Hi MusikAnimal--sorry about that. I'm still learning the ropes, but the reason I did that was because there are two pages: College Union Slam Poetry Invitational and College Unions Slam Poetry Invitational. The former is not exactly what it's called--it's Unions instead of Union. Also, the former wasn't as up to date, as it didn't have the 2015 winners updated so I thought the latter was just a better result. To be honest, I was just trying to be helpful; in the future what should I do? AlecWinPE (talk) 22:30, 20 August 2015 (UTC)
- @AlecWinPE: Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I'm 100% at fault here, you did nothing wrong! I patrol recent changes and saw you removed a large amount of sourced content with the edit summary "third time's the charm", so hopefully you can understand why I thought it was vandalism. Anyway it wasn't, so my apologies! I have redirected the article just as you had it. I've also left some links on your talk page that you might find useful as you get acquainted with Wikipedia. If you ever need help with anything moving forward don't hesitate to reach out to me :) — MusikAnimal talk 18:57, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
A new kind of edit war?
I noticed that you have been commenting on some inappropriate edits by editor MusicAngels (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:MusicAngels) and I thought you might be interested in my latest comment on a page reassessment that this editor requested recently: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:W._H._Auden/GA1
This editor seems to be conducting a new kind of edit war: Last month, I removed a few dozen improper hatnotes that the editor had created, and now the editor seems to be taking revenge with a reassessment request that has some very odd features in it. I'll be very grateful if you could look it over and draw your own conclusions. Thanks. - Macspaunday (talk) 09:18, 22 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Macspaunday: At very quick glance it seems there is valid justification for good article reassessment. If there are other issues with user conduct beyond this GAR I recommend bringing it to WP:AN/I, if you feel admin intervention is needed. Unfortunately I cannot devote the time to this right now. Sorry I could not be of more help! — MusikAnimal talk 19:25, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
- Understood. I certainly have no objection to a reassessment at this or any time, and there's no reason to call for intervention. I wanted to put on record that some of the items in the reassessment request are quite questionable. What matters, of course, is the quality of the article, not the rating, so I'll let this matter rest for the moment. - Macspaunday (talk) 20:02, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
- I have just left a message on Macspaunday's talk page about the problematic poetry vanity projects created by MusicAngel. The Poetry in the Early 20th Century page ought not to be "protected" it ought to be deleted entirely. 19:36, 25 August 2015 (UTC)19:36, 25 August 2015 (UTC)19:36, 25 August 2015 (UTC)~ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk)
May I chime in to say that MusicAngels (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:MusicAngels) is the named creator of several very bad poetry pages that he refuses to let anyone edit or criticize. I am anonymous, yes, but I am a professor of poetry and there are quite a few of us startled by his pages and the lack of justifications for their existence. Now they are protected so that nobody can change them. They really are terribly terribly bad.23:01, 24 August 2015 (UTC)23:01, 24 August 2015 (UTC)23:01, 24 August 2015 (UTC)~ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2601:147:102:B30:7DE7:2B1E:CEE2:B91A (talk)
I have tagged all articles created by User:MusicAngels for deletion on the basis that they were not created by consensus.11:29, 26 August 2015 (UTC)11:29, 26 August 2015 (UTC)~~
13:02, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I just rewrote the article on Ulrike Haage accordingly to what I did on the german wikipedia. I left some you did write, just made an update. Hope this is OK with you. By the way I'm editing the German wikipedia from time to time. I know her personally and thought both the German and English should contain at least all her works so far. FYI, Her new solo album MAELSTROM will be out September 4, 2015.
Kind regards (AufErsuchen (talk) 18:23, 25 August 2015 (UTC))
(Redacted) I do not know how to reference the Registry of which he is in and is also in violation. Crimes like these should be part of a persons biography. Not including it when its absolutely true is a crime in itself.  220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:31, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
- That source is not the same person at all. Biographies on living persons are taken very seriously, and if you don't have good, solid, reliable sources to support claims like that we will be forced to take preventive measures such as blocking. Either way it is not our aim to add defamation, wholly true or not. For instance, this sort of thing would not go in the lead. Please refrain from making further claims, here on my talk page or anywhere on the wiki. If you'd like to discuss in private you can email me. Thank you for your understanding — MusikAnimal talk 19:43, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
- I actually did manage to find them on that government registry, but I still don't think this information warrants inclusion as the subject is not really known for it. I could not find additional secondary sources to support it either. For this reason we should not write about it, as no one else is writing about it either. Understand there are serious concerns with stating defamatory content like this about living persons, potentially legal concerns... so we prefer to play it safe. Thanks — MusikAnimal talk 20:07, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
nuts? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:06, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
A beer for you!
||Thanks for the added user priviledge, I'd be interested in your comments on my past editing history. Domo Arigato. Regushee (talk) 18:44, 26 August 2015 (UTC)
- No problem. I did evaluate your recent editing history to determine if you were fit for the user right, and I didn't see any major concerns. Keep up the good work — MusikAnimal talk 15:15, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
No copyright violations of any kind and valid forms of using material within wikipedia are fully followed in WP:CWW.
There are no copyright violations of any kind in the article which fully attributes all of its many citations. The policy about valid forms of using old material in Wikipedia in new articles which have been reviewed and patrolled by WikiProjects and WikiPartrol are documented in WP:CWW (Copying within wikipedia) and in WP:Forking for Valid forms of use of old material within wikipedia. There is no copyright violation anywhere in the article of any kind and I have gone out of my way to bring the references up to date and ensuring that the links are working. Any flags for copyright violations should be removed since there is no copyright violation in the reviewed article of any kind. MusicAngels (talk) 15:04, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
- You don't need to copy and paste your comment here, I saw it at AN/I. Let's continue with discussion there — MusikAnimal talk 15:08, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 26 August 2015
Hi MusikAnimal, Hope all's well, Umm basically I've the exact same issue as what you had here, I closed Ruth Kearney as Redirect to Primeval but somehow it ended up also redirecting Priveval to Primeval  and until I was reverted  I was completely oblivious to it so was wondering if anything could be done ?
Seeing as ZMan's never on and you're a wizz at technical stuff I thought I'd ask you, Perhaps I should ask at WP:VPT ?
Anyway thanks, –Davey2010Talk 02:24, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Davey2010: Going to try to take a look. Seems like it would as simple as checking if there's a redirect, and if so, well, not redirecting! Always easier said than done, of course, but I'm willing to give it a try :) — MusikAnimal talk 02:34, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Ah brilliant thanks so much and good luck - You'll probably need it lol . –Davey2010Talk 02:39, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Davey2010: I see exactly what's causing it... it's passing redirects=1 to the API when fetching info about the page to delete. That parameter tells the API to resolve any redirects, and fetch info about the target of the redirect rather than the page we asked to get info about. I can only assume there was a reason Mr.Z added that.
Can you think of any scenario where you would want it to redirect? — MusikAnimal talk 03:07, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Davey2010: Disregard the above... First let me get down what the problem is. In my case there was a redirect in place on the article that was the subject of the AfD. When I closed it as redirect it followed the redirect to the target page, which happened to be the page I wanted to redirect to. So, it blanked it and redirected to itself. That all sounds really confusing, I know... but anyway in your case there wasn't already a redirect in place, right? So seems like the bug is not the bug I thought it was — MusikAnimal talk 03:27, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Yup it's most definitely confusing lol, Nope don't think so - Basically I wanted Ruth Kearney redirected to Primeval and Primeval was already an article before closure and should've been after (Sorry If I'm sounding dumb but I'm trying not be confusing lol), Thanks, –Davey2010Talk 04:05, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for your email. I didn't include the reasons as I didn't know how to describe them. I will try and do so here. First - two of the cited articles are not valid/available #14 and #15. Second - I believe it is abnormal and unfair to post info relating to probations and peer criticism - for any driver - including Milka Duno. Many IndyCar drivers have been placed on probation during their career - some several times - and these include Indy 500 winners and also IndyCar Series champions - but there is no mention of this on any of their wiki pages. Perhaps they have been posted there at some time - but if so, someone has removed them. I would say that for IndyCar drivers - many have received probations - but none show up on their wiki - and I don't think Milka Duno should be singled out for it. On the topic of peer criticism - drivers criticizing other drivers in media occurs very often - and there are literally hundreds and hundreds of examples of this - and some of the drivers that have criticized Milka Duno have also criticized many other drivers - and have also been the subject of criticism from other drivers themselves. But none of that appears on any of their wiki pages. As probations and or peer criticisms of other drivers are not mentioned on their wiki pages it is incredibly unfair - abnormal - not the "standard" as far as IndyCar driver wiki pages - and it is unfair for Milka Duno, or any other driver, to be singled out for this. Indyrolexalms (talk) 16:11, 28 August 2015 (UTC) Would you be willing to describe to me in what way I can condense all of the above into a reason for the edit - so that the edit sticks?
- @Indyrolexalms: This seems like reasonable rationale to remove the content, you just need to state why when you do it. Otherwise it looks like vandalism. I have to ask... when you first hit save, did you not get an automated message telling you to use an edit summary? I genuinely want to know if you saw it, and it's okay if you didn't. Anyway, feel free to remove the content again, and try to briefly state why this time. If you're unable to be concise, consider saying "see talk page" and then put your rationale on the article talk page. Hope this helps, and sorry this process was not more clear to you — MusikAnimal talk 16:17, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Thanks - I will try that.Indyrolexalms (talk) 17:07, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Indyrolexalms: No problem, but back to my question... did you see the automated message? I'm not ridiculing you or anything, just trying to find out how effective that message is, as I created it. If you don't mind me asking, what was the experience like? Did you think "oh the save just didn't work, let me try again", and perhaps the message was not prominent enough? Or did you see the message and not understand what it meant? If you did see the message and still chose not use an edit summary that is OK. I'm not criticizing, just want your valuable input. Thank you for your help as I try to make this process more user-friendly for newcomers! — MusikAnimal talk 17:13, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
No problem asking - I didn't see it the first time. But I understand that reasons for edits are requested and informative - but I just didn't know how to condense my reasoning. Many thanks again for your suggestions and advice - I really appreciate it.Indyrolexalms (talk) 17:24, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Gotcha, so the message is not prominent enough I guess. I will work on it. Thank you! — MusikAnimal talk 17:25, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
You're listed on the bottom of the edit counter (e.g. ). I'm seeing " 일반 문서 " for the mainspace label. NE Ent
- It's a known issue, evidently with the translation service. We're not sure how to fix it. Sorry — MusikAnimal talk 16:34, 30 August 2015 (UTC)
2015 BWF Super Series
The 2015 BWF Super Series is a page where is created long time ago, how you possible delete a page under criteria of G7? --Aleenf1 12:20, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- Hmm looks the page was moved to 2015 BWF Superseries, then Jarmur restarted 2015 BWF Super Series. Three revisions later they blanked the page, and it was deleted under G7. 2015 BWF Superseries was then moved back to its original home 2015 BWF Super Series. So it looks like I deleted that one but in fact I only deleted four revisions, all that were made in the same day. I've locked the page from further moves — MusikAnimal talk 14:29, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
- I think you just block me from editing, i'm sick of his behaviour, just look to his contributions, he moving a mass of page without any discussion. Jarmur (talk · contribs) He force me to be move warring. --Aleenf1 15:03, 31 August 2015 (UTC)
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- VisualEditor will now automatically create a link when you type in or paste an ISBN, PMID, or RFC. 
- The link editor in VisualEditor is now a bit wider. It's now the same width as the automatic citation tool. 
- VisualEditor gadget authors can no longer use the backwards-compatibility module
ext.visualEditor.desktopArticleTarget.init instead. 
- Gadget writers can now use mediawiki.ForeignApi to communicate between different Wikimedia wikis. 
Changes this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from September 1. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis from September 2. It will be on all Wikipedias from September 3 (calendar).
- You can join the next meeting with the VisualEditor team. During the meeting, you can tell developers which bugs are the most important. The meeting will be on September 1 at 19:00 (UTC). See how to join.
- The Wikidata API will be updated with breaking changes. This will probably happen on September 9. 
Tech news prepared by tech ambassadors and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
21:36, 31 August 2015 (UTC)