- 1 Welcome
- 2 WikiProject Italy Barnstar for Contribution to Italian football
- 3 A barnstar for you!
- 4 Other Barnstars I have been awarded
- 5 Thank you!
- 6 This is a mistake, right?
- 7 Handanović
- 8 Coppa Italia
- 9 ITN recognition for Azeglio Vicini
- 10 Football/Juve/Italy/MLS/others
- 11 Sebastiano Rossi / Others
- 12 Paulo Maldini
- 13 Buffon
WikiProject Italy Barnstar for Contribution to Italian football
|Italian Barnstar of National Merit|
|Awarded for contribution to WikiProject Italy, Thank you for your consistent and high quality contributions to Italian football, by Liam E. Bekker (talk) 09:12, 31 January 2017 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!
|The Citation Barnstar|
|I've said this before, but I think it's about time you deserve it in barnstar form: Thanks for all the work you do in cleaning up (especially finding citations) for Italian footballers' articles and hopefully we can get more of them to GA status soon! Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 23:10, 25 April 2016 (UTC)|
Other Barnstars I have been awarded
|The Random Acts of Kindness Barnstar|
|Thank you for being friendly and willing to discuss .|
This is a mistake, right?
Hey, I found a player who was eligible to Wikipedia nearly three years ago but still hasn't been created. He's in one of my many sandboxes now. Anyway, as you can see from my profile, I study Italian and speak it with friends. Surely here they should say "dal Bologna" or "al Cagliari"?
- I'm very near publishing, I have to just do his international section. I will alert you once it is published '''tAD''' (talk) 03:57, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
Alessandro Capello is now published. I've noticed a lot of references to him being the property of Internazionale, can you find the details on that. I know that these shared ownership deals are common in Italy. If the page is satisfactory, we can nominate it to be in the Did You Know section on the main page. '''tAD''' (talk) 04:04, 19 August 2015 (UTC)
Hello Messirulez, im asking you a favour. Can you please add the section "style of play" at Samir Handanović, bcz i have seen that you are able to find the right sources that describe his playing style, like you have done in other articles. Thanks. --Sadsadas (talk) 19:45, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
Hello, my friend, do you have time to create more seasons in Coppa Italia, there are many red links and many of the seasons have just the final ! (Copy Paste from Italian Wikipedia and translate what is for translate) - let us now more about Italian Cup. I will take you in my team (read on my page) - you can reply to me here! Thank you again and edit when you have time, even one edition per week is good if you can edit !--Alexiulian25 (talk) 19:37, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
ITN recognition for Azeglio Vicini
Sorry to bother you again. Firstly, good job with all the tweaks on the Del Piero article. I also noticed you added a note for Cannovaro's captaincy on the records article, good job pointing that out. Now for the question: I noticed that Cannavaro's captaincy ends in 2010, after the 2010 WC, while Buffon's captaincy starts in 2011 (not 2010). Obviously Buffon got injured in the 2010 WC so he couldn't make it back to action until early 2011 (when he finally got the captain band), but there were also a few games in between that time. Do you know if someone else assumed captain for that brief time or did they just not have a captain for that time? I noticed that for some players in the captaincy list, there are one year gaps like Buffon's case, but that could just be because they were relieved from captaincy duties late in the year and then the very next game happened to be in the following year (if that makes sense). Do you think a note would be worth placing a mention for that or do you think it's not necessary? Thanks. Regards, Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 16:09, 22 July 2016 (UTC)
Francesco Totti Featured Article
Hi Messirulez, I've been looking at the work you and Vaselineeeeeeee did on the Francesco Totti page to get it to GA status and I think it's really close to (if not already at) a Featured Article level of quality. You guys should definitely look to have it promoted to FA. Great work by the way! Cheers, Liam E. Bekker (talk) 11:28, 2 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Liam E. Bekker: Thanks Liam. I'll inquire with User:Jaguar, who promoted Totti to GA to see if he thinks it could be. Regards, Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 12:42, 2 June 2017 (UTC)
- @Liam E. Bekker: Thanks, Liam! And tlanks @Vaselineeeeeeee: for your help with the article as well! And fingers crossed for tomorrow, hopefully Juve can finally win the Champions League again after all these years! Best, Messirulez (talk) 18:13, 2 June 2017 (UTC)
"Doping scandal" surrounding 1996 CL Juve
Hi there. There is a pretty long and tiring discussion at Talk:Juventus F.C. and WT:FOOTY regarding the "doping scandal" of the 1996 CL Juve. If you can, please review Dante's sources, as you can understand the Italian better than me, as well as pose anything that may make the other users constant additions more balanced. It might not belong in the Juve page directly, maybe the History of Juventus F.C. instead...but we can't have POV maintenance templates at Antonio Conte or Alessandro Del Piero, especially because Del Piero is a Good Article. Also at 1996 UEFA Champions League Final. Thanks. Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 22:54, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
Football records in Italy
Hey! I wanted to let you know that earlier I changed 390 to 391 for Silvio Piola's highest goals scored in all competitions if Divisione Nazionale and Italy B were considered at Football records in Italy#Highest-scoring Italian players in all competitions, as the numbers weren't adding up. Also, there was a new page created List of Serie A hat-tricks, which shows Gunnar Nordahl with the most hat-tricks at 17, which seems to be a discrepancy from Football records in Italy#Most hat-tricks in Serie A listing Filippo Inzaghi at 10. I'm a little busy, so I'd take a deeper look into it later, but if you've got time to take a look that'd be cool, thanks! (fingers crossed for TFC and a good Juve CL draw!) Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 16:46, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
Maldini for GA...soon
Hey, so I've asked Jaguar, whom I'm sure you remember, to take a look at Paolo Maldini to give us some advice on getting it ready, as it's almost there. This is what he said: "I skimmed through the article earlier (I don't have time to do a full review at the moment) and it looks like the prose is in a good enough standard. It definitely meets the broadness aspect of the GA criteria. I did notice that the first paragraph of the Early career and 1990 World Cup subsection is unsourced, and that having both a picture and two quote boxes conflict with MOS guidelines as it squashes the text. It's certainly in good shape though—with a little polishing it should pass a GA review." We should do some recon on this soon–I will have some more time next week. Thanks. Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 20:30, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
Hey, if you look at the edit history of Byron Moreno, you'll see my "fight" to include any tidbits of information from this ref in the 2002 World Cup. It was a battle to include what was already included before you made an addition...I wouldn't be surprised if he reverts again. I really don't see anything wrong with it, as it is mostly impartial as you said. I think he just wants it more at 2002 FIFA World Cup knockout stage#South Korea vs Italy... Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 01:26, 13 November 2017 (UTC)
Hey! So someone removed Giacinto Facchetti's career stats table because there was no source. I tried looking at soccerway and espnfc, but it doesn't look like they have his profile on there. If you can find any, that'd be good. Regards, Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 18:09, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- haha ok thanks. And ya, I know what you mean about him.....but I guess if you follow by the book to the T, then that's how it is, but I don't think it's a reason to get rid of the whole table. Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 18:23, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
Sebastiano Rossi / Others
this is me, formerly AlwaysLearning and former IP number 18.104.22.168, making minor cleanups after your additions. I am sorry if I screwed up the display of the ref from ESPN FC site, I was not aware of what you were trying to do.
- Any news on the Higuaín suspension front (i.e number of matches to be served)? I hope Napoli lose all their games until they continue with this anti-Italian approach (same goes for Inter, Roma, Fiore, etc), but with several goals coming from the Argentine. Incredible, Ronaldo and his narcissistic approach ("Screw the team, give me my Pichichi/Golden Balls/Golden Shoes") reaping benefits from all quadrants (regarding the Golden Shoe, Higuaín seems the only adversary of note, as Jonas will not win it due to the fact they play four games less in Portugal, he would need a couple - if not more - of hat-tricks and pokers)!
Please note that I think Higuaín was very well sent off and he deserves a lofty suspension (inexcusable antics towards the man in black), as did Ronaldo for kicking FIVE opponents this season but "nobody" saw anything it seems. Ciao! --Be Quiet AL (talk) 17:38, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
- Could not agree more with you, my wikifriend. Ah, the joyful past (Gentile was really as tough as they came, for example saying after his marking of Maradona at the 1982 FIFA World Cup, "Football is for men, not ballerinas"). Another shining example of what you wrote is this bulldozing work of art by Ronaldo Nazário (see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE774yQX6uQ).
- Always GREAT to read your detailed views, to be totally honest. Have a nice weekend, kudos! P.S.: this is still me, editing from my place of work (both are static IPs, so I'm easily "caught") --22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:02, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
Bits and pieces
Hi there MR, this is AL editing from his place of work,
Atalanta got fourth place over Lazio, terrific! Crotone managed to stay up after an incredible comeback, also neat ;) Speaking about Lazio, what is wrong with Federico Marchetti? Injuries, technical decisions, run-in with manager/board of directors? Has not appeared in months.
Next Saturday, go Juve! Regards, happy week (PS. should you wish to reply me, please do so to my IP at home, this one (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199)) --188.8.131.52 (talk) 12:50, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, particularly noticeable were Kean's maiden goal (plenty of morale for the lad there) and Totti's retirement (we know he was not earning minimum wage at Roma, but still that's love for one club right there). For me, Dani Alves was the steal of the season overall, chap still running up and down (and with quality, not like a crazy chicken) at the age of 34!
Regarding Emiliano Audero, I am almost sure you can create his page even not being an administrator man, I think the only time where you cannot is when you don't have an account (like in my case). Take care --184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:33, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
Hi. Sorry for talk page stalking, but Emil Audero cannot be created even with user accounts other than admins because the page was permanently deleted in the past when it was against guidelines (must have at least one professional appearance) due to WP:SALT. I raised the issue at WT:FOOTY#Emil Audero. Regards, Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 19:06, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
- No worries for TPS User:Vaselineeeeeeee, when it's done in good faith as was the case. Thanks for the explanation, regards back from Portugal! --220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:08, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
- Hi! An admin has rectified the situation and any registered user can create Emil Audero now, if you wish to do so. Thanks. Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 20:20, 29 May 2017 (UTC)
Me with an account, so i write here if it's not too much of a confusion :) Can you please help out at Pedro Neto if need be? I read the Italian source i just added to accompany the new storyline very carefully, it does not to be a loan deal as ZEROZERO (a Portuguese external link, Portuguese like him) seems to imply.
Please do correct/remove anything if you see it fit. Thanks in advance, best (also, really "cool" to see Portuguese clubs doing what they do best, saying a big "up yours" to the homegrown talent, oh wait, like Lazio!!) --Quite A Character (talk) 18:54, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks! Of course, I trust your judgement completely, but where does it say in the Corriere article it is a loan? I cannot see it anywhere :( --Quite A Character (talk) 10:49, 11 September 2017 (UTC)
Simone Inzaghi / Others
Hi there MR,
please take a look at this message I sent to our fellow user (see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Mattythewhite#Simone_Inzaghi), maybe you'll see what's wrong as you originally added the reference. Additionally, I might as well inform you that I now clicked on the article and it did not work for me, maybe it's just available for Corriere registered users?
- Sporting condolences, kind fellow user. But Buffon sure is a class act that seems to (fortunately) not go away, cheering the Swedish anthem as the idiotic Italian fans booed (no, nothing against Italy mate, I remember ten years or so ago, when the Portuguese fans booed the anthem from...ANDORRA! So there, no one can say they are better than anyone, even though they often do) in another display of sportsmanship as per use. This World Cup? Just as long as Portugal does not win it (you heard me well) I'm fine, sick and tired of Ronaldo, his antics and him being put on the pedestal by the media (a TV channel - granted it was this piece of garbage (with whom the player himself has had feuds in the past!), but still - thought it would be news of great interest to report LIVE when his latest/first natural son - who DOES NOT CARRY the mother's surname, and good luck on finding that particular news on the Portuguese web, that is bad news for the golden boy, and we can't have none of that! - was born and also when the mother and baby left the hospital) and the general population. I support no clubs, and the Portugal NT is nothing but that with the country's flag stitched in the shirt.
Sorry for the "tangled testament" above :) My request now, if possible: I browsed the Italian web looking for refs for Dimas Teixeira's spell at Juventus, but could only find these two season pages from their website where the player is not mentioned at all, except for the column at the right where he is referred to as being part of the championship-winning squad; do you think you can find some newspaper article or akin mentioning his plight under Lippi (a starter in his first two seasons, then did not play at all and had to leave for Turkey)? Only one source is enough, don't bother too much.
- Thanks, man! And de Rossi's gesture of not wanting to take the pitch because Italy had to WIN and needed FORWARDS was also quite endearing. I think Barzagli, Chiellini and Gigi will have a "club treat" in store for you at the end of the season, they're not done yet! Best, thanks for your hard work (in Dimas and overall) again --Quite A Character (talk) 16:06, 16 November 2017 (UTC)
Back to Mr. Inzaghi: are you sure he was awarded a medal for the 2009 Supercoppa Italiana? I think it's customary here to not award accolade if player does not even make bench (or plays zero seconds in tournament even if a part of squad), EVEN if club/general websites bestow the honour.
- Hi there! To be fair, i usually insert the playoff stats in the infobox too, provided we keep it consistent (i.e. adding playoff stats for ALL clubs not just some). I honestly do not know if there is any particular guideline for or against such an insertion, but i think i "heard through the wikigrapevine" that it's best if they stay out of the box and in the charts we usually insert at the bottom of the article, after wording and before honours.
Quite, quite easy my wiki-friend :) I tried to translate the very last source found in this guy's article, but came up short in the expression "no eccellenti". Please step up, fill in the blanks... Best, thanks in advance --Quite A Character (talk) 10:06, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
Hi there mate, all well?
Like i said in my summary, i really feel if the player only stays at Inter until 30 June, that bit of storyline should belong in the BARCELONA sub-section, but if he finally signs permanently of course he should have a INTER section.
"Whatever" in my second summary meant i am growing tired of edit wars and akin (not saying you and i have engaged in such a behaviour, the farthest from the truth), and also i don't want to make it look like i don't respect your work because i do, hence i left the article with your (current) version.
Hi there, how's it going?
A little assistance here if you can: just added some refs to this obscure (he promised so much at the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup) player, but cannot make heads or tails out of source #4. Don't know if "il vice Marchi" refers to a person, a team nickname, whatever.
- I have already mended the grammatical part, sorry for screwing that one :( Regarding the (non)usage of "Lega" i am afraid i don't concur, surely that can mislead some readers until they (assuming they know some Italian) read the newspaper article. In all my (11) years of editing, i have NEVER added a word to the translation title that was not in the original one.
- Ah, indeed, i did not mean translate ALL the refs verbatim, and you also have to take idiomatic expressions and akin into consideration! Just in cases like this, of course. Enjoy the new week --Quite A Character (talk) 19:42, 11 February 2018 (UTC)
Hi there MR, all well?
Let's see if Juve finally best Real, although i'm not feeling all that confident, the Spaniards ONLY care about winning the CL (and i don't say this season, i say ALWAYS!) so they rest all their starters the weekend before the European tie. Also, Ronaldo is considered dead pretty much midway through each and every one of the last 2/3 seasons, then he "wakes up" (he's pretty much all power and positioning now, but there he still holds a big advantage in regard to 99,999999999999% of the players) precisely in "his" competition (the only one he also cares to win, that and the Ballon d'Or)!
All the best for you, RIP Davide Astori (i did not manage to talk to you every since this happened, quite reminiscent of the Daniel Jarque tragedy, happened in Italy - and in Florence - by the way) and get well Pelayo Novo García (what a silly accident)! --Quite A Character (talk) 17:00, 3 April 2018 (UTC)
- Guess not, a shame... Another "plea for assistance", if you please: in Nicolas Frey, what does "corsara" - shown in reference #2 - exactly mean? I know it can be related to pirates ("corsaro", a privateer), but the connotation here is not that one am i correct? Best, thanks in advance --Quite A Character (talk) 20:46, 4 April 2018 (UTC)
- Hope all's well with you, you have been wiki-absent for a long time... Game of the title in Italy has kicked off, THREE ITALIANS fielded the two teams combined, pathetic and disgusting (of course, the "horrible" Marchisio did not even make the squad AGAIN)! --Quite A Character (talk) 18:58, 22 April 2018 (UTC)
Can you show me on the AC Milan website where it says he won 5 Italian Super Cups and I'll leave it? His AC Milan page does not appear to list a trophy count, and there is still the question of the European Super Cup he was not involved in the squad for. Davefelmer (talk) 15:56, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
- An IP added back the 2007 UEFA Super Cup, should it be there or not? I noticed you added it back after Dave removed it, but then later removed it. Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 23:45, 24 May 2018 (UTC)
Hey what do you think of the whole Oliver controversy with Buffon, in the sense that should it belong in his season section or his controversy section? I've had the debate with myself a few times, but I always come back to the season section because it's something that happened in the season and was an actual game, so I think it wouldn't be right to just include it in the controversy section, which is probably less looked at, but then seems also wrong to not have it in the controversy section, since, well, it is controversy. I've thought about including pieces in both sections, but didn't want to duplicate any info, but there needs to be appropriate context. I thought of just including the the ban part in the controversy section, has he was charged and given a 3 match ban today. It might make more sense since the ban occurred when he technically was done with Juve. Maybe if he really does sign for PSG, we'd move it to somewhere in the beginning of his PSG section, since the ban would impact his PSG matches. But yeah...so whaddya think? Regards, Vaselineeeeeeee★★★ 13:46, 5 June 2018 (UTC)