Matty, could you please have a word with this user (i see you already have this year, with a warning)? I don't feel very comfortable doing so after being called a vandal who abuses the Iván Balliu - now Albanian, like this user - article (their summaries read, verbatim and ALWAYS, "Correction, adding facts and don't abuse the article"), when they themselves do/did the following: 1 - wrote in box he plays as DEFENDER, we don't do that unless player plays as a left/right back AND a central defender too, when player plays as right/left back we write "full-back"; 2 - linked "Spain" in box, we don't do that to major countries; 3 - REMOVED (has stopped now it seems, but did so on several occasions!) the reference for the player's height in the box; 4 - inserts stats for ALL competitions at F.C. Arouca in the infobox, over and over again; 5 - removed the 100% valid category of "Albanian expatriate footballers", which is what Mr. Balliu is now as he plays for the Albanian NT and plies his trade in France, no?
Another account User:BrownNotorious, also told me the same in an edit summary last month, so it's pretty obvious what this implies methinks. The Luci account, on 6 October, took it upon themselves to add a protection template because article was being VANDALIZED (!) when no one did nothing of the sorts (please see here https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Iv%C3%A1n_Balliu&diff=prev&oldid=804123130); it was immediately removed by a bot.
Attentively (and please note, as i in no way want be accused of any wrongdoings and/or underhand behaviour, i have notified said user of this thread, let's see if they reply to you - i sent a message to the aforementioned second account regarding this subject, received zero feedback) --Quite A Character (talk) 20:49, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
Another difference of opinion in said article, now with a decent user that engages in interaction: do we really need an early life section just to say he was born in X city of Y/Z descent, when his descent is clearly identified in the international career section (note, i have not reverted anything in that regard)? --Quite A Character (talk) 21:35, 8 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Quite A Character: I thought I was doing a good job with my editing in the Wikipedia article of Iván Balliu, but since that's not the case! I'm sorry, do not disturb me. LluciBOY (talk) 06:09, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
NEVER my intention to disturb you User:LluciBOY, you were the one that said article was being vandalized when it was not, and you were the one that told me SEVERAL times to not abuse the article when i was actually cleaning it up, OK? But no problem, i will not send you any more messages and leave you in peace, if you edit Balliu's article properly there will not be any problems at all. --Quite A Character (talk) 06:29, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
- Your two cents please Matty, so that this user (who now asks, after all they said to me in summaries, that I cease to disturb them) does not think I am trolling or akin? Please highlight their name when replying, so that they are redirected to here and I don't have to "disturb" anymore, in their page, here or anywhere.
- @Quite A Character:, @LluciBOY: Are there any outstanding issues/sources of contention on the article that need to be resolved? Also, we shouldn't bandy around terms like "vandal"; I'm sure both of you are editing in good faith. Mattythewhite (talk) 17:35, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
Major issues only seem to be two, as described above: 1 - the "defender" in position seems to indicate player also features as a stopper when he does not (so it's best to write "right back" as of now, position where he features exclusively for Metz now); 2 - the insertion of all competitive stats for Arouca (the other seem to be more or less understood; nope, i was wrong in item #5, see this diff where the ALBANIAN EXPATRIATE FOOTBALLERS category is again removed, and then i am told AGAIN not to abuse article https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Iv%C3%A1n_Balliu&diff=804114006&oldid=804112823). Since i don't want to be a nuisance (vandal/article hogger) to this person, i will not "disturb" them any further, i only came here seeking for your valuable mediation, not seeking any blocks or akin. --Quite A Character (talk) 18:46, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
And regarding your actions there, Matty, the following question: i have longsince understood that we are not to link countries. But we are also not to link demographics ("Albanians", "Spaniards", etc)? Maybe i'm missing something (again), but seems to destroy the purpose on having an article on it...
- The position and stats seem fine to me; Right back and league statistics for Arouca in the infobox.
- Per WP:OLINK, we are encouraged to usually not link to nationalities and ethnicities (among other things), "unless a term is particularly relevant to the context in the article". Mattythewhite (talk) 19:38, 9 October 2017 (UTC)
Also in Balliu's piece: I added a TEAM wikilink to the introduction, it was replaced with the COUNTRY wikilink (and of course duly reverted) on the grounds which are seen in the edit summary. The former (my action) is not incorrect (and in fact, the Spain national football team is not mentioned ONCE in the article so I thought it would be an interesting addition), is it? --Quite A Character (talk) 11:55, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
- I don't think it's an appropriate wikilink given the context. "Balliu represented his native Spain": it reads to me that we are referring to Spain the nation, as opposed to the senior national team. Mattythewhite (talk) 13:46, 12 October 2017 (UTC)
Account quickly removing all regional teams from players (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/ALPalacio), in Sergio Busquets they also thought it would be a good idea to "give" him 20 GOALS for Spain instead of the TWO he has...
Was just performing some minor tidyups in this chap's article, and found out you removed he played for Atlético Madrid as a youth (don't know if originally, but at least you reverted a user that (re)added said info a couple of days ago). Out of tremendous respect for your work, i feel obligated to add some more on the subject, after all i (unbeknownst to me, only noticed it AFTER i performed my action) kind of reverted you.
Found this ref (please see here http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/transfers/chelseas-signing-alvaro-morata-secures-cash-atletico-madrid/), don't know if we can use this due to (possibly, don't know to be honest) not being reliable. If not, please brief me in and i'll dig further (certainly the Spanish web has tons of sources regarding the topic). Also, some may argue article could have been written "profitting" from false info stemming from our website, but there's no mistake in the picture, he's the kid to the right!
- Much more reliable source found, added it to box. Question: do you think it is appropriate to add refs other than those that source name/height/akin to the infobox. If not, just say the word and i'll relocate it. --Quite A Character (talk) 09:41, 10 October 2017 (UTC)
World 11 2nd/3rd teams
Hello. I wanted to ask whether the World 11 2nd/3rd/4th teams can be put into the individual honors for players. Saw them in some players' honors, so was thinking about adding them to more players. KnavishGlobe786 (talk) 13:14, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
was just cleaning up this player/manager's article, and found out there is a glitch in the display of reference #8 (now archived, the error seems to come precisely from that archiving field). Can you make anything of it?
- Yes, situation solved, thanks! Erase this message if you want Matty, sorry for any inconvenience --Quite A Character (talk) 13:42, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
No idea, at first glance, I probably made it up. I've got him playing in 2016 in the second spell, as well, which is contradicted by his article, so perhaps I imagined his name in a teamsheet in 2016... Wish I'd left those player lists as a complete record of DFC in the Football League, which is what they were, all nice and straightforward, till I got ideas above my pay grade and started trying to make them complete for nationally organised comps and it got horribly messy. I'll have a proper look by tomorrow and get back to you, but it's almost certainly me misreading something. Thanks for noticing, Struway2 (talk) 16:11, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
- Indeed, I can't find any sign of a cup appearance before this season. cheers, Struway2 (talk) 09:30, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Yes, I understand all games are league appearances, I played 15 times for Southport last season ( LEAGUE GAMES )
- Both Soccerbase and Soccerway, links to which are present in the article, list 12 league appearances. If this is incorrect, could you tell me what the three missing appearances are, with citations? And I think you ought to refer to WP:COI and WP:OWN. Thanks, Mattythewhite (talk) 13:48, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
- Southport FC's official website has an excellent stats section, with 2016/17 appearances/scorers, split by league and cups, and 2016/17 full line-ups for all competitions. cheers, Struway2 (talk) 14:05, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
If you check Soccerway it shows I played 12 National League and 2 FA Cup 1st round proper against Fleetwood. I’m going to change my stats for the last time. Please leave it alone!!!! Jordd94 (talk) 10:05, 23 October 2017 (UTC)
- (talk page stalker)@Jordd94: Only domestic league appearances are entered in the infobox. Eagleash (talk) 11:15, 23 October 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for your hard work
I have been editing here for over ten years, but for the past few have decided to no longer use my username. Whenever I look at the edit history on an article, I know that there are some editors whose edits are 100% reliable, although there are few of them. Indeed, I can only think of two - yourself, and User:Struway2. Keep up the good work. Best wishes. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:03, 17 October 2017 (UTC) (formerly User:Daemonic Kangaroo)
- Between us, maybe... (see above). I can still think straight, albeit slowly, but there's an ever-increasing distance between what I think and what I type. Thank you for the kind words, which are appreciated. Struway2 (talk) 15:46, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, it's much appreciated, and I hope you're keeping well. Mattythewhite (talk) 15:56, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
Dates of Tables
I apologize if I have missed some dates for the tables and I will try to be more careful.
I put a source next to the material in the article from the official web page of the Croatian Football Federation where you can see his national team appearances and goals. I don't see why you have a problem. — Preceding unsigned comment added by HipHopRijeka (talk • contribs) 16:10, 18 October 2017 (UTC)
- Not sure why you would need to contact me privately. If you can evidence the three missing appearances, it's fine to do so on this talk page. Mattythewhite (talk) 12:38, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
You clearly know little about Northern Ireland, people like Pat Jennings wouldn't use "Northern Irish" as a national identity because he is from the Irish Catholic community, changing the wording to "player from Northern Ireland" is more suitable because that is not making any assumptions on his national identity, it is obviously a waste of my time changing it though as the editors here obviously have tunnel vision on the issue, I am just glad I am not famous because you fellows won't have the chance to decide my national identity for me on a wikipedia article. Gaelicchief14 (talk) 16:55, 19 October 2017 (UTC)
Re: Mauro Icardi
Hi, i think harry kane has 1 extra appearance that has mistakenly been put on his wiki, just dont wanna change incase wrong