Please click "New section" above to leave any new message, and please sign your message (just type ~~~~).
If you leave a message here, I will reply here unless you ask me to reply elsewhere, to make discussions easier to read.
If you reply to a message here, please indent (start the line with ":") and sign your message.
If you are discussing any particular page, please provide a link to it - it makes life easier for me and anyone else seeing this page.
*Archive 11 (?)
- 1 COI Notice
- 2 Assumptioncollegeofdavao listed at Redirects for discussion
- 3 User group: New Page Reviewr
- 4 You emailed me that I can edited my own page. (Geraldine Aron)
- 5 Message for kind Pam D
- 6 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 7 Valluvangad
- 8 December 2016 at Women in Red
- 9 The Signpost: 4 November 2016
- 10 New Page Review - newsletter
- 11 Delyth Morgan, Baroness Morgan of Drefelin
While this isn't looking at your editing... looking at one of the parties talk pages seems to indicate you might be interested in this.
Assumptioncollegeofdavao listed at Redirects for discussion
An editor has asked for a discussion to address the redirect Assumptioncollegeofdavao. Since you had some involvement with the Assumptioncollegeofdavao redirect, you might want to participate in the redirect discussion if you have not already done so. — Gorthian (talk) 01:19, 18 November 2016 (UTC)
User group: New Page Reviewr
Based on the patrols you made of new pages during a qualifying period in 2016, your account has been added to the "
New page reviewers" user group, allowing you to review new pages and mark them as patrolled, tag them for maintenance issues, or in some cases, tag them for deletion. The list of articles awaiting review is located at the New Pages Feed.
- Be nice to new users - they are often not aware of doing anything wrong.
- You will frequently be asked by users to explain why their page is being deleted - be formal and polite in your approach to them too, even if they are not.
- Don't review a page if you are not sure what to do. Just leave it for another reviewer.
- Remember that quality is quintessential to good patrolling. Take your time to patrol each article, there is no rush. Use the message feature and offer basic advice.
You emailed me that I can edited my own page. (Geraldine Aron)
Regret I have no idea what I did wrong. There were errors and I attemped to change them and add some more facts. Please remove whtever I did wrong. I suppose an entry with errors is better than none. Many thanks. GERALDINE ARON (elderly, no idea what a tild is!!) Ps when I put my name into google, a photo of an actress pops up as the main picture. She is Lara Flynn, an actress who was in one of my plays. Many thanks if you can adjust that to show my pic, as it is creating confusion. Yours Geraldine Aron — Preceding unsigned comment added by Gerwalsh (talk • contribs) 12:52, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
Message for kind Pam D
Thanks so much I will try to provide what you need for the bits I added. But meantime just go with whatever you think appropriate I was hoping to remove the photo not replace it with one of me all the very best and sorry to give you extra work. Geraldine aronGeraron (talk) 16:14, 21 November 2016 (UTC) Geraron (talk) 16:14, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Hi PamD. Got the notice on my talk page regarding the above article. And I'm confused. On the NPP tutorial, it says to tag articles if there are no references, which this article already was. I checked to make sure the village existed, and since it was tagged, marked it as reviewed. Did I misread the tutorial someplace? Not that I mind adding references, but sometimes if the article has no interest for me, I simply check to make sure it doesn't need to be deleted, and tag it. I don't do much NPP work, but there is such a backlog, I thought I'd help out, so any advice is welcomed. Onel5969 TT me 16:39, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
- Hi onel5969 - allow me to chip in here. As the edit history on that page demonstrates, I did a lot of editing, including lotsa cleanup, added Pinpush map, formatted the only proper reference, formatted the external link and, shortly after, Yamaguchi先生 redirected the page, (a perfectly intelligent redirect were it not for the fact that I was working on the article). So I posted Yamaguchi先生 - s/he said fine, revert - but it had already been reverted by someone else - and most recently someone has added the "Hitchcock" reference. All around it seems what was worth no more than a redirect 48 hours ago has become a modest article. Despite all the confusion, I think this new Curator suite of tools, while giving rise initially to some evident confusion, might well prove an awesome upgrade. Thanks to you both. MarkDask 18:39, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
- @Markdask: @Onel5969: I replaced that Hitchcock ref - it had been added in October 2013 but removed on 21 Nov 2016 with no explanation (the first of many edits by a now-indef-blocked editor). A messy history. (I replied at User_talk:Onel5969#I_have_unreviewed_a_page_you_curated to the first post above). PamD 22:35, 23 November 2016 (UTC)
December 2016 at Women in Red
Two new topics for our online editathons
The Signpost: 4 November 2016
- Special report: Taking stock of the Good Article backlog
- News and notes: Arbitration Committee elections commence
- Traffic report: President-elect Trump
- Featured content: Featured mix
Hi Pam - I wondered if you would do me some assistance. The Delyth Morgan, Baroness Morgan of Drefelin article has been of interest to me since June 2011, when it became common knowledge that Peers of the Realm were calling their holiday homes their main Residence so as to optimize their use of expenses allowance - it was a very tawdry time. Delyth Morgan ended up claiming the full £140k cost of her holiday home, (details available in the edits of the time), by switching primary addresses. I hit the article hard at the time on the subject, but I eventually had to back off and request assistance as I had a COI at the time; Delyth is my ex-sister-in-law. By happinstance it was Jimbo himself who jumped in and dealt with the issue, and I aint been back since - until today. I read through the article and almost every paragraph begins "Morgan". I think it is more appropriate that each paragraph begins "Delyth Morgan", because to address her as simply "Morgan" is accusatory. I would have done the necessary editting myself but I thought I ought to leave it to a more independent editor. Take a look - Delyth is more deserving than to be addressed solely by her surname - but I'm happy to defer to your judgement in the matter. Thanks MarkDask 01:08, 27 November 2016 (UTC)
- @Markdask: There's nothing "accusatory" about using surname-only to refer to the subject of a biographical article - it's standard WP practice, see Theresa May. Articles littered with forenames tend to be those written or edited by editors with a COI: paid agents, family or at least enthusiastic fans. For chapter and verse see WP:SURNAME. Hope that helps. PamD 10:13, 27 November 2016 (UTC)