|This is Musicaindustrial's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Musicaindustrial.|
- 1 Re: Sarcófago
- 2 Talkback
- 3 Re: Punk Influences Confusion
- 4 Chaos A.D.
- 5 "Closer" sound file
- 6 Your GA nomination of Industrial metal
- 7 industrial metal
- 8 Soulfly
- 9 Grindcore
- 10 Jarman
- 11 Sarcófago
- 12 Post-industrial
- 13 Goblin
- 14 Image copyright
- 15 Grindcore
- 16 Brazilian death metal bands
- 17 Reply to your comment
- 18 Whoops!
- 19 The Karma Police
- 20 Can you help?
- 21 Re: Scum (1987), by Napalm Death
- 22 Your GA nomination of Sarcófago
- 23 Grindcore GA
- 24 Sodom's In the Sign of Evil
- 25 Wikipedia:WikiProject Metal
- 26 WikiProject Industrial Roll Call
- 27 pretty hate machine
- 28 WikiProject Industrial Annual Report 2012
- 29 At War With Satan
- 30 Disambiguation link notification for May 20
- 31 Disambiguation link notification for April 7
- 32 Copyright
- 33 Disambiguation link notification for September 22
- 34 Re: Worship Him
- 35 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 36 Disambiguation link notification for December 29
- 37 Disambiguation link notification for January 12
- 38 Disambiguation link notification for January 29
- 39 Shadow Project
- 40 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- I read the RDP interview.
- I have a half-dozen of magazines here, but nothing about Sarcófago (I think), maybe I find some bands citing Sarcófago as an influence.
- Eu sou brasileiro, e você? Cannibaloki 23:11, 20 January 2009 (UTC)
Re: Punk Influences Confusion
- "Tá legal." Cannibaloki 14:18, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
"Closer" sound file
I deleted the sound file from the industrial metal page, as it doesn't appear to be legal, based on my research. I also deleted it from the industrial music article, which is where I initially found it.
Thanks for the heads-up. Aryder779 (talk) 00:24, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of Industrial metal
The article Industrial metal you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . It hasn't failed because it's basically a good article, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needed to be addressed. If these are fixed within seven days, the article will pass, otherwise it will fail. See Talk:Industrial metal for things needed to be addressed. Daniel Case (talk) 05:13, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
- Daniel Case's list definitely seems doable. The only thing I don't think I can fix is the quote about Mike Scaccia, to which I don't have access (I guess it's an offline source). Do you think you could dig up the relevant reference? Aryder779 (talk) 16:07, 21 February 2009 (UTC)
Maybe I'll re-read Connelly's book and see if there's anything I can add to the article to provide color. It's not "informative," really, but very worth reading for atmosphere. Like I said, I actually think you're right that's really important to keep the article succinct, self-contained, and disciplined.
Thanks for contributing so much work to this article, by the way. I think between the two of us we've done quite a bit for extreme metal on Wikipedia. Not to be too self-congratulatory.
Glad you appreciate the French crazy intellectuals ... it's strange, I don't do much Wiki work on those figures since it occupies so much labor time already. Much more entertaining to document contemporary stuff that inflected my life (and many others) in my teen years ... Aryder779 (talk) 00:04, 22 February 2009 (UTC)
- I'll keep an eye on the Soulfly page. I'm also curious about what you're doing with In the Shadow of the Sun ... Aryder779 (talk) 15:15, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
Just a comment re. GAN,
The article would really benefit from a sound clip or two, demonstrating the genre.
--14:41, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- I agree that this is a good idea, and your suggestions sound perfect, but I'm very skittish about the legal issues. I don't really understand how they work, actually. I'll try to do some research. Aryder779 (talk) 19:58, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
BTW, I haven't seen In the Shadow of the Sun, yet, but I like Jarman's work. I've seen all of his feature films. I saw Jubilee while on LSD when I was 19 and it made a big impression on me. Aryder779 (talk) 22:29, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
Ah sim, eu me lembro, mas tudo que fiz foi remover algumas categorias redundantes (Por exemplo, se uma banda é uma banda de death metal do Brasil, é claro que é uma banda do Brasil). Não tem mais muita coisa que eu posso fazer pelo artigo. Como eu não entendo nada dessa banda, só poderia ajudar com coisas básicas, mas essas coisas já estão todas feitas. Pra falar a verdade, a única coisa "básica" que falta nessa artigo é uma imagem, mas isso é uma outra coisa que eu não posso ajudar...Victor Lopes (talk) 19:10, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
- Mova a imagem da banda para o infobox. Cannibaloki 23:00, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
- Vou fazer alguns ajustes nas seções Discography e Members. Cannibaloki 17:25, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
- Article is looking really, really good! Not sure what I can do regarding the photo as I've never really looked into the policies, but I'll definitely try and give the article a bit of a copy-edit to tidy up the language (it's mostly fine, but someone will probably mention it at Good Article Review). Blackmetalbaz (talk) 11:46, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'll keep tweaking the language over the next few days. A few minor points: I mentioned on the talk page about the source in the lead for "technical death metal"... is it reliable? Secondly (and not to drag in yet another genre war :-)), is it worth mentioning the influence of thrash anywhere? It's cited on Metal Archives (not an RS, I know), Rockdetector (which is) and probably others... thoughts? Finally, and because you will most likely have access to better sources than me, if I created a stub for Sextrash, would you be able to help out at all? Anyway, article looks like it's coming together well! Blackmetalbaz (talk) 15:09, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- I actually already own The Laws of Scourge, so no need to download :-) I'm not really fussed about genre, just felt perhaps a brief mention may be appropriate based on the Rockdetector source and, say, this Allmusic review. The sources for the technical death metal bit I'm prepared to take your word for reliability (can't really judge without being able to speak the language, but what you say makes sense). Would still be nice to find which picture the Rotting cover is based on, but I'm drawing a blank. I shall have a stab at Sextrash later! Cheers for your help, Blackmetalbaz (talk) 10:43, 31 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi, I thought I'd let you know that my main project right now is a revision of the Post-industrial music and related fusion genres page. I hope to have it ready to nominate for GA status in the near future. If you thoughts on what I've been doing with it, please let me know. Hope you are well, Aryder779 (talk) 02:16, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for the source suggestions. My girlfriend is actually a *huge* futurepop fan and I've become all too aware of it; I'll consider adding it to the page, or perhaps tacking it on to the EBM section. The trouble is that I think lots of people would quibble as to how much a "post-industrial" genre it really is. It's basically EBM with even more of a synthpop vibe + trance, so pretty far from industrial sonically, and conceptually as well. Aryder779 (talk) 14:44, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
Yeah, some of my friends saw Claudio Simonetti perform some classic Goblin tracks live once. I've not really delved very deeply into their work, beyond what I've heard in Argento films. Aryder779 (talk) 15:35, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
I must say I'm really unsure how this works on Wikipedia. When I add images and sounds, I usually try to take them from other articles where they seem to be unproblematic; most of the images I end up using are Flickr photos that are public domain. I know it's possible to use copyrighted images if absolutely necessary, but I really don't know what the procedures are in order to make this legitimate. Aryder779 (talk) 00:34, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
It's first on the list of music nominees, so somebody should be reviewing it really soon. I gave it another big revision after I got part 2 of the Terrorizer special, and I'm actually reasonably proud of where it's at right now. I can't imagine it will fail GA. Aryder779 (talk) 14:50, 29 March 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for helping me archive my talk page, btw. Aryder779 (talk) 22:26, 30 March 2009 (UTC)
- Headhunter D.C. interview with Sérgio on 7-6-2002 by Nathaniel Cannibaloki 16:28, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Reply to your comment
According to the http://www.spirit-of-metal.com/album-groupe-Cathedral-nom_album-Statik_Majik-l-en.html the correct 1994 track listing for Statik Majik is displayed on the article page. --Sky Attacker (talk) 21:19, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Yes, it was really confusing seeing different versions of Soul Sacrifice and Statik Majik. Thank you for clearing up the confusion on the article. I no longer intend to include Spirit-Of-Metal as a reliable source for Wikipedia articles in future.--Sky Attacker (talk) 00:03, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
The Karma Police
Would you mind looking at Karma police (band). It has very little content in it. it has ONLY ONE link which I suspect isn't sufficient for a wikipedia article. --Sky Attacker (talk) 21:51, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
Can you help?
I was just editing the Where's the Love article when I noticed that the chart positions were not cited by a reference. I found a trustworthy source and make a few changes to the article but the problem is that the reference I have provided doesn't cite the chart positions for all of those countries. Do you know where I could find a good website that could cite the chart positions of the other countries for example the United States? --Sky Attacker (talk) 06:07, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Re: Scum (1987), by Napalm Death
Sorry; that was several years ago and I no longer have the magazine. As far as I can tell, nothing remains of what I wrote aside from the title, so I don't think it's really all that relevant. -- Jim Regan (talk) 13:46, 9 May 2009 (UTC)
Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I am glad to be reviewing the article Sarcófago you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. 20:23, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm more than willing to leave it on hold for an extended period of time (indefinite if you need the time) as I really don't see the point of you having to nominate it again. Even better, I personally could attempt to rectify some of the concerns and get someone else to give the final call if you like.
08:34, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, considering the only issue is with the images, I'll remove them (and this will mean they will have to be deleted, but I can always undelete them if you want to reinclude them in the future for some reason.) 08:39, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Hi, congratulations on the success of Sarcófago!
I'm having a problem with grindcore. Wandalstouring seems to have forgotten about the article or something. I really think it's up to snuff, so I don't know if we need a second opinion or what. Where do I go from here? Aryder779 (talk) 03:33, 28 May 2009 (UTC)
Sodom's In the Sign of Evil
I've read that "common knowledge" is allowed without references, but that and common sense is sometimes lacking on Wikipedia. I must inform you that Obsessed by cruelty is marked as both Thrash metal and Black metal, without citing sources. I guess they should be removed both? Meaningful Username (talk) 21:50, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
- I've put a note on the talk page to In the Sign of Evil, stating why I will add the Thrash Metal tag if no arguments are brought up there. Meaningful Username (talk) 21:32, 17 December 2009 (UTC)
|Hello Musicaindustrial, you have received this notice because you have placed your name on the list of members of WikiProject Metal. We are currently looking to make the wikiproject more active, and in doing so, we need to have a list of active members on the wikiproject. If you wish to stay an active part of wikiproject metal, please add your username to Wikipedia:WikiProject Metal/Active Users. Conversely, if you wish to leave the wikiproject, please remove your name from Wikipedia:WikiProject Metal/Members. Thank you.|
WikiProject Industrial Roll Call
Hi there! I'm trying to figure out how many active members are still interested in working on WikiProject Industrial. I've added a lot of new articles to our project space, and categorized every article already in the project. Please go to the project's talk page and indicate if you're still interested in working on the project, and feel free to add any other articles you want to the project scope. Hopefully we can get this project moving again! Thanks. Torchiest (talk | contribs) 15:57, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
WikiProject Industrial Annual Report 2012
Annual Report 2012
At War With Satan
Olá amigo, quanto tempo! Lembro da época que editávamos o artigo do Sarcófago sim. Olha, de imediato posso te ajudar na parte técnica do artigo; formatando referências, adequando o layout de acordo com as normas da casa, etc. Dependendo do seu desempenho nas edições, posso até fazer algumas pequenas expansões de seção. Abraço.--Malconfort (talk) 19:11, 10 May 2013 (UTC)
- Até agora todo texto que li no artigo é muito interessante e acima de tudo informativo. Acho que o artigo ainda precisa de algumas pequenas expansões. Você precisa explicar porque o estilo do álbum é black metal e thrash metal, enfim, falar nem que seja um pouco sobre a parte de facto musical do disco. Assim que você terminar isso tudo, propõe para avaliação de bom artigo que eu faço a resenha e obviamente passo seu trabalho com louvor.--Malconfort (talk) 19:13, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
- Estava aqui procurando algumas fontes no Google books e achei os seguintes textos:
- Acho que com esses livros você pode aproveitar e criar uma seção falando sobre a turnê de divulgação do disco.--Malconfort (talk) 01:56, 17 May 2013 (UTC)
- Cria uma subseção só para a parte de divulgação, e explica que no final da turnê a banda excedeu os gastos e acabou saindo no prejuízo. Pelo menos foi isso que eu li por alto nos livros que te indiquei. Senão o artigo fica no mínimo com tom parcial. Com relação ao estilo da banda eu acredito que seja difícil encontrar resenhas da época, mas usa o que tem para pelo menos explicar no inicio do artigo. Evite colocar porcamente as referências na caixa informativa! Acho que ficou claro (pelos menos para mim) que se você não desenvolver esse tema no futuro, o artigo jamais ganhara status de destacado. Sem contar que isso evita guerras de edições, informação duvidosa, etc. Abraço.--Malconfort (talk) 22:29, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Beyond the Black Rainbow, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Swedish (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited The Angel and the Dark River, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Steve Harris (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hello, Musicaindustrial. iThenticate has identified content you recently added to the article The Angel and the Dark River as being lifted directly from the source pdf, . Human review verifies that there is duplication of content. Since there is nothing that suggests this source is compatibly licensed, it has had to be removed.
Content added to Wikipedia that is taken from copyrighted sources must be put into your own words, except for brief and clearly marked quotations in compliance with our non-free content policy and guideline. If a source is public domain or compatibly licensed, content may be copied without such rewriting, but only if we acknowledge copying in accordance with Wikipedia:Plagiarism. We need to be able to verify the copyright status of sources we copy liberally in this fashion.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Worship Him, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Mayhem (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Re: Worship Him
Hi. What kind of help you want? As an advance, I strong suggest you to think/meditate how that long quotations can be integrated into the reading prose. I think you should be able to manipulate (with no copyvio, of course) the sources - they are mostly offline after all.--malconfort (talk) 18:14, 30 October 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:34, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Shadow Project, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages Heavy metal and LP (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited In Tuned Out - Live '93, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Sampling (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited From the Heart (Shadow Project album), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Programming (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Why is the article written in Eva's favor? Why do you not site your sources with Rozz's mental illness and why did you delete things from their discography? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Velheim (talk • contribs) 08:10, 11 May 2016 (UTC)