No des tu tierra al extraño
¡No des tu tierra (Patria) al extraño!
por más que te pague bien.
vende la Patria (madre) con él.
el que su terruño vende!
Do not give your land (country) to a stranger!
even though he pays you well..
Is selling his homeland ( mother) as well.
He who sells his land!
Tony the Marine is "watching" you
Happy New Year (early)
Tony, Wishing you a Happy 2017! — ERcheck (talk) 08:21, 31 December 2016 (UTC)
Are you aware of this resource? CENTRO - Center for Puerto Rican Studies - Hunter College, CUNY
Tony, Are you aware of this resource? CENTRO  — ERcheck (talk) 23:24, 31 December 2016 (UTC)
Happy New Year!
...and here's the happy new year! Sorry its almost a week late, my family's kept me busy. Lets make it a good one! TomStar81 (Talk) 13:03, 6 January 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
Guideline and policy news
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:36, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Tony - hope ll is well. Please take a look at this article when you get a chance. Thanks! FieldMarine (talk) 18:15, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- Thank you for letting know, buddy. Semper Fi. Tony the Marine (talk) 22:26, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
So, I came across this MoH winner's name around the net today. The article I found skimmed content from Wikipedia, which is fine of course, but they violate the terms of licensing by not attributing from where the content comes. That aside, I read the Wikipedia entry with interest. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see who had created this article in the first place. With absolutely no surprise, I found it was you, back in 2006! You are a treasure. Thank you for your work! --Hammersoft (talk) 16:26, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
Today's Wikipedian 10 years ago
... the eleventh! --Gerda Arendt (talk) 05:51, 11 May 2017 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:Miguel angel suarez1.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:Miguel angel suarez1.jpg
. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use
. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media
Note that any non-free images not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described in section F5 of the criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. --B-bot (talk) 21:42, 26 May 2017 (UTC)
Cachi Cachi music
Hi Tony! Here for your advice. Cachi Cachi music is music played by Puerto Ricans in Hawaii, once they migrated there. Willie K sings about it. Here is Willie K's entry on wikipedia. Cachi Cachi music is mentioned in this book with a snippet on books.google I'd like to add it somewhere into Wikipedia. It's also mentioned here by the voice of a Disney character. https://www.bustle.com/articles/195738-moana-star-aulii-cravalho-is-just-as-inspiring-as-her-brilliant-disney-heroine But I'm still not sure how best to add it to Wikipedia. It doesn't seem notable enough for its own article. What do you think? Thanks in advance for your time. the eloquent peasant (talk) 02:57, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Tony! I have something. It's a rough draft. Any feedback would be appreciated. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Level_C/sandbox#Introduction the eloquent peasant (talk) 15:25, 16 June 2017 (UTC)
- Again, thanks soooo much for your help!the eloquent peasant (talk) 11:58, 17 June 2017 (UTC)
Love your article List of Hispanic Medal of Honor recipients Comment
What a nice job you did on that! And lists are particularly difficult sometimes to manage. This one, List of Hispanic and Latino Americans - for example, in my opinion is unmanageable! the eloquent peasant (talk) 13:41, 23 June 2017 (UTC)