|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
- 1 Re:Alpha Kappa Alpha
- 2 Signpost updated for October 29th, 2007.
- 3 RfA
- 4 An article which you started, or significantly expanded, Beulah Burke, was selected for DYK!
- 5 Miranda!
- 6 RfA
- 7 Question
- 8 Graaagh!
- 9 Thanks!
- 10 Thanks...
- 11 Image:Qxz-ad106.gif
- 12 Re:Deletion
- 13 WP:OK banner
- 14 FA
- 15 DYK
- 16 Reversion of Edits
- 17 DYK
- 18 Thankspam
- 19 AKA
- 20 An article which you started, or significantly expanded, Nellie Pratt Russell, was selected for DYK!
- 21 Great job!
- 22 Cookie
- 23 Youngstown, Ohio
- 24 Hi
- 25 Image:EAF.gif listed for deletion
- 26 DYK
- 27 RfA thanks
- 28 You deserve so much more
- 29 Thanks
- 30 Orphaned non-free media (Image:Quander.jpg)
- 31 B-class or start-class
- 32 Barnstar
- 33 My RfA
- 34 Sigh...
In looking over the article again, I see that many of my initial review concerns have yet to be addressed. I think the easiest way would be to pull the review out of archive and strike-through issues as they are addressed. We can also discuss any disagreements with points there, etc. Let me know if you'd like to work on it this way. It would be easier than typing it all out again. Lara❤Love 22:12, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- Done It's revisited. Miranda 23:37, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
Signpost updated for October 29th, 2007.
|Volume 3, Issue 44||29 October 2007||About the Signpost|
|Home | Archives | Newsroom | Tip Line | Single-Page View||Shortcut : WP:POST|
You are receiving this message because you have signed up for the Signpost spamlist. If you wish to stop receiving these messages, simply remove your name from the list. Ralbot 05:56, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
You're supposed to vote, not fill the page with ads! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! – Gurch 13:18, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
- LOL, ok. Miranda 13:18, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
An article which you started, or significantly expanded, Beulah Burke, was selected for DYK!
- YAY! This made my day. :-D Miranda 01:02, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
I cannot believe I haven't noticed this before, but I was reading the Signpost, and I noticed your 100th ad, and I wanted to say congrats, even if it is a little belated! Bushcarrot Talk Please Sign! Let's go Lightning! 01:26, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. Miranda 10:23, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
Hi, thank you for your comments on my recent RfA, which unfortunately f... oh, screw it, I'm not doing this 67 times. Nobody likes me :( – Gurch 14:31, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yes they do. No one likes me. That's why I am leaving after certain requirements are met. :-( Miranda 16:47, 2 November 2007 (UTC)
Hi there. I've got a question and please feel free to get annoyed and say no. I've been looking into making an ad for Wikiproject Oklahoma; Is there any chance you (or perhaps someone else) who has made ads in the past be willing to help? I was planning on making one anyway, but it's been a while since I've made a GIF. Okiefromoklatalk to me 20:40, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yes. I will make this one, but it will be ready next week. Miranda 20:41, 3 November 2007 (UTC)
- o.O Miranda 00:57, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
|Thanks for participating in my request for adminship, which ended with 56 supports, one oppose, and one neutral. I hope to accomplish beyond what is expected of me and work to help those that lent me their trust. east.718 at 02:37, 11/4/2007|
...for the welcome back! Tijuana Brass 00:50, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
Done -- 10:41, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
Reversion of Edits
Please leave well enough alone. When one wants to leave, one cleans up after himself. I just happen to be developing a bot for just such purposes. ( not that wikipedia would offer help to other wiki's plagued by spammers ). Thanks. ( ya, and it IS my IP ). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs)
- Okay, thought it was vandalism, hence the weird edit summary. Miranda 12:39, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
- Commented. Miranda 06:14, 15 November 2007 (UTC)
An article which you started, or significantly expanded, Nellie Pratt Russell, was selected for DYK!
Miranda, I would like to present you with this pumpkin pie, as a way of saying thanks for all your work, especially recently, and especially on NPHC and AKA related articles. Your edits do not go unnoticed, and they are appreciated! —ScouterSig 15:23, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. Felt a little sad...before...and thought my work was going unnoticed. Miranda 02:40, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
This is for your recent edit to Oklahoma (), in which this sentence was formed: "the state's capital and largest city is located in Oklahoma City." It really put a smile on my face, plus it was just downright Okie-ish. Glad to have you in the club! Keep up the good work. It's definently Cookie worthy. ;) Okiefromokla's sockpuppet/talk 05:29, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thought the grammar in a few sentences of the lead intro sucked in a featured article. Gnomish... Miranda 11:44, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Hello Miranda. I am an editor who has been heavily involved with Youngstown, Ohio. It has been peer reviewed twice and is now up for its second FA nom. I have been quite attached to the article and feel that some fresh eyes to read it over would be beneficial. If you have some time, please give it a read and give some comments if you are able. The FA nom can be found here. I know you are busy with your other FA noms, but your help is appreciated. --Daysleeper47 (talk) 13:31, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
- No. Sorry. Miranda 16:38, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Image:EAF.gif listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, Image:EAF.gif, has been listed at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. —PNG crusade bot (feedback) 18:46, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Just wanted to say thanks for supporting me! Please find your thank you card here, should you wish to see it. I'm honored to have received your support. All the best, ~Eliz81(C) 02:26, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
You deserve so much more
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For no less than one bazillion-jillion productive edits to Alpha Kappa Alpha, List of Alpha Kappa Alpha sisters, and another umptillion Fraternity and sorority articles. Your work has not gone unnoticed! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!—ScouterSig 03:16, 24 November 2007 (UTC)|
- No problem. The red "e" in delete is just my trademark; others in the collection include keep, redirect, merge, transfer, and no consensus. east.718 at 07:55, November 24, 2007
- Okay. Miranda 07:58, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free media (Image:Quander.jpg)
Thanks for uploading Image:Quander.jpg. The media description page currently specifies that it is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, it is currently orphaned, meaning that it is not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the media was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that media for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
If you have uploaded other unlicensed media, please check whether they're used in any articles or not. You can find a list of 'image' pages you have edited by clicking on the "my contributions" link (it is located at the very top of any Wikipedia page when you are logged in), and then selecting "Image" from the dropdown box. Note that all non-free media not used in any articles will be deleted after seven days, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. Thank you. BetacommandBot (talk) 11:49, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- I, Miranda, do hereby give permission to any administrator watching my talk page to delete this image. Miranda 13:40, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
B-class or start-class
Hi, Wizardman. I am wondering what the main difference is between start-class and B-class articles, like on Norma Elizabeth Boyd. I assessed this as start at first, but am thinking that this is a B article. I generally work with sorority related articles, and not the Wikiproject Biography, and I don't know the recent standards. Your independent assessment is helpful. Thanks. Miranda 14:00, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- In the case of Norma Elizabeth Boyd, from the looks of it I would consider it a B-Class article, personally. From my understanding of the class system (many slightly different opinions are floating around), A B-Class article is one that is generally "complete". This means that the person's full life is covered, at least some parts are referenced, and it flows pretty well. Since the article passes these three for me, I'd consider that a B-Class. A start-class is an article that perhaps isn't completely wikified due to lack of information, or one that is simply missing a chunk of the person's life. (This would mean that some article are perpetually start-class, unfortunately). That's my take on it at least, hope that answered your question. Wizardman 16:13, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks for reviewing it, because I wanted to ask another person, due to the obvious COI. Cheers. Miranda 22:27, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, weird that I thought of that. Miranda 23:41, 25 November 2007 (UTC)UTC)