- 1 Great work
- 2 Great job
- 3 An Invite to join Saskatchewan WikiProject
- 4 WikiProject Orienteering
- 5 Orienteering map
- 6 DYK
- 7 Updating DYK
- 8 DYK
- 9 Categories
- 10 Did You Know question
- 11 DYK
- 12 Great work.
- 13 Osvald Group, Asbjørn Sunde
- 14 Tofane
- 15 VF Ivano Dibona, Cristallo (mountain)
- 16 DYK for Dyre Vaa
- 17 DYK for Anne Grimdalen
- 18 DYK for Control point (orienteering)
- 19 DYK for Bromma kyrka
- 20 DYK for Spånga kyrka
- 21 Harald zur Hausen
- 22 DYK for Solna Church
- 23 DYK nom for Pawtuckaway State Park
- 24 DYK
- 25 Did You Know question
- 26 DYK
- 27 Time for a medal
- 28 DYK for Nicolai Wergeland
- 29 DYK for Lucien Michard
- 30 DYK for Toralv Øksnevad
- 31 DYK for Ravnedalen, Kristiansand
- 32 DYK for Joseph Frantz Oscar Wergeland
- 33 DYK for Claus Pavels
- 34 DYK for Shokichi Natsui
- 35 Birthdates
- 36 Wikiproject Olympics
|The Running Man Barnstar|
|I, Basketballoneten, award you The Running Man Barnstar for creating a great article entitled Marianne Andersen. Great work, indeed. Basketballoneten 23:56, 26 January 2008 (UTC)|
Wow, I'm very impressed with all the Olympics bios you're adding. I happened across a couple in working on the WPBiography assessment drive and realized you were adding scores of articles. I just wanted to tell you great job, and also not to be concerned about adding project templates to the new articles, as I've been coming along behind you and adding the templates and completing the assessment. Also, so you wouldn't think anything of it if you happened to see my name pop up on the history list of all of these new articles. Thanks for great work! Wildhartlivie (talk) 01:45, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for the feedback, and for the assessment efforts! Yes, I created a few hundred biographical articles about sportspeople who have received medals in the olympics, or in international championships. Olympic medalists are good candidates, because the articles about the competitions provide redlinks, and also because it is easy to find references documenting their achievements. Oceanh (talk) 22:47, 14 April 2008 (UTC).
|The Tireless Contributor Barnstar|
|For your tireless and continued creation of hundreds of sports related articles. Keep up the good work!!!|
An Invite to join Saskatchewan WikiProject
Thanks for contributing to Wikipedia articles related to orienteering. If you are interested in orienteering, you might like to add WikiProject Orienteering to your watchlist (see Help:Watching pages).
- Thanks for the invitation. I intend to carry on contributing to articles related to orienteering, when finding relevant material and time for it. My focus is mainly on articles and not so much on project administration, so I do not have the habit of adding myself to lists of project members. I wish all the best for this project! and hopefully will join discussions, ask for help or advice, or offer help from time to time. Oceanh (talk) 21:16, 15 June 2008 (UTC).
|WikiProject Orienteering Barnstar|
|I award you the WikiProject Orienteering Barnstar for|
Rudget ( ) 10:11, 13 July 2008 (UTC)
When preparing to update DYK, please also remember to credit the editor who created/expanded the article, as well as the nominator of the hook (see Template:Did you know/Next update#Credits). Cheers, –Black Falcon (Talk) 16:50, 28 August 2008 (UTC)
- Sure. I was doing the update in two operations, sorry for the delay. Since the credit section was empty I decided to check the page history to find the common format for the crediting (and got a bit distracted by observing that the article had been listed for the previous DYK and then delisted/delayed). Thanks for completing the credit, and for the reminder. Oceanh (talk) 17:17, 28 August 2008 (UTC).
Thank you for your nomination! - Mailer Diablo 01:16, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Another one in the bag! - Mailer Diablo 05:36, 30 August 2008 (UTC)
Ahah. You are the one responsible for those orienteering DYKs I found. Would you care to expand the DYK "trophy" list I started on Wikipedia:WikiProject Orienteering? --Una Smith (talk) 06:41, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
- I am not sure why I somtimes forget the birth year category, maybe I'm too focused on other aspects of the articles. In the Linn Skåber article I plainly forgot to insert the BD template. I normally use the BD template, but in some cases I have started to use the DEFAULTSORT template (when birth year is unknown or not supplied, and occationally for older people to avoid an uninformed guess between Category:Living people and Year of death unknown). I do not remember the details about the three Cuban volleyball players. The 21 recently created stubs about Japanese volleyball players were mainly prepared offline. Originally I did not intend to search for their year of birth, and when I decided to include the years after all, I forgot to replace DEFAULTSORT with BD.
- Thank you for fixing some of the articles! And sorry for the inconvenience. Oceanh (talk) 19:25, 8 September 2008 (UTC).
Did You Know question
Hi. I've reviewed your DYK submission for the article Linn Skåber, and made a comment on it at the submissions page. Please feel free to reply or comment there. Cheers, Art LaPella (talk) 01:09, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for the review, and for noticing the ambiguity! I have modified the article and the hook (reusing your words), to clarify. Oceanh (talk) 18:28, 10 September 2008 (UTC).
Hi. I just noticed your DYK noms for Asbjørn Sunde and the Osvald Group. Great work, you filled a in noticeable gap there. I took the liberty of doing some maintenance work on the articles for you, hope they make DYK, they sure do qualify. Manxruler (talk) 10:39, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for the nice comments, and for your improvements to the two articles! Oceanh (talk) 20:17, 18 September 2008 (UTC).
Osvald Group, Asbjørn Sunde
- Thank you for the article selections, and for the dyk notice! Oceanh (talk) 20:17, 18 September 2008 (UTC).
VF Ivano Dibona, Cristallo (mountain)
- Thank you for taking the articles on Dolomite massifs Tofane and Cristallo, and the via ferrata Ivano Dibona! Oceanh (talk) 20:29, 23 September 2008 (UTC).
DYK for Dyre Vaa
DYK for Anne Grimdalen
- Thank you for selecting Dyre Vaa and Anne Grimdalen, and for the notification! Oceanh (talk) 19:06, 29 September 2008 (UTC).
DYK for Control point (orienteering)
DYK for Bromma kyrka
DYK for Spånga kyrka
- Thank you for selecting Control point (orienteering), Bromma kyrka and Spånga kyrka. Oceanh (talk) 23:41, 5 October 2008 (UTC).
Harald zur Hausen
- Ok fine, thanks. I posed the question on WT:DYK because I could not fully understand the DYK selection rules for this and similar cases, also not being familiar with the ITN process. Now it seems the rules can be interpreted differently by experienced editors. Anyway, probably not a too frequent issue. Oceanh (talk) 23:39, 12 October 2008 (UTC).
DYK for Solna Church
DYK nom for Pawtuckaway State Park
- Great Una! Keep up your good work on improving and promoting articles on orienteering! Oceanh (talk) 12:32, 19 October 2008 (UTC).
- Thank you for the greeting! Oceanh (talk) 12:32, 19 October 2008 (UTC).
- Please consider putting something (anything!) on your userpage. The red link makes you look like a newbie, which is definitely wrong. Royalbroil 14:51, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
Thank you for your contributions! - Cheers, Mailer Diablo 17:46, 27 October 2008 (UTC)
Did You Know question
Hi. I've reviewed your DYK submission for the article Lars Andreas Oftedahl, and made a comment on it at the submissions page. Please feel free to reply or comment there. Cheers, Art LaPella (talk) 22:51, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
- Thank you for the prompt review! I substituted "reputated" with "renowned". Oceanh (talk) 23:48, 28 October 2008 (UTC).
- I notice that your name is a red link. I highly recommend you change that by creating a user page - even if it's almost blank. A red link on a userpage implies new contributor or often even worse vandal. You deserve so much better for all that you have done! Royalbroil 20:22, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
Time for a medal
|The 25 DYK Medal|
|You earned the 25 DYK medal. Thank you for your contributions! Punkmorten (talk) 10:22, 4 November 2008 (UTC)|
DYK for Nicolai Wergeland
Another Wergeland destubbed - this time it's Harald Nicolai Storm Wergeland. Truly an interesting character. You are welcome to check the article, and maybe review the DYK nomination? Punkmorten (talk) 14:14, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- Good job! I modified one of the references to point directly to the relevant online chapter of the book, and added citation to a few more sentences. Oceanh (talk) 20:54, 17 November 2008 (UTC).
DYK for Lucien Michard
DYK for Toralv Øksnevad
DYK for Ravnedalen, Kristiansand
07:01, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
DYK for Joseph Frantz Oscar Wergeland
07:01, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
DYK for Claus Pavels
|The Barnstar of Recovery|
|Great job in saving the GA status of Andreas Thorkildsen! Punkmorten (talk) 12:51, 2 December 2008 (UTC)|
- Oh well, thanks. I do not have experience in the GA process, but tried to address the issues listed by the reviewer. Made two small expansions, moved some material, rewrote the lead section, and polished some sentences. After this the reviewer found the article to qualify for GA, although there are still significant problems. Hopefully somebody will improve the article over time. Oceanh (talk) 10:36, 7 December 2008 (UTC).