|WP:TPG apply. The purpose of this page is to attract my attention immediately, to discuss my editing in general, or to chat with me about editing Wikipedia in general. If you want to discuss my recent edit to a particular page, the proper place is on the talk page of that page, not here. This is so that other interested editors can also join in and we can all reach or at least approach WP:CONSENSUS there. By all means leave me a message and a link here if such a discussion is under way elsewhere and you think I might be interested.|
Your use of the rollback tool
This was an inappropriate use of the rollback tool, which is never to be used except in cases of edits obviously made in bad-faith. Reverts related to content disputes require manual edit summaries explaining your action. Thanks. – Juliancolton | Talk 21:25, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
- Agreed. My apologies for that. I normally use the Twinkle links, and on that occasion I expected to be presented with a textbox for my summary too, but my memory of that style of rollback link's behaviour was faulty. Therefore I immediately wrote my rationale onto the Talk page. In your experience, though, are there many occasions when deleting an entire section, title and all, is constructive and done in good faith? --Nigelj (talk) 23:08, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
- I've probably made the same mistake. Thanks to both of you for the reminder. NewsAndEventsGuy (talk) 00:33, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
Articles on Ship Stability
Dear Nigelj, thanks for improving my edit to the article Jibe.
I would like to draw your attention to a few articles could need a clean-up to become more understandable and readable:
- Metacentric height (could be improved with images from the article of the German wikipedia; also the text needs to be clarified)
- Ship stability (quote: "It should read as increasing, since water will add as a bottom weight there by increasing GM")
- Weather helm (quote: "I cannot tell if the vessel hull under heel really produces any significant turning moment, but the center of sail effort shift is really significant!")
I have worked a bit on the corresponding articles of the German wikipedia but am afraid that my English sailing vocabulary is not up to the task here.
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
See this article of earlier interest
See the latest Talk entry at International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea. The problem you noted in 2010 still exists, and has gotten murkier, as inline citations are sporadically added (to a 200 page document, without page numbers), thus confusing whether what appears is one set of rules, an amalgam of all rules, etc. Any way to solicit an expert to have a look at this? Cheers, Le Prof. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 16:49, 2 February 2017 (UTC)
I added my disscussion in the talk page but you're not even following. Web resources only has to have a URI it doesn't need to be interlinked example ftp://localhost/afd.html is a webresource (as it has an URI) but it is not hyperlinked it is only used to transfer the file afd.html back and forth. So the sentence needs to be changed to (generally interlinked) Uni3993 (talk) 17:41, 15 March 2017 (UTC)
- I found your comment, but it was buried in the middle of a two year old discussion higher up the article talk page. I copied it down into the current discussion and I and others are now commenting on it there. I also added a belated 'welcome' template to your talk page, as it contains links to several WP documents that you may find useful to familiarise yourself with. --Nigelj (talk) 11:20, 19 March 2017 (UTC)