Link leads to adverts
The link at the foot of this article, History and Recipes, leads to the Waitrose (UK Supermarket) site. True, it allows access to some recipes but none about quinces. Nothing against Waitrose, a fine company, but it seems to me to be advertising. Segilla (talk) 18:50, 12 October 2011 (UTC)
- I don't believe it was originally meant as advertising. The actual link itself in the article is to http://www.waitrose.com/food/celebritiesandarticles/ingredients/2007/October/Ingredient_Quince.aspx, but it now redirects to http://www.waitrose.com/. Most likely the original page linked to had information about the history and recipes of quince. But since that page no longer is accessible and it redirects to the company's main site, the link is no longer appropriate and should be removed. --Mysdaao talk 00:40, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry to be dense, but can I take it that this quince page has now been changed since there is no longer any 'History and Recipes' at its foot?Segilla (talk) 14:23, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
Proposal to shut down WP Geographic Coordinates & ban coordinates on wikipedia articles
A pie for you!
|Thanks for the help with the deleted article Duncan3dc (talk) 20:55, 23 February 2012 (UTC)|
- You're welcome! Thanks for the pie! --Mysdaao talk 22:32, 23 February 2012 (UTC)
Barry Cooper musicologist
This man has his own page but was not listed in notable inhabitants of Westcliff on Sea. I attempted to remedy this but the link I made pointed to the Barry Cooper disambiguation page, not to Barry Cooper the musicologist.
Using the John Smith explorer example I have attempted to correct my error but think after many efforts I've simply gone round in a circle.
This is what I have input - but see preview for my formatting
- You want a link pointing to Barry Cooper (musicologist) that displays the text "Barry Cooper". This is how you do it.
- [[Barry Cooper (musicologist)|Barry Cooper]] creates Barry Cooper. Put the article name first, then a |, then the text to display to the user.
- See Help:Link#Piped link for more details on this. --Mysdaao talk 18:39, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
IPA Software Game
On the International Phonetic Alphabet Talk Page (Talk:International_Phonetic_Alphabet), you asked if there was an interactive IPA game. It's not very good, but it is still pretty cool! Here is the link. Enjoy!