User talk:Martin of Sheffield
- 1 TUSC token 0d2143de092c67c18c2277c4667fe01e
- 2 History of Rail Transport
- 3 CPU cache
- 4 Europe 10,000 Challenge invite
- 5 Clog dancing
- 6 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 7 Mungo Park revision
- 8 Reference errors on 11 December
- 9 Help with new recorder?
- 10 Request suggestion for Edith Cavell reference.
- 11 Books and Bytes - Issue 20
- 12 Salutations
- 13 Union Jack
- 14 Church bells
TUSC token 0d2143de092c67c18c2277c4667fe01e
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
History of Rail Transport
- Your suggestion is ok but I do not know how to make this. I am an expert in this field but not in wiki. Can you help me ?. Thanks Ferry24.Milan (talk) 18:17, 26 October 2016 (UTC)
- Next, work out exactly what you think the problem is, one step at a time.
- Use a numbered list if it helps - like this one - it can help other editors to refer to your points.
- Don't worry too much at this stage about layout or phrasing, particularly if English is not your mother tongue, just concentrate on the facts.
Europe 10,000 Challenge invite
Hi. The Wikipedia:WikiProject Europe/The 10,000 Challenge has recently started, based on the UK/Ireland Wikipedia:The 10,000 Challenge. The idea is not to record every minor edit, but to create a momentum to motivate editors to produce good content improvements and creations and inspire people to work on more countries than they might otherwise work on. There's also the possibility of establishing smaller country or regional challenges for places like Germany, Italy, the Benelux countries, Iberian Peninsula, Romania, Slovenia etc, much like Wikipedia:The 1000 Challenge (Nordic). For this to really work we need diversity and exciting content and editors from a broad range of countries regularly contributing. If you would like to see masses of articles being improved for Europe and your specialist country like Wikipedia:WikiProject Africa/The Africa Destubathon, sign up today and once the challenge starts a contest can be organized. This is a way we can target every country of Europe, and steadily vastly improve the encyclopedia. We need numbers to make this work so consider signing up as a participant and also sign under any country sub challenge on the page that you might contribute to! Thank you. --Ser Amantio di NicolaoChe dicono a Signa?Lo dicono a Signa. 10:05, 6 November 2016 (UTC)
In my sandbox I have just found this half developed piece that I had lost and forgotten about. User:ClemRutter/sandbox4. I was thinking of either merging into Clog dance (British) or launching it as Clog dance (North-west England). What do you think? Do you want to adopt it and do something else with it? --ClemRutter (talk) 13:11, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
- My first thought is merge. I'll have a fuller look though in a few days if you like. I'm in the midst of revising for a radio operator's exam and can be found muttering the phonetic alphabet to myself or else broadcasting a mayday to the computers! Over. Martin of Sheffield (talk) 13:21, 9 November 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Mungo Park revision
Thank you for the correction. Yes, the legend does interfere with the view of the river and was the cause of my poorly researched revision. Pipey1 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pipey1 (talk • contribs) 23:40, 28 November 2016 (UTC)
Reference errors on 11 December
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
Help with new recorder?
Martin, are you still monitoring these pages? I have a new recorder, different from the previous, and I would appreciate some advice, or at least an opinion.
Request suggestion for Edith Cavell reference.
The addition I made to the Edith Cavell page was removed; you commented that it sounded like a book promotion. I'd like to have the contemporary reference to Edith Cavell acknowledged. Can you suggest how I can make this sound less like a book promotion? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Habakkuk21 (talk • contribs) 15:12, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
- I've answered this on the talk page so that other editors can give their opinions. Martin of Sheffield (talk) 15:49, 11 January 2017 (UTC)
Books and Bytes - Issue 20
Salutations and thanks for the post on my talk page. As I'm a bit new here, would you be able to suggest an alternative wording? I did say "Please share your comments at Wikipedia:Categories_for_discussion/Log/2017_January_19#Category:Persecution_by_atheists, regardless of your opinion (emphasis mine)." The triangle was not my doing but was generated from clicking on the blue button on top of the noticeboard. Eliko007 (talk) 23:58, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
May I ask how i can Quote something out of a documentary, since the information comes from planet earth II, with this I would also like to ask if this is a reliable source. Kind regards, A wikipedia user — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 11:52, 22 March 2017 (UTC)