- The Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Editing tutorial
- Picture tutorial
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
Please bear these points in mind while editing Wikipedia:
- Please respect others' copyrights; do not copy and paste the contents from webpages directly.
- Please use a neutral point of view when editing articles; this is possibly the most important Wikipedia policy.
- If you are testing, please use the Sandbox to do so.
- Do not add unreasonable contents into any articles, such as: copyrighted text, advertisement messages, and text that is not related to an article's subject. Adding such unreasonable information or otherwise editing articles maliciously is considered vandalism, and will result in your account being blocked.
The Wikipedia Tutorial is a good place to start learning about Wikipedia. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the village pump or ask me on my talk page. Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes, like this: ~~~~. Again, welcome! -- Steel 21:15, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
Welcome, and thank you for your attempt to lighten up Wikipedia. However, this is an encyclopedia and the articles are intended to be serious, so please don't make joke edits, as you did to Backspace. Readers looking for accurate information will not find them amusing. If you'd like to experiment with editing, try the sandbox, where you can write practically anything you want. danhash (talk) 21:32, 25 August 2011 (UTC)