|Threads older than 90 days may be archived by.|
- 1 You've got mail!
- 2 Request on 09:10:07, 15 March 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by Zaveri chintan
- 3 Please don't discuss article talk page material in my user talk page
- 4 If I offended you I appologize
- 5 Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC) Fish First Award
- 6 Need advice on resubmission
- 7 A "User talk" page mention.
- 8 Question
- 9 Followup
- 10 Need more feedback
- 11 Draft declined due to lack of sources
- 12 08:32:35, 19 March 2015 review of submission by Aruppillai
- 13 Penguins
- 14 Re: I'm also getting tired
- 15 Request on 03:24:53, 28 March 2015 for assistance on AfC submission by 188.8.131.52
- 16 Your submission at Articles for creation: Edith Hirsch (economist) (March 29)
- 17 AfC notification: Draft:Edith Hirsch (economist) has a new comment
- 18 A barnstar for you!
- 19 Your submission at Articles for creation: Edith Hirsch (economist) has been accepted
- 20 DYK nomination of Edith Hirsch (economist)
- 21 Draft Declined
- 22 14:45:08, 9 April 2015 review of submission by KatKing15
- 23 Question
- 24 Some baklava for you!
- 25 DYK for Edith Hirsch (economist)
- 26 5 Seconds of Summer (album)
- 27 12:11:23, 17 April 2015 review of submission by Paulclift
- 28 Craig Sherrad (musician) Article
- 29 Crystal Pepsi
- 30 Chip64 Needs a confirmation!
- 31 Precious
- 32 Those de Menils again
You've got mail!
Nahnah4 (talk | contribs | guestbook) 08:55, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
It's about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths. Some sources may not be reliable but not all. And why do you suppose that my article contain original research --Dare4 (talk) 20:59, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths --Dare4 (talk) 20:57, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
What do you think about my new version ? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths --Dare4 (talk) 10:41, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
I modified the article--Dare4 (talk) 16:38, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths --Dare4 (talk) 21:58, 20 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths on 24 March 2015. Thanks. --Dare4 (talk) 19:43, 27 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a new message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths. Thanks. --Dare4 (talk) 09:17, 28 March 2015 (UTC)
I left a new message on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Unreliable_hadeeths. Thanks. --Dare4 (talk) 21:18, 30 March 2015 (UTC)
Ok, you can delete Draft:Unreliable hadeeths; thanks.--Dare4 (talk) 16:26, 31 March 2015 (UTC)
Please don't discuss article talk page material in my user talk page
You have tried to discuss mergers of articles in my user talk page. the user talk page isn't where we want to discuss articles. if you want you can post in any of the article talk page with the article you want to talk about. My user page isn't for article conversation. Thank you in advance and have a nice day. Bryce Carmony (talk) 02:38, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
If I offended you I appologize
Judging by your repeated attempts to get me banned, I am guessing that somehow I have offended you. If that is the case, please allow me to apologize, it is not my intention to offend you. When I read WP:NPOV and it says that it is non negotiable I make a merger proposals. I want to involve more than just 1 articles worth of editors so I make a few merger proposals. I don't know what about that is "Pointy" but I am sorry, if you chose to continue to attempt to get me banned from Wikipedia I understand, but let it be known my objective isn't to offend you it's a sincere attempt to address a discrepancy between what our policy says, and what we are doing. Bryce Carmony (talk) 12:33, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Bryce Carmony: Let me clarify my position. I am annoyed by the fact that some of your mergers are proposed without stopping to consider the article in question. That is what feels somewhat pointy, and NPOV is not having an article with more criticism than quite literally every other section of the article combined. I am frustrated by your assumption that a mildly hostile environment will deter women more than men. I am not trying to get you banned; I am trying to get you to reconsider your actions of blanking your talk page after criticism and calling it "spam and harassment". I respect what you are doing, and what you have already done with some articles and mergers, but I feel that you are not considering the articles in the name of NPOV. Origamiteⓣⓒ 14:28, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
- I admit that my first few mergers didn't realize how controversial this would be. That's why my merger proposals became more detailed. look at an early proposal like talk:Communism vs a later proposal such as talk:Yahoo! I am trying to make the process better. I always consider the article. ( that is why I'm not trying to merge Art criticism with Art. My assumption is based in observation and feedback from non-wikipedians, I observe that Wikipedia is hostile ( there are articles that convey this point, and even articles that cite this for why women don't edit ) added to that the fact that my friends have given this as a reason, It is a view that I hold, not becuase I think women are "delicate" or something like that. But because the information I have access to points me in that direction. When you go to an admin and say "This person is "pointy" that to me feels like you are trying to get me banned, you're more then welcome to engage in the discussion, but I feel like you try and cricumvent the dicussion. can we please try and find common ground. For example, do you see a difference in Film criticism and Criticism of reality television ? Bryce Carmony (talk) 18:46, 16 March 2015 (UTC)
Bristol Bay Native Corporation (BBNC) Fish First Award
Hello, Thank you for the review of the Bristol Bay Native Corporation Fish First page. I added a couple of citations and a link to a newspaper showing a list of winners for the event, that included the Fish First award. This is my first attempt, so any help is appreciated. thank you! c CaseyWriter (talk) 19:13, 16 March 2015 (UTC) CaseyWriter
Need advice on resubmission
Hello, Thank you for your comments on my page. In resubmitting, I would greatly appreciate if you could look over the new draft and let me know if I have corrected your concerns. The page is Draft: Jan Karlin.
A "User talk" page mention.
While not mentioned explicitly, you are mentioned implicitly, and very much on purpose, in my comments to another editor I believe you may have met on some of these non-article pages. Since that is the case, I feel you have the right to know what I wrote. The reference, in case my comment is a TL;DR, is to "first remark", 2nd to last paragraph. —Aladdin Sane (talk) 06:08, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Aladdin Sane: Thank you for notifying me of your comment. I, personally, find it very hard to drop the stick after the horse is dead. That's why, after the first comment and one other suggesting that Luke and Andy back off and let uninvolved editors in, I have worked as hard as possible not to voice an opinion. At the moment, I am against any sanction; I only started the AN/I to get other opinions and to help Bryce realize what the problem was with the mass mergers and civility, and now I believe he has. Origamiteⓣⓒ 14:02, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with your general strategy. Not all parts of the horse are dead (need we go on with this metaphor, it gets quite gory). I disagree with some of your specifics. The ban/block proposal for six months is still being mulled at User:Bryce Carmony and civility, as of the moment, prior to the archiving of it. As I've opined recently, I should write a well researched essay WP:Criticism of ANI. I find this title ironic, based on our recent editor's problems. While I would not dissuade your input there, I've instituted a 36 hour self block on myself, because of the responses to date. —Aladdin Sane (talk) 14:35, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
- O/T If I may advise: Go anywhere but AN/I to get other opinions. Enlisting a 3rd editor is great, done it myself. WP:DR I've no negative opinions of. But unleash ANI: There you go, just read it. Read the archives; it's a fucking Star Chamber. Was that what you meant when you submitted it? I don't parse that. You meant to give him a wet noodle. Now he's up to being blocked from all edits for up to 34,560 hours; six months? Is this what you proposed? Stay thee clear from ANI, there are alternatives. —Aladdin Sane (talk) 15:03, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi, thanks for your response. I purposefully deleted the early life section as I could not reference where Ms. Karlin grew up and attended college. Should that be added back in light of your latest comment, and how should it be handled that these items cannot be referenced? I certainly see similar sections on many other pages. Please advise how to have an intro without references. Many thanks! Katya1812 (talk) 21:28, 17 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I appreciate your response very much. I have added back some of the intro, but of course these are things that I have no way of citing with references. However, I have added citations to the highlights section since my last submission. Could you kindly look it over and let me know if you think this has a better chance of being accepted for submission? Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Katya1812 (talk) 17:39, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
Need more feedback
Hi, I hope you feel better soon. When you are feeling better, some specifics from you would be very helpful. I don't know how college degrees and employment are promotional, so please let me know exactly what is the problem as I'm not clear on this. Many thanks! Katya1812 (talk) 20:09, 18 March 2015 (UTC)
Draft declined due to lack of sources
hi , i have added the sources/references for the draft canned cycle. please check it again as i have submitted it for re-review. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Amit307d (talk • contribs) 05:51, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
08:32:35, 19 March 2015 review of submission by Aruppillai
Re: I'm also getting tired
Personally, I have been trying to reason with him for 8 months, starting on Wikia, from which he was eventually permanently banned by staff for consistent offensive and unreasonable trolling, including uploading several long homophobic slur insults on several other people's user pages, widespread systematic lying about founding the "Outskirts Battledome" internet community, which he had nothing to do with, massive edit-warring with entire wikia communities, and writing a guide in how to efficiently troll people. I have heard that he has also been banned from several other communities. Given his history of unreasonably consistently attacking me with slurs and lies, I don't think that it is possible to reason with him. For example, he stubbornly refuses to understand how spatial dimensions work, and that this is not the same thing as when "dimension" is used for "pocket universe". Quite frankly, I have no idea how to deal with Sean. David A (talk) 03:56, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
Well, Wiki staff deleted his various wikis due to them either plagiarising the copyrighted name of another community, containing said long homophobic slurs, or the guide to trolling, but you can check with the staff member "SemanticDrifter", if you wish for confirmation. He also wrote a new guide here, and another about how to get emotional reactions out of people here. In addition, after he returned after his global ban to troll the "VsBattles" wiki, where I am an admin, over hundreds of IP posts, I deleted most of them, and I requested to Urban Dictionary that they should remove his homophobic slurs about me there. However, here is a somewhat clumsy description with links that I did earlier on wikipedia. Also, here is a lying insulting attack thread that he made about me together with an apparent sockpuppet (or at least the member only had 57 posts in total, and hasn't posted anything since) after I thought that we had came to an agreement on this site to leave each other alone/not mention each other at all outside of Wikipedia, which I had upheld. Here are links to various communities from which he has been banned. And here is a thread that he made in which he is shown as completely flippant and unrepentant about it. Blaming the consequences of his behaviour on everybody else. David A (talk) 06:35, 25 March 2015 (UTC)
Your submission at Articles for creation: Edith Hirsch (economist) (March 29)
AfC notification: Draft:Edith Hirsch (economist) has a new comment
A barnstar for you!
|The Original Barnstar|
|i want your help please tell me how i can improve my edition Shiffa ul ain (talk) 12:30, 1 April 2015 (UTC)|
Your submission at Articles for creation: Edith Hirsch (economist) has been accepted
DYK nomination of Edith Hirsch (economist)
Hello! Your submission of Edith Hirsch (economist) at the Did You Know nominations page has been reviewed, and some issues with it may need to be clarified. Please review the comment(s) underneath your nomination's entry and respond there as soon as possible. Thank you for contributing to Did You Know! Mchuedem (talk) 19:59, 2 April 2015 (UTC)
- Please see new note on DYK nomination template. Yoninah (talk) 19:02, 5 April 2015 (UTC)
I realize that there is another Pearl Harbor page but I am creating this page for a school project so if you could refrain from declining my post it would be greatly appreciated.
Yes it has to be made on Wikipedia. We are to make a page over a topic that relates to our class theme "War and Society." It is supposed to be roughly 500-700 words in length and we are to keep up with it everyday and respond to other editors to improve the page.
- @Jherod28: And you are telling me that Pearl Harbor is the only battle that you can consider--why not pick another one which we don't have an article on? Or a notable general? Can't you show these conversations to your teacher and receive credit? If your teacher has an account, can you ask them to email me? Origamiteⓣⓒ 15:18, 8 April 2015 (UTC)
14:45:08, 9 April 2015 review of submission by KatKing15
Hi. Yes, the assembly hall is the same as the Town Hall. I have been trying to get this page up for a while now, following the format of other venues such as Oslo, Hackney and have not had any luck. What are they doing that I am not?
- @KatKing15: The basic thing about a Wikipedia article is that it needs to be supported with reliable, third-party sources which demonstrate notability. Has the Islington Town Hall been reviewed by a reliable newspaper? Right now, there isn't enough content, period, but you can't add advertising language to fill in the rest; it must be sourced. I don't really like the language and sourcelessness of Oslo (Hackney) either, which is why I just edited it a bit. Origamiteⓣⓒ 15:00, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
You sent me a message asking about what methods were used in the Holocaust. Primarily, Gassing was used, because it was the fastest way. BUT, Execution could also take place by Firing Squad, and by being Burned Alive (In the Crematoria)
- Yes--the source supports 1 million, I think. Are you sure that gassing was the primary method in all camps? Can you give me a breakdown between methods? I'm not a Holocaust denier (far from it, I'm Jewish), but I believe Zyklon B did not kill the majority of the victims. Origamiteⓣⓒ 19:39, 10 April 2015 (UTC)
Says here that it killed 4.1 million, but was changed to 1.1 million
- @BigCJ123: I know. I've known that the death count was revised down with new information. That's why we can't edit war on Wikipedia, even if we're right--because being right about the facts can change. I hope you enjoy the Middle-earth wikiproject, and continue editing productively. Origamiteⓣⓒ 18:36, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
Some baklava for you!
|sir can we write english essays on wikipedia.. if we can then how we can? Shiffa ul ain (talk) 11:03, 11 April 2015 (UTC)|
DYK for Edith Hirsch (economist)
|On 12 April 2015, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article Edith Hirsch (economist), which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that German-American economist Edith Hirsch met her husband at the childhood home of Albert Einstein's wife? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/Edith Hirsch (economist). You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
- I don't believe that genres in the infobox are generally cited; look at Ice on Fire for a randomly-selected example. Origamiteⓣⓒ 05:11, 15 April 2015 (UTC)
12:11:23, 17 April 2015 review of submission by Paulclift
Hello! I am quite new to wikipedia, but have tried my best to respect the guidelines for the page on "neuverBand" ... could you please review changes I have made to the article and advise me on what I should change in order for it to be made public? Thanks! Paulclift (talk) 12:11, 17 April 2015 (UTC)
Craig Sherrad (musician) Article
I am new to writing Wikipedia articles, and I guess I am not quite "getting it" yet. I saw your comment about "Dennis often felt the bass and reverb from Pierson and Sherrad working below him", and I am failing to see how that isn't neutral. Can you help me out and give me some more detailed pointers? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Seanthewebber (talk • contribs) 17:56, 19 April 2015 (UTC)
That's 100% true information from the Crystal Pepsi movement. 100%. Don't just assume things and be a jerk. You can look at the skippy62able YouTube channel and see. It was additional info for the movement. Look at it right now and I demand you bring my edits back now, I have a right to edit without criticism, have a good day. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mmorgthgfhu (talk • contribs)
- @Mmorgthgfhu: Okay. I apologize; I rushed to conclusions and assumed that the edits were poor. That is my fault. However, just because something is true doesn't mean that it's encyclopedic. I don't feel that the expansion of L. A. Beast's campaign is necessary; it seems to be excessively long for a YouTube reaction to an article subject which has not been covered in reliable sources. Please don't demand things; anyone has the right to revert and criticize anyone's edits (including yours to revert and criticize mine), but a major step in the Bold, Revert, Discuss edit process is to discuss controversial edits, as we are doing now. Origamiteⓣⓒ 02:48, 27 April 2015 (UTC)
Chip64 Needs a confirmation!
Hello Origamite, I Have Just made a new article about a Rack Extension on the Chip64. I Need at least 10 People to Confirm it. You may make any changes to the page. If you think it should be deleted I will add that to my Vote list :)
Vote List for Chip64
|No Votes||Yes Votes|
- @Wakalaka123: Where did you get this impression? A confirmation isn't part of article creation. However, there are no sources, so those should be added pretty quickly. I'm also unaware why you're consulting me on this matter; the editor interaction analyzer says that I have never encountered you before. Origamiteⓣⓒ 22:27, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
- Oh. Ok! Nevermind. Also idk where I got the impression. Wakalaka123 (talk) 22:39, 5 May 2015 (UTC)
Those de Menils again
Hi, I'm wondering if, given your participation in the discussion on his wife, you may be interested in Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/George de Menil (2nd nomination).
(To be clear, this isn't a canvass; I have no idea how you'll vote, but I do know you'll provide a reasoned opinion if you comment. That's more than can be said for the current "keep" voter, who, when pressed to explain just which sources establish notability, could come up with nothing better than a personal attack.) - Biruitorul Talk 19:40, 10 May 2015 (UTC)