Start a new talk topic.
Re: DZAY Alay Radyo
Though actually the one you just blocked appears to be a Betrand101 sockpuppet, as his propensity for creating bogus radio station articles is his modus operandi, amongst other things. Blake Gripling (talk) 07:22, 13 January 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (January 2017). This first issue is being sent out to all administrators, if you wish to keep receiving it please subscribe. Your feedback is welcomed.
- NinjaRobotPirate • Schwede66 • K6ka • Ealdgyth • Ferret • Cyberpower678 • Mz7 • Primefac • Dodger67
- Briangotts • JeremyA • BU Rob13
- A discussion to workshop proposals to amend the administrator inactivity policy at Wikipedia talk:Administrators has been in process since late December 2016.
- Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment 2016 closed with no consensus for implementing Pending changes level 2 with new criteria for use.
- Following an RfC, an activity requirement is now in place for bots and bot operators.
- When performing some administrative actions the reason field briefly gave suggestions as text was typed. This change has since been reverted so that issues with the implementation can be addressed. (T34950)
- Following the latest RfC concluding that Pending Changes 2 should not be used on the English Wikipedia, an RfC closed with consensus to remove the options for using it from the page protection interface, a change which has now been made. (T156448)
- The Foundation has announced a new community health initiative to combat harassment. This should bring numerous improvements to tools for admins and CheckUsers in 2017.
- JohnCD (John Cameron Deas) passed away on 30 December 2016. John began editing Wikipedia seriously during 2007 and became an administrator in November 2009.
13:37, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
February 18 Wikipedia Day event in DTLA
|LA Wikipedia Day Celebration (February 18)|
Dear fellow Wikipedian,
Please join us at our Wikipedia Day celebration at the Ace Hotel in downtown Los Angeles on Saturday, February 18, 2017 from 11 am to 5 pm! This event will feature lectures, panel discussions, lightning talks, open space discussions and collaboration, and--most importantly--cake! Please RSVP on the event page if you're thinking of joining us.
YOU COMMENTED: Information icon Hello, I'm Mfield. I wanted to let you know that one or more external links you added to Revolving stage have been removed because they seemed to be inappropriate for an encyclopedia. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page, or take a look at our guidelines about links. Thank you. Mfield (Oi!) 04:21, 20 February 2017 (UTC)
WE COMMENT: We are the largest rotostage manufacturer and renter in the US, probably the world. We updated the page because it was nearly completely inaccurate and not useful. Rotating stages are not primarily theater pieces, 20 times more use is in trade shows and musical shows, not to mention weddings. Modern stages are not build as indicated. The links we provided is to the current rotostage webpage, and contains the web's most up to date information about rotating stages now available in the marketplace.If you want to keep the unhelpful, misleading content we will not attempt to assist further. I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bob H. Amerevent Group. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 15:21, 22 February 2017 (UTC)
Yamashiro Historic District images
Would you mind taking a look here Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_California/Los_Angeles_task_force#Yamashiro_Historic_District_images for your help, or ask a user in the task force who might be able to help? Thank you very much. Gryffindor (talk) 15:08, 29 April 2017 (UTC)
Come and join us at the Wiknic
|LA Meetup: 6th Wiknic, 7/15 @ Pan Pacific Park|
Dear fellow Wikipedian,
You are cordially invited to the 6th Los Angeles Wiknic, a part of the nationwide Great American Wiknic. We'll be grilling, getting to know each other better, and building the L.A. Wikipedia community! The event is planned for Pan-Pacific Park and will be held on Saturday, July 15, 2017 from 9:30am to 4pm or so. Please RSVP and volunteer to bring food or drinks if possible!