User talk:Bellerophon/Archive 10
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
|Archive 9||Archive 10||Archive 11|
- 1 Disambiguation link notification for January 8
- 2 Creating of Article
- 3 thanks
- 4 You've got mail!
- 5 I have unreviewed a page you curated
- 6 question about Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Eduardo Sarmiento
- 7 GOCE mid-drive newsletter, January 2013
- 8 George Heron Milne
- 9 Disambiguation link notification for January 29
- 10 Help with user page
- 11 Talkback
- 12 IRC cloak request
- 13 Regarding use of multiple accounts
- 14 John David Chapman
- 15 Saransh Goila - Article for creation
- 16 GOCE February 2013 newsletter
- 17 GOCE news: February 2013
- 18 Adoption
- 19 Article for Creation - Saransh Goila
- 20 To be adopted?
- 21 Sakyadhita International Association of Buddhist Women editing
- 22 GOCE mid-March 2013 newsletter
- 23 GOCE April 2013 newsletter
- 24 Move discussion
- 25 Disambiguation link notification for April 9
- 26 Qualpro
- 27 Deleting Myself From Wikipedia
- 28 Thank you
- 29 GOCE April 2013 newsletter
- 30 Charlie Woods
- 31 Cannot delete an image insert in my article.
- 32 Requesting your advice about my article "Concord Prison Outreach"
- 33 Talkback
- 34 3rd opinion
- 35 Talkback
- 36 Ready to graduate but still can't manage
- 37 Third Opinion Comment
- 38 Regarding Blu-ray Player Software
- 39 May 2013
- 40 Broken bot message
- 41 Speedy deletion nomination of Pol430/Sandbox/AFCR Script
- 42 Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/BeatDeck
- 43 Adminship
- 44 submissions for review
- 45 article - The Whisky Club query
- 46 Qualpro
- 47 Resubmitting Clicktopurchase
- 48 GOCE May drive wrap-up
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited James Anderton (RAF officer), you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Pilot (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Creating of Article
Thanks for reviewing my created article. I'm new here and I tried to create a wiki page that fully complies with Wiki's policies however after several attempts it would appear as though I was unsuccessful. I'll wait to retry until after more articles are published regarding the premier of his show. Hopefully then I'll be more in line with Wiki policies. Thanks again for taking the time to review my submission. GoodFacts (talk) 23:42, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for the quick link+bold Pol. —00:38, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
You've got mail!
I have unreviewed a page you curated
- Even if that page had been a copyright violation -- and I assume you have now realised it is not -- it is not necessary to un-review articles because the addition of an appropriate speedy deletion template = page curation. You would only need to un-review it if you had not addressed the concern. Thanks for the message though. Pol430 talk to me 09:39, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
question about Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Eduardo Sarmiento
Hi Pol, I am new to wikipedia and everything seems a bit confusing to me. I have searched for your answer to the below question and I can't seem to find it, please excuse the repetition. This is my original inquiry:
Hello, the article I had created (Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Eduardo Sarmiento) was deleted due to copyright infringement which I do not see the reason for. All content was verified for copyright and the sources listed. I intend to go with the article and did not save a copy of it, it is not deleted, is there a way I can access it as a draft as to no have to rebuild it from scratch? Would you be so kind as to point out the copyright infringement which led to deletion? Thank you. Ketty Mora (talk) 03:39, 2 January 2013 (UTC)
- The draft was deleted, by an administrator, as a copyright violation (look here). This was probably because it contained text that had been copy and pasted from somewhere on the internet. Wikipedia policy grants copyright protection to all works automatically unless it is explicitly disclaimed at source -- this applies to text, images, files, anything really. Even if you copied text from your own works (such as your own website), you cannot publish it on Wikipedia without going through the proper channels -- we can't just take your word for it that you are the copyright holder. If you do own the copyright to the original material, you can donate it to Wikipedia, but you must first contact one of our OTRS agents by email. Please see Wikipedia:Donating copyrighted materials for more info on how to do that. Unfortunately, you cannot get the contents of a draft back once it has been deleted. Administrators can 'undelete' things, but this is not normally done if something was deleted because it was copyright violation. You can ask the administrator who actually deleted it if you like, his username is Malik Shabazz (talk · contribs). Hope that helps. Pol430 talk to me 00:00, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
|Guild of Copy Editors January 2013 backlog elimination drive mid-drive newsletter
We are halfway through our January backlog elimination drive.
The mid-drive newsletter is now ready for review.
George Heron Milne
Dear Pol430, I am grateful for your review of the article " George Heron Milne " and I apologize for being slow to improve it. Today, I write for guidance. Any type of reply, however brief, may help. I shall also continue to study the FAQ-type hints here in wikipedia.
I don't know which approach is best to take it above "stub" level. I offer some background -- followed by my questions.
In regard to George Heron Milne: I can add many details of his life which are news feature-type information... and a good photo or two. I can probably add a few worthwhile _outgoing links to other wikipedia articles.
What will be difficult is finding a way to link _in from anywhere.
George Heron Milne was one of thousands of persons who served the federal government in this period and surely there are a few thousand with stronger newsworthiness in their jobs. So based upon his career alone, he might not be very newsworthy to today's readers. I felt it might be intriguing that he and his brother often visited the White House as children and interacted with Theodore Roosevelt's children. However, I have no further information about this beyond that citation from the Congressional Record.
George Heron Milne's father Alexander had provided decorating services to the White House in at least four White House administrations from Garfield to Taft, according to his obituary in the Washington Evening Star.
George Heron Milne's brother, Henry Utley Milne, provided a large batch of interesting papers and photos to a museum in Washington D.C. We have a newspaper article about his collection. His sister graduated from law school in the 20s, and another brother was an FBI agent in the early FBI.
Any type of reply, however brief, may help. My questions are only provided for convenience. They're asked in the form of multiple choice.
This is my first article for wikipedia. As I said, I don't know which approach is best, to take it above "stub" level:
1) To create a body of articles related to George Heron Milne (such as one about his father and whatever proceeds from that) ...until I get one that can bring incoming links from existing articles,
2) To increase the biography of George Heron Milne with feature/newsworthy anecdotes (and a good photo or two) -or-
3) To take a longer view, doing research in hopes of finding stronger historical facts about the surrounding topics and try to build an article that would justify incoming links to it from the other works already on wikipedia?
- Definately not option 1, as that is likely to do more harm than good. I would suggest a combination of option 2 and 3. Be cautious about using the term newsworthy, as Wikipedia is not a venue for documenting news events (unless they are so significant, they form part of the mainstream enduring historical record). The context of this article is biographic, we need to be looking to expand Milne's biography, but only with verifiable facts, that can be attributed to a reliable source. At this stage I'd like to point you towards WP:RS and WP:V which will further explain Wikipedia's policy of verifiabiliry and what counts as a reliable source. As far as improving the article beyond 'stub' grade goes, I can make some cosmetic edits to the existing material to help with that -- which I'll do shortly. Finally, please be careful when moving pages, I noticed you had some difficulties before. If you need any more help, just ask. Hope that helps for now. Pol430 talk to me 08:07, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited Royal Military Police, you added links pointing to the disambiguation pages MoD and RNP (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Help with user page
Hi there. I'm slowly going at my final assignment. I was wondering if you could help me get my user page in order. My other mentor set it up for me but there are mistakes and some strange text in the picture. And because it was done for me I have no idea what to do or how to do it. Thanks "Selene Scott (talk) 22:01, 1 February 2013 (UTC)"
- Hi Selene, good to see you back. I was on holiday last week, so sorry for the late response. I'll certainly have a look at you user page and see what I can do. Pol430 talk to me 17:45, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
- Ok Selene, I've fixed your userpage and made it a little more colorful. If you want to play around with the font colors, you can find a full list of color codes at List of colors. Hope that helps? Pol430 talk to me 19:01, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
IRC cloak request
Regarding use of multiple accounts
On my talk page I said I had this account for use later on and that I was saving it if I ever needed it.
I have actually used this more often than I thought I would be and am using this as my only account.
I apologize for the confusion,
- No problem. Just to clarify, I wasn't accusing you of using multiple accounts, just pointing you towards the fact that this is not normally allowed; on the assumption that you may not have been aware. Best wishes Pol430 talk to me 17:08, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
John David Chapman
I write in relation to your message regarding the article for John David Chapman. I feel the article has clearly met all of the community's standards requirements; John David Chapman is clearly someone of public interest; Chapman appeared on prime time Sky television for 114 weeks, and was a key witness in the UK Goverments Leveson inquiry; The Leveson Inquiry was a judicial public inquiry into the culture, practices and ethics of the British press following the News International phone hacking scandal, chaired by Lord Justice Leveson; the Inquiry was at the forefront of UK news in 2011 and 2012.
It is clear that John David Chapman is a public figure, and as such, is worthy of a Wikipedia article.
Please can you be more specific about why you do not feel John David Chapman is not worthy of a Wikipedia article; it would seem that all of the community's standards requirements have been met; please can you refer me to what part of the community's standards requirements have not been fulfilled?
Saransh Goila - Article for creation
Hi Pol 430
Thanks for your valuable reviews & guidelines. Have made sure that all things have been integrated as told to. Can you review this article again & see if it can be allowed to pass on for creation.?
|Guild of Copy Editors February 2013 events newsletter
The February 2013 newsletter is now ready for review.
GOCE news: February 2013
|Guild of Copy Editors Wikipedia:WikiProject Guild of Copy Editors/Blitzes/February 2013 wrap-up
Participation: Out of 19 people who signed up for this blitz, 9 copy-edited at least one article. Thanks to all who participated! Final results, including barnstars awarded, are available here.
Progress report: During the six-day blitz, we removed over twenty articles from the requests queue. Hope to see you at the March drive in a few days! Cheers from your GOCE coordinators Torchiest, BDD and Miniapolis.
- Hello David! I would be happy to adopt you; although, I don't speak Swedish. If you are able to communicate and read/understand English Wikipedia we can conduct the course in English. If not, there is a Swedish language version of Wikipedia you may want to try. Pol430 talk to me 18:44, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
Article for Creation - Saransh Goila
Hello, I have edited my article and made corrections as suggested. I Saved the Page and resubmitted it, I know you guys are backlogged, but it's been over two weeks, is it possible for you to have a look at it? Please let me know. Thanks for all the help.
- Hello Saransh, I'm sorry I haven't had time to look at your submission again because I'm in the middle of moving house. I will look at it again when I'm sorted out, but that may take another week or two. You could try posting a request for help at WP:AFCHD. Pol430 talk to me 18:49, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
To be adopted?
I would like to be adopted. I am a new user and have no idea what I am doing. I have an entry that needs a lot of help and my skills are limited. I can be taught however. Let me know if you are interested/available to adopt me. Thanks!!
- Hello Alex! Yes, I would be happy to adopt you. I'll get your adoption page set up. Pol430 talk to me 17:59, 15 March 2013 (UTC)
Sakyadhita International Association of Buddhist Women editing
I'm trying to get my post Sakyadhita International Association for Buddhist Women cleared so that the notices at the top of the page are removed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakyadhita_International_Association_of_Buddhist_Women
I see that a number of other pages do not included inline citations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_Women%27s_Association) and even have fewer references than we do. However, I have included 2 citations in an edited version. Do I need to cite each conference in order to prove that it actually took place?
I deleted publications that were written by one of the founders of the organization (This article may contain improper references to self-published sources. Please help improve it by removing references to unreliable sources, where they are used inappropriately. (December 2012) ) AND I have included 2 more References at the bottom.
Finally, there is an entry in Wikipedia/Deutsch for Sakyadhita. It contains fewer references and no in-line sources. Are your standards so different world-wide.
I hope this will satisfy you (or whatever editor) has the say-so. I find Wikipedia standards to be rather capricious, but am willing to work with you and will encourage others in the Sakyadhita organization to do so.
- Hello Lauriebak,
- Firstly, the article is not yours or indeed Sakyadhita's. When it was written, and you saved the page, you released the entire work under the CC-BY-SA 3.0 License and the GFDL. I have previously explained to you that different language versions of Wikipedia represent entirely different communities that have differing standards for inclusion, verifiability and reliable sources. The standards relevant to the article in question are the English Wikipedia's standards, rather than the German Wikipedia's standards.
- I have carried out some clean up on the article, you can see the changes in the page history. I have added citation needed tags to text where an inline citation is needed or would be helpful. Just replace the citation needed part with an inline citation. I have also removed one of the tags from the top of the page. When the inline citations issue is resolved, the other tag can be removed.
- Please remember Wikipedia is not a vehicle for promotion or raising your organization's web presence. The community is very sensitive to being treated as such -- see WP:NPOV. Pol430 talk to me 10:24, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks, Pol, for your help. It's been a steep learning curve for me to write this article.
- Question about two items which need citation: 1) The global gatherings are open to all, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or religion This is not intended to be self-aggrandizing, but simply states a fact. The information about this can be seen on the website as someone registers or joins ... so does someone else have to verify this? Not trying to promote, just clarify since the title states it's a Buddhist women's organization.
- 2) An international conference is held every two years. Would I need to cite each of the conferences (listed on the page) to justify this statement?
- I think it would be appropriate to list the local Chapter names (countries). Wouldn't their websites be sufficient citation?
- The line about the Dalai Lama's patronage really does need either re-wording or citation and I'm working on that with those who know more about the 1987 conference.
- All that is required for points one and two is an inline citation that links to whatever part of your website says 1) that gatherings are open to all 2) That you hold a conference every two years. Although Wikipedia encourages third party sources most of the time, primary sources (like your own website) are fine for supporting basic uncontroversial facts. You don't need to cite every conference. The links to local chapters are not appropriate as external links. Their presence in the article is really not required (from an encyclopedic standpoint) and when you click on the link to your main website, the reader is confronted with details of local chapters anyway. Pol430 talk to me 10:52, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
|Guild of Copy Editors March 2013 backlog elimination drive mid-drive newsletter
We are halfway through our March backlog elimination drive.
The mid-drive newsletter is now ready for review.
|Guild of Copy Editors March 2013 backlog elimination drive wrap-up newsletter
We have completed our March backlog elimination drive.
The drive wrap-up newsletter is now ready for review.
At Wikipedia talk:The answer to life, the universe, and everything/Archives/2014/February#Requested_move. --Lexein (talk) 06:02, 6 April 2013 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited RAF Rudloe Manor, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Central Ammunition Depot (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver). Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi Pol. I submitted an article to AfC a couple weeks ago at: Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/QualPro2
I was a little confused because it keeps saying there are 1,800 submissions before mine, even as weeks go by. Did I not submit it correctly? It doesn't seem to be moving up the line, but maybe I misunderstood something. I know the AfC queue is really backed up. CorporateM (Talk) 19:53, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- I'm not really very active at AFC anymore, but I have looked at the submission and left a comment on it. If you can address the concern I have raised I'll accept it. I'm not sure what's happening with the backlog anymore, which seems to permanently hover around 1,500 to 2,000 submissions -- crazy really! Anyway, feel free to ask for my input on submissions when you need it. I'm happy to help out ad-hoc. Pol430 talk to me 21:17, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks. I trimmed and re-wrote aspects of the Services section. I think what made it sound marketingy was the "12 step methodology" and defining objectives, etc. These are supported by secondary sources, but not with as much weight as the rest of the content. The three criterion sound promotional, but they are repeated in most of the profile stories on them and appear to be a big part of what they're known for.
- Yah... I was helping with AfC for a little while, but it felt so overwhelming. The queue is so massive one editor can only ever make a tiny dent in it. I prefer to work on one article at a time mostly. Right now that's public relations, but I've only worked through ancient and early history so far. CorporateM (Talk) 22:25, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
Deleting Myself From Wikipedia
Please take out the issue you have posted over to Administrators Notice Board. I've taken a decision not to take part in Wikipedia . I have taken a decision to delete my account over here at Wikipedia. I guess you don't appreciate the work i do here. I take my free time over here to edit and all i see is someone blaming me!... Thank you Arshad.mohammed18 (talk) 11:34, 24 April 2013 (UTC)
|The Copyright Cleanup Barnstar|
|For noting and diligently following up on a copyright problem before it escalated into an even greater problem and doing so courteously and professionally. Moonriddengirl (talk) 12:21, 25 April 2013 (UTC)|
|Guild of Copy Editors April 2013 events newsletter
The April 2013 events newsletter is now ready for review.
Cannot delete an image insert in my article.
Hi, Dear I cannot delete an image insert in my article. actually i have no option for this. it starts editing from 1st line of text but i inserted an image link at top of box. It deface my article, please remove 1st link. Article name is: Chak 66/4R .
Requesting your advice about my article "Concord Prison Outreach"
Greeings: Thanks so much for looking at my article. Can you give me some specific advice on how to improve it? You commented on the Neutral Point of View.
- Hi! No problem, the article contains a lot of pseudo-martketing speak like: "The organization's list of programmatic offerings includes: Anger Management, Personal and Emotional Improvement" this does not really comply with Wikipedia's requirement that articles be written from a neutral point if view. Instead you could write: CPO offers prisoners programmes in anger management, personal and emotional improvement... keep it simple and avoid flowery marketing language. Also, the article needs a copyedit as there is a lot of unnecessary capitalisation. Wikipedia only capitalises proper nouns and proper adjectives. Pol430 talk to me 20:50, 10 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi, First of all, thank you very much for providing a 3rd opinion on the photo for Paris :) You picked up on a number of points, including one I had not considered myself, being that if the file is copyrighted, rather than claiming and counter-claiming on en.wiki, it would be better to discuss it over at commons. However, could I ask you to reconsider the balance of opinion, as none of the 3 editors who opined for the "current" (well, the single image) one have edited for quite a long time, especially Minato ku, who has not edited since 2011 and not edited again since the comment. You don't have to, and if you think this counts as badgering, please say so, I don't want to get into that but just thought you may not have considered this. But thanks anyway for taking the time to read the dispute and the rest :) --Gilderien Chat|List of good deeds 11:51, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hi, I didn't really probe into the edit history of all the editors concerned. In my capacity as a 3O, I don't really feel it's appropriate. They're all registered accounts and I'm obliged to assume good faith. The only exception was the IP, for the reasons I mentioned on the talk page. If you feel that there is something underhand going on then by all means take it up with CheckUser at WP:SPI, naturally they will need to be swayed by evidence. I'm sorry if my use of the term "current" is misleading, I used it only out of simplicity. In hindsight it would have been better to use the term "single image". Pol430 talk to me 12:07, 12 May 2013 (UTC)
Ready to graduate but still can't manage
Hi there. I'm not online at home anymore that's why you don't hear from me regularly. I just tried to add my name to a list and I couldn't do it. It makes me wonder if I've learned anything at all. I was to add a straight line into the code and I don't have one on my keyboard or any other I've ever seen. I started working on my final today. "Selene Scott (talk) 01:26, 13 May 2013 (UTC)"
- Hi Selene, nice to hear from you again. I'm not sure what symbol you were lookig for? Glad to hear you're working on you final, I look forward to reviewing it. Pol430 talk to me 17:56, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
Third Opinion Comment
Regarding Blu-ray Player Software
Hi Pol430, I noticed that you redirected my page Blu-ray player software, which can not be shown. I am sorry that I have reverted and undid this edit. I had left a message, somehow, I did not see it later, did not know why. This item is quite an independent one, not just the software standard, so I do not think that it should be merged with software standard. I hope that when people google this, they can easily find this item and get what they want to know, not the too much information and long, complicated article in Blu-ray Disc.
Hope you can understand and help me enrich this item.
- Hello Emma, I did not redirect the page, another editor did, as you can see from the page history. The problem is that the page title Blu-ray player software is quite general and the the subject is already covered at Blu-ray Disc#Software standards (which is why the page has been redirected there). The article you tried to build was highly promotional in favor of one proprietary brand of player software. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia and not a forum for advertising or promoting things, or creating pages because you personally prefer them over existing articles. A consensus has been established at Talk:Blu-ray player software that the redirect to Blu-ray Disc#Software standards is the preferred option. Please stop continuing to revert against this consensus or you may be blocked for disruptive editing. I have just reverted some edits by an account called User:Bella.show. If you control this account also please read Wikipedia's policy on multiple accounts and think carefully about your actions. Normally, editors on Wikipedia are only allowed to use one account, people who use two or more accounts to try and get their own way generally have all their accounts indefinitely blocked and are prevented from creating any more. Please take my well intentioned advice onboard. Pol430 talk to me 17:05, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
Re User talk:TheWikipreditor#May 2013: I don't recall if I told TheWikipreditor this but I frequently find myself asking AFC contributors to add quotations to hard-copy or behind-paywall references to make it easy to verify that the citation backs up their submission's text. Sometimes I forget to tell them to keep it brief. I'm letting you know this in case TheWikipreditor claims he is getting conflicting advice. I'll make a point to insist on "the bare minimum to prove the citation is valid" when it comes to using quotes in references. davidwr/(talk)/(contribs)/(e-mail) 22:54, 19 May 2013 (UTC)
Broken bot message
Hello, I'm BracketBot. I have automatically detected that your edit to Tribhuvan International Airport may have broken the syntax by modifying 1 ""s. If you have, don't worry, just edit the page again to fix it. If I misunderstood what happened, or if you have any questions, you can leave a message on my operator's talk page.
List of unpaired brackets remaining on the page
Speedy deletion nomination of Pol430/Sandbox/AFCR Script
Hello, and welcome to Wikipedia. This is a notice that the page that you created was tagged as a test page and has been or soon may be deleted. Please use the sandbox for any other tests you want to do. Take a look at the welcome page if you would like to learn more about contributing to our encyclopedia.
If you think this page should not be deleted for this reason, you may contest the nomination by visiting the page and clicking the button labelled "Click here to contest this speedy deletion". This will give you the opportunity to explain why you believe the page should not be deleted. However, be aware that once a page is tagged for speedy deletion, it may be removed without delay. Please do not remove the speedy deletion tag from the page yourself, but do not hesitate to add information in line with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines. If the page is deleted, and you wish to retrieve the deleted material for future reference or improvement, you can place a request here. Karl 334 Talk--Contribs 19:52, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
- It wasn't a test, I just missed the User: prefix out when creating the page. I've fixed it now. Pol430 talk to me 20:04, 21 May 2013 (UTC)
Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/BeatDeck
- Because the submission does not contain enough references to reliable sources for me to be able to determine the subject's notability. Only two references are given and one of those is to a blog. Blogs are not considered reliable sources on Wikipedia. See WP:VRS. Pol430 talk to me 08:44, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
Hi Pol430. I've seen you around doing great work at AFC and making insightful comments at ANI, and it made me wonder why you weren't an admin already. So I thought I'd ask you. Would you be interested in going for RfA? I would be happy to write you a nomination statement, and I think you would be very likely to pass. Best regards — Mr. Stradivarius ♪ talk ♪ 09:04, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hello Stradivarius, thank you very much for your kind consideration. I did run early last year (or was it the year before, can't remember) but consensus was not reached. While I could certainly put the tools to good use at AfC, I think I'd like to wait a little longer before trying again--especially as I am going on holiday tomorrow :) I will certainly keep your nomination in mind for the future and thank you again for the consideration. Pol430 talk to me 09:14, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm, yes, a holiday is definitely not the best time to run. I encourage you to run soon after you come back, though - one year and two months is more than enough time to take a second shot at RfA, and from what I've seen of your contribs you have more than addressed the issues that came up last time. Have a great trip. :) — Mr. Stradivarius ♪ talk ♪ 09:17, 22 May 2013 (UTC)
submissions for review
Thank you for your kind offer to review submissions of mine. I have several articles started in my userspace which are ready for submission, and I just added Category:Submissions by Doncram ready for review to them. That may show as a redlink but there should be 4 items in it. Thanks in advance for any consideration! If you have comments or questions, we can use the Talk page that is, or could be, associated with each separate article. E.g. discuss any issues with User:Doncram/Golden Hotel (O'Neill, Nebraska) at User talk:Doncram/Golden Hotel (O'Neill, Nebraska). P.S. I was setting up a kind of system at my Talk page, specifically at User talk:Doncram#NE help and in the following section, but I think you're right that the category would be easy to manage. Thanks! --doncram 19:15, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
- Hi again. If you care to address any items in Category:Submissions by Doncram ready for review, currently having 27 items, I'd appreciate it! No problem either way. Cheers, --doncram 16:13, 7 June 2013 (UTC)
article - The Whisky Club query
I'm trying to make my page meet the criteria to be submitted but still seem to be falling short, so your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I'm working on the page 'The Whisky Club' from The Times and The Sunday Times. Initially it was rejected because it read like an advertisement so I made various changes, making the text objective and getting rid of any positive adjectives. I also added a variety of independent sources from people who had written about The Whisky Club. However, the submission has still been declined. I'm not too sure what more there is to be done. Do I need more references?
- The difficulty is that the references given are not really sufficient to establish the notability of the subject -- see WP:VRS. Also, the content of the submission offers very little information on the wider subject, making it seem like little more than an advertisement. Do they hold monthly/bi-monthly/annual events? If so, have these been written about anywhere? Why was it founded? Who founded it? How large is its membership? Pol430 talk to me 19:00, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
Hi Pol430. A while back you reviewed this article, which I submitted to AfC with a COI. A week ago an Advert tag was added by DGG. When I pinged him, he offered the following feedback, which I incorporated:
- The article referred to "Qualpro" by name too often
- Too many references were linked to Qualpro's copy of the press article
- He suggested I trim the Experiments section as much as possible
I've pinged him a couple times to see if anything else was needed to remove the advert tag, but haven't gotten a response. His Talk page fills up fast and he's probably just busy. I wonder if you wouldn't mind taking a look and letting me know if we can take down the advert tag or if other edits are needed. CorporateM (Talk) 15:30, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late response. I've been on holiday. It looks like you've managed to sort the problem out. I can see where DGG is/was coming from with his comments. It's often difficult to write about companies in detail without straying into promo-speak. Pol430 talk to me 18:52, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
I have updated the Clicktopurchase article Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/Clicktopurchase, adding links to more resources as requested. I'd now like to resubmit. Can you please tell me how to do this?
GOCE May drive wrap-up
|Guild of Copy Editors May 2013 backlog elimination drive wrap-up newsletter
We have completed our May backlog elimination drive.
The drive wrap-up newsletter is now ready for review.