Hi, This is just my talk page, feel free to leave any advice on my edits or ask for help on anything. If you feel I've abused my administrative or BAG powers, please see User:MBisanz/Recall for further instructions to request their removal.
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 5 days may be automatically moved. here. An archive index is available here.|
- 1 Request to Restore Sonu Ahluwalia Wikipedia Article
- 2 Request to Reinstate Bentley Systems Wikipedia article, please
- 3 Extended confirmed protection
- 4 Request for Bot re-approval
- 5 Your submission at Articles for creation: Bentley Systems (September 26)
- 6 AfC notification: Draft:Bentley Systems has a new comment
- 7 Deletion review for Global Cycling Network
- 8 Deletion review for Bentley Systems
- 9 The Signpost: 29 September 2016
Request to Restore Sonu Ahluwalia Wikipedia Article
On August 12 2016, you had deleted the article for Dr. Sonu Ahluwalia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Sonu_S._Ahluwalia - and I am requesting a review and consideration for reinstating the page. Discussion on the article mentioned him being a non notable doctor, but there are sources online that can be used to support him as being a notable doctor. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Please submit a new version of the article at WP:AFC so that a third party can evaluate the sources. MBisanz talk 00:27, 29 September 2016 (UTC)
Request to Reinstate Bentley Systems Wikipedia article, please
On July 7, 2016, you had deleted the Bentley Systems Wikipedia article and I would like to ask you to review my request for reinstating the page on the talk page for the deleted article located here (I didn't want to junk up your personal Talk page :-).
Thank you for your time! I'm new to Wikipedia so I apologize if I didn't follow procedures properly. I just wanted to be sure that you did see my talk post for the deleted page.
- There is a restored copy of the article at User:MBouch16/Bentley Systems. Add the new sources you found to the article, and then submit it to WP:AFC, where it will be reviewed for reinstatement. MBisanz talk 13:01, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
--MBisanz Thank you so much! I very much appreciate the quick response :-). I do have a question for you that I hope you don't mind answering. On the WP:AFC page, do I need to click on "Click here to Create an article Now" button and rebuild the article? Or, is there a trick to editing the restored copy that you copied over to my user account and then submitting that? I'm fine with rebuilding it if need be. Sorry, I tried figuring it out myself. There's a lot to learn here and I want to be careful not to do anything I am not supposed to do and that I do this correctly. Thanks!
I have another question for you...I don't want to change the article too much as not to break any conflict of interest rules. One of the reasons the page was deleted was for issues with notability and in the talk section of the deleted page, I listed many, many external references (200+) to Bentley systems, however, I wanted to list these references for the person creating the new article to use for their research and not add them all to the article myself thereby junking up the article. I think the page would look pretty hideous if I listed all the references I had (200+) saying.
So, my question is, do I update the page you copied over to me with the bare minimum to get it back up again, and then add my huge list of references in the talk page for the person creating the article to reference for notability and let them add what they feel is important to the article? Or should I submit the whole shebang (200+ references and all) and let the person reviewing the article trim the fat? Thanks!
So, I saved a recent version of hidden page you restored for me here to show you what I mean: User:MBouch16/Bentley Systems. Pay special notice to section 5 labeled "For The Wikipedia Admin Creating this article - PLEASE READ". Is something like this acceptable for an article submission? I don't expect the article to have the items listed this way, I just wanted to give the article writer references for their research.
Please do not submit yet as I am not finished. I just wanted to see if I am on the right track. Thank you!
- I would leave out the Section 5 reference; maybe put it on the talk page. I also would not include all 200 citations that reference the company. I would focus on citations that discuss the company in detail, like "Bentley Systems at 30". A three paragraph article with 10 solid citations is better than a five paragraph article with a list of 100 references. MBisanz talk 18:03, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
--MBisanz Hi, I have completed the article for Bentley Systems located at User:MBouch16/Bentley Systems. Could you please assist me with getting this submitted to WP:AFC like you mentioned in one of your comments above? Please let me know if there is anything else that you need from me. I would like to get this page in the queue for reinstatement as soon as possible as I understand that this may take a while to get reviewed. Thank you so much for all your help! --MBouch16 (talk) 19:23, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
--Hi MBisanz, I haven't heard back as I am sure you are busy. Is there anything I can do to get this page at least submitted into the queue? I'm happy to do it. I'm just not sure what to do. Thank you! --MBouch16 (talk) 17:35, 19 September 2016 (UTC)
--MBisanz Hi! Hope you are doing well. Just checking in on my two previous requests to get your help on submitting User:MBouch16/Bentley Systems to WP:AFC? Help, please? Thanks! --MBouch16 (talk) 15:25, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- I submitted it for review at Draft:Bentley Systems. You may continue editing it there. MBisanz talk 15:42, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
--MBisanz Hi, again. I received notification from SwisterTwister talk that the article you assisted me with submitting was rejected. I am in total confusion at this point. I spent weeks gathering external references and citations and worked with you (thank you, btw) to make sure I stayed on track. I am just not understanding why the Bentley Systems article that has been on Wikipedia since 2004 suddenly gets deleted after 12 years? I supplied many verifiable external references to prove notability for everything that is currently on the page (which wasn't changed much) and it still got rejected. I am not understanding how a $600+ million company who has been referenced in books and news articles is not considered notable. I'm in doubt that the citations and references I supplied were actually reviewed. Honestly, if none of the references that I provided don't provide notability, then I am at a total loss here.
I would like to take the next step and request a formal appeal to reinstate the Bentley Systems article page. Also, I have been informed that SwisterTwister talk or yourself is WP:INVOLVED by @PamD:. You can see the discussion here where she left a comment on my request for advice on this AFC submission. I would like to kindly ask that whatever the next step is, that SwisterTwister talk or yourself (if that's who @PamD: referenced) is not part of the review process due to the fact that either of you may be WP:INVOLVED. I would like this page reviewed by another admin that has never been involved with this article as I feel that something is not right here.
Could you please advise on how I may move forward with the appeal process if you don't have any other options for me at this time? Again, many thanks for your assistance. I'm just trying my best here to do what's right and get the Bentley Systems article back up. Thank you. --MBouch16 (talk) 16:57, 26 September 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
Request for Bot re-approval
Heya. After a few years break from Wikipedia I finally have some time to do projects I've wanted to do. The first one on my list is my bot for WP:LINKROT. I have already gotten approval for this, but because I was away (and in that time the tool server was taken down) the bot stopped working and was marked inactive. Could I get that bot flag back? --Tim1357 talk| 04:50, 25 September 2016 (UTC)
- Can you point me at the original approval? MBisanz talk 11:33, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation: Bentley Systems (September 26)
AfC notification: Draft:Bentley Systems has a new comment
Deletion review for Global Cycling Network
An editor has asked for a deletion review of Global Cycling Network. Because you closed the deletion discussion for this page, speedily deleted it, or otherwise were interested in the page, you might want to participate in the deletion review. Optakeover(U)(T)(C) 09:39, 27 September 2016 (UTC)
Deletion review for Bentley Systems
An editor has asked for a deletion review of Bentley Systems. Because you closed the deletion discussion for this page, speedily deleted it, or otherwise were interested in the page, you might want to participate in the deletion review. MBouch16 (talk) 15:05, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
- This was the right choice. Sorry I could not be of more help. MBisanz talk 00:28, 29 September 2016 (UTC)
The Signpost: 29 September 2016
- News and notes: Case study of Wikimedia Education Program published; remembrance of departed colleague Ray Saintonge (Eclecticology)
- In the media: This edition's roundup of media coverage
- Featured content: Three weeks in the land of featured content
- Arbitration report: Arbcom looking for new checkusers and oversight appointees while another case opens
- Traffic report: From Gene Wilder to JonBenét: Four weeks of traffic
- Technology report: Category sorting and template parameters