Hi, This is just my talk page, feel free to leave any advice on my edits or ask for help on anything. If you feel I've abused my administrative or BAG powers, please see User:MBisanz/Recall for further instructions to request their removal.
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot III. Threads with no replies in 5 days may be automatically moved. here. An archive index is available here.|
I realise that an uncontroversial re-naming could be done at any time. But user Settleman is presently under discussion at Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Incidents#Proposed_WP:BOOMERANG_for_User:Settleman...and this becomes even messier than the usual I/P-stuff, as user Settleman apparently just ceased to exist (at least under that name), Thoughts? Huldra (talk) 23:38, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
- Apologies. I was not aware of the ANI discussion and have reversed the rename. MBisanz talk 23:56, 20 September 2015 (UTC)
Less than simple rename
Hello. My username history is a bit complex so bear with me while I explain what I want. I was originally HighInBC, I renamed myself to H to avoid being googled during a period harassment(Special:Contributions/H). Later I got in a far worse situation and due to death threats I abandoned that account and created my current account.
At some point I recreated User:HighInBC to avoid someone taking it for impersonation without intending to ever edit under it. Somehow I managed to edit with that account twice, I think using a phone I rarely edit with.
Long story short I would like to rename HighInBC(which has only 2 edits, both by me) to something arbitrary and rename my current account to HighInBC.
I have access to the HighInBC account and can log in to confirm that. I would really rather edit under than name that I passed my RfA under, let me know if this can be done. Chillum 02:46, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- Don't worry. I recall your story. Do you mind if HighInBC on Commons is renamed to something random? MBisanz talk 03:03, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- I don't mind at all. Let me know if you need anything from me, I can make a post from the HighInBC account if you need me to confirm. Chillum 03:07, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- Okay I will do. Chillum 03:41, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- And your rename is now done. Chillum has been moved to HighInBC and HighInBC has been moved to HInBC. MBisanz talk 12:23, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
Thank you. I just need to update my sig now. Chillum 14:21, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
Another rename question
Although not as complicated as Chillum's above, I have been considering changing my account name to Dave, seems as though that user is a long blocked sockpuppet (blocked since 2007), and that account seems to only be a local user, is it possible for me to usurp that name, and globally rename this account to Dave? More complicated since I am an oversighter, I suspect I would have to have a note put on the meta identification noticeboard. This is more of an inquiry before I were to put in a formal request. Cheers, --kelapstick(bainuu) 03:40, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
- kelapstick, I'm sorry, but this seems unlikely to be granted. Even though he was a sock, he has so many edits that it really would be like changing a large number of edits. MBisanz talk 00:47, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 23 September 2015
- Featured content: Inside Duke Humfrey's Library
- In the media: PETA makes "monkey selfie" a three-way copyright battle; Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Technology report: Tech news in brief
- Traffic report: ¡Viva la Revolución! Kinda.
- WikiProject report: Dancing to the beat of a... wikiproject?
Saturday October 3: WikiArte Latin America Edit-a-thon @ MoMA
|Saturday October 3: WikiArte Latin America Edit-a-thon @ MoMA|
You are invited to join us for a full Saturday (drop-in any time!) of social Wikipedia editing at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) for our upcoming "WikiArte" Latin America Edit-a-thon, for Wiki Arte y Cultura Latinoamericana, a communal day of creating, updating, improving, and translating Wikipedia articles about Latin American art and culture.
All are invited, with no specialized knowledge of the subject or Wikipedia editing experience required. We will provide training sessions and resources for beginner Wikipedians, WiFi, reference materials, and suggested topics, as well as childcare and refreshments.
Please bring your laptop, power cord, and ideas for articles that need to be updated, translated, or created. You are welcome to edit all day or drop by to show your support, and to follow #WikiArte on social media!
Trainings for new and less experienced Wikipedia editors will be offered (in English) at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 3:30 p.m. Tutorials and resources in Spanish will be available online, and participants are also encouraged to work on the Spanish and Portuguese language editions of Wikipedia.
P.S. Next event, October 15 - Women in Architecture editathon @ Guggenheim
(You can subscribe/unsubscribe from future notifications for NYC-area events by adding or removing your name from this list.)
The Signpost: 30 September 2015
- Recent research: Wiktionary special; newbies, conflict and tolerance; Is Wikipedia's search function inferior?
- Tech news: Tech news in brief