- 1 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 2 Anton Yelchin
- 3 Move request
- 4 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 5 ITN recognition for John Glenn
- 6 ITN recognition for Rob Stewart (filmmaker)
- 7 Alex Trebek
- 8 Phil Murphy
- 9 New move request for New York
- 10 ITN recognition for Stubbs (cat)
- 11 Jim Justice
- 12 Lacel listed at Redirects for discussion
- 13 Template talk:Marriage
- 14 New Page Reviewing
- 15 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
- 16 ANI Experiences survey
- 17 Revert on Deaths in 2018
- 18 February 2018
- 19 Speedy deletion nomination of Donad Trump
- 20 ITN recognition for David Pearson (racing driver)
- 21 ArbCom 2018 election voter message
- 22 ITN recognition for Luis Valbuena
- 23 Talk:Catherine_Hill
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 17:07, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
I've reverted your removal of the recent death template. You may not be aware of this. but we use the template to denote recent deaths where reports are fast and furious. Until we have the coroner's report (and can cite it instead of wackadoo reports from different news agencies), it should remain in place, so that typical readers don't take away possibly false info. When things slow down, it should be removed. Not until then, though. If you disagree, feel free to initiate a discussion about the template's usage on the article discussion page. - Jack Sebastian (talk) 14:57, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
ITN recognition for John Glenn
ITN recognition for Rob Stewart (filmmaker)
I appreciate your finding an alternate source for Alex Trebek's birth name. However, I've listened to 30 minutes or more of that interview video you linked to and I cannot find where his birth name is mentioned in it. I also don't see it written on the enclosing web page. Could you point out where in that web page or video that information is included? If it's in the video itself, it would probably help to change the citation to a "cite video" template, where there is a time= parameter to help people find the reference. Thanks. --Krelnik (talk) 20:27, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
- Oh wait, I see what's happening. For some reason by default that page goes to video 2 of 5, but his name is mentioned in video 1 of 5. We need to figure out how to make it link to the right video. --Krelnik (talk) 20:30, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
- I fixed it myself, it now links to the video directly and indicates it happens at 51 seconds in. Sorry for the intrusion. --Krelnik (talk) 20:41, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for fixing the redirect to Phil Murphy. I can't see what problem existed, nor can I follow the fix, but that was my first redirect, and I'm sure I did something wrong. I'd be happy for you to tell me how to do it better next time. Regards, YoPienso (talk) 21:42, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
In case you are still unaware of this discussion, there is a new discussion for renaming New York to New York (state). As you participated in the previous discussion on this topic, you may want to express your opinion in the new disussion. עוד מישהו Od Mishehu 04:23, 10 July 2017 (UTC)
ITN recognition for Stubbs (cat)
- Leads of officeholders typically include their party, so Justice's switch is probably notable enough to cover in the lead. Fwiw, I think the lead will be able to just say "he was a Dem but became GOP" after he officially announces it (right now it's a bit unwieldy since it's just reports), and the article body will go into detail about his switch and how he announced it at the Trump rally. Nohomersryan (talk) 21:54, 3 August 2017 (UTC)
Lacel listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Lacel. Since you had some involvement with the Lacel redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. BDD (talk) 18:56, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
New Page Reviewing
I've seen you editing recently and you seem knowledgeable about Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
ANI Experiences survey
The Wikimedia Foundation Community health initiative (led by the Safety and Support and Anti-Harassment Tools team) is conducting a survey for en.wikipedia contributors on their experience and satisfaction level with the Administrator’s Noticeboard/Incidents. This survey will be integral to gathering information about how this noticeboard works - which problems it deals with well, and which problems it struggles with.
If you would like to take this survey, please sign up on this page, and a link for the survey will be mailed to you via Special:Emailuser.
Please be aware this survey will close Friday, Dec. 8 at 23:00 UTC.
Revert on Deaths in 2018
- I initially linked it as a redlink when I first edited the page, which is what it should be if there's no page for him. Looks like along the way it was changed to point to a DAB. Nohomersryan (talk) 04:33, 16 February 2018 (UTC)
A page you created has been nominated for deletion as an attack page, according to section G10 of the criteria for speedy deletion.
Do not create pages that attack, threaten, or disparage their subject or any other entity. Attack pages and files are not tolerated by Wikipedia, and users who create or add such material may be blocked from editing. Nerd1a4i (talk) 18:19, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Nerd1a4i: what page prompted this? I haven't created any articles recently, certainly no attack pages. Nohomersryan (talk) 21:59, 20 February 2018 (UTC)
- @Nohmersryan: I really apologize, this was a bit of an accident. You created a redirect, and a user edited that page to contain some...interesting information about Vice President Pence; I thought the whole page had been created by them because they had previously created a whole page, so I CSD'd it. You were the original creator so it showed up on your page. I'm sorry this happened, and I hope you have a great day! --Nerd1a4i (talk) 13:04, 21 February 2018 (UTC)
Speedy deletion nomination of Donad Trump
A tag has been placed on Donad Trump requesting that it be speedily deleted from Wikipedia. This has been done for the following reason:
Under the criteria for speedy deletion, pages that meet certain criteria may be deleted at any time.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be deleted without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, then please contact the , or if you have already done so, you can place a request here. Polyamorph (talk) 08:02, 23 April 2018 (UTC)