User talk:Natalie Erin/Archive 2
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Infinity on High
- 2 Thank You
- 3 Username - thanks
- 4 Falklands
- 5 Talk page vandalism
- 6 Username Robert Hrosc
- 7 The "This user's Page has been vandalized 8 times"
- 8 Barnstar for you :)
- 9 Work on Canadian Royal Commissions
- 10 Devadasi
- 11 Revert wars initiated by user Mudaliar
- 12 Tamil questions
- 13 Article: Anthrax
- 14 Jeff dean
- 15 My edit to Trafficking in human beings
- 16 Overlake Christian Church
- 17 Vandalism
- 18 Vandalism userpage
- 19 The Apprentice
- 20 Gene Simmons
- 21 User:Akdamien
- 22 User:Paul Conners
- 23 Kele Okereke
- 24 it was a puppet
- 25 Thanks...
- 26 Wyjrnwyjwjsjysjn
- 27 Sorry
- 28 Madison Middle School
- 29 Linkspam - http://gallery.spiritualindia.org/photos/durga/
- 30 Christopher_Lotito
- 31 DRV Norms
- 32 Music of Austin
- 33 Madison middle School
- 34 death
- 35 Re:Thank you
- 36 What????
- 37 Lauryn Hill
- 38 User: Kmnmo
- 39 Comment from Wayer
- 40 Oversight
- 41 Forest Whitaker
- 42 SCOOP JACKSON
- 43 COK
- 44 Raymond Franz
- 45 bubble pop electric
- 46 bubble pop electric
- 47 bubble pop electric
Infinity on High
Sorry, that was an accident. --Russ is the sex 02:39, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
Natalie, Thank you so much for quickly cleaning up my user talk page from vandalism while I was away. I get very busy sometimes, so I can't always check my userpages. I never had anyone vandalize my page so it was a surprise, and I hope I never enrage someone to do something like that. Thanks again for your quick revert, I appreciate it. --Turbinator 07:26, 9 February 2007 (UTC)
Username - thanks
Before making a flase alleghation that blanking at this article was unexpalined please read the talk page where it was explained.--Swuekilafe 18:31, 14 February 2007 (UTC)
Talk page vandalism
Thanks for cleaning up the vandalism on my talk page. I guess some vandals get a little mad when you warn them twice in the same day about vandalizing the same page. Mr.Z-mantalk 02:34, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Username Robert Hrosc
Why did you delete my post in the Man Vs. Wild page? The information that he divulges in the show can KILL you. Discovery does not mention that anywhere. People should know these things. As a survivalist I'm disgusted in the fact that Discovery Channel's attorneys don't cite these matters before each episode. People have a right to know that they are being misinformed. Regards, Rob H
- It is not Wikipedia's job to make medical, legal, or other judgements, nor is it Wikipedia's place to give medical, legal, or other disclaimers. If you have issues with the content of the show, you would be better of taking those concerns to the producers of the show or similar. Natalie 03:08, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
The "This user's Page has been vandalized 8 times"
Yeah the headline says it all Is that some kind of wikipedian inside joke im not in on yet or is there some real meaning behind it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Andyzweb (talk • contribs) 04:54, 15 February 2007 (UTC).
Barnstar for you :)
|The RickK Anti-Vandalism Barnstar|
|I've seen you all over my watchlist lately, doing all sorts of great work, and all those reports to AIV - well, all I can say is, you deserve this :) riana_dzasta 06:05, 15 February 2007 (UTC)|
- It's enormous fun :) I'm enjoying NPP even more these days, though. Take care, and see you around :) riana_dzasta 06:09, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Work on Canadian Royal Commissions
Hi Natalie, noticed you reversed some stuff I was doing on Royal Commissions. I'm removing non-significant Commissions and developing list page where I'll create a comprehensive list of Canadian commissions.
User Venki123 continues to delete valid references and slander and abuse me repeatedly:This person started slandering and look at the way he is swearing profusely. I have been backing up my content with references while Venki is just using foul language Revision as of 22:42 9 February 2007 . According to wiki rules he cannot verbally abuse another user. Moreover I haven't vandalised any article. I have provided valid references approved by the Govt. of India and International 1Journals and conferences. Check it out.
Mudaliar 16:52, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
Revert wars initiated by user Mudaliar
I got your message. Please see the following articles Mudaliar, Sengunthar, Kaikolar, Kaikolan, Devadasi. User:Mudaliar is slandering the group Sengunthar in all of these articles and he is editing the contents only for those purposes. He is doing the following in those articles, narrowing of scope, slandering, wrong proofs and driveling about activities deemed illegal by Govt of India. He is also creating exact duplicate articles and prevents me from using Redirecting in the following articles Sengunthar, Kaikolar, Kaikolan. He is also deleting the article Saiva Vellalar which is an entirely new article and keeps redirecting it to the article Vellalar which is an article with different scope. I have tried my level best for the past 3 months. He is also involved in personal attacks by using profane words. The admin Dina was involved in December 2006. However she seems to be inactive and is not responding. Hope you can bring in other editors to clean up these articles.
I have already tried RFC about a month ago and user:Mudaliar is unable to respond to the questions asked by me regarding validitiy of proofs used by him. What should be the next step? Please see his edit history on how intent he is on slandering Sengunthar group in the talk pages of various articles.
thnx Venki 16:56, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
While doing article categorisation, I came across the Kaikolan and Kaikolar articles and this current edit war. Could you, perhaps, close the articles to editing for a while? Please know that these two articles appear identical. Nyttend 17:18, 15 February 2007 (UTC)
- I misunderstood your notes on Venki's page to mean that you were going to do the block yourself. Nyttend`
Please clear the revision history of 2/14/2007. it is all useless and is ruining my life.
- Hi Natalie.
- American history is a neat field of study. Antioch is a fine college. Minneapolis is a great city. I know about the 1940s-1950s — I was there. What do you want to know?
- P.S. It's "judgment," not "judgement."
- Jeff dean 00:01, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
My edit to Trafficking in human beings
Hi Natalie. I agree my edit made the introduction too long. I only did it because the ‘abuse’ tag made the article look disjointed. I’ll have another look at it today. Regards. Chwyatt 09:32, 16 February 2007 (UTC)
Overlake Christian Church
Hi Natalie! Thanks for cleaning that page up. It was getting pretty ugly with all the vandalism back and forth. Bigger question, what about deleting the whole page and letting start over from scratch? Get rid of all the history, etc? Or is there someone else I should talk to? Monkeyfriends133 03:05, 17 February 2007 (UTC)Monkeyfriends133
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. You must be on Wikipedia all the time! :) Anyway, thanks for your help. Monkeyfriends133 03:25, 17 February 2007 (UTC) Monkeyfriends133
Yikes! That's a lot of snow! We had a ton of that not long ago--I spent most of my time indoors, too. Thank God for the internet! ~~ Monkeyfriends133
While they were linkspamming, they do not appear to be a spambot, but just a determined linkspamming editor, after a week they will either have gone away, or hopefully decided that they can contribute productively. — xaosflux Talk 03:33, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
- You're welcome! Keep up the good anti-vandalism work ... where do they all come from ... :) Antandrus (talk) 03:40, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
In response to your report, this user has been blocked for vandalism and harassment, by another administrator. Frankly, I was looking at the contributions and had decided to block indefinitely, but I was beaten to the button. I am allowing the shorter block to stand, but please let me know if there is any recurrence because he really is on his final warning. Regards, Newyorkbrad 22:02, 18 February 2007 (UTC)
About the Kele Okereke edit you bashed me for:
it was a puppet
- There's also a Category:Suspected Wikipedia sockpuppets of Nkras if you feel like familiarizing yourself with this user's editing style. — coelacan talk — 23:07, 19 February 2007 (UTC)
I see that you warned this user. Just to let you know that blatant violation of the username policy can be reported to WP:AIV. Just add the description "username vio" or similar. In this case the name is obviously a random collection of letters... WjBscribe 01:50, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
Sorry about my edit to the Anthony page. I just didn't believe that I could actually edit anything. --TonyToTehmaX 04:15, 20 February 2007 (UTC)
Madison Middle School
While it was necessary for you to delete the attempt at copywriting the page, it was definitely unnecessary to delete the section "Opinions from Students". The information in that section was obtained from a schoolwide survey; for instance, even the principal himself (James Steinhubel) can vouch that the school does suffer from graffiti. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk)
You removed a link on Durga Maa in Wiki
Do you really think it's a link spam:
Thanks for the heads up on COK Natalie, I most likely became distracted by something or another. You'll see my objection plainly spoken on that site's Discussion page. Ares0524 21:38, 22 February 2007 (UTC)Ares0524
I have provided a detailed rebuttal to claims that I am a non-notable at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Deletion_review/Log/2007_February_20#Christopher_Lotito -- since you last weighed in on the topic. Please do look at it and consider the new information I've provided. Thank you.
Yes, it is perfectly fine for participants in prior discussion to participate at deletion review. GRBerry 18:17, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
Nice work on cleaning up the page! TheMindsEye 17:06, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
Madison middle School
Sorry to bother, but seeing as how you know more about the process of reporting users than I do, I would like to request that you report User:jarbarf for continually making the page Madison Middle School redirect to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Thanks.188.8.131.52 23:09, 24 February 2007 (UTC)
- Because Google, the New York Times, and CNN seem to have nothing on his death. Funny... Natalie 03:43, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
please watch espn then. Mcoop06 03:44, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry, I don't have cable. Natalie 03:44, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
- espn dot com has nothing about it though. Natalie 03:45, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
use the internet then. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2778713 Mcoop06 03:52, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
- Last I checked, espn dot com is the internet. If you had provided this source in the story in the first place, it wouldn't have been a problem. Natalie 03:54, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
if you would of let me finished completing the page before reverting it, i would have. Mcoop06 03:59, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
Not a problem. Keep on going after the vandals etc. :-) Heimstern Läufer 04:48, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
how was that copyright?
i wrote everythign on there besides the lyrics!!!!
what am i supposed to do, make up lyrics so that they arent the actual song when that was what i was writing about! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nonononono (talk • contribs) 04:49, 25 February 2007 (UTC).
- Song lyrics themselves are copyrighted, and thus cannot be reprinted on Wikipedia. And vandalizing my userpage is probably not the best way to make a good impression. Natalie 04:50, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
just becuase the lyrics are copyrighted didnt mean you had to take every other thing off!!!!
- The article did not and does not begin to satisfy Wikipedia's policy on notability. Another policy you should read is Wikipedia's policy on personal attacks. Natalie 04:57, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
so basically what you're saying is that you can decide for the entire wikipedia community if an article of a writer is good enough? isnt this part of wikipedia, learning and letting other contribute to make an article as good as it can be? what makes you think that i wasnt going to continue editing it? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nonononono (talk • contribs) 04:58, 25 February 2007 (UTC).
- No, that is not what I am saying or have said. Please re-read my replies to you and the policy pages I have provided for you. I will not continue this conversation unless you are actually listening. Natalie 05:00, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
What are you talking about? I DID NOT change the pic. I changed the close friend/cousin info and the style. Please explain, thx.written by 184.108.40.206 21:00, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
- Please do not leaves messages for me on my user page - that's what the user talk page is for. I have moved your message to the appropriate place. To answer your question, if you actually read the warning I gave you, it refers to formatting, not pictures. Formatting is covered in Wikipedia's Manual of Style, which explains how pages should look. Your edits are contrary to the manual of style, particularly your use of level 1 headings (1 equals sign) when level two headings (2 equals signs) are called for. Please stop creating these inappropriate headings immediately, as I see you've been warned several times before. Natalie 21:03, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
Thank you are your recent reversal for an entry of this User. If you are an administrator, I would appreciate it if you could take some action. This User has for several weeks consistantly been a nuisance to both this page and Backstreet Boys Discography. He/she continually re-edits and ignores all messages posted. 220.127.116.11 21:07, 25 February 2007 (UTC)
Comment from Wayer
Thanks for the advice. I'll cite the sources that are necessary. As I can't be certain of their credibility or factual accuracy, I will only represent their content on Wikipedia as hearsay. However, I do believe the multitude of these rumours should be recognised. I'm not trying to propogate this conspiracy theory, I'm just mentioning it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wayer (talk • contribs)
Hi Natalie, I noticed your post at WP:ANI about the personal phone number included in vandalism to Sword of the Samurai. Well spotted! I emailed the oversight list and Essjay has dealt with them. In future where personal details are revealed, you can shortcut the process by sending an email to the oversight mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org (see Wikipedia:Requests for oversight) including the reason oversight is needed and the relevant diffs. WjBscribe 00:31, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
Don't worry about it. It is all gravy baby. Squadoosh 05:30, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
Removal of content was dead link - citation needed to verify firing of whitlock - please check link to see why content was deleted —The preceding Doverpro110 (talk • contribs) 13:47, 27 February 2007 (UTC).
Natalie, would you go ahead and have another look-see at COK's article, I've made some changes. Also, the link to Paul Shapiro... do you find the list of articles to be self-promotional? I've placed some rationale in discussion. Ares0524 15:48, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
Hi Natalie, I just want to let you know that you are violating Wikipedia:Three-revert rule. I'm not an administrator, and I don't know what Falloutboyemokid is doing or whether its vandalism. But you may be better off reporting him rather than engage in an edit war. --tess 23:53, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
- Actually, if you read the policy page you will see that reverting vandalism is never a violation of 3RR. Check the user's contribs, and you will see that his claims of copyright violations devolved into simple vandalism the minute he was challenged. He has also just been indef blocked. Natalie 23:55, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry. After watching the history page longer, I thought he may have been vandalizing. It just seems useless until he was blocked to keep reverting. --tess 23:58, 27 February 2007 (UTC)
- It may be wise to revert the article all the way back to yesterday's edit. What do you think? --tess 00:06, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
bubble pop electric
i have been listening! i dont understand what makes you think i am not! i am trying my hardest to understand your point of view, but you seem to not want to listen to my replies. i am sorry if i offended you. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nonononono (talk • contribs) 04:38, 28 February 2007 (UTC).
Nonononono 04:39, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
- Well, one thing that makes it seem like you are not listening would be making a personal attack after you have been warned against making personal attacks. Another thing would be vandalizing my user page. A third thing would be accusing me of making up rules when I am merely pointing you to policy pages that were make by community consensus (long before I started editing Wikipedia, I might add). Natalie 04:41, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
bubble pop electric
im sorry, but when someone really puts down something that took me half n hour to write, i have trouble not feeling slightly upset. sorry, but we dont all have a super long fuse. and i did not imply that you made up rules, i said that you deleted my work without even explaining it to me and acting like a dumb vandalism of your user page done as a joke is somehow against the law. can you explain this to me, or is that to much to ask??? love Nonononono 05:00, 28 February 2007 (UTC)
bubble pop electric
ok thank you for the explanation, i get it now im sorry i overreacted, that was dumb Nonononono 00:12, 1 March 2007 (UTC)