Archive 0407 : Archive 0410 : Archive 0502 : Archive 0505 : Archive 0509 : Archive 0601 : Archive 0604 : Archive 0606 : Archive 0611 : Archive 0702 :
Archive 0706 : Archive 0708 : Archive 0711 : Archive 0804 : Archive 0810 : Archive 0911 : Archive 1103 : Archive 1202 : Archive 1304 : Archive 1501 :
Hi — Welcome to my talk page — Please leave any messages below
- If you post a message on this page, I'll normally reply on this page to avoid fragmenting the discussion.
- If I've left you a message on your talk page, I will be watching it, so you're most welcome to reply there rather than here.
- If appropriate, I will move talk from here to the relevant article's talk page, so that everyone can share in the discussion.
- If you want to start a new discussion thread, please start it at the bottom of the page. Better still, use the "+" tab next to the "edit this page" tab, which will do that automatically.
Hello Picapica. I was just looking at your edit to Cider, and whilst the stylistic changes look broadly fine, albeit I can't see any need for "of the beverage", we should avoid linking terms such as US, Canada and France - Cider edit. The relevant policy is WP:OVERLINK, "the following are not usually linked: ... The names of major geographic features and locations". Edwardx (talk) 17:06, 17 October 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you for your comment, E. I'll bear the guideline you mention (which I'd previously been only very vaguely aware of) more closely in mind in future! -- Picapica (talk) 07:53, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
Hi! Do you remember this discussion back in 2005–2006?
Could you look at this:
- Thanks for the "heads-up", MC. I've posted a short note at User_talk:C0re1980#Nederlandse Publieke Omroep, but I will have a more thorough look at all of this as soon as I have time (tomorrow, I hope). -- Picapica (talk) 22:16, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you! You'll probably need three links:
- Dutch public broadcasting system
- Nederlandse Publieke Omroep (organization)
- Dutch Public Broadcasting (A disambiguation page. A better place for it would probably be "Netherlands Public Broadcasting" or "Nederlandse Publieke Omroep"; both currenly have lots of incoming links and redirect to "Dutch public broadcasting system".) --Moscow Connection (talk) 22:38, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
- Thank you! You'll probably need three links:
- Thanks, MC and C0re1980. I didn't in fact get enough time today to do much more than cast an eye over this (not uncomplicated – and still very much evolving) subject area, but I can see that a good overall structure has taken shape at last in respect of the topic as handled here. As it's one that deserves care and attention – I'd like, for example, to "disentangle" a little more the histories of such entities as the NOS (where the name has remained but the role has changed, sometimes radically, more than once!) – I will return to it as soon as I can block off, say, half a day, to deal with it thoroughly. -- Picapica (talk) 21:10, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 22:17, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi, at Wikipedia:The 10,000 Challenge we're striving to bring about 10,000 article improvements and creations for the UK and Ireland and inspire others to create more content. In order to achieve this we need diversity of content, in all parts of the UK and Ireland on all topics. Eventually a regional contest will be held for all parts of the British Isles, like they were for Wales and the Wedt Country. We currently have just over 1900 articles and need contributors! If you think you'd be interested in collaborating on this and helping reach the target quicker, please sign up and begin listing your entries there as soon as possible! Thanks.♦ --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:40, 28 September 2016 (UTC)
I randomly like you!
|I like your user page and your contributions list, and the Japanese box on your user page cracked me up! I saw your name in the Rendaku history, and thought you meant the Japanese wikt:ぴかぴか, which Pica pica would love, anyway!
BTW, if you are certain of the identification of the bird in that image on your page, you might want to add it to the image's info page. ... Randomly out! Bye! Geekdiva (talk) 13:00, 24 October 2016 (UTC)