Welcome to my talk page!
- If you want to leave me a new message, click here.
- If you are replying to an existing message on this page, please just edit the relevant section.
- In either case, don't forget to sign your messages with four tildes (~~~~).
Messages on this talk page are archived after 1 month by a bot.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Why am I being accused of sock puppetry? This is the only Wikipedia account I have. — Preceding unsigned comment added by RedSasori15 (talk • contribs) 07:03, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- Because the behavioural pattern of your editing strongly suggests a connection with another banned user. A checkuser report may be able to confirm or dismiss that connection. Bellerophon talk to me 09:22, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
Question about Ghaleb Husseini
thank you for being so gentle to the newbie :D so I rewrote most of the article. Sorry about the copying, I meant to refine the article later. Please tell me what you think about it now (btw it is posted on the talk page now as instructed). Also, do you have any idea on how I can put up a picture online for him. I put a picture earlier and it was taken down for copyrights. The website I took it from was from a school's magazine which I didn't think would have strict copyrights. Here is a link to the picture:
THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT HELP :) Kind Regards, Pierre Kawak Pierre Kawak (talk) 02:41, 3 March 2015 (UTC) — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pierre Kawak (talk • contribs) 02:26, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Pierre, you're welcome. I've moved your rewritten text to the main draft page, the draft is off to a good start but there a few more improvements I would like to see made before it is accepted. There are quite a few third-party sources available on the internet that discuss Husseini. It is important that Wikipedia articles contain references to third-party sources in order that we can evidence that someone has received the attention of others. References in newspapers, magazine interviews etc are all good for that purpose. Please try and locate some of these types of sources and add them to the draft. Here's one example: http://gulftoday.ae/portal/0ecc60a2-696b-4d3c-b625-6274f672aa55.aspx
- On the subject of sourcing, it will also help the article, and other readers of Wikipedia, if you use more detailed citations for the references in the draft. See WP:INTREF for an introduction to referencing and WP:Citation templates for some specific citation templates for various types of sources. details citations are important to prevent WP:LINKROT. Bellerophon talk to me 02:50, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
Thank you for the nice comments. I fixed the things you asked and resubmitted :D (since it got declined before I could fix the referencing)
Kind Regards, Pierre Kawak — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pierre Kawak (talk • contribs) 12:10, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for March 3
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Black mamba, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Ptosis (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 08:56, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- Fixed Bellerophon talk to me 23:22, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
The article Black mamba you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:Black mamba for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of FunkMonk -- FunkMonk (talk) 12:01, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- @FunkMonk: Thankyou very much for your patience and guidance with this. It's been an enjoyable learning experience :) Bellerophon talk to me 12:05, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- You're welcome, keep them coming! FunkMonk (talk) 15:17, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- I shall, Jameson's mamba is next on my list. Much work to do on that one though. Bellerophon talk to me 09:15, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- Ouch, green letters in the taxobox? What's up with that? FunkMonk (talk) 09:26, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
- No idea, the huge table for two subspecies is also an eyesore. Don't even get me started on List of dangerous snakes... Bellerophon talk to me 15:35, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
Hello there! I stumbled upon this article a few days back, and was bold enough to attempt a copy edit in my sandbox. Given you performed some edits on this article before, could you leave me some feedback? It's been tough finding non-primary sources, I have to say. Anyway, thanks for your help, CesareAngelotti (talk) 15:37, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- @CesareAngelotti: No problem, I have made a couple of concisions to the text in the career section, which looks fine now. However, the 'early life' and 'personal life' sections are problematical because they are entirely unsourced (with the exception of the reference showing he donates money to classical music causes). Where has this information come from? I'm not so concerned about this information being cited to non-primary sources, a primary source would be fine for the biographical information as there is nothing controversial about it. But it needs some kind of source per WP:BLP. Also, the Urogynaecology section is essentially entirely unsourced. The one ref there makes brief mention of Korda's view on young people experiencing incontinence, but nothing more. Lastly, I would rename the Bibliography section to "Selected publications" and remove any they he didn't author or was not the lead editor on. Hope that helps? Bellerophon talk to me 16:07, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for that! I understand that perfectly. I think I took the info from some obscure old ABC interview transcript somewhere...I'll see if I can find it again. With the internet not paying much attention to non-celebrities, this takes a lot more time than it should. Thank you very much for the help, CesareAngelotti (talk) 16:27, 3 March 2015 (UTC)
- You're welcome! Bellerophon talk to me 09:16, 4 March 2015 (UTC)
Removal of image from Uni Lad
The image you removed from Uni Lad was perfectly legitimate and was screenshotted from the Uni Lad website at the height of the controversy. You say in your edit summary that the image "appears to come from a different site and [b]reaches FU". It didn't and it doesn't. —Tom Morris (talk) 08:49, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Tom Morris: Ok, my comments were based on the apparent logo used by the (now archived) version of the website, which is different. In all honesty I'd failed to see the image was uploaded by you and I had formulated the impression it had been added by someone acting on behalf of Unilad.co.uk, hence my reference to breaching FU. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Bellerophon talk to me 09:00, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Question about my draft:ghaleb husseini
I submitted this page twice already and had my draft rejected because of notability of the subject. Now you said that the subject is notable before, so what do you advice me to do...should I just abondon the draft and if not, what can I do?
Thank you for the support, kind regards, Pierre Kawak (talk) 14:52, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- I noticed that Husseini was credited as a "Distinguished Lecturer" in the draft and bio and I believed this was analogous to the term "Distinguished Professor" which would make him notable per WP:PROF. Looking into it further it seems this may not be the case. I'll do some more research and get back to you. Bellerophon talk to me 23:14, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Pierre Kawak: I've been trawling the internet for reliable sources relating to Prof. Ghaleb Husseini, and unfortunately I don't think there is enough evidence he meets point five of WP:PROF. Also, his general notability appears to be the wrong side of borderline. I'm sorry I gave you cause to think he was likely to be notable. There's no really way you can fix this, unless he receives some additional coverage in reliable independent sources in the future. Feel free to shout at me or hit me with a WP:TROUT. Bellerophon talk to me 18:08, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
don't worry about it buddy :) too bad the work has to go to waste. I think it's not lost, however, since the professor is due to be mentioned in 3 newspaper articles very soon and have 3 television interviews all before the end of the month. Would that be useful? Also, is there special precautions I have to take so that the draft is not deleted?? Pierre Kawak (talk) 18:46, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
- @Pierre Kawak: Thanks for your understanding. Interviews/articles in newspapers are perfect for demonstrating his notability. As long as they are mainstream newspapers (even non-English ones) and not university newspapers. So please do get back to me when these interviews/articles have been published. Don't worry about the draft being deleted. It won't be deleted for lack of activity for at least six months. Bellerophon talk to me 18:54, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
No way they'll reject it right now, right?? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Ghaleb_Husseini
- ) Pierre Kawak (talk) 21:43, 14 March 2015 (UTC)
- I've accepted it. Some additional work is required, as identified by the cleanup tags I've added to the article. I'm satisfied the references are sufficient to at least give rise to reasonable claim of notability. Bellerophon talk to me 22:47, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
Hi Bellerophon, I am new to Wikipedia and I am learning. On Saturday I took the MOMA wikipedia workshop and somebody helped me and published my article. I was very happy, and I didn't know I did something wrong. Thank you for your detailed explanation and I am working to correct it. Best, Mitzura2Mitzura2 (talk) 21:24, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Mitzura2, You're welcome. Basically, you cannot copy and paste things from other places into Wikipedia. You must write everything in your own words. Bellerophon talk to me 23:10, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
Dear Bellerophon, thank you very much for the barnstar! I'm still relatively new to Wikipedia, and hope to achieve some good things. I can see why there is such a prolific editing community; there is simply so much to do! Anyway, thank you again. I'm one of the silent types, but I'll be sure to ping you if I need help. Cheers, CesareAngelotti (talk) 23:01, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
- You're very welcome :) Bellerophon talk to me 23:15, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
Disambiguation link notification for March 10
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Jameson's mamba, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Dimorphism (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
It's OK to remove this message. Also, to stop receiving these messages, follow these opt-out instructions. Thanks, DPL bot (talk) 08:54, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
- Fixed Bellerophon talk to me 16:40, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
Xsyon Page Features Section Cleaned Up
I am contacting you regarding the wikipedia page for the online game Xsyon. 
The page is tagged with a 'neutrality dispute' with the following comment: Features section needs rewriting from a more neutral point of view. Pol430 talk to me 18:41, 21 October 2013 (UTC)
I've removed a few words that could possibly be considered non 'neutral' from the Features section of this page. Would you please check this page and let me know if anything should be further revised and if everything looks ok, could you remove the 'dispute' tag?
Thank you very much.
Stormbusta (talk) 02:38, 13 March 2015 (UTC)Stormbusta
Hello Bellerphon, My stub-class article about George Heron Milne is my only contribution to wikipedia so far. You made a comment about it. Thank You. I earnestly request your opinion about the general topic of "notability."
1) Should we preserve notables of the past, even if the articles are shorter than today? For example, an article about the first White House columnist, William Wallace Price, is also not yet a full article. He is surely notable. But the information age gives us so much more information about current "notables." Persons from 100 years ago seem to have made less of a mark, as measured by how much they are talked about and written about, now that everyone's a writer.
2) There are not likely to be full articles about the following persons, because people didn't used to talk as much as they do now.
- John Pearson, who built the first fulling mill in North America;
- Robert Payne, foreman of the jury at the Salem Witch Trials (after Jan. 1, 1693 -- not sure who was foreman before that date);
- Theodore Pearson of Newburyport, Mass., who started the first cracker factory in 1792, leading eventually to Nabisco...
I can write stub-class articles about these and other ancestors, but going farther will be a hit-or-miss proposition. Is there something about the culture of New England in that era, that makes it hard to figure out more about who those people were? Their family trees are among the most exact and complete of any group so large. So where is their history? *** That's a idea for an article, I guess, and when I talk to some of my relatives, I suspect the missing factor is something about the culture.
3) It's amazing how many of the categories of "notables" for BIOGRAPHY are only in the communication fields. We communicators love to talk about each other, the most! Only a few builders will be found in the "engineer" category.
Dear Bellerophon, I believe You are busy and important and I just hope that You will send me back a reply with something good to consider, and/or give me some feedback about how to have this conversation with our friends of Wikipedia. In regard to the article about George Heron Milne: I had fun writing it and have told the truth 100% from the references listed. I can still put up a good photo about him and add a few more personal things about him from family memories... in light of my question above, would the article still be too short? Would it be good to explain how the great amount of information about him was abbreviated by circumstance? — Preceding unsigned comment added by ACareful (talk • contribs) 19:04, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
- ^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xsyon