- 1 Helder Postiga
- 2 Darren Tilley
- 3 Jayesh
- 4 Shaun Maloney
- 5 Thanks
- 6 My Wikipedia input
- 7 Untitled
- 8 Philippe Coutinho
- 9 Carl Pentney
- 10 Jordi Gómez
- 11 WP:FOOTY
- 12 Claudio Ranieri
- 13 Persondata
- 14 Tiago Ilori
- 15 Carlos Eduardo de Oliveira Alves
- 16 WikiProject Yorkshire Newsletter - October 2015
- 17 Bad language.
- 18 Please Help
- 19 User:Mattc1000
- 20 Edits Attributed to My IP
- 21 Laurent Koscielny
- 22 Aris Thessaloniki F.C
- 23 Source and image review requests at FAC
Hi! You recently reverted my edit in an article Helder Postiga. While I can add a reliable reference, I wanted to know whether goals scored in practice games count as career stats? Thank you!!--TheProudEditor (Chat) 13:48, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
- Nope; the infobox accounts for league stats only. Mattythewhite (talk) 13:49, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello sorry for not referencing my new edits, I just added statistics to Tilley's career based on the information found on this website www.soccerdatabase.eu. shotgun pete, talk. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shotgun pete (talk • contribs) 23:11, 3 November 2014 (UTC)
I have cited 4 sources for the Pepe edit. Can you make sure it is not removed? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jayeshrchinchole (talk • contribs) 00:53, 1 February 2015 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jayeshrchinchole (talk • contribs) 00:53, 1 February 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Maloney actually played 81 games for Wigan Athletic and 29 for Aston Villa. ("Shaun Maloney". US Soccerway. April 4, 2015. Retrieved April 4, 2015.) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Saint Ètienne 920 (talk • contribs) 22:49, 4 April 2015 (UTC)
|Thank You for your edit at Olivier Giroud, your input is crucial to helping build Wikipedia! Cheers :) TeaLover1996 (talk) 04:51,
2 May 2015 (UTC)
My Wikipedia input
While I appreciate assistance from other Wikipedia users, I do not appreciate "final warnings" and find that inappropriate. I assume that all accounts are monitored for anyone deliberately "vandalizing" the site. I will not re-enter information that you have deleted and will be more careful looking for references for edits in future. — Preceding unsigned comment added by JOESPICE (talk • contribs) 01:21, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
Hi Mattythewhite I'm new to editing wikipedia articles and all I really wanted to do was change the picture used in the article. I have found a few other pictures that would be more accurate for this footballer Thanks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Shivgattu1202 (talk • contribs) 16:11, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Hi! Thank you for keeping an eye on the statistics and my edits. The Carl Pentney stats are retrieved from the match reports at Maidenhead United's Pitch Hero website, apart from the Bath City match on 18 August 2015, which was covered by Bath Chronicle.
Hi there Matty, all well?
I most certainly talked with you about this one or two years ago, and now reliable User:Mega60 (BDFUTBOL.com collaborator) told me you removed the player's stats with FC Barcelona C again. Not 100% sure if I approached it like this the previous time, but he told me that one can take this as an example (please see here http://hemeroteca.mundodeportivo.com/preview/2006/02/13/pagina-37/1405447/pdf.html#&mode=fullScreen, the Barcelona C-Rapitenca match, they call him Jordi there) and consult all the games of the season, last time I checked El Mundo Deportivo (newspaper) is a reliable source, is it not?
- I can't find his name on the link above, and we need a source/collection of sources that confirm all his appearances before they can go back in. Mattythewhite (talk) 20:28, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
- Come again? JORDI is JORDI GÓMEZ, like I explained in the original message. Please, what do you want me to convey to Mega? We should add a match report like the one shown above for all his Barça C appearances? --184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:35, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I'm a bit confused with removal of a link to a relevant statistics site that's an authority on manager statistics and has accurate Newcastle United manager statistics starting with Frank Watt in 1895. So how come this source isn't considered relevant by you, and how come a link to it is considered spam? Makes no sense. Please explain your reasoning and reevaluate your decision. Thanks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by CafaMagician80 (talk • contribs) 15:52, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, we only use sources that are deemed reliable; that is that they are "third-party, published sources with a reputation for fact-checking and accuracy". I'm not saying this site isn't, but can it be demonstrated that it is? Thanks, Mattythewhite (talk) 15:56, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, persondata is being phased out for all articles, and its content should instead be added to Wikidata, per WP:PERSON. Mattythewhite (talk) 17:53, 27 September 2015 (UTC)
I am an Aston Villa fan who lives in Albufeira, I know several members of Tiago Ilori family and some of his old school friends here in the town, I also go to watch Imortal Desportivo Clube of Albufeira, were Tiago Ilori started his playing career. I'm not particularly bothered if you do not include him in this category and I'm not particularly bothered by the likes of editors like yourself who just dismiss and change edits without researching things themselves. Kolforn ♣ 14:58, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
- Please refer to WP:OR and WP:BURDEN. It would be of great benefit to the encyclopaedia if you understood its policies when contributing. And sort the attitude out, it's not going to get you anywhere. Mattythewhite (talk) 15:03, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
Kind TPS: please explain it to me, fellow users. I thought the category "PEOPLE FROM ..." illustrated where a person was born. If Mr. Ilori was born in (the) London (area), should the already existing PEOPLE FROM HAMPSTEAD not be enough? Thanks in advance --220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:42, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
- I believe we can add the category if a person was raised in a place other than their birth. Mattythewhite (talk) 17:30, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
Matty, any suggestions on how to tackle user Sky1two and (supposedly) his many anon forms? I'm turning blue in the face reverting and re-reverting. Looks like an over-the-top Al-Hilal FC fan that does not grasp the concept of an encyclopedia.
- I've given this user a level 1 warning; I am concerned their unsourced additions, failure to update timestamps and poor English. Mattythewhite (talk) 17:43, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry to butt in, but as far as I could tell, all the prose additions made by the named user were referenced to reliable sources. They may have been ill-formatted, not in the greatest English and a bit over-enthusiastic, but I'm not comfortable with removing reliably sourced and encyclopedic content such as the subject scoring the only goal in the Saudi Super Cup as if it were vandalism. Just a personal opinion. cheers, Struway2 (talk) 17:52, 30 September 2015 (UTC)
WikiProject Yorkshire Newsletter - October 2015
|The Yorkshire WikiProject Newsletter|
If you do not wish to receive the newsletter, please add an N to the column against your username on the Project Mainpage.
00:38, 2 October 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, I've added the missing stats and have formatted the table so it meets the layout displayed at Wikipedia:WikiProject Football/Players#Career statistics. My advice to you is to use the preview function: you made over fifty edits to the table when there was really no need for more than one. Mattythewhite (talk) 14:48, 4 October 2015 (UTC)
I don't know if these comments of yours make you too involved to take administrative action here, but if not, could I get a brief block against this user. They've gotten several final warnings for introducing unsourced or improperly sourced material (including your two) over the last few months. Despite that we get, this edit, which directly contradicts the source cited, and this edit which is partially based on Transfermarkt, an unreliable source I had asked them not to use several times. Thanks in advance. Sir Sputnik (talk) 04:12, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
Edits Attributed to My IP
Hello, While looking through an article on the mythical creatures known as "Abath" on this page "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abath", a notification box appeared, informing me that I had new messages from another user. On clicking on this I discovered there were warnings against, presumably, me for editing the pages for several Liverpool players, namely Christian Benteke, Kolo Toure and Adam Lallana. This was not me, but may have been someone in my household. I have a younger brother who is also a Liverpool fan and who may have thought it was a bit of a joke to make edits to players' pages. What were the edits regarding? I shall question him to see if he is behind it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:25, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
I noticed you removed my edit on Laurent Koscielny's page. I believe this was unjust. Bosscielny should be included as a nickname to reflect how much of a Boss he really is.
This page seems to be in need of a move, no (one dot missing)? If so, fire away kind fellow user after my notification.
Source and image review requests at FAC
Hi -- I removed your source/image review requests from the FAC talk page -- we should probably update the instructions there, as this is a common misunderstanding. Of course everything needs a source and image review, but that box is used to request reviews for FACs that are getting close to promotion, for which the source and/or image review are the only things left to be settled. Putting every FAC in that list would make it much harder to maintain. Typically the coords add the request when needed, though you'll sometimes see other people do it. Let me know if you have any questions. Mike Christie (talk - contribs - library) 18:03, 7 October 2015 (UTC)