed; you can think of it as the "Subject:" line in an email. For your information, your current edit summary usage is 21% for major edits and 39% for minor edits. (Based on the last 150 major and 150 minor edits in the article namespace.)

This is just a suggestion, and I hope that I did not appear impolite. You do not need to reply to this message, but if you would like to give me feedback, you can do so at the feedback page. Thank you, and happy edits, Mathbot 13:31, 27 February 2006 (UTC)

Beer categories[edit]

Hi LoopZilla. It has been suggested by User:BrianSmithson that the Beer and brewery categories should be renamed. The proposal has been supported by User:Syrthiss, and supported and expanded by myself. The notion is that the regional categories should follow the format of "Beer and breweries in Africa" /Europe/Asia/North America/South America/Oceania. "Brewers and breweries" could also be renamed "Beer and breweries by region". And all the countries should also be renamed (and merged if needed) as, for example, "Beer and breweries of Germany", "Beer and breweries of Britain", "Beer and breweries of Poland". The word in each case would be beer rather than beers to allow for general articles on beer culture in each region as well as individual beers.

Comments, suggestions, objections and simple votes to Wiki Beer Project SilkTork 15:08, 3 April 2006 (UTC)

OCD[edit]

My disorder is telling me I have to leave a message here.  ;-) How are you anyway? -- Francs2000 12:32, 27 April 2006 (UTC)

Fine. I am free of much Wiki Madness now.... Gordo 13:17, 27 April 2006 (UTC)

Ixus[edit]

Nice one! I've been slowly collecting all the models of Ixus I can - my wife lets me as long as I sell them afterwards ;-) If that's the original unaltered camera image, you should note that on the Commons page, 'cos it makes you look like an even 'l33t3r photographer - David Gerard 10:34, 12 May 2006 (UTC)

OK David Gordo 10:43, 12 May 2006 (UTC)

Alexandria Quartet[edit]

Why do you think it's necessary for us to say that a work called a quartet - that is, four connected works - is a tetrology - that is, four connected works? - DavidWBrooks 10:21, 1 June 2006 (UTC)

"The Alexandra Quartet" suggests how many volumes? Yes, it could be 4 but it could be one! See tetralogy. Gordo 15:16, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
I'll admit I'm stumped to think of anything labelled "quartet" that isn't four works. - DavidWBrooks 18:28, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
"Once upon a time, a quartet of string players, based in Alexandra, went on tour in London and around Europe..." - with that plot synopsis, somebody could write a decent book, or a trilogy!! Gordo 22:31, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
Ah, I hadn't thought of that. - DavidWBrooks 23:46, 1 June 2006 (UTC)
And we can all edit :-) Gordo 06:52, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
I saw Gerald Durrell speak once and got him to sign a copy of "My Family and Other Animals" - not quite as cool as your story! - DavidWBrooks 10:04, 2 June 2006 (UTC)
Please don't tell anyone!! Gordo 09:26, 3 June 2006 (UTC)

Poll[edit]

Your vote/opinion on brewery notability is requested here: [1] SilkTork 12:11, 20 July 2006 (UTC)

Expand[edit]

WP:V and (to a lesser extent) WP:RS

M B[edit]

Mary Edith Barnes

Metro-land[edit]

Many thanks for your note. Best wishes. IXIA 18:05, 17 October 2006 (UTC)

Wow...[edit]

I put my name on that list months ago...

But thankyou for replying. Is there some place you guys are discussing stuff I'm not aware of? Because so far as I can see Wikimedia UK hasn't done anything since the October 9 meetup: what am I missing?Dev920 (check out this proposal) 15:52, 30 October 2006 (UTC)

License tagging for Image:Piglit3.jpg[edit]

Thanks for uploading Image:Piglit3.jpg. Wikipedia gets thousands of images uploaded every day, and in order to verify that the images can be legally used on Wikipedia, the source and copyright status must be indicated. Images need to have an image tag applied to the image description page indicating the copyright status of the image. This uniform and easy-to-understand method of indicating the license status allows potential re-users of the images to know what they are allowed to do with the images.

For more information on using images, see the following pages:

This is an automated notice by OrphanBot. If you need help on selecting a tag to use, or in adding the tag to the image description, feel free to post a message at Wikipedia:Media copyright questions. 16:07, 13 November 2006 (UTC)

Copyright problems with Image:Piglit3.jpg[edit]

An image that you uploaded, Image:Piglit3.jpg, has been listed at Wikipedia:Copyright problems because it is a suspected copyright violation. Please look there if you know that the image is legally usable on Wikipedia (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), and then provide the necessary information there and on its page, if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you.

Powers T 14:45, 16 November 2006 (UTC)

Meetup[edit]

Hello LoopZilla, I am in London at the moment and I understand that there is a meetup on the 2nd? Do you have any details? Would love to catch up with some UK Wikipedians, and this might be my last chance for a long time! - Ta bu shi da yu 08:34, 1 January 2007 (UTC)

BBC New Media photograph[edit]

Hi Gordon. Pleased to meet you on here! Would you like to upload the photograph yourself onto Commons so that you can give yourself the credit? Wikiwoohoo 10:38, 11 March 2007 (UTC)


How about this ?? [2]

Join us! ...er, me.[edit]

Hello Gordo! Can I convince you to join my little gang (couldn't be smaller, actually, it's just me) in Category:Wikipedians in east London?

Cheers, — Hex (❝?!❞) 23:34, 16 April 2007 (UTC)


Black Team[edit]

I have added a "{{prod}}" template to the article Black Team, suggesting that it be deleted according to the proposed deletion process. All contributions are appreciated, but I don't believe it satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion, and I've explained why in the deletion notice (see also "What Wikipedia is not" and Wikipedia's deletion policy). You may contest the proposed deletion by removing the {{dated prod}} notice, but please explain why you disagree with the proposed deletion in your edit summary or on its talk page. Also, please consider improving the article to address the issues raised. Even though removing the deletion notice will prevent deletion through the proposed deletion process, the article may still be deleted if it matches any of the speedy deletion criteria or it can be sent to Articles for Deletion, where it may be deleted if consensus to delete is reached. Caerwine Caer’s whines 01:35, 9 May 2007 (UTC)

Manchester meet up[edit]

Cheers for the note on the Manchester meet-up, too bad about the train fare :-( Just to let you know, there's plenty of room if people wish to stay at mine (bed/sofa) and as I see your coming up from London, it's save on a hotel fee. Just a suggestion, but your more than welcome! Ryan Postlethwaite 15:13, 14 May 2007 (UTC)

Thanks for the offer! Gordo 07:18, 15 May 2007 (UTC)

Little context in Daire Brehan[edit]

Information icon.svg

Hello, this is a message from an automated bot. A tag has been placed on Daire Brehan, by Penwhale (talk · contribs), another Wikipedia user, requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. The tag claims that it should be speedily deleted because Daire Brehan is very short providing little or no context to the reader. Please see Wikipedia:Stub for our minimum information standards for short articles.

To contest the tagging and request that administrators wait before possibly deleting Daire Brehan, please affix the template {{hangon}} to the page, and put a note on its talk page. If the article has already been deleted, see the advice and instructions at WP:WMD. Please note, this bot is only informing you of the nomination for speedy deletion, it did not nominate Daire Brehan itself. Feel free to leave a message on the bot operator's talk page if you have any questions about this or any problems with this bot. --Android Mouse Bot 2 00:56, 23 June 2007 (UTC)


Spam in Leaside Regeneration Limited[edit]

Information icon.svg

Hello, this is a message from an automated bot. A tag has been placed on Leaside Regeneration Limited, by another Wikipedia user, requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. The tag claims that it should be speedily deleted because Leaside Regeneration Limited is blatant advertising for a company, product, group, service or person that would require a substantial rewrite in order to become an encyclopedia article.

To contest the tagging and request that administrators wait before possibly deleting Leaside Regeneration Limited, please affix the template {{hangon}} to the page, and put a note on its talk page. If the article has already been deleted, see the advice and instructions at WP:WMD. Feel free to contact the bot operator if you have any questions about this or any problems with this bot, bearing in mind that this bot is only informing you of the nomination for speedy deletion; it does not perform any nominations or deletions itself. To see the user who deleted the page, click here CSDWarnBot (talk) 03:30, 25 December 2007 (UTC)

Hi - I've had to re-delete Leaside Regeneration Limited as "More information to follow" isn't really a valid reason to keep the page. Sorry! Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 13:43, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Thankyou - And to you sir - have a good one! Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 15:19, 25 December 2007 (UTC)

Barnstar[edit]

Barnstar-stone2-noback.png The Epic Barnstar
Awarded for your fine work on House Mill. Well done! Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 20:44, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
Thanks for that! Gordo (talk) 09:43, 26 December 2007 (UTC)

London Meetup[edit]

g2 Gordo (talk) Hi I posted the suggestion that we should have a London Wikipedia meetup next week here. Would be cool if we could get some people together. I was thinking either a social meet or maybe a collaboration meetup where we bring a selected London article up to GA or even FA status. Poeloq (talk) 00:47, 6 January 2008 (UTC)

Chrisp Street Tower Photo[edit]

Hi there.

I've recently used your photo of the Chrisp Street tower (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ee/ChrispStreetTower1.jpg/180px-ChrispStreetTower1.jpg), in a magazine advert I've designed for the market. However at the time I didn't really think there would be a problem with using the photo (and hopefully there's not). I'd really be grateful if you could let me know if what I've done is OK. It's a bit late now as it's gone ahead for print but it would help to put my mind at ease.

Hope you can put a reply up soon.

Anon —Preceding unsigned comment added by 194.201.98.210 (talk) 11:48, 30 January 2008 (UTC)

8th London WIkipedia Meetup: POSTPONED![edit]

Hi! I've decided to postpone the meetup pending a new date, as too many regulars / people who signed up have said that they will not likely make it. Please go over to the talk page and let's discuss a new date! Poeloq (talk) 01:39, 1 February 2008 (UTC)

Notability of Open Knowledge Foundation[edit]

Nuvola apps important.svg

A tag has been placed on Open Knowledge Foundation requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done because the article appears to be about a real person, organization (band, club, company, etc.), or web content, but it does not indicate how or why the subject is notable: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. Under the criteria for speedy deletion, articles that do not indicate the subject's importance or significance may be deleted at any time. Please see the guidelines for what is generally accepted as notable. If this is the first page that you have created, then you should read the guide to writing your first article.

If you think that you can assert the notability of the subject, you may contest the deletion by adding {{hangon}} to the top of the page (just below the existing speedy deletion or "db" tag), coupled with adding a note on the article's talk page explaining your position, but be aware that once tagged for speedy deletion, if the article meets the criterion it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself, but don't hesitate to add information to the article that would confirm the subject's notability under Wikipedia guidelines.

For guidelines on specific types of articles, you may want to check out our criteria for biographies, for web sites, for bands, or for companies. Feel free to leave a note on my talk page if you have any questions about this. Greatestrowerever (talk) 11:47, 13 February 2008 (UTC) --Greatestrowerever (talk) 11:47, 13 February 2008 (UTC)

Wikimeet[edit]

That's a good idea. Does your mobile number still end 96 or have you changed it since whenever you gave it to me? Thryduulf (talk) 14:03, 4 March 2008 (UTC)

Today's meeting[edit]

Hey Gordo, seems like only us two are left on the list...therefore it seems we will have to just let it be and try sometime other again. The demand for monthly meetings seems to be less than expected :O Hope you get this message in time, Poeloq (talk) 12:05, 8 March 2008 (UTC)

London meetup.[edit]

Hello, are you still coming to the meetup?--TheEgyptian (talk) 16:17, 8 March 2008 (UTC)

I'm sorry I couldn't make it on time. I was there at 6:15 and the guys overthere told me that you left.--TheEgyptian (talk) 12:40, 9 March 2008 (UTC)

scans[edit]

OS maps of various types, late victorain ships perhaps some other odds and ends.Geni 16:25, 1 April 2008 (UTC)

Sunday[edit]

Hey Gordo! I'm going to be a little late on Sunday, can you get the table and gather the crowds? Poeloq (talk) 11:55, 7 April 2008 (UTC)

OK Gordo (talk) 14:15, 8 April 2008 (UTC)

Re:Wikipedia:Meetup/London 8[edit]

It was great to meet you yesterday Bashereyre (talk) 10:23, 14 April 2008 (UTC)

Mutual! Gordo (talk) 21:27, 14 April 2008 (UTC)

June 8th. Wikipedia:Meetup/London 10[edit]

How was the Three Mills Loop last weekend then? Amazing weather for it.

Wikipedia:Meetup/London 9 was good. Reasonable turn out.

I went ahead and scheduled Wikipedia:Meetup/London 10 for same time same place on June 8th to establish the routine as you suggested. I've even batted away a few suggestions that it should be in different places at different times, but now I feel bad about railroading this because I realise I probably can't make it myself! Will you and/or User:Poeloq fly the flag and keep the events momentum going?

-- Harry Wood (talk) 12:00, 13 May 2008 (UTC)

Stick with the same venue, and I will also miss this one... ho hum. Gordo (talk) 21:18, 13 May 2008 (UTC)

Speedy deletion of Gonzogeography[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svg

Thank you for experimenting with Wikipedia. Your test worked, and the page that you created has been or soon will be deleted. Please use the sandbox for any other tests you want to do. Take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia.

If you think that this notice was placed here in error, you may contest the deletion by adding {{hangon}} to the top of the page that has been nominated for deletion (just below the existing speedy deletion or "db" tag), coupled with adding a note on the talk page explaining your position, but be aware that once tagged for speedy deletion, if the article meets the criterion it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself, but don't hesitate to add information to the article that would would render it more in conformance with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Lastly, please note that if the article does get deleted, you can contact one of these admins to request that a copy be emailed to you. tennisman 21:38, 30 May 2008 (UTC)


River Lee Navigation Locks and Weirs template[edit]

Hi Loopzilla. Thank you for your contributions. I've noticed Bow Locks hasn't been included in the above template. In your set of photographs it is clearly signed No20. Your thoughts on this please. Lastly as you seem familiar with the area could supply me with any information on the Bromley and Britannia Stop Locks- Limehouse Cut. Northmetpit (talk) 06:16, 10 July 2008 (UTC)

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The photos were the Flikr set. Thank you for the walks information, just the sort of thing I'm interested in, maybe the next time I'm in the area. Please take a look at this River Lee Navigation locks Cheers Northmetpit (talk) 13:44, 12 July 2008 (UTC)

Beer category decision[edit]

As you took part in the last Great Beer Cat Discussion, I thought you might be interested in this one: A discussion has been opened on changes that have been made to the existing Beer category system. The changes reverse the decision made by the Project in April 2006. The changes were based on agreement by only two people, and by a discussion that took place outside the Beer Project. There may be some merit in the changes, and to prevent future conflict it is important that there is some discussion of the matter. If you're interested, please see Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Beer#Brewery_cats. SilkTork *YES! 18:20, 14 July 2008 (UTC)

meetups[edit]

Nice to meet you too! I'm always glad to be in London :) And Wikimania was great. -- phoebe / (talk to me) 00:11, 26 July 2008 (UTC)

Invitation to Wikipedia meetup in London[edit]

Wikimedia UK logo

Date: 13:00 onwards, Sunday 10 August 2008

Venue: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn WC1 map

More information: Wikipedia:Meetup/London 12


Hello,

I noticed that you have listed yourself as a Wikipedian in London, so I thought you might like to come to one of our monthly social meetups. The next one is going to be on Sunday 10 August, which might well be rather short notice, but if you can't come this time, we try to have one every second Sunday of the month.

If you haven't been before, these meetups are mainly casual social events for Wikipedia enthusiasts in which we chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy. It's a great way to meet some very keen Wikipedians, but we'd also love for you to come along if you're interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, or other collaborative wiki projects too.

The location is a pub that is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe. Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!

Although the meetups are popular, many UK-based editors still don't know about them. It would be great to welcome some fresh faces, so I hope you can come along.

Yours,

James F. (talk) 09:27, 3 August 2008 (UTC)

Please forgive the slightly impersonal mass-invite!

WikiHow[edit]

Since you're part of a Wiki Project, How do I become part of A WikiProject I am really confused. Please reply on my page --RayqayzaDialgaWeird2210    14:32, 10 August 2008 (UTC)

In my case, I added {{User WikiprojectBeer}} to my user page.... Gordo (talk) 21:04, 10 August 2008 (UTC)


Abelian group[edit]

Take a look and tell me what you think. (Assuming of course I don't get reverted) Theresa Knott | The otter sank 21:58, 10 August 2008 (UTC)

I like it! Gordo (talk) 22:40, 10 August 2008 (UTC)
Others don't. Care to express an opinion? Talk:Abelian group Theresa Knott | The otter sank 06:43, 12 August 2008 (UTC)

Oxford Wikimania 2010 and Wikimedia UK v2.0 Notice[edit]

Hi,

As a regularly contributing UK Wikipedian, we were wondering if you wanted to contribute to the Oxford bid to host the 2010 Wikimania conference. Please see here for details of how to get involved, we need all the help we can get if we are to put in a compelling bid.

We are also in the process of forming a new UK Wikimedia chapter to replace the soon to be folded old one. If you are interested in helping shape our plans, showing your support or becoming a future member or board member, please head over to the Wikimedia UK v2.0 page and let us know. We plan on holding an election in the next month to find the initial board, who will oversee the process of founding the company and accepting membership applications. They will then call an AGM to formally elect a new board who after obtaining charitable status will start the fund raising, promotion and active support for the UK Wikimedian community for which the chapter is being founded.

You may also wish to attend the next London meet-up at which both of these issues will be discussed. If you can't attend this meetup, you may want to watch Wikipedia:Meetup, for updates on future meets.

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and we send our apologies for this automated intrusion onto your talk page!

Addbot (talk) 07:43, 31 August 2008 (UTC)

Wikimedia UK 2.0 Voting is open :-)[edit]

A warm hello to all those signed up as guarantor members of the soon-to-be-rebooted UK chapter! Voting is now open over at meta - there's tons of information online over there, and the mailing list has been very active too. Discussion, comment (and even the inevitable technical gremlins!) are most welcome at the meta pages, otherwise please do send in your vote/s, and tell a friend about the chapter too :-) Privatemusings (talk) 22:30, 20 September 2008 (UTC)I'm not actually involved in the election workings, and am just dropping these notes in to help try and spread the word :-) I welcome any or all comment too, but 'election related' stuff really is better suited to the meta pages :-)


Wikimedia UK v2.0[edit]

Hello! Thanks for showing an interest in Wikimedia UK v2.0. Formation of the company is currently underway under the official name "Wiki UK Limited", and we are hoping to start accepting membership in the near future. We have been drawing up a set of membership guidelines, determining what membership levels we'll have (we plan on starting off with just standard Membership, formerly known as Guarantor Membership, with supporting membership / friends scheme coming later), who can apply for membership (everyone), what information we'll collect on the application form, why applications may be rejected, and data retention. Your input on all of this would be appreciated. We're especially after the community's thoughts on what the membership fee should be. Please leave a message on the talk page with your thoughts.

Also, we're currently setting up a monthly newsletter to keep everyone informed about the to-be-Chapter's progress. If you would like to receive this newsletter, please put your username down on this page.

Thanks again. Mike Peel (talk) 20:04, 8 November 2008 (UTC) (Membership Secretary, Wikimedia UK [Proposed])

Bath Profile[edit]

Copyright-problem.svg

This is an automated message from CorenSearchBot. I have performed a web search with the contents of Bath Profile, and it appears to include a substantial copy of http://www.italypasta.info/wiki/Z39.50. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material; such additions will be deleted. You may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences.

This message was placed automatically, and it is possible that the bot is confused and found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article and it would be appreciated if you could drop a note on the maintainer's talk page. CorenSearchBot (talk) 11:00, 12 November 2008 (UTC)

OK....Gordo (talk) 11:10, 12 November 2008 (UTC)

Wiki UK Ltd Membership applications now invited![edit]

Hello,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Wiki UK Limited is now inviting membership applications! You can download the application form in PDF format from meta:Image:Wiki_UK_Ltd_membership_application_form.pdf

Information is given on the form about membership fees (£12/year standard, £6 for concessions); these need to be paid by cheque initially, although we hope to accept other forms of payment in the future. Applications should be submitted to me at the address given on the form. If you have any queries about the application process, please let me know.

We will formally start accepting members once we have a bank account, as we cannot process membership fees until that time. We will be submitting our application for a bank account in the very near future, and we hope to have this set up by the end of December at the latest.

Thank you for your support so far; I look forward to receiving your membership application.

Mike Peel (talk) 21:45, 19 November 2008 (UTC)

Membership Secretary, Wiki UK Limited

P.S. if you haven't already, please subscribe to our newsletter! See meta:Wikimedia_UK_v2.0/Newsletter for more information and to subscribe.

Wiki UK Limited is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. The Registered Office is at 23 Cartwright Way, Nottingham, NG9 1RL.

Edit[edit]

Gordo (talk) 13:18, 8 December 2008 (UTC)

Meetup[edit]

You may be interested: Wikipedia:Meetup/Manchester 4. Thanks, Majorly talk 18:51, 31 December 2008 (UTC)

And another here. Best, Majorly talk 19:20, 17 January 2009 (UTC)

Project RedLink Recovery[edit]

Hi Gordon, I thought I'd drop by and add a random red link. Is Coventry Cross notable enough to create an article? I can't think why it would be. If so it would need disambiguating, as the redirect you added is not the one intended for the link at William Hollyes. Cheers, Fayenatic (talk) 18:03, 26 January 2009 (UTC)

Digging up the past! Coventry Cross Estate now has a page; do you have a photo? – Fayenatic London 20:17, 10 May 2013 (UTC)

Wikimania Oxford bid[edit]

Some time ago you indicated your support of the Oxford 2010 Wikimania Bid, and it was recieved with much gratitude. I now ask if you could could help support our bid by contributing to the bid page that is located at: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2010/Bids/Oxford. Now is the critical period for work to continue on the bid as the official bidding period has now started and the jury has been formed.

I do not ask for huge swathes of time, just enough that with eveyrone working on this, it can be completed in time to the high standard required in a bid. For the bid page, an excellent source of information is the travel wiki article on the City of Oxford which is found at: http://wikitravel.org/en/Oxford. The chance of bringing Wikimania to the UK is the best so far and i expect the best chance for many years. With a fresh and stong UK chapter we have an amazing opportunity to put ourselves on the map. If you have any questions, please mail them to the Wikimedia UK mailing list, email me or post a message on my my talk page and i will answer as quickly as possible.

I look forward to working with you on the bid page. Many Thanks. Seddσn talk 15:10, 31 January 2009 (UTC)

North Woolwich Old Station Museum[edit]

Do you have any citable evidence that this is closed? —  Tivedshambo  (t/c) 07:19, 14 March 2009 (UTC)

Not yet. But I know it for a fact! Gordo (talk) 14:57, 16 March 2009 (UTC)
I have phoned 020 7474 7244 and the recorded message says it is closed. Gordo (talk) 15:05, 16 March 2009 (UTC)

Manchester 5[edit]

Hey there. I notice you were interested in Manchester 4; we're in the process of organising another one for some time in April. Hope you'll attend :). Ironholds (talk) 23:38, 20 March 2009 (UTC)

Meetup[edit]

A meetup is taking place in Manchester if you are interested. Majorly talk 18:47, 30 July 2009 (UTC)

Marshalsea[edit]

Hi Loopzilla, just to let you know that Marshalsea is at long last up for FA status; see here. I'm letting you know because two of your images are in it, and you got a credit in the nomination. I'm not letting you know to ask you to go there, though of course you're welcome to comment, but I don't want to seem as though I'm canvassing. :) I just thought you'd want to know that your name was mentioned. I may put it on the Wikiproject London page, which I think we're allowed to do. Cheers, SlimVirgin talk|contribs 10:31, 22 September 2009 (UTC)

Kool!!! Gordo (talk) 07:52, 23 September 2009 (UTC)

Autoreviewer[edit]

Hi, after reading one of your articles at newpage patrol, I was surprised to see that an editor who has contributed as many new articles as you have hadn't already been approved as an wp:Autoreviewer. So I've taken the liberty of rectifying that.

Thanks! Gordo (talk) 15:53, 21 December 2009 (UTC)

PS Wikipedia:Meetup/London 29 has been postponed to the 17th Jan, any interest to you? ϢereSpielChequers 14:59, 21 December 2009 (UTC)

Funny, I was just planning Sundays in Janury! Cheers! Gordo (talk) 15:53, 21 December 2009 (UTC)

About the ruler, I have it here in Bristol if you want to see it. --Duncanogi (talk) 18:34, 28 December 2009 (UTC)

Marshalsea[edit]

Hey, it's on the main page today, until 23:59 UTC. [3] :) SlimVirgin TALK contribs 15:57, 3 February 2010 (UTC)

Streets in the sky[edit]

Hi Gordo, I've proposed merging both deck access and streets in the sky into High-rise. Please discuss at Talk:Deck access. - Fayenatic (talk) 18:02, 3 February 2010 (UTC)

Now all three have been merged into tower block. - Fayenatic (talk) 12:24, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
Oh dear.... Gordo (talk) 07:32, 20 May 2010 (UTC)

You are now a Reviewer[edit]

Redaktor Wikipedia 600px.png

Hello. Your account has been granted the "reviewer" userright, allowing you to review other users' edits on certain flagged pages. Pending changes, also known as flagged protection, will be commencing a two-month trial at approximately 23:00, 2010 June 15 (UTC).

Reviewers can review edits made by users who are not autoconfirmed to articles placed under flagged protection. Flagged protection is applied to only a small number of articles, similarly to how semi-protection is applied but in a more controlled way for the trial.

When reviewing, edits should be accepted if they are not obvious vandalism or BLP violations, and not clearly problematic in light of the reason given for protection (see Wikipedia:Reviewing process). More detailed documentation and guidelines can be found here.

If you do not want this userright, you may ask any administrator to remove it for you at any time. Courcelles (talk) 03:39, 16 June 2010 (UTC)

OK. Gordo (talk) 08:01, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
Me too now! While it's new, there is probably lots of competition at the moment to catch something pending at Special:OldReviewedPages, but I got one just now. - Fayenatic (talk) 17:39, 18 June 2010 (UTC)

Proposed deletion of Nicholas Breach[edit]

Ambox warning yellow.svg

The article Nicholas Breach has been proposed for deletion because of the following concern:

WP:N: No secondary coverage on web, none at all in GNews. Possible through Google Books to verify his claim for being a major photographic contributor to one, probably both books, but that doesn't appear to meet WP:GNG or WP:ARTIST.

While all contributions to Wikipedia are appreciated, content or articles may be deleted for any of several reasons.

You may prevent the proposed deletion by removing the {{dated prod}} notice, but please explain why in your edit summary or on the article's talk page.

Please consider improving the article to address the issues raised. Removing {{dated prod}} will stop the proposed deletion process, but other deletion processes exist. The speedy deletion process can result in deletion without discussion, and articles for deletion allows discussion to reach consensus for deletion. je deckertalk 21:20, 27 June 2010 (UTC)

Speedy deletion nomination of Leon Redler[edit]

Ambox warning pn.svg

You may want to consider using the Article Wizard to help you create articles.

If this is the first article that you have created, you may want to read the guide to writing your first article.

A tag has been placed on Leon Redler requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done because the article, which appears to be about a real person, individual animal(s), an organization (band, club, company, etc.), or web content, does not indicate how or why the subject of the article is important or significant: that is, why an article about that subject should be included in an encyclopedia. Under the criteria for speedy deletion, articles that do not indicate the subject's importance or significance may be deleted at any time. Please see the guidelines for what is generally accepted as notable.

If you think that you can assert the notability of the subject, you may contest the deletion by adding {{hangon}} at the top of the article, immediately below the speedy deletion ({{db-...}}) tag (if no such tag exists, the page is no longer a speedy delete candidate), and providing your reasons for contesting on the article's talk page, but be aware that once tagged for speedy deletion, if the article meets the criterion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself. You may freely add information to the article that would confirm the subject's notability under Wikipedia guidelines.

You may want to read the guidelines for specific types of articles: biographies, websites, bands, or companies.  WORMMЯOW  12:49, 26 August 2010 (UTC)

UK Community Notice - IRC meeting[edit]

Dear Wikipedian,


This is the first of what will hopefully be a regular notice to help bring together the UK community so that you can be involved in some amazing things. To kick things off, there will be a UK community IRC meeting at 1800 UTC, December 7, 2010 to discuss the future growth and developement of Wikimedia UK. Without huge community support and involvement, the chapter cannot be successful and to get the most out of it, get involved.

For information on the community IRC meeting please go here


More to come about:

  • Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Events
  • 1st Annual UK Wiki-conference
  • Trustee interest meeting - an event for those community members with even just a fleeting interest in becoming trustees of Wikimedia UK.


Many Thanks

Joseph Seddon
User:Seddon

Delivered by WMUKBot (talk) on 05:34, 5 December 2010 (UTC)

UK IRC community meeting[edit]

Just a quick reminder about the IRC meeting at 1800 UTC tonight to bring together the Wikimedia community in the UK to help the growth and success of the UK chapter and community activities. For information see wmuk:Community_IRC_meetings

Many Thanks
Joseph Seddon
User:Seddon

Delivered by WMUKBot (talk) on 17:27, 7 December 2010 (UTC)

London Wikimedia Fundraiser[edit]

Good evening! This is a friendly message from Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry, inviting you to the London Wikimedia Fundraising party on 19th December 2010, in approximately one week. This party is being held at an artistic London venue with room for approximately 300 people, and is being funded by Ed Saperia, a non-Wikipedian who has a reputation for holding exclusive events all over London. This year, he wants to help Wikipedia, and is subsidising a charity event for us. We're keen to get as many Wikimedians coming as possible, and we already have approximately 200 guests, including members of the press, and some mystery guests! More details can be found at http://ten.wikipedia.org/wiki/London - expect an Eigenharp, a mulled wine hot tub, a free hog roast, a haybale amphitheatre and more. If you're interested in coming - and we'd love to have you - please go to the ten.wikipedia page and follow the link to the Facebook event. Signing up on Facebook will add you to the party guestlist. Entry fee is a heavily subsidised £5 and entry is restricted to over 18s. It promises to be a 10th birthday party to remember! If you have any questions, please email me at chasemewiki at gmail.com.

Hope we'll see you there, (and apologies for the talk page spam) - Chase me ladies, I'm the Cavalry (talk) 23:22, 12 December 2010 (UTC)

Scoundrels?[edit]

What do you mean, "Scoundrels!!!"? They are the ones removing citations! Or are they referring to another page? - Fayenatic (talk) 13:33, 28 January 2011 (UTC)

SOUNDRELLAS!!!

The Contribution Team cordially invites you to Imperial College London

All Hail The Muffin Nor does it taste nice... 14:19, 6 February 2011 (UTC)

Angel Place image[edit]

Hi Gordon, an image of yours is being discussed here if you have any interest. SlimVirgin TALK|CONTRIBS 21:44, 3 March 2011 (UTC)

Thanks Gordo (talk) 22:30, 3 March 2011 (UTC)


London meetup 46[edit]

We've got a couple of requests to change this back to the 12th would this be doable for you?©Geni 00:26, 18 May 2011 (UTC)

OK. Do it! Gordo (talk) 08:40, 18 May 2011 (UTC)

Millennium Mills[edit]

It's nice to see the Millennium Mills article created. I have been gearing up to it for about one year now, writing and uploading photos to commons (see User:France3470/sandbox9) although haven't quite managed to get to it yet. I have been researching the site quite extensively for a while now and have been working on a userspace article which encompasses most of this research. I just thought I would let you know some of the things I'm planning; it would be great to collaborate and share our knowledge of the site. I also live in London. At the moment I have plans to move my userspace draft, after a bit more editing to Grain Milling at the Royal Victoria Dock or a title along those lines. I should be able to finally get around to this sometime in the coming weeks, I have simply been unable to find the time required before. This article will (hopefully) include detailed information about all five flour mills formally at the site and their history. Since there is now an article on Millennium Mills, which I always thought could easily warrant it's own article, some of the information can perhaps be merged there. Would love to hear your thoughts, France3470 (talk) 15:29, 16 June 2011 (UTC)

I replied to the above on my own talk page.
Let's go for a WP:DYK! Did you know
I think only the last of the above is currently cited from a sufficiently reliable source. Jarre's concert would be more interesting but I cannot find a direct citation mentioning the Mills in WP:RS. I drafted the above suggestions earlier but we may be able to source a better hook using the citations in France's page. - Fayenatic (talk) 17:18, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
Nice work: I will continue to work on the article Gordo (talk) 14:03, 17 June 2011 (UTC)

DYK for Millennium Mills[edit]

The DYK project (nominate) 06:04, 24 June 2011 (UTC)

Speedy deletion nomination of File:The Cutty Sark 2005-01-24.jpg[edit]

A tag has been placed on File:The Cutty Sark 2005-01-24.jpg requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section F2 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because it is an image page for a missing or corrupt image or an empty image description page for a Commons-hosted image.

If you think that this notice was placed here in error, contest the deletion by clicking on the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". Doing so will take you to the talk page where you will find a pre-formatted place for you to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. You can also visit the the page's talk page directly to give your reasons, but be aware that once tagged for speedy deletion, if the page meets the criterion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag yourself, but don't hesitate to add information to the page that would render it more in conformance with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. Sfan00 IMG (talk) 22:39, 13 September 2011 (UTC)

Commons page edited. Gordo (talk) 08:00, 16 September 2011 (UTC)

Possibly unfree File:PigottStreetPlaque.jpg[edit]

A file that you uploaded or altered, File:PigottStreetPlaque.jpg, has been listed at Wikipedia:Possibly unfree files because its copyright status is unclear or disputed. If the file's copyright status cannot be verified, it may be deleted. You may find more information on the file description page. You are welcome to add comments to its entry at the discussion if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. Peter E. James (talk) 02:11, 12 January 2012 (UTC)

Bother, I hadn't noticed the above. Might be able to fix it myself in future – see Wikipedia:Requests for adminship/Fayenatic londonFayenatic (talk) 21:51, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
Gone! Gordo (talk) 22:37, 11 February 2012 (UTC)

"We have the technology... we can rebuild him"... I could restore it. But with great power comes great responsibility.

Have you seen this discussion? Wikipedia:Possibly unfree files/2012 January 6#File:PigottStreetPlaque.jpg This implies that there was also a version at Commons, but I don't think my powers will operate in that universe. Do you still have the original?

Meanwhile, here's my new sig. I guess it should be a P-plate, but that wouldn't go with my user name, and most Americans won't get it anyway. – Fayenatic L (talk) 22:17, 18 February 2012 (UTC)

Wibble Gordo (talk) 19:40, 19 February 2012 (UTC)
Wobble, but don't fall down.
I left a message for an admin about restoring it in wikipedia but he restored it in Commons, which is better of course. – Fayenatic L (talk) 22:03, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
That is very kind, but I intend to go out today, take a better picture, make sure that the image is uploaded to the Commons with full details of the licence and the author. Gordo (talk) 09:01, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
Ah! Well if you'd said it was that sort of wibble... – Fayenatic L (talk)

Computing infrastructure[edit]

Hi, I understand that you know something of computing. Please would you help to populate Category:Computing infrastructure? – Fayenatic London (talk) 16:41, 3 May 2012 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for September 17[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Black Path, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Hackney (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 11:10, 17 September 2012 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for October 15[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Giovanni Agusta, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Augusta (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 11:07, 15 October 2012 (UTC)

Dunhuang Project event[edit]

Hi Gordon,

Good to see you've signed up for the event! It's running over four days, and you're welcome to attend any or all; we're hoping to be working on it more or less continually through the period.

The two specific things we do have scheduled are a group of students from SOAS on the Wednesday afternoon (about 3pm, I think) and a smaller group of MA students from UCL on Thursday morning (about 10am). We'll be quite busy at these points, but if you're interested in helping novice contributors learn to use Wikipedia, this would be a good time to come along.

Thanks again for coming by on Friday! It was a great session, and we had some really good feedback afterwards. Andrew Gray (talk) 19:02, 18 October 2012 (UTC)

I like feedback! Gordo (talk) 20:52, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
In which case, enjoy... Andrew Gray (talk) 20:56, 18 October 2012 (UTC)

Greetings from the Equiano Centre[edit]

Hi!Leutha (talk) 14:00, 26 October 2012 (UTC)

Hi! Gordo (talk) 14:03, 26 October 2012 (UTC)

Good work on Desmond Buckle.Leutha (talk) 15:52, 26 October 2012 (UTC)

Thanks! Gordo (talk) 15:57, 26 October 2012 (UTC)

We are packing up now.Leutha (talk) 16:55, 26 October 2012 (UTC)

Greeting[edit]

Doesn't everyone? —Tamfang (talk) 17:44, 22 November 2012 (UTC)

Indeed.... Gordo (talk) 08:42, 23 November 2012 (UTC)

Technology Committee[edit]

Hey LoopZilla - I'm pinging everyone who said they might be interested in being on the Tech Committee to ask them to comment on the talk page about a first meet-up! Check it out and throw your hat into the ring when you have a mo?[4] Katherine Bavage (WMUK) (talk) 14:49, 9 January 2013 (UTC)

Update! Have started a doodle poll to organise the first meeting - check talk page with the link here Also, do point in direction of any other Wikimedians you think might be interested in joining...Katherine Bavage (WMUK) (talk) 15:58, 21 January 2013 (UTC)
Hi there - have just emailed the lists to say the next meeting is 12th Feb - I know you responded to say you couldn't do that evening but it was the next best choice after the 11th, the evening of which I can no longer do :( Really sorry - I really want your contribution so if you really want I can try and rearrange, or I can keep you updated around the meeting? Email me or message me, and of course, do get involved in drafting the agenda and so on :) Katherine Bavage (WMUK) (talk) 12:32, 7 February 2013 (UTC)
I am busy all Tuesday evening and all Thursday evenings Gordo (talk) 16:58, 7 February 2013 (UTC)

18th Feb?[edit]

We've rescheduled! Hopefully you can attend :) Katherine Bavage (WMUK) (talk) 11:40, 14 February 2013 (UTC)

UK Wikimedian of the Year 2013/Nominations[edit]

The Wikimedia UK AGM will be held in June, and nominations for the UK Wikimedian of the Year are currently open. If there is someone who you feel has made an important contribution to the UK Wikimedia movement in the last year please go ahead and nominate them here by 09:00 (BST) on Monday 20th May at the latest. Richard Nevell (WMUK) (talk) 13:38, 17 May 2013 (UTC)

June 2013 Tech Comm[edit]

Hey Loopzilla! So, we were going to try and have a Tech Comm at the AGM but events intervened (we got too intensely embroiled in the pub quiz) If you fancy coming to one next week as an evening telecon then fill in this doodle before Friday! :) Katherine Bavage (WMUK) (talk) 09:49, 10 June 2013 (UTC)

TopPop[edit]

This is an automated message from MadmanBot. I have performed a web search with the contents of TopPop, and it appears to include material copied directly from http://toppop.net/pictures.

It is possible that the bot is confused and found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article. The article will be reviewed to determine if there are any copyright issues.

If substantial content is duplicated and it is not public domain or available under a compatible license, it will be deleted. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material. You may use such publications as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. See our copyright policy for further details. (If you own the copyright to the previously published content and wish to donate it, see Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials for the procedure.) MadmanBot (talk) 19:00, 14 June 2013 (UTC)

Disambiguation link notification for June 15[edit]

Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited TopPop, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Tom Browne (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.

It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 11:13, 15 June 2013 (UTC)

Speedy deletion nomination of Schuyler Erle[edit]

A tag has been placed on Schuyler Erle, requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done for the following reason:

— It may meet two of Wikipedia's speedy-deletion criteria. See my explanation on the talk page.

Under the criteria for speedy deletion, articles that do not meet basic Wikipedia criteria may be deleted at any time.

If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, you can place a request here. Unforgettableid (talk) 23:43, 28 August 2013 (UTC)

WMUK members survey[edit]

Hello Loopzilla. I just wanted to say I am today drawing a few specific people's attention to this as something I'm going to develop in the next couple of weeks. I'll announce on the Water cooler and mailing lists but I'm flagging it up to people who have been involved with membership matters or had strong feelings about last years survey questions particularly in relation to anonymity of respondents. - both non and current members. Please do throw in some thoughts or edit the questions as they develop :-)

Sorry, you have the wrong user. Gordo (talk) 08:15, 15 October 2013 (UTC)

DYK for Art Nouveau furniture[edit]

Materialscientist (talk) 05:20, 12 December 2013 (UTC)

Well started! – Fayenatic London 11:31, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
Another fine edit from you! Gordo (talk) 17:10, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
Here's another fine edit you've gotten me into! – Fayenatic London 23:49, 13 December 2013 (UTC)

January 2014[edit]

Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to The Red Shoes (1948 film) may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 "()"s. If you have, don't worry: just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.

List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page:
  • In 2013, Korean Pop Singer IU, in her lead single "Red Shoes 분홍신)" from the third album "Modern Times", referenced the plot in her music video.<ref>[http://www.

Thanks, BracketBot (talk) 12:09, 1 January 2014 (UTC)

Happy New Year LoopZilla![edit]

Fireworks in Jaén (cropped).jpg
Happy New Year!
Hello LoopZilla:
Thanks for all of your contributions to improve the encyclopedia for Wikipedia's readers, and have a happy and enjoyable New Year! Cheers, – Fayenatic London 14:58, 3 January 2014 (UTC)


Peace sign.svg


Send New Year cheer by adding {{subst:Happy New Year 2014}} to user talk pages with a friendly message.

Time to archive again yet? Or are you going for 10 years on one page? – Fayenatic London 14:58, 3 January 2014 (UTC)

Invitation to help at training editathon at the Royal Society - March 25th[edit]

Hi, Would you be interested in helping new editors at this event - Wikipedia:WikiProject Royal Society/Diversity in Science Edit-a-thon, Royal Society, March 25, 2014? The whole event lasts from 2-9pm, but the key periods for helpers are about 2.45-5.20 and 6.60-9.00 pm, when they are all actually editing. An extra hand at any parts of these periods would be very useful. If you can make it, please sign up at the event page, & I will need your name for reception (can be kept private if that's an issue). Nice cake & sandwiches! Alternatively, if you can think of any other Wikipedians who might be able to do it, please pass on, or let me have your suggestions. Thanks, Johnbod or Wiki at Royal Society John (talk) 15:50, 20 March 2014 (UTC)