User talk:Patar knight
|Military history WikiProject|
|Articles for review|
|See the full list of open tasks|
- 1 Deletion review for Clear liquids
- 2 The Signpost: 06 September 2016
- 3 About Queen Nancy Japheth
- 4 The Bugle: Issue CXXV, September 2016
- 5 Please comment on Talk:E Company, 506th Infantry Regiment (United States)
- 6 You've got mail!
- 7 Military history WikiProject coordinator election
- 8 David Montano
- 9 Request for undelete page
- 10 Please comment on Talk:Denial of the Holodomor
- 11 Extended confirmed protection
- 12 The Signpost: 29 September 2016
- 13 Please comment on Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Science Fiction
- 14 PLEASE ADVISE & HELP - DELETION of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Neumann
- 15 Rfc on Nathaniel Erskine-Smith Talk Page
- 16 DYK for Edward Iacobucci
- 17 Reporting issues
- 18 The Bugle: Issue CXXVI, October 2016
- 19 Please comment on Talk:Ruger Mini-14
- 20 Review article please.
- 21 Disambiguation link notification for October 11
- 22 Tally Ho page
- 23 Request for unprotected article
- 24 The Signpost: 14 October 2016
- 25 Please comment on Talk:Surrender (military)
- 26 Tally Ho (yacht)
- 27 blake bortles wikipedia page restoration
- 28 Photo assistance
Deletion review for Clear liquids
An editor has asked for a deletion review of Clear liquids. Because you closed the deletion discussion for this page, speedily deleted it, or otherwise were interested in the page, you might want to participate in the deletion review. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 23:42, 29 August 2016 (UTC)
The Signpost: 06 September 2016
- Special report: Olympics readership depended on language
- WikiProject report: Watching Wikipedia
- Featured content: Entertainment, sport, and something else in-between
- Traffic report: From Phelps to Bolt to Reddit
- Technology report: Wikimedia mobile sites now don't load images if the user doesn't see them
- Recent research: One study encounters critique of its ethics from Wikipedians; another critiques the ethics employed by Wikipedia
About Queen Nancy Japheth
The Biography is for a beauty queen that emerged from my beauty pageant some weeks back in Sheraton hotel, ABUJA. its called Miss health Beauty Pageant and her name is Queen Nancy Japheth, winner of Miss Health North west... — Preceding unsigned comment added by Queen Nancy Japheth (talk • contribs) 00:04, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- Winning one contest that gets no news hits does not meet our notability guideline for people, which requires coverage in independent, reliable sources. Given your username is the same as the article subject's, please see our conflict of interest guideline and our guideline on writing autobiographies. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 13:33, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue CXXV, September 2016
The Bugle is published by the Military history WikiProject. To receive it on your talk page, please join the project or sign up here.
If you are a project member who does not want delivery, please remove your name from this page. Your editors, Ian Rose (talk) and Nick-D (talk) 13:27, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:E Company, 506th Infantry Regiment (United States)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:E Company, 506th Infantry Regiment (United States). Legobot (talk) 04:25, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
You've got mail!
Military history WikiProject coordinator election
Greetings from the Military history WikiProject! Elections for the Military history WikiProject Coordinators are currently underway, and as a member of the WikiProject you are cordially invited to take part by casting your vote(s) for the candidates on the election page. This year's election will conclude at 23:59 UTC 23 September. For the Coordinators, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 06:01, 16 September 2016 (UTC)
Despite an obvious objection, and only two people commenting at this discussion, the redirect for "David Montano" was deleted without allowing one week of discussion. If a good reason is not provided soon, I am going to take this to WP:DRV. --Jax 0677 (talk) 18:50, 20 September 2016 (UTC)
- Having a name redirect to information about the criminal activity of someone else with that name combination as their middle+last name – which gets essentially 0 hits in reliable sources covering the event – is a WP:BLP violation. Tavix's reasoning is sound, as seen through the Google News search, and given the BLP issues, it was justified to delete it without waiting the entire week. Please ping/me or otherwise notify me if you want to take it to DRV.---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 18:51, 20 September 2016 (UTC)
- When I made the nomination, I was so focused on the fact that he's not known by his middle name, that I completely neglected to consider the WP:BLP issues. I was surprised to see it closed early, but Patar knight is completely correct here. The search results show a minor basketball coach by the name, and we wouldn't want to connect him with a list on police killings. Best, -- Tavix (talk) 20:10, 20 September 2016 (UTC)
Request for undelete page
Hello patar Knight, I was unable to improve the article Korrekt (musician) because I did not make a good research and was gathering more reliable source in future. Now I find so many independent source and also need to improve the article then submit for review. How can the article be move to draft for better improvement. Thanks Jamzy4 (talk) 00:54, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
- I have userfied it to User:Jamzy4/Korrekt (musician). Please take the commentary at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Korrekt (musician) while improving the article. If it is moved back to mainspace and is substantially similar or does not address the issues brought up at the AfD, it will be subject to speedy deletion. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 01:00, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Denial of the Holodomor
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Denial of the Holodomor. Legobot (talk) 04:24, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
Extended confirmed protection
The Signpost: 29 September 2016
- News and notes: Case study of Wikimedia Education Program published; remembrance of departed colleague Ray Saintonge (Eclecticology)
- In the media: This edition's roundup of media coverage
- Featured content: Three weeks in the land of featured content
- Arbitration report: Arbcom looking for new checkusers and oversight appointees while another case opens
- Traffic report: From Gene Wilder to JonBenét: Four weeks of traffic
- Technology report: Category sorting and template parameters
Please comment on Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Science Fiction
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Science Fiction. Legobot (talk) 04:24, 30 September 2016 (UTC)
PLEASE ADVISE & HELP - DELETION of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andreas_Neumann
At some point, in the recent past, you are identified as the person who deleted the profile of the notable photographer and entrepreneur Andreas Neumann. [] His profile was a part of Wikipedia for many many years. Is there some way you could re-instate his page and help edit the content as noted by your G11 reason for deletion? I will happily help in any way I can to provide more citations from various sources.--Chaseisgr8 (talk) 20:38, 1 October 2016 (UTC)
- I did a survey of the sources used, and most if not all of them don't support the facts they are used to cite, and either do not mention Neumann at all or just in passing. The article was therefore a fluff piece that couldn't be saved without significant editing, so it was acceptable to delete it under WP:G11. If you want a copy of the text to work on and create something that meets our WP:ARTIST notability guideline and verifiability policy, I can email the text to you. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 23:11, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
Rfc on Nathaniel Erskine-Smith Talk Page
Hi, i have started a new Rfc on the talk page of Nathaniel Erskine-Smith and i since you have made edits in the past on the above mentioned page I thought you might like to comment. -- Ntb613 (talk) 03:22, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
DYK for Edward Iacobucci
Hello Patar knight, Their is an issue going on. I don"t really understand this User Citobun, He/she is accusing me a COI when am not engage with COI on wikipedia, i have explained to him/her on its [talk page] but still don"t understand me yet. Due to this issue He/she decided to nominate all my article which i have created AFD. To be sincere this is not right according to wikipedia Harassment. I explained my self in a good manners to Him/her but still not comfortable. I believe what Him/her did was not proper on wikipedia. That is not the right way to nominate an article for AFD. He/she decided to frustrate me with that. He/she talks to me, to prove my self about the Images uploaded, i understand Wikipedia says About Uploading Images to an article. This is what i have to say, I hope you understand me, Thanks.--Jamzy4 (talk) 10:17, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
- The issue here is that you've claimed to own the copyright on several high quality pictures of these musicians. There's two possible scenarios here. The first is that you've incorrectly claimed copyright and the pictures are actually copyright violations and would go against our Wikipedia:Image_use_policy#Copyright_and_licensingiImage use policy. The second is that you're the photographer or you're acting on behalf of a company that paid for the photos to showcase their artists, in which case you would be have a conflict of interest since you have a stake in the success of the article subjects. Which one of these scenarios applies to your case?
- As for the articles for deletion process, anyone can nominate any article they want and normally a week's worth of discussion will determine the article's future. In this case, the concern is that the musicians do not meet our notability guidelines for musicians, so none of the speedy keep criteria for AfD would apply. I would either argue your case that the musicians meet the aforementioned guidelines, or request that they be userfied to your userspace for future work in the event that the outcome is deletion. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 14:31, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
The Bugle: Issue CXXVI, October 2016
The Bugle is published by the Military history WikiProject. To receive it on your talk page, please join the project or sign up here.
If you are a project member who does not want delivery, please remove your name from this page. Your editors, Ian Rose (talk) and Nick-D (talk) 14:19, 7 October 2016 (UTC)
Please comment on Talk:Ruger Mini-14
Review article please.
Good day Patar knight, I wanted to create an article called "DJ kentalky" but i found it was already on draft for review. Then i look at it and decided to contributed to it by adding reliable source which discuss about the subject. Apart from that, according to what i read on WP:MUSICBIO and WP:GNG. it meets the criteria for WP:MUSICBIO and WP:GNG. Have a nice day.--Sirking07 (talk) 21:57, 10 October 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not to oengaged with the WP:AFC process. I would wait for someone else to review it. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 22:50, 10 October 2016 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Dikesh Malhotra, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Nepali (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Tally Ho page
Yes, it's an almost direct copy of the article on the ASA page, because I am an administrator of the ASA website and the author and I agreed it was sensible to have relevant text on Wikipedia.
" Looks good to me, Gordon, although I don't think she ever made it to NZ. She was sailed from England by a Kiwi who took on a job shipping copra in the islands where she ended up on the reef, not doing the job or getting to NZ. After repairs she went to Hawaii and then Brookings.
Thanks and Cheers, Thad "
- We cannot restore the article because it's a copyright violation. If you wish to release your content under an appropriately-free license, please see Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 16:17, 11 October 2016 (UTC)
Request for unprotected article
Hello Patar knight, A wikipedian WikiPancake who is engage in WP:AFC process has reviewed the article but He/she said, i need to request for an administrator to remove the protection DJ Kentalky, before it can be moved. This is the draft article for review Draft:Draft DJ Kentalky, its meets WP:GNG and WP:MUSICBIO, reviewer also accept .--Sirking07 (talk) 19:58, 12 October 2016 (UTC)
- It doesn't seem to have been accepted by a reviewer yet and WikiPancake doesn't seem to have approved it or communicated acceptance in any way. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 20:02, 12 October 2016 (UTC)
The Signpost: 14 October 2016
- News and notes: Fundraising, flora and fauna
- Discussion report: Cultivating leadership: Wikimedia Foundation seeks input
- Technology report: Upcoming tech projects for 2017
- Traffic report: Debates and escapes
- Recent research: A 2011 study resurfaces in a media report
- Featured content: Variety is the spice of life
Please comment on Talk:Surrender (military)
The feedback request service is asking for participation in this request for comment on Talk:Surrender (military). Legobot (talk) 04:23, 16 October 2016 (UTC)
Tally Ho (yacht)
So again you've just deleted the page without question.
It was the very short replacement page I'd put up for the much longer and more informative page I had originally contributed which was also deleted with no opportunity to comment.
All of the links were tested when I created the page, just yesterday, but you say "dependent on a broken or deleted page"
Stop being an arrogant [expletive deleted] and at least raise the question before you just delete other people's efforts. — Preceding unsigned comment added by GordonScott (talk • contribs) 14:13, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
- Draft pages are for actual drafts; the deleted page was functionally a talk page. I've already talked with you about how to donate copyrighted materials and what notability guidelines need to be met for articles to be accepted on Wikipedia. Without a release under a sufficiently free license, copyrighted material cannot be accepted on Wikipedia, regardless of how notable the article subject may be or how much work contributors put into assembling it.---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 14:30, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
- If you want a copy of the deleted draft, I can send one to you via email, but it should be re-uploaded unless the copyright is either donated or it is entirely rewritten to no longer be a copyright violation. It should also go through WP:AFC, given the concerns about notability. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 14:41, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
blake bortles wikipedia page restoration
Hello! I was wondering in specific terms why the blake bortles wikipedia reading club wikipedia page had to be immediately removed! i believe it could be a great asset to both barstool fans as well as wikipedia readers in general! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Crowley fran (talk • contribs) 19:13, 17 October 2016 (UTC)
- Simply existing isn't a credible claim of significance, so it was deleted under WP:A7. If you can find reliable sources though, content about the podcast can be added to the Barstool page, but since it's so new, it's not likely to happen right now. ---- Patar knight - chat/contributions 17:58, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
Thanks for your insightful message. I did send you an email as well, and I realized afterward it would come across rather terse, for which I apologize, I am just new with Wikipedia and I don't really understand the full scope of the project.
Thank you for your additional citations and work, it is helping me frame my thinking of how to add to this page. The age citation is actually incorrect on the source page, and are working to update it.
Something I could use your help on is a photo of MP Damoff. Would her official House of Commons portrait be acceptable? It is public domain as far as I understand.