|Please leave messages and questions below.
If I left you a message please answer on your talk page.
Sorted by date:
- 1 Dublin Airport
- 2 Please help
- 3 References
- 4 Boodles
- 5 What constitutes vandalism?
- 6 will you please stop stalking me
- 7 Free clue
- 8 Euromillions edits
- 9 RIC
- 10 Help improve page
- 11 Arklow Town AFD
- 12 Operation Flavius
- 13 Back2Basics
- 14 Antrim Forum now definitely notable with new content
- 15 Irish Free State map
Could you please stop editing Dublin Airport to say that it is located in Fingal as Fingal is not a county. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Dobbs1996 (talk • contribs) 22:38, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
Can you please help recreate my Antrim Forum article in a more notable fashion? Sorry about our big fight. This is what I have so far:
The Antrim Forum is a multi-purpose activity centre located in Antrim, Northern Ireland. It opened in 1972 as the largest of its kind in Northern Ireland and still is to this day. The Antrim Forum has been home to the Antrim Hockey Club since 1991.During the 1980s it was a popular venue for concerts, hosting acts such as Ozzy Osbourne, Meat Loaf, Dio, Status Quo and Metallica.
- I think you are failing to understand what makes a place/building/venue notable. Clear media coverage is one, not a list of where bands are preforming, or a mentioning in an article on a website or in a paper. This link here WP:GEOFEAT is the one that has to satisfied for buidlings
- Buildings, including private residences and commercial developments can be notable as a result of their historic, social, economic, or architectural importance. They require significant coverage by reliable, third-party sources to establish notability
- So you have to prove significant coverage by reliable, third-party sources to establish notability, for the article.
- And one phrase you use in your message to me sticks out
- "recreate my Antrim Forum article"
- We may create articles on here, but we dont own them, there is no my.
- BTW there was no big fight, we discussed from two different viewpoints, which is what is meant to happen.
- Hope this info helps, but I cant see significant coverage of the topic still. If you find it add it here, and I will help you put forward an article for creation. Murry1975 (talk) 12:46, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
He's a Director of the company. He's not just with the company. We know his role in the company. So why are you removing it? It's not puffery, it's just a fact. He's a director. Not a janitor or a Chairman.Zigzig20s (talk) 18:36, 4 February 2014 (UTC) OK, that's fine.Zigzig20s (talk) 18:41, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
What constitutes vandalism?
- Depends. How long is a piece of string? Mabuska (talk) 23:06, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
will you please stop stalking me
Stop editing all my stuff what I put up ,it's like your stalking me,peil is not a word in Irish and what is with the gealic word after it ,it does not make sense in Ireland it' just football , you must be from the north football is soccer ,please I do not want to block you ,please I am not trying to be mean — Preceding unsigned comment added by Tupolevjet (talk • contribs) 22:37, 5 February 2014 (UTC)
- I only edit your mistakes ;)
- A quick Irish lesson
- playing football = ag imirt peile
- Football = peil
- Now hopefully you can see this link to a dictionary. Murry1975 (talk) 16:03, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
At the top of my talk page, there is an infobox identifying me as one of the 400 most active Wikipedians and an admin. I reverted a spam link. I also blocked the spammer who inserted it. Guy (Help!) 21:11, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
- Spot on, my friend! You are now elevated to the ranks of Senior Rule Ingnorer :-) Guy (Help!) 00:11, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
Hi there, I see that you have restored an edit that was added by Peterwilson69 on the Euromillions page. I consider that edit to be spam as the citation is to a website that sells Euromillions tickets.
I have raised this edit with the administrators after Peterwilson69 threatened to block me, this led to his edit being reverted and him being blocked by them as a spammer. Yet now you have restored his edit.
Please consider reversing your changes or else explain your reasoning here.
Just realised you did a revert of the IP as I was editing the section, so just a heads up that my edit sumary is directed at them. Do we need "armed" in the lede? I removed it as the following sentence mentions "unarmed" which to me implies the RIC was armed, as many police services are. I also don't think we need to state the partition in the first sentence as it is mentioned in the last sentence of the paragraph where it gets a little more explanation so think it's unneeded, should also stop the IP. Mabuska (talk) 11:58, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
- The lead isnt great, I think mentioning it was armed is needed- I will re-jig it later. The IP seems alittle confused :$ Will get back later. Cheers bud. Murry1975 (talk) 12:03, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
Help improve page
Hi, would really appreciate your help in reviewing the Law Society of Ireland page - I've made suggestions on how it can be improved on its Talk page but no one has come forward to do the necessary apart from some minor changes. Have also left a message on the WIkipedia Help page but no response. Hope you can help or suggest someone who can FriendlyuserCP (talk) 17:50, 14 February 2014 (UTC)
Arklow Town AFD
The technical aspect of the close was fine - but unfortunately you cannot close while there remain valid 'delete' !votes. I would suggest you post a comment at the AFD stating you withdraw, then ping Fenix to advise him that you have done so because of new evidence of notability. If he changes his mind and !vote then you can re-close, if not then it will have to remain open I'm afraid. GiantSnowman 09:17, 15 February 2014 (UTC)
- So at what time would I be free to edit the article? Thanks. Quis separabit? 20:09, 16 February 2014 (UTC)
How come you deleted the information that I added? I amended it to adhere to Wiki's guidelines so that the language was neutral, there was no promo and that references were added to confirm each interview. How come you also removed the logo? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Simonjohnpalmer (talk • contribs) 20:45, 19 February 2014 (UTC)
Antrim Forum now definitely notable with new content
Didn't you read the article? I added new content. "It has been approved by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) as an Olympic standard training facility". Please respond on my talk page. Evangp (talk) 20:34, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
- WP:GNG, we dont use ads for notabilty. You are going to end up on ANI if you keep this up. Wasting time and space on here. Murry1975 (talk) 20:36, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
Irish Free State map
The 1922 map is too small and its quality is horrible. And it's not even a 1922 map. It's a 1933 (1929-1938 to be more accurate) map just like the one I added. But the borders of Europe didn't really change between 1922 and 1938 so it doesn't really matter. The map I added shows the same thing, but it's bigger, has better quality and shows more than the old, small map. Look at the other pages. These kind of maps are not used anymore, it should have been changed already. --Emihunty (talk) 10:32, 2 March 2014 (UTC)
The old map is a 1922-1938 map and the one I added is also a 1922-38 map, since the borders of Europe didn't really change between 1922 and 1938. I just wrote 1933 on a whim. --Emihunty (talk) 12:11, 2 March 2014 (UTC)