User talk:My name is not dave
- 1 Reference errors on 6 June
- 2 Reference errors on 11 June
- 3 My RfA
- 4 Greetings
- 5 Disambiguation link notification for August 11
- 6 Hi
- 7 Reference names
- 8 Notice
- 9 Micky Dumoulin
- 10 Restoring talk page content
- 11 Request Pending Accepting
- 12 Disambiguation link notification for September 2
- 13 Request on 02:20:23, 4 September 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Dineshkumar Ponnusamy
- 14 Bruh
- 15 Regarding Comment on Draft: Ebenezer Sunder Singh
- 16 IP address
- 17 Holiday in the Protectorate
- 18 Page edits
- 19 Google searching
- 20 The revert on Deaths in 2015
- 21 september 20, 2015
- 22 feedback to a recent issue
- 23 Speedy deletion nomination of User:VaDawn/sandbox
- 24 If they find out...
- 25 Your GA nomination of There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret.
- 26 There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret.
- 27 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 28 Signature
- 29 Thank you for supporting my RfA
- 30 A barnstar for you!
- 31 Dear Not Dave,
- 32 Regarding your message, and civility
- 33 Real self
- 34 Reviewing Ozark Actors Theatre
- 35 February 2016
- 36 18:20:29, 4 March 2016 review of submission by Smnukwa
- 37 Mandatory ANI Notice
- 38 Mr. K. C. Pant
- 39 just curious
- 40 Page watch
- 41 Disambiguation link notification for July 12
Reference errors on 6 June
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
- On the Psychological resilience page, your edit caused a broken reference name (help). (Fix | Ask for help)
Reference errors on 11 June
Hello, I'm ReferenceBot. I have automatically detected that an edit performed by you may have introduced errors in referencing. It is as follows:
- On the Jungian cognitive functions page, your edit caused an ISBN error (help). (Fix | Ask for help)
Hi Dave. :-P Knowledge Battle 21:38, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Management of depression, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Disorder (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
I saw your work on an article on the front page and also saw your name. Like my name, it makes a statement. You are not Dave. I am opposed to terrorism. That doesn't mean that we are the same person. I know that goes against Wikipedia logic!
Oh, I'm not Dave, either. I hope you are opposed to terrorism.
Please do not change reference names without good reason. Using the actual BBC page number makes it easier to keep track of which page is being quoted when further references from that source are added later, usually as a result of the BBC updating the page. It also makes it easier to use multiple references from the same source. Far better that BBC1, BBC2, BBC3 etc etc. Changing the reference name also creates broken references when the original author adds further info and uses the original reference name that they gave the reference in the first place. Mjroots (talk) 19:52, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
- A WP:BOLD edit based upon what I thought was good for things, but I guess your system has some advantages, I was thinking that too many numbers meant that the ref name was a little tricky to remember but with copy and paste it is a little irrelevant, so go ahead and revert if you want. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 19:55, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
I have granted the "file mover" permission to your account following either a request for those rights or a clear need for the ability to move files. For information on the file mover rights and under what circumstances it is okay to move files, see Wikipedia:File mover. When you move a file please ensure that you change the links to the file to the new name. If you do not want file mover rights anymore, just let me know, and I'll remove it. Good luck and thanks. Swarm ♠ 07:30, 25 August 2015 (UTC)
|Hi. Thank you for pointing out the errors with my creation of Micky Dumoulin. I have been adding to the article and adding links & sources where possible. I hope this helps avoid deletion. Thanks. Chris Chrismoouk (talk) 14:16, 25 August 2015 (UTC)|
Restoring talk page content
Editors are free to remove any content from their user talk page, so long as it's removed wholesale. You shouldn't revert such removals. (If anything, it's a useful sign that the editor has read the warning.) --McGeddon (talk) 20:48, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
Request Pending Accepting
I want this page Astro_(television) as pending accepting for every edit.
- Requested, I'm not an admin so I can't do it. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 15:01, 30 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Ebbets Field Flannels, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page San Francisco Seals (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Request on 02:20:23, 4 September 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Dineshkumar Ponnusamy
Hi, Thanks for reviewing the article Draft:Palam Kalyanasundaram. I wonder why the reason is quoted from old requests. As a reply to the questions doubting it as hoax, I added enough references (not just a single link). I have removed lot of poor quality resources though there are many articles about the person. I would like to know the reason why it is not accepted this time. Thanks. --Dineshkumar Ponnusamy (talk) 02:20, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Dineshkumar Ponnusamy: Nothing has fundamentally changed since it was decided to delete this article. Many attempted drafts on this subject have already been deleted. For example, 'Man of the Millenium' is not a notable award - despite the claims made on social media which are being reprinted in some newspaper articles - there is no genuine evidence of notability here. --ℕ ℱ 17:15, 4 September 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not sure how doing this can work in your favour. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 16:38, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
Regarding Comment on Draft: Ebenezer Sunder Singh
Hello Not Dave. Thanks for the comment. As per your advice, the section headings are now in sentence case. Please let me know if any further edits are necessary. Thanks! KarenEby2018 (talk) 20:00, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello again. Slightly new to this, but thank you so much for accepting the article! Can you direct me to talk pages or other avenues on Wikipedia that could advise me on cleanup problems? I hope it can soon reach good article standards. Thanks again! KarenEby2018 (talk) 20:12, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
- @KarenEby2018: The Teahouse can aid you if you have any issues. Do also take a look at Simplified Manual of Style and its full version for general guidance on style etc. Thanks, My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 20:18, 5 September 2015 (UTC)
Holiday in the Protectorate
My name really is Dave. In the edit and in the sandbox all 19 references showed correctly! Why did they get deleted when I copied the file over to publish? Getthefatcsjones (talk) 16:18, 11 September 2015 (UTC)getthefatcsjones
- @Getthefatcsjones: Did you not go into edit mode and copy it from there, or did you copy and paste them in reading mode? I would, however, consider rewriting some of what you have written in your sandbox. I understand that English may not be your first language and I wish not to offend, but it doesn't read very well, some things are in places where they shouldn't be (for example note the part where you have written "[...] and 400,000 were used as slave labour[.] Also the series was designed to be thought provoking." -- the last part of that quote should ultimately go at the start of the section, as a summary of what the program was designed to be, then describe the program in detail). If you want any help with improving this, don't be afraid to. The Simplified Manual of Style along with its full version should help too. Thanks, My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 16:34, 11 September 2015 (UTC)
Thanks for your message. Apologies for making my edit in the wrong section. Which section should Ray's head circumference go into? Looking forward to hearing from you. Dalstonfacts (talk) 12:39, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Dalstonfacts: Unfortunately, I don't really believe that should really go anywhere -- for me and for other editors, such information seems quite trivial and it's also unsourced. Thanks, My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 13:37, 12 September 2015 (UTC)
I noticed your comment at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Faizal Ismail same old first page flood of social media networks in a Google search. No offence intended, but specific searches on Google often get rid of that dreck. After refining my search, I ended up with the search:
- "Faizal Ismail" "hot fm" OR FBI -jockey -"Muhammad Faizal Ismail" -"Muhamad Faizal Ismail" -wikipedia
which seemed to work quite well. A similar version:
- "Faizal Ismail" "hot fm" OR FBI -jockey -magistrate -wikipedia
works, but not as well still yielding only one decent hit on the first page of Google search. It seems that the specific works better than the general. I also sometimes append a "-youtube" to my search if I am getting too many of them (as with a musical band), but due to their ubiquity it is seldom useful to exclude expressly facebook or twitter.
I have an edge, my searching techniques come from teaching information retrival back in the 1980s. I miss good proximity searching. Google's AROUND operator does not work well or maybe at all at this point. Bing has a proximity operator NEAR that works somewhat, but for other reasons I don't use Bing. In general see "Beyond Basic Boolean". --Bejnar (talk) 16:41, 18 September 2015 (UTC)
The revert on Deaths in 2015
Hi. Sorry, I meant to write a reason, but it seems it got away somehow. The Deaths in 2015 page uses simple references. It's just the way it has been decided, long before I started writing there. Ask someone on the talk page for that page for reasons, I'm just a foot soldier. If I hadn't removed your update, someone else would have done it pretty soon. Didn't mean to be rude, sorry about that :/ Nukualofa (talk) 18:49, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
- @Nukualofa: Taking a look at this thread, I seem to understand now. The negatives outweigh the benefits. Thanks, My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 18:53, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
september 20, 2015
Please tell me what i have deleated on ibn al Arabi page that you think is necessary for the article. I only edited the Urdu language portion of the article. waiting
feedback to a recent issue
Speedy deletion nomination of User:VaDawn/sandbox
A tag has been placed on User:VaDawn/sandbox requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done under section G12 of the criteria for speedy deletion, because the article or image appears to be a clear copyright infringement. This article or image appears to be a direct copy from http://ijkm.nl/Louis_Fles. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material, and as a consequence, your addition will most likely be deleted. You may use external websites or other printed material as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. This part is crucial: say it in your own words. Wikipedia takes copyright violations very seriously and persistent violators will be blocked from editing.
If the external website or image belongs to you, and you want to allow Wikipedia to use the text or image — which means allowing other people to modify it — then you must verify that externally by one of the processes explained at Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials. If you are not the owner of the external website or image but have permission from that owner, see Wikipedia:Requesting copyright permission. You might want to look at Wikipedia's policies and guidelines for more details, or ask a question here.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. JustBerry (talk) 04:38, 24 September 2015 (UTC)
If they find out...
- @MyOwnBadSelf: ?? If you want to tell me something sensitive, email me. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 15:01, 25 September 2015 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret.
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret. you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Calvin999 -- Calvin999 (talk) 19:21, 21 October 2015 (UTC)
There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret.
|Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the copy edit you requested for There Is a Hell, Believe Me I've Seen It. There Is a Heaven, Let's Keep It a Secret. at the Guild of Copy Editors requests page is now complete. All feedback welcome! I'll post a note on the GA review to tell them a GOCE c/e is underway. Cheers, Baffle gab1978 (talk) 04:42, 10 November 2015 (UTC)|
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:00, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
- @Mdann52: Since I've just seen your name, I'm not sure what responsibility you have over this, but I've already voted, so I shouldn't really need to see this message. Is there a mechanism to stop persons who have previously voted from having these messages from being delivered? My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 17:40, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I just voted below you in the RFA RFC. I use this syntax highlighter, and your signature caused it to highlight everything below your signature, making the highlighting useless. Could you please switch the closing sup and font tags around "name"? The highlighter expects html tags to be closed in the reverse order they are opened. Thanks. kennethaw88 • talk 05:00, 15 December 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for supporting my RfA
|Brianhe RfA Appreciation award|
|Thank you for participating at my RfA. Your support was very much appreciated even if I did get a bit scorched. Brianhe (talk) 02:58, 6 February 2016 (UTC)|
A barnstar for you!
|The Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|Hi, This is reference to the WIki thread topic 'List of tallest buildings in Kolkata'. The list contains exhaustive content regarding all the tallest towers. However they have all been removed, even those sections which had been there since the inception of this article. I wonder why no action was taken then and even its difficult to find details of few buildings. However I am still trying to retrieve all as its a huge task. Now the list is left wtih only 6 buildigns looking very shabby and I have been accused of vandalism which is false. I request you to please look into the matter and restore the earlier edit and I will try to attach relevant web links. I am not used to IT language and hence do not understand JAVA or how to use syntax but I am learning however there has been no attempt of vandalism as you correctly pointed out which Serols is repeatedly reverting the changes. Wonder what was he doing for so many years? Wonderbank (talk) 04:49, 11 February 2016 (UTC)|
- @Wonderbank: -- Please hurry with your edits however, as they are being reverted because you are unfortunately being too slow in adding sources. If you can't do that, compile the sources somewhere in your user area and add them to the table in one shot. Otherwise you will find people such as Yamaguchi先生 reverting them again -- as the edit summary suggests here, it's not being punitive, we're just waiting for you. Thanks, My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 13:46, 11 February 2016 (UTC)
Dear Not Dave,
- Thank you for ensuring that the article does not use copyrighted content. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 21:46, 14 February 2016 (UTC)
Regarding your message, and civility
Hello My name is not dave, I have a question regarding your message. I left a comment on a talk page, which you have deleted for a perceived lack of civility. I can defend the position I made in that comment, and I wasn't sure how to phrase it with any more civility than I had originally written it. The edits I referred to in the comments, made by a user who supports fascism, sound more like a call to support national syndicalism than they sound like neutral information regarding it. How would you suggest I state this in a talk page? Chaelhen (talk) 22:00, 14 February 2016 (UTC)
- Hello Chaelhen, apologies for my hastiness in removing your comment. After actually looking at the situation, indeed there are uncited, POV edits added by the user, of which I have now removed. Now that I actually have some context, your comment couldn't have been put in a way any nicer. I apologise for my prejudices. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 22:09, 14 February 2016 (UTC)
Do you want to clarify your position at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Real self as now my concerns regarding tying up Horney & true self and false self have been met and both Chris Howard and myself are in favour of a redirect to true self and false self ? --Penbat (talk) 17:36, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
- Uh huh. It seems that the additions to the article have made redirection an appropriate measure. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 17:58, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
Reviewing Ozark Actors Theatre
Hi, My name is not dave! Thank you for reviewing my new page, Ozark Actors Theatre! I appreciate your edits and help. I was wondering if you would accept my unreviewed article Lisa Christine Holmberg. Feel free to edit too. Thanks! WikiConqueror (talk) 10:03, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
- No problem. I have declined your submission for such draft. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 15:30, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
My name is not dave, I got rid of the IMDb and Google+ citations for which you declined the article, cited it with new reliable sources, and resubmitted it. If you could take another look at it, that'd be super helpful. It's Lisa Christine Holmberg. Thank you! WikiConqueror (talk) 19:56, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
My name is not dave, thank you for all of your help and advice. I really do appreciate it. I will wait for the new film to be released as you suggested for this article.WikiConqueror (talk) 02:51, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
I responded to everything you said and your attempt at compromise here. Forgive me for being a little tempered, but like come on. You should've brought these things up in the review, and what you did bring up there (the release date and label), you didn't justify or say anything beyond your personal opinion regarding how it's so relevant that it should be stated up front, WP:LEAD guidelines on defining an article topic in the lead's first sentence notwithstanding. Dan56 (talk) 18:39, 21 February 2016 (UTC)
18:20:29, 4 March 2016 review of submission by Smnukwa
I have made changes to the references by including more references. I am also unsure as to what other kinds of sources are needed to confirm the awards I have cited. The reviewer was not clear in that regard.
Mandatory ANI Notice
Mr. K. C. Pant
Dear Contributing Editor,(Wikipedia)
Let Me begin by introducing myself and my friends who are contributing free time and effort to improve the information and photographs(visuals) connected to the life of Mr. K.C. Pant, Former Defence Minister of India son of Bharat Ratna Govind Ballabh Pant.</p.
I am Suresh Pandey, my friends Neeraj, Govinda, Akash, Gurvinder and Gaurika work in the information technology space. We are all working for our respective organizations and in our spare time and holidays – try and mine/look for information and rare historic photographs which we edit and try and improve the content and photographs of the page connected to Mr. K.C. Pant, Former Defence Minister of India.
All of us are working and it takes a lot of time & effort to research to try and improve the contents and Photographs in order to give maximum information to the Wikipedia reader.
Please Include the edited content and rare photographs to the page of Mr. K.C. Pant and our request to your contributing editorial team is not to make changes to the content and photographs.
Our feedback from hundreds of readers from India as well as overseas has been very positive so we request once again not to make changes to Wikipedia pages connected to Mr. K.C. Pant.
Historical research team 129years of Indian History(1887-2016)
- Hello there,
- Unfortunately, I have indeed neglected you with room for discussion of this matter, simply revert, go back, revert again etc. -- but the main issue with your edits is that they do not meet our style guidelines. The edits you are making cause the article to stick out like a sore thumb when it comes to the look and feel of them. Secondly, when you are adding those photos, manual pixel sizes, especially in the format you have placed them in, cannot be used -- see this modification by Arjayay which explains this. Thirdly, I hope that your work here is unpaid. If not, you should disclose if you are being paid for editing immediately. There is no editorial team on Wikipedia -- we are simply a group of editors that all seem to be expressing the same complaints over your edits.
- Thanks, My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 07:21, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
Hi, I was just wondering... if your name is not "Dave" then what is it? Also, if your name is not "Dave" then your name is also not "Michael", "Oliver", or "jack" OR whatever.. then why you are insisting on not being just "Dave" and not any other names?? --Adamstraw99 (talk) 16:47, 4 April 2016 (UTC)
- It's only a joke! It's a common name in Britain, thus I thought of the name on a whim. My real name is Aidan BTW. My name isnotdave (talk/contribs) 19:21, 4 April 2016 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited The Sholing Technology College, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Daily Echo (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.