- 1 Happy New Year
- 2 Happy New Year!
- 3 Happy New Year Milowent!
- 4 Happy New Year Milowent!
- 5 Are you doing the Traffic report?
- 6 A beer for you!
- 7 A brownie for you!
- 8 Any reason why no 'Free Neotarf' picture?
- 9 January 2015
- 10 2014 list
- 11 New report?
- 12 Jessica Dykstra
- 13 This should help you with the top 25 report :-)
- 14 Top 25 report
- 15 Presentation proposal for Wikimania 2015
- 16 Thanks!
- 17 Top 25 - March 22-28 2015
- 18 Isa Khan
Happy New Year
|Happy New Year !!!|
|Michael Q. Schmidt talkback is wishing you Season's Greetings! This message celebrates the holiday season, promotes WikiLove, and hopefully makes your day a little better. Spread the seasonal good cheer by wishing another user a Merry Christmas and aHappy New Year, whether it be someone with whom you had disagreements in the past, a good friend, or just some random person. Share the good feelings. - MQS|
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year Milowent!
Happy New Year Milowent!
Are you doing the Traffic report?
- User:Serendipodous, I want to do it, and I know its my job this week, but I've been swamped. In about 1.5 hours I will get it started and hopefully can bang it out.--Milowent • hasspoken 20:48, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
A beer for you!
|Couldn't find a glass of wine for the Chaddsford Winery article. Nothing better than a glass of red and a good book. Cheers! Mattwheatley (talk) 01:10, 12 January 2015 (UTC)|
A brownie for you!
|Vote for Loren Lott! LonelyLaura (talk) 22:04, 13 January 2015 (UTC)|
Any reason why no 'Free Neotarf' picture?
I've just noticed your Free Carol picture. There may be background problems of which I'm unaware, but from what I read of the Arbcom discussions, I found the banning of Neotarf a great deal harder to understand than the banning of Carol. So is there any reason why you are not showing a 'Free Neotarf' picture on your home page? And any reason why I shouldn't at least think about adding one on my own? Tlhslobus (talk) 05:33, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
- Tlhslobus, to be honest I only followed that arbitration enough to know Carol's banning was absurd. She's wacky and can push buttons, but no ban was warranted. I'm not a member of GGTF and not sure they'd even want me; I happen to have written many articles about women simply because they were missing articles that we should have.--Milowent • hasspoken 05:42, 14 January 2015 (UTC)
Please do not create pages that attack, threaten, or disparage their subject. Attack pages and files are not tolerated by Wikipedia and are speedily deleted. Users who create or add such material may be blocked from editing Wikipedia. Thank you. McGeddon (talk) 23:17, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- Looks like that was the default and deliberately oblique speedy-deletion message from Twinkle. I flagged the ViralNova redirect for deletion because you'd pointed it at link bait, a pejorative. Possibly it made more sense at the time and the target article had something to say, but it reads like a deliberate attack in the current context. --McGeddon (talk) 23:20, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the explanation, McGeddon. In December 2013 the link bait article did not describe it as a perjorative, and included click bait in its content.. Indeed I created Clickbait to redirect to link bait at that time. The current Clickbait article notes that Upworthy has been described as clickbait, and ViralNova is a cheaper clone of Upworthy that suddenly became popular in December 2013.. Indeed, ViralNova is clickbait and I have no clue why that is "perjorative". Its a business model, we don't delete patent medicine articles as pejorative.--Milowent • hasspoken 00:43, 16 January 2015 (UTC)
- looks good! How can we popularize this? A separate traffic report piece? As for the numbers, i have no idea. Remember that this years data includes only some mobile data, and as more internet traffic shifts to mobile, who knows. Facebook dropped from 30 million views to 20 million, but i don't think Facebook is dying. But we can draw some neat 2013/2014 comparisons: The biggest death of each year: Nelson Mandela v. Robin Willliams. Biggest TV show: Breaking Bad v. Game of Thrones. Biggest female celebrity: Jennifer Lawrence v. Arianna Grande. --Milowent • hasspoken 00:34, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- User:The ed17 says we can put in an article next week. Also we should link to it from the Top 25 report (something I didn't do last year). BTW, I hope you're not doing the Traffic Report; the delay this week means we missed the Signpost, so it's probably best to skip the week and get back up to date next week, rather than being a week behind for eternity. Serendipodous 12:46, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Whoa, the signpost published on time? Thanks for the heads up! I'll complete the Top 25 for this week, but likely without great detail. I can still do next week if you'd like.--Milowent • hasspoken 13:41, 22 January 2015 (UTC)
- Deunanknute, for reason stated in my edit summary, "regardless of notability, those pages are variations or mirrors of the prior version of this article - remove speedy deletion template". This article has been deleted twice before I believe, but the other sites copied it.--Milowent • hasspoken 05:49, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
- Oh, I thought you were referring to the article being a variation of it's deleted version. Thanks. Deunanknute (talk) 06:27, 10 February 2015 (UTC)
This should help you with the top 25 report :-)
Top 25 report
- Thanks for the kind words Wikimandia! You can also find us in the Signpost every week with an abbreviated (top 10) list, and a recent annual report Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2015-01-28/Special report.--Milowent • hasspoken 15:26, 21 February 2015 (UTC)
Presentation proposal for Wikimania 2015
|How to pick up more women...|
|Hello! Victuallers and I have developed a proposal for a talk to be presented at Wikimania 2015. It's titled, How to pick up more women... -- as in more women editors and more women's biographies. Examples include the Edit-a-thon blitz during WikiWomen's History Month and the "new articles" work underway by WikiProject Women Writers. The Wikimania talk proposal review process has begun and there's no guarantee that this proposal will be accepted. That's where you come in. Please review our proposal and give us feedback. Ultimately, we hope you add your name to the signup at the bottom of the proposal which signifies you're interested in the talk (it does not signify you'll be attending the event). Thank you! Rosiestep (talk) 22:23, 22 February 2015 (UTC)|
Top 25 - March 22-28 2015
For reference this week: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/bhutanese-passport
Oh, and in case you missed some gleeful political irony: http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/mar/25/jess-mcintosh/liberty-u-students-faced-fine-if-they-skipped-cruz/
People really seem to care about this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3014961/Zayn-Malk-continues-low-profile-makes-swift-exit-home-quitting-One-Direction.html
I mean REALLY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_n5K2txsHA
Breaking Bad and Wayne Gretzky look fake.
Oh, and in case you are one of the three males on Earth (and me) who don't watch Top Gear: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc Serendipodous 10:56, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the early scoops! That passport thing is odd to be that popular., apparently its been around awhile but only got viral enough this past week, though I don't see a reddit thread helping it get there yet. The know your meme page is only 4 days old which is good indicator that it was a low-level joke before now. Odd that its #1 despite not being an culturally widespread as something like the Harlem Shake was.--Milowent • hasspoken 11:42, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
And the kiljoys killed the audio recording. I don't know why; everyone said to keep the original. Still, I suppose this is an abject lesson in why Wikipedia is such a poor meme generator. Weird that they subbed what was apparently a genuine Bhutanese guy for someone who sounds Dutch. Serendipodous 16:53, 29 March 2015 (UTC)
Still on Youtube though! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdDD9ViRZz4
and it already has its own remixes!
- I reverted you, the category is not to be used for people. Do it again and you shall be banished for eternity.--Milowent • hasspoken 19:55, 31 March 2015 (UTC)