Hello. This is my talk page. Feel free to leave me a message. I am an administrator, and I will do my best to help you. I will respond on this page to keep the discussion in one place. I archive when I feel like it. ~ ONUnicorn (Talk / Contribs)
|Wikipedia ads||file info – show another – #9|
Userbox removed by me
You have discovered that I removed, some four months ago, a userpage from your userpage. This was, as I trust you realized, not a vandalism removal; the userbox was, at that time, itself a vandalism which inserted speedy deletion notices onto pages which contained it. I lack the software knowledge to understand how this was done, but I found the same userbox on several other userpages which, like yours, were clearly not speedy deletion material. The speedy tags vanished when the box was removed. I see that you have now replaced the userbox without harmful effect; someone therefore, with greater software knowledge than mine, has been able to clean it.----Anthony Bradbury"talk" 21:56, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- It looks like with this edit someone placed the speedy on the template. Some two hours later they self-reverted with an edit summary amounting to "whoops". ~ ONUnicorn(Talk|Contribs)problem solving 02:50, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
The fourth round of the 2018 WikiCup has now come to an end. The eight users who made it to the final round had to score a minimum of 422 points to qualify, with the top score in the round being 4869 points. The leaders in round 4 were:
- Courcelles scored a magnificent 4869 points, with 92 good articles on Olympics-related themes. Courcelles' bonus points alone exceeded the total score of any of the other contestants!
- Kees08 was second with 1155 points, including a high-scoring featured article for Neil Armstrong, two good topics and some Olympics-related good articles.
- Cas Liber, with 1066 points, was in third place this round, with two featured articles and a good article, all on natural history topics.
- Other contestants who qualified for the final round were Nova Crystallis, Iazyges, SounderBruce, Kosack and Ceranthor.
During round four, 6 featured articles and 164 good articles were promoted by WikiCup contestants, 13 articles were included in good topics and 143 good article reviews were performed. There were also 10 "in the news" contributions on the main page and 53 "did you knows". Congratulations to all who participated! It was a generally high-scoring and productive round and I think we can expect a highly competitive finish to the competition.
Remember that any content promoted after the end of round 4 but before the start of round 5 can be claimed in round 5. Remember too that you must claim your points within 10 days of "earning" them. If you are concerned that your nomination will not receive the necessary reviews, please list it on Wikipedia:WikiCup/Reviews. It would be helpful if this list could be cleared of any items no longer relevant. If you want to help out with the WikiCup, please do your bit to keep down the review backlogs! Questions are welcome on Wikipedia talk:WikiCup, and the judges are reachable on their talk pages or by email. Good luck, and let the best editor win! If you wish to start or stop receiving this newsletter, please feel free to add or remove yourself from Wikipedia:WikiCup/Newsletter/Send. Godot13, Sturmvogel 66, Vanamonde and Cwmhiraeth. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 18:31, 1 September 2018 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (August 2018).
- Because of a data centre test you will be able to read but not edit the wikis for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October. This will start at 14:00 (UTC). You might lose edits if you try to save during this time. The time when you can't edit might be shorter than an hour.
- Some abuse filter variables have changed. They are now easier to understand for non-experts. The old variables will still work but filter editors are encouraged to replace them with the new ones. You can find the list of changed variables on mediawiki.org. They have a note which says
Deprecated. Use ... instead. An example is
article_textwhich is now
- Abuse filters can now use how old a page is. The variable is
- The Arbitration Committee has resolved to perform a round of Checkuser and Oversight appointments. The usernames of all applicants will be shared with the Functionaries team, and they will be requested to assist in the vetting process. The deadline to submit an application is 23:59 UTC, 12 September, and the candidates that move forward will be published on-wiki for community comments on 18 September.