Here are some useful tips to ease you into the Wikipedia experience:
- First, take a look at the Wikipedia Tutorial, and perhaps dabble a bit in the test area.
- When you have some free time, take a look at the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines. They can come in very handy!
- Learn about some of the Wikipedia landmarks by trying our Wikipedia scavenger hunt!
- If you need any help, feel free to post a question at the Help Desk
- Wikipedia has a vibrant community of editors. The village pump is a great place to see the goings on.
- Remember to use a neutral point of view!
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Also, here are some odds and ends that I find useful from time to time:
- Wikipedia:Five pillars
- Wikipedia:Policy trifecta
- Wikipedia:Brilliant prose
- Wikipedia:Be bold in updating pages
- Wikipedia:Bad jokes and other deleted nonsense
Feel free to ask me anything the links and talk pages don't answer. You can most easily reach me by posting on my talk page.
- Uhm... thanks ;) Nice to be here. Nbougalis 23:26, 14 February 2006 (UTC)
WebChat on Internet Relay Chat
I don't think WebChat was ranked #9 on netsplit.de when I looked (a month before you reverted), either that or it was an accidental removal, I always check netsplit.de and searchirc.com for rankings before I remove them.
- That's ok :) No worries. --Nbougalis 02:47, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
Nbougalis, just to clarify, the Committee is correctly called the "Committee of the Whole House on the State of the Union." I reverted your change to the SAA article for that reason. Thanks, --Daysleeper47 20:52, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- If that is the case, the article on the mace of the house is also incorrect and needs updating. Thanks.
Just because I am a bit of a fanboy of OpenBSD and noticed you're a native Greek-speaker and user, I decided to try and poke you. The reason I poke is that the Greek OpenBSD article is little more than a stub, while the English one is a featured article. While I'd not expect to get a stranger to go translating the English into Greek, I was kinda hoping I could get you to make it a little more fleshed out. 126.96.36.199 22:05, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
- I'll take a look at it. Thanks. Nbougalis 09:32, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
HELP US MAKING THE PROJECT OF ANCIENT GREEK WIKIPEDIA
We are the promoters of the Wikipedia in Ancient Greek. we need your help, specially for write NEW ARTICLES and the TRANSLATION OF THE MEDIAWIKI INTERFACE FOR ANCIENT GREEK, for demonstrating, to the language subcommittee, the value of our project.
Utah Wikipedia Meetup
|Interested in attending a Utah Wikipedia Meetup?|