Hi, This is just my talk page, feel free to leave any advice on my edits or ask for help on anything. If you feel I've abused my administrative or BAG powers, please see User:MBisanz/Recall for further instructions to request their removal.
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 5 days may be automatically moved. here. An archive index is available here.|
- 1 Outstanding contributions recognition
- 2 Review:Dice Ailes
- 3 Getting caught up in Global Blocks
- 4 May 24: WikiWednesday Salon and Skill-Share NYC
- 5 Deletion review for Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
- 6 Question about Stratajet deletion
Outstanding contributions recognition
Good Day MBisanz, an article you deleted in 2016, due to lack of WP:GNG Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dice Ailes. I wrote an article on that same subject but this time it meet's WP:GNG criteria's and it has been discussed extensively by independent reliable sources and He has been been nominated by major music award's. It got nominated for the second time Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dice Ailes (2nd nomination) after it meet's it criteria this time.
reliable source: Newspaper's & Magazine's
- P.M. News = 
- Tush Magazine = 
- Pulse Nigeria = 
- 360 Nob's = 
- Nigerian Tribune = 
- OkayAfrica = 
It was also said it fail's WP:MUSICBIO in it's first nomination for deletion made in 2016 and also on it's second deletion nomination made last week Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dice Ailes (2nd nomination) which is still active.
- The article meet's WP:MUSICBIO criteria (1, 8, 10, 11 and 12)
- Criteria 1 = Has been the subject of multiple, non-trivial, published works appearing in sources that are reliable, not self-published, and are independent of the musician or ensemble itself
- Criteria 8 = He has won or been nominated for a major music award, such as The Headies 2016 Award. He was nominated for Rookie of The Year.
- Criteria 10 = He has performed music for a work of media that is notable, e.g Felabration 2016 and also inclusion on a notable compilation album know as The Indestructible Choc Boi Nation on two major song's "Drank" and "Oh No No".
- Criteria 11 = Has been placed in rotation nationally by a major radio Rhythm 93.7 FM Lagos and also his new song "Ella" was titled "Rhythm Hit Song Of The Week" for April 2017 hit list 
- Criteria 12 = He has been a featured subject of a substantial broadcast segment across a national radio know as The Beat 99.9 FM on a show popularly known as "The Drive Time Show", a radio show hosted by Gbemi Olateru Olagbegi  and TV network known as Channels TV on an interview with them 
With all this i have been able to put together to show you the subject "Dice Ailes" can have a stand alone article and it's not a case of WP:TOOSOON. Please make a review for the article, thank you.--Obari2Kay (talk) 11:27, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
Getting caught up in Global Blocks
As a registered user for many years, retired ArbCom clerk and retired en-wiki Administrator (voluntarily due to reduced activity), I was surprised to get caught up in a global block which prevented me from making any changes on any wikis, both talkpages and user talkpages, including the page to request IP block exemption on Meta, and talk pages of stewards.
I sent an email to the stewards mailing list on the 9th of May, to which I received no reply. I sent a further message on the 16th, as well as to the blocking administrator. Again, no reply.
Clearly something has changed which allows me to post on en-Wiki as well as fr-Wiki, which was not the case, but I'm still completely blocked on Meta.
Details of the block are as follows:
Your account or IP address has been blocked. 22.214.171.124/16, you have been blocked by Matanya until 15:03, 28 May 2017, because: This IP address is being used for spam. If you are a legit user affected by this block please email firstname.lastname@example.org. What can I do now? You can email Matanya or another administrator (list) to contest the block. You cannot use the email this user feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences, has been confirmed, and you are not disallowed from using it while blocked. Your current IP address is [redacted] and the block ID is #104125. Please include this in any queries. Blocked users can edit their own user talk page, unless specifically disallowed from doing so (if you are not logged in as a registered user, this will be the talk page for your IP address). You can add [code] to your user talk page to request unblocking. If the block reason seems unrelated to you, it is possible you were affected by a software feature known as the autoblock. In that case, contact an administrator and they will do their best to remove the autoblock. Please note that, for technical reasons, removing the autoblock is not always possible. In such cases, you may need to wait 24 hours for the autoblock to expire. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have happened.
Please could you investigate and help me to avoid this recurring in the future.
|Wednesday May 24, 7pm: WikiWednesday Salon and Skill-Share NYC|
You are invited to join the Wikimedia NYC community for our monthly "WikiWednesday" evening salon (7-9pm) and knowledge-sharing workshop at Babycastles gallery by 14th Street / Union Square in Manhattan.
We will include a look at the organization and planning for our chapter, and expanding volunteer roles for both regular Wikipedia editors and new participants.
We will also follow up on plans for recent and upcoming edit-a-thons, museum and library projects, education initiatives, and other outreach activities.
We welcome the participation of our friends from the Free Culture movement and from all educational and cultural institutions interested in developing free knowledge projects.
After the main meeting, pizza/chicken/vegetables and refreshments and video games in the gallery!
We especially encourage folks to add your 5-minute lightning talks to our roster, and otherwise join in the "open space" experience! Newcomers are very welcome! Bring your friends and colleagues! --Pharos (talk) 19:31, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for NYC-area events by adding or removing your name from this list.)
Deletion review for Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia
An editor has asked for a deletion review of Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia. Because you closed the deletion discussion for this page, speedily deleted it, or otherwise were interested in the page, you might want to participate in the deletion review.
Question about Stratajet deletion
Hi, can you please advise on how to get the Stratajet page that I drafted up and running again? I don't understand how the page differs from that of JetSmarter, for example, a similar private jet booking company, which has a valid wiki page. A number of the reasons cited for deleting the Stratajet page are that the references are based too much on PR. But so are the ones in the [JetSmarter] page and this still stands.
I believe the article to be of significance and, as above, believe the sources to be credible, but would happily attempt to redraft it from a neutral point of view, if that is what is required.
- James, it doesn't matter if another company has an article because it could be the case that the JetSmarter's article will be similarly nominated for deletion in the future. For Stratajet to have an article, it would need more coverage in third-party sources that are unaffiliated with the company and would need to be written from a neutral tone. MBisanz talk 17:55, 29 May 2017 (UTC)