|Prayerfortheworld is taking a semi-wikibreak and will fully return to Wikipedia later.|
- 1 Whisperback
- 2 ArbCom elections are now open!
- 3 Disambiguation link notification for December 2
- 4 Disambiguation link notification for February 6
- 5 Your GA nomination of 2014 Continental Cup of Curling
- 6 PASO flag for Netherlands Antilles, 2011
- 7 Your GA nomination of 2014 Continental Cup of Curling
- 8 Orphaned non-free image File:2015contcup.jpg
- 9 Invitation to the African Destubathon
- 10 ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
- 11 Scotties Tournament of Hearts provincial qualifiers put up for deletion
- 12 Notability of curlers being discussed.
- 13 ArbCom 2017 election voter message
- 14 Another AfD debate
Note: This section will be cleared every now and then.
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 14:22, 24 November 2015 (UTC)
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited 2015–16 curling season, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Banff. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Hi. Thank you for your recent edits. Wikipedia appreciates your help. We noticed though that when you edited 2016 Canadian Direct Insurance BC Men's Curling Championship, you added a link pointing to the disambiguation page Langley, British Columbia. Such links are almost always unintended, since a disambiguation page is merely a list of "Did you mean..." article titles. Read the FAQ • Join us at the DPL WikiProject.
Your GA nomination of 2014 Continental Cup of Curling
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article 2014 Continental Cup of Curling you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Tomandjerry211 (alt) -- Tomandjerry211 (alt) (talk) 00:41, 5 March 2016 (UTC)
PASO flag for Netherlands Antilles, 2011
Note that I'm in the course of removing your addition of a separate parameter to display the PASO flag on Template:FlagPASO, Template:FlagPASOmedalist, and Template:FlagPASOathlete. Your one-off fix was not the best approach, and the functionality is now available with Template:Country flag PASO alias AHO specifying the PASO flag for the 2011 event, more in line with the overall templating system. Regards, PanchoS (talk) 10:57, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of 2014 Continental Cup of Curling
The article 2014 Continental Cup of Curling you nominated as a good article has failed ; see Talk:2014 Continental Cup of Curling for reasons why the nomination failed. If or when these points have been taken care of, you may apply for a new nomination of the article. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Tomandjerry211 (alt) -- Tomandjerry211 (alt) (talk) 12:21, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:2015contcup.jpg
Thanks for uploading File:2015contcup.jpg. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
Invitation to the African Destubathon
Hi. You may be interested in participating in the African Destubathon which starts on October 15. Africa currently has over 37,000 stubs and badly needs a quality improvement editathon/contest to flesh out basic stubs. There are proposed substantial prizes to give to editors who do the most articles, and planned smaller prizes for doing to most destubs for each of the 53 African countries, so should be enjoyable! So it would be a good chance to win something for improving stubs on African sportspeople, including footballers, athletes, Olympians and Paralympians etc, particularly female ones, but also male. Even if contests aren't your thing we would be grateful if you could consider destubbing a few African articles during the drive to help the cause and help reduce the massive 37,000 + stub count, of which many are rated high importance (think Regions of countries etc). If you're interested in competing or just loosely contributing a few expanded articles on African Paralympians, Olympians and committees etc, please add your name to the Contestants/participants section. Diversity of work from a lot of people will make this that bit more special. Thanks. --MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 21:14, 6 October 2016 (UTC)
ArbCom Elections 2016: Voting now open!
Scotties Tournament of Hearts provincial qualifiers put up for deletion
Welcome back! I've been missing you this curling season. I hope your schooling is going well. If you can get a chance, can your provide some feedback here? Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/2017 Manitoba Scotties Tournament of Hearts. Thanks -- Earl Andrew - talk 21:26, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks, Earl! It's nice to be online again. I happened to have a bit of free time, which is uncommon these days. (That banner's a bit out of date, though, so I'll need to update it...) Yes, I'd be happy to provide feedback! A quick glance at the discussion makes me wonder if we should explicitly lay out some notability guidelines for curling events as well, though that should be implied by what we have at WP:NCURL right now... Prayerfortheworld (talk) 22:10, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks so much, I think you made some pretty good points. I've been pretty busy too, which is why the project is falling behind this year, and I have been slow to improve each of the articles and providing sources. We should put together an event notability guideline, for sure. Maybe a project for when we are both more available! :-) -- Earl Andrew - talk 23:17, 1 February 2017 (UTC)
Notability of curlers being discussed.
Hi, welcome back again. While you were away, someone brought up our lenient notability rules on curlers. We're debating over a couple of proposals mine vs. someone elses's) and was wondering if you could put in your two cents? Thanks. It's here: Wikipedia_talk:Notability_(sports)#Curling_notability_rules. -- Earl Andrew - talk 15:49, 2 March 2017 (UTC)
- For sure! I'll take a look now. Prayerfortheworld (talk) 07:35, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks! If you're curious as to what ramifications my criteria would entail, I created the 2017 SaskTel Tankard article last night and only red-linked curlers who met my proposed criteria (with errors possible, of course). It's a bit of time consuming process, I'm afraid, looking up each player's career accomplishments. -- Earl Andrew - talk 14:22, 5 March 2017 (UTC)
ArbCom 2017 election voter message
Another AfD debate
Hi, another crucial AfD debate may be upon us, you might want to weigh in here: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/CookstownCash presented by Comco Canada Inc. You may also want to weigh in here: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/2018 US Open of Curling, as this debate has been put up for a while, but no one has weighed in on it yet. The article isn't very good, so I haven't cared too much if it were to be deleted. -- Earl Andrew - talk 23:52, 6 January 2018 (UTC)