User talk:Malik Shabazz/Archive 28
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 27||Archive 28||Archive 29|
- 1 why you deleted my page ?
- 2 Deletion of Neo - French band.
- 3 Dimadick talk page
- 4 Elijah Allan-Blitz
- 5 Richard Seton Reynolds, Jr.
- 6 Aviana Airways
- 7 White privilege article
- 8 Erin Martin
- 9 Deletion of David Wind Wikipedia page
- 10 Krispy Kreme
- 11 Jekejeke Prolog
- 12 When the Morning Comes
- 13 Pattison Sign Group
- 14 Eddie Torres bio
- 15 The Signpost: 14 May 2012
- 16 Antonella Ponce article
- 17 Dewart Lake
- 18 Reds–Cardinals rivalry
- 19 Help requested
- 20 deletion of EBIPM
- 21 RINJ
- 22 Eliot Lewis of Hall & Oates
- 23 DCorp
- 24 A barnstar for you!
- 25 guidance
- 26 D on X
- 27 AfD comment
- 28 Deletion of Cristina Rad
- 29 The Signpost: 21 May 2012
- 30 Lou Reed photos on Commons
- 31 Geshem and Tal
- 32 image i uploaded to corporate knights page
- 33 FYI - 74.198.*.*
- 34 Sofia Vergara
- 35 Battle of Grunwald (painting)
- 36 Inappropriate edit summary
- 37 Traackr Page
- 38 Ringgold Inc
- 39 About an article.
- 40 Kozak System
- 41 Antony Polonsky
- 42 Speedy deletion declined: Ron shimshilashvili
- 43 1948 Palestinian exodus
- 44 Ron_shimshilashvili
- 45 A barnstar for you!
- 46 Idslot
- 47 Double standard
- 48 File:James Kwesi Appiah, 2012.jpg
- 49 re: the standards for speedy-deletion
- 50 Articles For Creation: Local Splash
- 51 RfD
- 52 Re: Eleven O'Clock News CSD
- 53 Sophie Sumner to Annaliese Dayes
- 54 The Signpost: 28 May 2012
- 55 Soapbox removal
- 56 new draft of article
- 57 Ron_shimshilashvili
- 58 Page move
why you deleted my page ?
can you help me what was wrong with that ?
- Please read User:Malik Shabazz/CSD#G11. California Turkish American Chamber of Commerce was written like an advertisement and didn't have the tone one expects to find in an encyclopedia article. Please be aware that repeatedly creating the same article, even under a different name, will not solve the problem. Instead, write a new article summarizing in your own words what reliable sources have written about the California Turkish American Chamber of Commerce. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 13:23, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
Deletion of Neo - French band.
I recently got a speedy deletion tag on my page, not long after submitting the page.
I was very disappointed and confused by this as I worked hard on the article and did extensive research on matter involved.
The issue involved the band having no significance, but the band is a obscured band which seems to be of a cult status presumably.
However I don't understand why it was felt by the concerned parties involved why this was the case as "Neo" are a genuine band with a legitimate album release, one of their record companies was a French record company called Musea, who do have a Wikipedia article.
Like a lot of Progressive Rock bands they are of a cult status or quite obscure, but have yet found bands or artists in a similar situation with articles on Wikipedia, with similar backgrounds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_(French_band) - this is the page in regard I am writing about.
There was a talk page for this article, in where I did defend a similar case, but I never got a chance to see if there was a reply, but I never knew if there was because the page was deleted to prior of me having a chance to find out.
I would like an explanation or some kind of clarification of the reason why my article for this band was deleted and rejected.
Thank you for reading this and hope to hear from you.
- Please read User:Malik Shabazz/CSD#A7. Being an obscure band is precisely the opposite of being significant or important. Let me know if reliable sources have written about Neo, and we can discuss restoring the article. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 13:26, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
Dimadick talk page
Just so you know. Everytime I posted, my browser flipped to the Wikimedia Error page, telling me the server is busy. I had no idea any of those posts took. I've tried to take them out. I still get the Wikimedia Error page when I click "Save Page". Hopefully, I took the extra posts out. But this is odd. It only happens on that user's talk page. Maile66 (talk) 21:16, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
I would like there to be a page about him, but I am not good at writing. He is a singer from Santa Barbara, he does duets with artists such as Bishop Lamont. He has an album and many singles out. Super talented, also a humanitarian. Please repost it, or even gather info on him. Thanks Evaenriquez (talk) 04:28, 11 May 2012 (UTC) Eva Enriquez
- The page I deleted said "Awesome entertainer/rookie." If you can't write an article yourself, I recommend you make a request at WP:Requested articles. Please be aware that there is a backlog on that page. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 04:39, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
Richard Seton Reynolds, Jr.
I am glad to see that you are on top of your game and review articles in a quick manner.
Being unaware of the "A7" terms (my fault for not reading everything) I was surprised when I came back to my work today from yesterday to find it gone. After reviewing the terms, what if I made a page with the significance of showing deceased military records for persons of interest with the surname of "Reynolds" and manage to keep this information public? As you can probably tell, I am my family's genealogist and would like to have our family members have a location easily accessible to learn about our heroes. If not, I will simply have to create a web page elsewhere which is not a big deal, just thought it might be nice to have some sort of access that is available to anyone, anywhere since most places do not block Wiki.
If this is unable to be accomplished, please just let me know. I am just glad this happened earlier rather than later when I had added in most of the rest of my family tree. lol. Thank you for your time and assistance.
- In order to qualify for an encyclopedia article on Wikipedia, a person must be "notable". Please see WP:BIO, the relevant notability guideline. In short, in order to be notable, a person must be the subject of coverage in reliable sources. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 13:36, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
You had reverted my edits to Aviana Airways yesterday a few times. I want to notify you that the "Aviana Airways" is also the name of a Las Vegas, Nevada based Incorporated company which currently exist. The previous reference to Aviana Airways directed this reference to "Royal Bengal Airlines" which is a defunct airline that no longer exist, has filed for bankruptcy (in October 2010 in the UK), and is no longer operating. The wiki reference page is to "Royal Bengal Airlines" is out-of-date and does not reflect this update and information. On the other hand, Aviana Airways is a functioning company with airline assets and affiliates in Fiji and American Samoa - a holding company that impacts the lives of many islanders who require air transportation to get to civilization(try living on a small remote island and you will have an appreciate of airplanes and any boat that arrives). That is our impact to humanity and the South Pacific.
I request that you not remove the information on wikipedia for Aviana Airways as you are depriving others of accurate, up-to-date information.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- In order to qualify for an encyclopedia article, a company must be "notable". Please see WP:COMPANY, the relevant notability guideline. Royal Bengal Airlines satisfies the notability requirements. I can't find any indication that the new Aviana Airways does. Furthermore, Royal Bengal Airlines was a functioning airline that flew actual airplanes. How many flights has Aviana Airways flown? Until there is sufficient coverage to indicate that Aviana Airways is notable, I recommend that the page continue to redirect to the article about Royal Bengal Airlines. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 13:44, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- This is a technicality. Inter Island Airways in American Samoa operates aircraft as an airline. Inter Island Airways in American Samoa currently has ownership in the Fiji Airline which it is using it's current aircraft to operate. The airlines are shifting and adding licenses. Secondly, Inter Island Airways Fiji was just granted verbal approval to be the 2nd "Scheduled" domestic air carrier to operate in Fiji - a designation that has not happened since 2006 and a significant event given that Fiji is under military government rule and are scheduled to go into democratic elections in 2014. This is also a significant event given that an external, US based airline is able to go into Fiji and operate domestically - a first for Fiji. As for Royal Bengal Airlines, it should stand on its own (as it has with its reference "Royal Bengal Airline" which you can search today on). If you were to travel to Fiji today and ask everyone around; News Media (Fiji Sun), Aviation officials in Fiji, the Ministry and Government about Inter Island Airways and Aviana Airways, the Fijian population is well aware of this airline. Unfortunately, many individuals outside of Fiji are not informed and lack the information. So it baffles me that people (who have the power to censor and remove articles and information on wiki) are making decisions on what to post on Wiki such as "Aviana Airways" yet are not close the the actual facts and information. Isn't Wikipedia about providing real informed information? You may want to lookup the Aviana Airways incorporation papers in Delaware before making any decisions. You may want to also know that Inter Island Airways (Fiji) Limited was incorporated in Fiji in 2010 and classified as an airline company and an extension of Inter Island Airways in American Samoa. You may also want to know that Inter Island Airways aircraft have flown into Fiji (photos on the web and newspapers). Are you not aware that Aviana Airways is a "holding company" affiliated with Inter Island Airways in American Samoa? The article explicitly states that. Are you not aware that holding companies actually control subsidiaries (in this case, airlines) that actually operate and fly? Are we starting to become a bunch of individuals who are now censoring (versus validating) information? Where is the democracy here when you have the power to suppress the truth? With over 6 billion people in the world, why do we have a few that control and censor information? I thought wiki was about the masses providing "real" information for the whole. Should we rethink our process here or is it, we just didn't have enough information at the time to make the decisions versus asking? Isn't democracy about asking and probing too? Isn't democracy about being able to be challenged without being removed? What may be "not" notable to you as an individual is notable and significant to 830,000 Fijians! - Barneysene228 (talk) 19:59, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- So I take it that all your bluster is a way of saying I'm right: the new Aviana Airways does not satisfy WP:COMPANY. No, this is not "a technicality", it is the basis on which Wikipedia decides whether a company qualifies for an encyclopedia article. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:10, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
White privilege article
I'm not sure I have analyzed your recent change correctly, however it seems you have eliminated this source (http://data.psych.udel.edu/abelcher/Shared%20Documents/6%20General%20Diversity%20Issues%20(15)/Powell.pdf), which I just read for the first time and found impressive. The oblique reference to affirmative action was clumsy, however perhaps it does belong in the article in another context in the sense that affirmative action is associated with attempts, based on white guilt and (mostly unconscious) self-perception of white privilege, to make things right. Personally I believe affirmative action has been mostly destructive, rather than helpful, in our societal odyssy towards racial justice; I know many white people, even those who affirm the existence of white privilege, share my belief.
I wonder if we might include some of what the deleted article discusses, tying it (as the author does) to affirmative action. Or perhaps we might simply use it elsewhere. Hate to see it lost. My best to you. Apostle12 (talk) 19:14, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry. I thought both references were to the same article. I'll restore the second part and its source. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:25, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
Sorry, I'm kinda new here and confuse on how Wiki works.
At Deletion Logs, it says that you deleted Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Erin Martin (G6: Housekeeping and routine (non-controversial) cleanup (CSDH))
So I wanna know what is that means. And, is the page officially reviewed?
- I deleted Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Erin Martin because that page was a duplicate of the article you created at Erin Martin. The Erin Martin article appears to have been reviewed by other editors; I can tell this by looking at the page's edit history. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 14:02, 13 May 2012 (UTC)
Deletion of David Wind Wikipedia page
Can I ask why you deleted the page about our CEO, David Wind? He runs a national organization devoted to residential mortgages, has been in business since 1992 and used to work as an attorney at the New York State Attorney General's office. He is a national leader in the mortgage industry and definitely fits with the "People in Business" category.
Thank you in advance for your reply.
- Please read User:Malik Shabazz/CSD#A7. The article didn't explain what made Mr. Wind important or significant. If reliable sources have written about Mr. Wind (articles about him, not an interview with him or articles about his company), please let me know and we can discuss restoring the article. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 14:02, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your message. I've restored the article, Rapper Krispy Kreme, because he was the subject of a Huffington Post article. Krispy Kreme does not appear to satisfy WP:BIO (our notability guideline), however, and his article may be deleted because it has no sources. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:51, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
The speedy deletion request was not in good faith. It was an attempt to cover up misbehavior. See Jan Burse's history of tampering with the AfD discussion to disguise his original vote, his original reasoning and his motivations. He deleted a number of comments of mine without copying them to the Talk page. He deleted his own case for keeping the article. He deleted my comments where I pointed out his misbehavior. Yakushima (talk) 16:13, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- And now, he's taunting me for lacking evidence. (presented as a diff because, given his history, he's likely to delete it from his talk page.) Bring the AfD back, with its history, and you'll see. Yakushima (talk) 16:19, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
Everything is recorded at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jekejeke_Prolog
- I'm sorry, but I don't believe your deletion request is being made in good faith. Please see WP:G7. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:30, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- My speedy delete request still stands. It is only an opinion of yours that there is some problems with good faith. Discussion on the deletion of the article is untempered preserved here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Jekejeke_Prolog Sooner or later the article will be deleted. So you anyway have to lookup the discussion somewhere else. But my speed delete request still stands, and if speed delete request is removed I consider this vandalism. Janburse (talk) 16:38, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- I've asked User:Yakushima why they are opposed to the speedy deletion. I don't believe there's any need to rush to delete it until I hear from the editor. In the meantime, another administrator may or may not honor your request for speedy deletion. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:42, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- I am the only editor of the article, and I request speed delete. There hasn't been an other contributing editor to the article. But to be able to find another administrator, I need to place the speed delete tag on my page. But Yakushima has somehow blocked my page. I cannot undo his edit on Jekejeke_Prolog Janburse (talk) 16:44, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- I left another message for User:Yakushima. The editor's behavior appears to be very odd. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:52, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Except in very limited circumstances, editors don't change one another's User pages, and this is not one of those circumstances. See WP:USERPAGE. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 17:01, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Verdict accepted. Now consider my motivation: as Jan Burse would have preferred to leave the AfD for archival purposes, there is no mention of a WP:COI issue. First, he rewrites history so that the only thing he contributed was a Delete vote . See how the AfD shrinks dramatically. When I didn't let him get away with that, he tried this . See how he removes his original defense, making my follow-on comment a non sequiter? So if he's deleting evidence of WP:COI from his user page, I think you should be interested. Sorry for preserving the evidence the wrong way -- I should have just posted the diff here. Yakushima (talk) 17:18, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Except in very limited circumstances, editors don't change one another's User pages, and this is not one of those circumstances. See WP:USERPAGE. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 17:01, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- Agreed, Janburse should have stricken their Keep comment rather than removed it. I don't see what that has to do with the editor's User page.
- In any event, do you think the software is notable? If not, what is your objection to deleting the article? — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 17:26, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- (1) I just explained what it has to do with the editor's User page: I mistakenly restored information there relating to Jan Burse's WP:COI. I already have evidence that he'll remove his own comments that note substantiation for statements I've made, then ask me to remove my "allegations" to the same effect. See the copy of that exchange I made here:  He could do this in the case of WP:COI as well, saying it was part of an "attack" (a word he uses in his speedy-delete posting) I made on him. Well, he keeps erasing evidence of that COI, so (having long since given up AGF for Jan Burse, because of such manipulations), I was just keeping my powder dry. Like I said, the wrong way to do it, and I'm sorry: I should have just posted the diff.
- (2) I don't think the software is notable, but in another comment here (see below), I've explained how I believe the article should be deleted: with the AfD discussion reasonably intact, including every point Jan Burse made and every point I made. Yakushima (talk) 17:54, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
I have removed Jan Burse's second speedy delete request, citing your decision in my edit summary. I'll leave it to you to acquaint him with how vandalism is defined on Wikipedia.
As for your question "Why are you opposed to the speedy deletion of Jekejeke Prolog?",
- I oppose any request not made in good faith on Wikipedia; and you seem to agree that the request was not made in good faith.
- I also don't want my own comments deleted from the permanent record of the discussion, something Jan Burse did in fact attempt, in violation of WP:TPO.
You tell me: do I have a right to have my views on this subject represented openly, in archived copies of the deletion discussion? As long as the AfD remains open, Jan Burse can keep trying for speedy deletion immediately after his rewrites of the AfD, to put his own contributions in the best possible light while hiding his less impressive efforts. Should Wikipedia satisfy him on that count? Or should it present something more like what really happened in that discussion? Bear in mind that I might have deleted a few added comments of his in the process of reverting the discussion to reflect what he had originally said. If you like, I'll work to restore any of these that are (a) relevant, and (b) not simply revisions of some statement he'd already made. But basically, he's made an awful lot of work over this, and having found that he won't win, he has tried to rewrite the history of the struggle to make himself look more reasonable. That's just wrong. Yakushima (talk) 16:54, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- First, nothing is ever "deleted from the permanent record". Look at the edit history.
- Second, you seem to be talking about Janburse's behavior at the AfD page. I'm not sure what that has to do with the article itself. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:57, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- First, for most people's purposes, the "permanent record" of the deletion discussion for, say, Jewish Navy, is the archive copy of the discussion, as the admin closed it.. But how many people reading that think, "Hm, I wonder if some of this discussion was suppressed by one of the participants?" and hit the History link? Basically, nobody. That's the sense in which I meant "permanent record," and technically speaking, you're right, I'm wrong. But do you see my point? (Especially in view of how extensive Jan Burse's AfD history-rewrite attempts were?)
- Second, I do want the article deleted, otherwise I wouldn't have nominated it. But I want it deleted with due respect to policy and guidelines, with full discussion showing the participants in as accurate a light as possible. Jan Burse, after seeing defeat ahead, repeatedly attempted to avoid accurate light; I haven't give you a complete catalogue of his manipulations of the discussion, but what I've indicated so far should be more than enough. If you speedy-delete the article with the AfD discussion in the form it takes as I write this, i.e., , resulting in a relatively accurate AfD archive copy, I'd have no problem with your action. But given that there are still days left for Jan Burse to distort the history yet again, I do have a problem. And it's not just my problem. It's a problem for Wikipedia. Yakushima (talk) 17:41, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- In the future, if you want it to be clear that you were responding to a Keep comment by Janburse that has been deleted, why not add the diff to your response, so a reader can see that you weren't responding to their Delete comment.
- It would never have occurred to me, because I'm used to dealing with honest editors who don't rewrite entire AfD discussions, deleting my own comments in the process in several instances. :-) Thanks for the tip, I guess.
- I'm going to close this AfD as delete. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 17:47, 10 May 2012 (UTC)
- In the future, if you want it to be clear that you were responding to a Keep comment by Janburse that has been deleted, why not add the diff to your response, so a reader can see that you weren't responding to their Delete comment.
Sorry for bothering you again, and thanks for deleting Jekejeke_Prolog.
- BTW: The following file should be also delete.
When the Morning Comes
Pattison Sign Group
Hello, We posted a page last week about our company, Pattison Sign Group and it was deleted. We based ourselves on our father company template, which is Jim Pattison Group. One of our sister company Pattison Outdoor Advertising to which we based ourselves for the template is also on Wikipedia What are the proper steps to make our page online Thanks Chris Pattison (talk) 19:40, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
- Please see User:Malik Shabazz/CSD#G11. The page seemed more like an advertisement or promotional page and lacked the tone one would expect to find in an encyclopedia article. I recommend that you write a new article summarizing in your own words what reliable sources have written about Pattison Sign Group. Include references to reliable sources so readers, including other editors, can verify the facts in the article.
- In my opinion, Jim Pattison Group and Pattison Outdoor Advertising also seem overly promotional. I recommend that you add reliable sources to them, and consider cutting or pruning the list of products. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 20:31, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
Eddie Torres bio
Hello and good afternoon Mr. Shabazz, I'm trying my best to understand "how-to" write articles onto wikipedia, and yet probably don't have a clue at all. I found the article on a dancer instructor that has very little to tell on his behalf, even though he has been around in the business, probably, as much as my very own age.
The original article is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Torres
The information I reworded as in the third person, most of the time, is on his very own website.
I wouldn't want to write about a very new dance instructor to advertise his services, simply to tell a story about how his life progress from beginning to nowadays a legendary dance instructor. Again, as you may know, some people take a class or two, and become dance instructors over night, as if they are full professionals. In those cases, I wouldn't even consider writing to you.
It seems I didn't write out his info in the way, we at Wikipedia need to comply to. Sorry.
By the way, this concept of communicating is very nice, though again, not too familiar -- finally found it!!! — Preceding unsigned comment added by CarlosEVelasquez (talk • contribs) 20:55, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
- Hello. The problem is that the text you added to Eddie Torres was overly promotional and didn't have the tone one expects to find in an encyclopedia article. In most cases, the best way to write a Wikipedia article is by summarizing in your own words what reliable sources have written about a subject. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:17, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
The Signpost: 14 May 2012
- WikiProject report: Welcome to Wikipedia with a cup of tea and all your questions answered - at the Teahouse
- Featured content: Featured content is red hot this week
- Arbitration report: R&I Review closed, Rich Farmbrough near closure
Antonella Ponce article
Hello, A while ago you helped me post an article about Antonella Ponce, I just realized there is a mistake and I would like to ask you if you can help me correct it, I am pasting it from the article itself:
Very early in life she showed her love for music, and at the age of two she was already singing in tune with family choirs. She studied singing, dancing, and acting at Arte'n 3, an academy of artistic studies in Ecuador. While there, she worked with nationally and internationally known artists such as Riccardo Perotti, Gabriela Villalba, and Kudai.
On this last line it is Gabriela Villalba ex-Kudai, Antonella has not actually worked with Kudai.
Thank you so much for your help, I am still trying to post a picture but I don´t know how to do it, I don´t know if I can send it to you and you can post it for me.
- Hi Anahi. Please read the instructions at Help:Editing to see how to change the article.
- WP:Uploading images has instructions that should help you upload your picture. Please let me know if you have trouble after reading the instructions. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 01:06, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
I'm not quite following, but I was going to process just one more thing before signing off. I did receive the permission statement regarding Dewart Lake. I dropped it on User_talk:Dewart_Lake and hope you will know how to sort it out. If not, I'll check on it in the morning.--SPhilbrick(Talk) 01:31, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
- I think I know what to do. We'll see. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 01:32, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for deleting the redirects of Reds–Cardinals rivalry and Reds-Cardinals rivalry. Would you consider salting the earth in this case, or is that not merited? I remember this is not the first time SNIyer12 (talk · contribs) tried to sneakily recreate the page. – Muboshgu (talk) 04:31, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Hi Malik. Could you please help to move Jewish immigration to Puerto Rico TO History of the Jews in Puerto Rico, since all such articles are titled e.g. History of the Jews in Canada, History of the Jews in New York, History of the Jews in Ohio etc etc etc. Thanks for your efforts as I work to tidy up the loose ends. Best wishes, IZAK (talk) 06:24, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
deletion of EBIPM
I cannot find the deletion log for EBIPM. Any help with that would be appreciated. Also, how can I get access to the latest edits I had made of the article so I can use that edit and fix the G12 issues? Thanks. Ryansteiny (talk) 16:36, 16 May 2012 (UTC)— Preceding unsigned comment added by Ryansteiny (talk • contribs) 15:44, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
- You can find the deletion log by clicking on EBIPM.
- I'm afraid Wikipedia policy won't allow me to restore the page because of the copyright violation, but the article's text was copied from these sources:
- To write a new article, summarize using your own words what reliable sources have written about ecologically-based invasive plant management. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 17:32, 16 May 2012 (UTC)
Hey there, Malik,
I've recently been editing a page called "RINJ," specifically the section titled, "Controversy" (I had originally tried inserting the relevant pieces of information into the main body of the article, but it was quickly deleted). Another user, who I suspect is aligned with the group RINJ and Wikipedia editor Micheal O'Brien, has been removing my edits and calling them vandalism. I admit I am a novice editor of Wikipedia, but I am not a novice user of encyclopedias or uneducated about the subject matter. Personally, I question the validity of the entry in the first place, as it seems very much to be a vanity page rather than an entry into an encyclopedia, but it was already challenged by someone else, I believe. Anyway, I was hoping you would take a look at RINJ and perhaps give me your input on the subject, and consider lending your support in ensuring the page is complete. Much appreciated.
- Hello BestDef,
- In looking at your contributions, I noticed that you've only made two edits to Talk:RINJ. That's not good. I recommend you use the article's Talk page to discuss your concerns with other editors, instead of edit-warring. If you find that you are unable to make any headway on the article's Talk page, try WP:Dispute resolution.
- I was going to add a bit about canvassing, but I see that you've already been warned about that. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:42, 17 May 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I was warned about canvassing; had no idea about it before. The only reason you haven't seen more edits is the edit-war with the other user took up so much time. He would literally undo my edits just after I posted them and not respond to my questions. The other user had been warning me about vandalism without discussing, despite saying he was open to it. He also repeatedly removed the one sentence you said was properly sourced! I really do appreciate you taking the time to take a look at the page, and for ensuring the article meets guidelines. Personally, I don't see the point in an article about a Facebook group, but apparently that was raised by others already. There is no third-party reference to this group actually making any sort of a difference, and the users involved in editing are the ones behind the group (which I'm sure comes through in the overall tone). I have been trying to use the "talk" page, and have responded to messages sent to me, but those all get deleted when I didn't just go away.
Thanks again for helping a Wikipedia newbie!
Eliot Lewis of Hall & Oates
Hi Malik - I am the Tour Manager for Eliot Lewis and was posting this page under his direction. Should I have used the Sandbox to completely compose the article before posting it ??? I'm new at this, so let me know.
Was there a problem with the Wikipedia links to other artists that Eliot has performed with ???
Was there a problem with adding the links for the bands he has played with, or to his official website ???
Was there a problem with my "cutting and pasting" his bio from his website to start the page with ???
- Hello Phil. The problem is that the material was copied and pasted from another website.
- The best way to write an article about somebody is to summarize, using your own words, what reliable sources have written about the subject. Include references so readers, including other editors, can verify the facts in the article.
- If you own the material on the other website and wish to use it as the basis for an article about Mr. Lewis, please follow the instructions at WP:Donating copyrighted materials. Thank you. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 03:09, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
hello, i was recently creating a page called DCorp and it was deleted, i guess it was deleted because of it being too promotional and i didnt have a copy of the deleted page. without a copy i cannot make revisions to meet wiki's standards, i would really appreciate it if you sent me a copy of the deleted page. thanks.
- Hi. You can find it at User:Dredhead1313/DCorp. When you're finished with your work, follow the instructions at WP:Moving a page to move it back to DCorp. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 13:15, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|Thanks for your contributions to Wikipedia. SwisterTwister talk 16:22, 18 May 2012 (UTC)|
I was wondering if you would be in a position to guide me through Wikipedia, a bit. I'd like to make some contributions to certain articles, but I quite frankly have a hard time navigating through the protocols. What would you recommend I start reading in order to be sure my contributions meet the Wikipedia standards? BestDef (talk) 03:22, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
D on X
- I'm not sure I have anything meaningful to contribute, but I've watchlisted the page and the AfD and I'll try to comment. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:30, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
Deletion of Cristina Rad
I see you decided to remove Cristina Rad under G4. I would like to review the deletion discussion and its final conclusion, but unfortunatelly I can't seem to find it. Could you point it out to me? Also, I'd like to request having this article moved to my user space (User:Pereant_antiburchius/Cristina Rad) for further development, instead of its total removal. Thank you. --Pereant antiburchius (talk) 10:34, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
- The deletion discussion is at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Cristina Rad. As you requested, I've restored the article to User:Pereant antiburchius/Cristina Rad. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:27, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for the restore. About the discussion leading up to its deletion: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Cristina Rad contains a previous discussion, concluded in a delete by User:Arbitrarily0 on 01:53, 3 April 2012. I can however not find the discussion concluded with a delete by yourself on 01:06, 21 May 2012. Would you happen to know where I can find this? --Pereant antiburchius (talk) 17:38, 21 May 2012 (UTC)
The Signpost: 21 May 2012
- From the editor: New editor-in-chief
- WikiProject report: Trouble in a Galaxy Far, Far Away....
- Featured content: Lemurbaby moves it with Madagascar: Featured content for the week
- Arbitration report: No open arbitration cases pending
- Technology report: On the indestructibility of Wikimedia content
Lou Reed photos on Commons
- Thank you for reminding me; I've been meaning to check on those. I've withdrawn the nominations. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 18:38, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
Geshem and Tal
- Hi Steven, I may not be the best person to review the article. Why don't you post a message at WT:JUDAISM and see if somebody volunteers? One tip: On Wikipedia the word God is spelled out (without a dash). — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 18:47, 22 May 2012 (UTC)
image i uploaded to corporate knights page
I'm hoping for some assistance. For years there was an image of a Corporate Knights magazine cover on their page. I requested an image of a newer magazine cover from them to update their page and they gave it to me. I guess I didn't adequately explain this and that's why you deleted it. Can you guide me through the process of having the new image approved?
- Hi Natalie. When you uploaded the file, you indicated it could only be used for non-commercial or educational use. Wikipedia cannot accept images with that restriction, so the image was deleted. Wikipedia files must be compatible with the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License and the GNU Free Documentation License, which allows anyone to use it for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial. See our non-free content guidelines for more more information. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 16:08, 23 May 2012 (UTC)
FYI - 74.198.*.*
- Thank you Dave. I just responded, and I restored the description of The Three Stooges as Vergara's first leading role. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 15:11, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
Do you think you could review this for B-class? MILHIST failed it in Feb for "grammar", so it is not something I can easily fix. But if you could, we could add one more B-class to WP:POLAND. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| talk to me 22:32, 24 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. Sorry to keep bothering you with those request, but you and I are the only one who do the reviews, and as they say, no good deed... :) --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| talk to me 02:36, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
Inappropriate edit summary
Thank you for your feedback on the Traackr page. I will rewrite it following the guideline you pointed out (Wikipedia:ORG). Is a page like PeerIndex a good exemple of a page following the principales of notability? Dchancogne (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 03:57, 27 May 2012 (UTC).
- PeerIndex may be notable because it was discussed in an article in The New York Times, a reliable source. To write a new article about Traackr, summarize in your own words what reliable sources have written about the company. Be sure to include references so readers, including other editors, can verify the facts in the article. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 04:13, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
Malick, I read the reasons why you deleted Ringgold Inc. Sorry you had to do that. I have more information that may make the page worth keeping on Wikipedia. I should have kept in my sandbox and edited more completely before posting. any chance I can have a copy of the article back in my sandbox to work on? Thanks for explaining your reasons for deletion. WilliamHaase (talk) 04:15, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- The page has been restored and can be found at User:WilliamHaase/Ringgold Inc. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 04:22, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for the undelete.
About an article.
Hey, i'm here about the article Lock (monster). Maybe i think i nominated under the incorrect parameters. I mean, the subject of the article doesn't hold itself to have a separate article, don't you think? --Hahc21 [TALK][CONTRIBS] 04:29, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. Sometimes it seems like every anime and manga character has its own article. I see you nominated its fellow for deletion (Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Evo (monster)). Maybe you should redirect Lock (monster) to Monsuno#Characters. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 04:35, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- .Thanks for the answer. I'll be redirecting them by now, as they don't are important enough to carry their own articles. --Hahc21 [TALK][CONTRIBS] 04:37, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- I see that. Still, the article doesn't duplicate the other. I've tagged it for A7 speedy deletion (non-notable band). — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 15:22, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
Speedy deletion declined: Ron shimshilashvili
- I saw that. The article is a mess, but it's been expanded from the earlier version and doesn't qualify for G4. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 21:52, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
You deleted me though it was unfounded give a link to a book by Morris that shows that picture with a caption calling them palestinian, even then i would dispute it because i am very friendly with Moroccan Jews and know that is a Morroccan Jewish hat not a Palestinian one. But I have searched and all the photos used by Morriss are conventionally dressed Arabs as yopu would expect from a propagandist like you or him. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Maryester (talk • contribs) 23:21, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
- Frankly, I don't care who your friends are. Your edit was vandalism, which is why I reverted it. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 23:25, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
Hello, I beg you please don't delete this article :( My dream is to get an article on Wikipedia, i rather get an article here than a luxury car, ive worked so hard, you can type on google and check my stuff out i am all over, yesterday i saw my self at a tv commercial. If you can please re edit it and don't delete it you can edit some stuff and change whatever you want but dont delte it please i beg you so much, ill do anything you wish :( Thanks, — Preceding unsigned comment added by RonRafael (talk • contribs) 03:48, 28 May 2012 (UTC)
- The place to make yourself heard is Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Ron shimshilashvili. I recommend you familiarize yourself with Wikipedia's concept of notability, and be prepared to explain why Ron Shimshilashvili satisfies the relevant notability guidelines, WP:NACTOR or WP:ANYBIO. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 03:52, 28 May 2012 (UTC)
can u help me out brother ? please help me move it or edit it so it wont get removed, please brother help me make it stay here. thanks brother ! i love you so much !! xoxoxo — Preceding unsigned comment added by RonRafael (talk • contribs) 05:04, 28 May 2012 (UTC)
A barnstar for you!
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|I award you this barnstar for your co-operation on Dhanushpiriyan's page as of my speedy deletion nomination. Thank you. ʂaɳɖaƙɘɭʉɱ ʈaɭƙ 04:04, 28 May 2012 (UTC)|
You do realize it was just at AFD right? Ten Pound Hammer • (What did I screw up now?) 04:45, 28 May 2012 (UTC)
- The AfD closed as speedy delete 20 minutes after it was opened because the article's creator asked that it be deleted. Hours later, the editor created it again. I wasn't sure whether that really counted as a prior AfD, which is why I tried a PROD. Thank you for starting a new AfD. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 15:03, 28 May 2012 (UTC)
Take care of propaganda Jabotito : you live in a country where citizens have been manipulated for more than 65 years. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:32, 28 May 2012 (UTC) This is a personal attack, but you didn't say anything about it--Jabotito48 (talk) 00:34, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I hadn't noticed that. I just warned the editor who left that message as well. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 00:37, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
File:James Kwesi Appiah, 2012.jpg
re: the standards for speedy-deletion
You recently closed Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Leibniz (unit) as speedy-delete. While I was the one who nominated the page for deletion (and therefore do not oppose the result), I disagree with your execution of process. Multiple established users (myself and several in the edit history before the nomination) had looked at the page and were unable to come to the conclusion that it was a blatant hoax. Speedy-deletions are only allowable where every reasonable editor will agree that immediate deletion is appropriate. Hoaxes are explicitly excluded from the speedy-deletion criteria because, as individuals, we are remarkably poor at identifying them. Far too many nominations as "hoax" are later uncovered as true but obscure - often historical uses or unmarked in-universe fictional references. As a group, we are much better at evaluating hoaxes. That process takes time, however.
I spent over an hour last night researching that page before I completed the nomination. I am skeptical from the comments in the aborted thread that this topic got the research that an alleged hoax deserves. Note: Speedy-deletions are allowable when the hoax is so blatant that it is obvious vandalism (or when a user's other contributions indicate that the edit was part of a pattern of vandalism). Neither of those applied in this case.
Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now. No, I am not asking that the discussion be re-opened. But please be cautious about prematurely closing discussions, especially when the allegation is "hoax". Thanks. Rossami (talk) 12:00, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your message. The language at WP:G3 doesn't suggest that a blatant hoax must be one that is obvious to every reader. I will keep this in mind in the future. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 13:24, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
Articles For Creation: Local Splash
I'm writing to you in regards to the deletion of the Local Splash page. The other two reviewers suggested I re-submit the article because according to the guidelines stated in the "Articles For Creation", I do have the supportive links.
"In order to be included in Wikipedia, the company must be: the subject of multiple non-trivial published works whose source is independent of the company itself, OR listed on ranking indices of important companies produced by well-known and independent publications,"
Also, I don't see how the Local Splash page is any different from the following page:
Can you help me get this page live?
Thanks for your time.
- Hi Jeff. I deleted the page because it was a duplicate of Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Local Splash. Please continue to work on the draft there. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 18:30, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
Racism in Malaysia seems to redirect to the opposite of what is should discuss - so a misleading redirect for deletion. Do you concur? --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| talk to me 22:41, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
Re: Eleven O'Clock News CSD
Hi. The article that I have nominated is a blatant hoax. It was created by User:Meven Agusta 15, an obvious sockpuppet of banned user User:Bertrand101. Please check the LTA against Betrand101 and the newly-created SPI for this sock for additional evidence that this the article that you've declined to delete is a hoax. -WayKurat (talk) 02:46, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your message. WP:G3 is intended for blatant hoaxes, and it wasn't obvious that this article was a hoax. In the future, please consider adding a note on thee article's Talk page to help administrators who may not be familiar with this editor's history of creating hoax articles. Thank you. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:57, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- Done — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 03:28, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
The Signpost: 28 May 2012
- News and notes: Wikimedia Foundation endorses open-access petition to the White House; pending changes RfC ends
- Recent research: Supporting interlanguage collaboration; detecting reverts; Wikipedia's discourse, semantic and leadership networks, and Google's Knowledge Graph
- WikiProject report: Experts and enthusiasts at WikiProject Geology
- Featured content: Featured content cuts the cheese
- Arbitration report: Fæ and GoodDay requests for arbitration, changes to evidence word limits
- Technology report: Developer divide wrangles; plus Wikimedia Zero, MediaWiki 1.20wmf4, and IPv6
Good call. We seem to have a problem here. Hm, I often surf as I post, and while posting this, I found  which was originally written here . Moishe’le and Yanka’le are evidently Jewish academics. I've deleted that talk page post. But this editor clearly has an agenda. Dougweller (talk) 09:01, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- And see the recent reversion of an edit of his at Jebusite. Dougweller (talk) 10:03, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
new draft of article
I've reworked a draft for the EBIPM article and have it saved in my sandbox. I'm looking for feedback and the page for requests for feedback says "this process is currently incactive" so I thought I'd contact you for feedback/assistance. Thanks. Ryansteiny (talk) 21:54, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- Hi. I'll try to take a look at it over the next few days. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 01:29, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
Hello, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! you're the best!! thanks so much for declining the speedy deletion of my article!! It really means a lot too me, You're the best ! Please if you could help me leave my article there i would really appreciate it a lot :) You're my brother and i am so happy you're on my side again thanks so much Toda raba ah sheli!! ani met aleha !!! love you <3 — Preceding unsigned comment added by RonRafael (talk • contribs) 03:52, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Hello Ron. Please don't get too excited. Speedy deletion has a very specific meaning on Wikipedia, and the article still looks like it's going to be deleted unless you can show that reliable sources have written about Ron Shimshilashvili. See WP:Articles for deletion/Ron shimshilashvili. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 04:02, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, what about it? I moved it there from Talk:Cần Thơ/Archive 1 when I moved the article. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:17, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry. I see what you mean. In the past when I've made such moves, the move request has made reference to Talk:Ngo Bao Chau, so I thought there was consensus to move. How odd that the two discussions, one month apart, produced different results.
- In any event, I'll move Can Tho back to Cần Thơ. Thank you for pointing it out. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:27, 2 June 2012 (UTC)