Hello, PrometheusX303, and welcome to Wikipedia! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like the place and decide to stay. Here are a few good links for newcomers:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Help pages
- How to write a great article
- Manual of Style
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wikipedian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you have any questions, check out Wikipedia:Where to ask a question or ask me on my talk page. Again, welcome! -- Punkmorten 14:56, 8 January 2006 (UTC)
- 1 Adding Infoboxes
- 2 The Mask
- 3 You're not a Stargate fan, are you?
- 4 Page reverts on Feb 22
- 5 Re: reverts
- 6 Some help
- 7 Monobook
- 8 Thanks
- 9 Thanks Voice of All!
- 10 The Naked Now
- 11 Funky vandal
- 12 question on sunburn
- 13 VandalProof 1.2 Now Available
- 14 sorry I didn't help regarding CreationWiki article
- 15 Uh,
- 16 creationwiki
- 17 WikiProject Narnia
- 18 Could you block this address please?
- 19 Peter Foster
- 20 Welcome to Esperanza!
- 21 Thanks!
- 22 Why don't you support CreationWiki anymore?
- 23 Re: Chris Ashcroft
- 24 TB2
- 25 Thanks
- 26 November Esperanza Newsletter
- 27 Re: Sockpuppetry
- 28 Re: Spam Blacklist and 126.96.36.199
- 29 kdbuffalo
- 30 barnstar
- 31 Thank you for revert
- 32 Barney bug
- 33 Root beer
- 34 Re:Edit Summaries
- 35 Fire
- 36 Georgia Pop Updates
- 37 Concordia Newsletter
- 38 Mount St. Helens
- 39 Creationism and Evidence
- 40 Re:Practical joke
- 41 Re:Parfum Lubin
- 42 I lolled
- 43 WikiProject Marching band
- 44 Re: the 'usermessage'
- 45 Wikimania in Atlanta!
- 46 AfD nomination of Dude
- 47 Notification: changes to "Mark my edits as minor by default" preference
- 48 ArbCom elections are now open!
Thank you for your help on adding infoboxes! Also, I wasn't expecting such a speedy response, and thanks for the link to the templates. Megan102
Hey man, do you think there's any way we could improve The Mask? I just watched that movie for the first time in a while last night and forgot how hilarious it was...
Clinevol98 21:06, 3 August 2006 (UTC)
You're not a Stargate fan, are you?
Just a guess from your username. ;) I just noticed your comment on Talk:Subway (restaurant) and decided to say hi. I too love Stargate, though my name's from Starhunter. "Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise." "Why not?" TransUtopian 03:22, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
- Starhunter's not well known among my friends. I've only seen the pilot and it wasn't that good, but I like it mostly for the Kaylee on Firefly-like free spirit, spunky mechanic Percy.
- As for Stargate, I love it all. Like Jack and Daniel's myriad little mannerisms with each other that guarantees enjoyment out of practically any scene they interact in. "Boy, I'd hate to be the guy that has to explain this to the president." Jack's slow stare/glare and Daniel's "surprised", guilty look. TransUtopian 14:45, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Page reverts on Feb 22
I tried to revert edits by 188.8.131.52, not realising that they were aready taken care of. I viewed the user contibutions and clicked diff. I mistakenly thought those were the latest edits to the pages. I think I have fixed all of them. PrometheusX303 18:36, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
- It's ok then. BTW, I've done it twice today. I think I should have edited a section at a tiume instead of the whole page. Is that why it cut off? PrometheusX303 04:17, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
Hello, I read your note on my talk page about the fire article, and unfortunately it seems you cut off half of my talk page while writing the note. Please be more careful in the future. To leave a new comment on somebody's talk page without editing any of the old comments, click the + "plus" button next to the edit button at the top. This will create a new section on their talk page. As for the article, I reverted it back to the most recent version by User:ElfMage. To revert to an old version:
- go to the "history" tab
- click on the date and time of the old version you want to revert to.
- click edit.
- don't make any changes to the text.
- click save page.
Ok, well you can avoid the page-too-long errors by using section editing, so you only edit one section at a time. Unfortunately it wouldn't be possible to do a manual revert without loading the entire text. You might try using Sam Hocevar's pseudo-rollback script as well. Follow the link in the orange bar at the top of his user page. I'm curious though, what web browser are you using? Depending on what your system can handle is I might strongly recommend upgrading, as there are about half a dozen free browser programs to choose from. — Mar. 8, '06 [11:14] <freakofnurxture|talk>
- If it's not your browser, I'd bet that you're going through a web proxy which is cutting off your submissions. Does your ISP use a proxy server? Are you running proxy software? Rhobite 04:10, 9 March 2006 (UTC)
I apologize if this is not in the proper place or format I am trying to edit my monobook.js page to add nav pop-ups. PrometheusX303 18:51, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
- Question - are you using the monobook skin? That page doesn't exist yet...and I don't remember not having a monobook.js when I first went to edit my own. --Syrthiss 19:04, 8 March 2006 (UTC)
for the kind message. That edit summary was pretty much what went through my head as I read that. LeoDV 10:55, 16 March 2006 (UTC)
Thanks Voice of All!
[[User:PrometheusX303|<span style="color:green;"><strong>Prome</strong></span>]][[Special:Contributions/PrometheusX303|<span style="color:blue;"><strong>theus</strong></span>]][[User_talk:PrometheusX303|<span style="color:red;"><sup>-X303-</sup></span>]] ~~~~~
The Naked Now
Yes, I just finished watching The Naked Now on SpikeTV, and I was curious to see what sort of information there was on the episode here. And seeing the episode, I thought to correct and expand on the article somewhat.
JesseG 22:06, 17 March 2006 (UTC)
Every once in a while someone adds tons of images or test to a page, sometimes it's so bad the page won't load. This one was pretty run of the mill though ;) Rx StrangeLove 05:29, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
question on sunburn
treating sunburn is pretty common in australia and I thought it would have been in much of usa too! it is wrong to put someone under a hot shower. cool water up to and including an ice bath is better. Sunburn is a form of exposure - the risk is, might the person go into shock from the sunburn? If it is just irritating then lotions are the way to go. A long cool bath will sooth the skin far better than a short hot shower and it is not uncommon for people's already sensitised skin to flip from "bad sunburn" (but not quite blistered) to an actual heat burn if you put them in a hot shower.
hth,Garrie 04:33, 20 April 2006 (UTC)
VandalProof 1.2 Now Available
sorry I didn't help regarding CreationWiki article
Sorry I didn't help regarding CreationWiki article. I have been fairly inactive at Wikipedia. ken 01:02, 27 May 2006 (UTC)kdbuffalo
Um... how do i leave you a message, you corrected me on something i was right on, i saw the episode and it was the wrong quote thanks
i saw the "[G]od" edit and the unexplained revert on creationwiki. sad. The two unfortunate alternatives appear to be anticreationist mob rule here, or dictatorial disregard for common sense there:(. I wish we could come up with a third way :(. Ungtss 23:42, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- I think the Creationwiki would thrive if he only learned that a wiki is a community in which ALL members must obey the same basic rules such as assuming good faith and explaining edites and reverts. This was not the first time an edit of mine was reverted without explanation.
I would also like a third option. Unfortunately, most creationists I've encountered online won't put in any effort, and many of those who do are nuts. PrometheusX303 12:57, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
- Well said. It helps me understand the strong feelings of the anticreationists, as well -- I can only imagine what Roy thinks of creationists after what he sees around creationwiki -- unexplained reverts of totally logical edits, and blocks of long-time editors because they fail to comply with "mandates" they never even received. It's of course non-sequitur to view creationism as incorrect simply because there are a large number of very difficult creationists ... but at least I can understand the source of their strong feelings about us.
- I too dream of a wiki that operates under the true wiki philosophy with regard to creationism -- as you said, assume good faith, explain edits, npov ... I'd like to set one up, but of course I fear it would be redundant to present wikis and difficult to draw editors ... what do you think? Could a new wiki that actually enforced the wiki philosophy get off the ground in the present environment? Ungtss 13:35, 8 July 2006 (UTC)
- Considering that Creationwiki hasn't drawn many creationists in it's two years, I think it would be very difficult to start one from scratch. Like I said, most creationists on the web don't seem to want to put in the effort. With them, it is simply a belief. To you and I (and others like us), it is a passion. It's not enough to say "I am a creationist." We must tell them "I am a creationist, and here's why..."
- I'm not saying it's impossible; just difficult. PrometheusX303 12:44, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
- You're probably right. Thanks for your thoughts. Ungtss 03:33, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
Hello, I noticed that you edited an article related to, or expressed interest in The Chronicles of Narnia. I thought you may be interested in knowing that there is a WikiProject working to improve articles about Narnia, your help would be greatly appreciated. Please consider joining the WikiProject Narnia. Thank you! Bornagain4 18:24, 9 August 2006 (UTC)
Could you block this address please?
User talk:184.108.40.206 has been vandalizing for over a year, will a very long history of destruction and disruption, and I think they are a prime candidate for blocking. Just wanted to let you know Judgesurreal777 03:24, 25 August 2006 (UTC)
I've added this article to my watchlist. The anon is editing in a disruptive manner and if it persists semi-protection may be required. I'll take a more thorough read over the article later and chip in to help out if I can. -- Longhair 01:07, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- The talk page was an absolute mess. I've done my best to replace content at Talk:Peter Foster which an anon had been regularly removing. -- Longhair 01:54, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you very much. I have no vested interests in the article, but I try to help keep those on my watchlist up to standards. PrometheusX303 02:27, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
- I'll keep it watchlisted and attempt to keep it honest. Sure does need major workover though. -- Longhair 02:35, 19 September 2006 (UTC)
Welcome to Esperanza!
Why don't you support CreationWiki anymore?
I read your userpage at Wikipedia. It says, "This user no longer supports the CreationWiki." Why don't you support CreationWiki anymore? ken 04:27, 8 October 2006 (UTC)kdbuffalo
Re: Chris Ashcroft
Chris Ashcroft at CreationWiki gave me a hard time at first because I did not know how to format things right in a Wiki at first. Later I learned how to better format at a Wiki and he was happy. Secondly, I did notice that he does not want to dialogue regarding his material/edits. I disagreed with him on a point having to do with "Bible scientific foreknowledge" and he did not want to debate/dialogue. ken 04:59, 8 October 2006 (UTC)kdbuffalo
Yeah, its a bug.... I think the bots lagged -- Tawker 04:17, 22 October 2006 (UTC)
For your nice comments. Judging by your userboxes, you seem pretty cool yourself. It seems we share many of the same tastes in TV and music. :D PiccoloNamek 19:35, 28 October 2006 (UTC)
November Esperanza Newsletter
Wow…I’ve had to cut back on my Wikipedia time so I’m surprised you came across me! But I’m glad to help. You’re right; they are certainly the same user. It looks like he’s been warned, so I’ll try keeping an eye on the accounts for further vandalism. If you spot any that I miss, feel free to let me know. Thanks! — Knowledge Seeker দ 05:07, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
Re: Spam Blacklist and 220.127.116.11
I am glad to know he is on CreationWiki. I looked at some of their articles and I was fairly impressed, but they really need to have someone with his energy devoting his efforts to helping. I think there are places where creationists can focus their attention in constructive ways, as I note on my user page. These are topics on which even the most avowed atheists have said there is quite a bit of mystery. However, it does not help anyone for creationists to butt heads with others who are not here for that purpose.
It gives them a very bad name, as well as their beliefs and the faith they claim to be protecting. It is not that different than Al Qaeda's tactic of trying to cause as much death as possible, to convert people to Islam and convince them that Islam is a religion of peace. Somehow they do not seem to notice the inherent illogic in the situation.--ReasonIsBest 14:15, 20 November 2006 (UTC)
|The Barnstar of Good Humor|
|For humorous reversions of vandalism, I proudly award PrometheusX303 the Barnstar of Good Humor. –- kungming·2 (Talk) 09:01, 23 November 2006 (UTC)|
Thank you for revert
I was out of town when you asked about the bug. Basically when the Barney article gets reverted using VP it turns into the Barney & Friends article instead of the proper disambiguation. CambridgeBayWeather (Talk) 12:05, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
- Forgot this User talk:AmiDaniel/VP/Bugs#Question. Barney & Barney & Friends. CambridgeBayWeather (Talk) 12:08, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
Thank you for deleting excess and irrelevant link on the root beer page.--Witeandnerdy 19:08, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
- You're very welcome. Some articles have way too many external links. Prometheus-X303- 19:11, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
Most definitley.--Witeandnerdy 20:03, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
I believe WP:AES can explain this new edit summary feature. Basically, it provides an automatic edit summary which makes it easier to pick up vandalism from users. Nishkid64 23:50, 26 November 2006 (UTC)
- Ahh. I thought it might be something like this. Very useful, and a bit of a smack in the face if they actually stop to look at the summaries! Prometheus-X303- 00:00, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
Thank you so much for fixing the weird article that was swapped into the Fire Page. I was just about to revert it when I saw you had, things linked to on the Main Page should be fixed quickly. Thanks Again! Alexbrewer 04:43, 28 November 2006 (UTC)
Health Wiki Research
A colleague and I are conducting a study on health wikis. We are looking at how wikis co-construct health information and create communities. We noticed that you are a frequent contributor to Wikipedia on health topics.
Please consider taking our survey here.
This research will help wikipedia and other wikis understand how health information is co-created and used.
We are from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, Virginia. The project was approved by our university research committee and members of the Wikipedia Foundation.
Thanks, --Sharlene Thompson 18:13, 4 December 2006 (UTC)
Georgia Pop Updates
-i just am using the figures released by the Census. you can find all sorts of that info at www.census.gov. i got these from Estimates, then selected Counties, then Georgia. feel free to reference them if you want. im new to this, not sure how to do all that other stuff yet. im just a pop freak and wanted to update these pop figures! - phantomksu
http://www.census.gov/popest/counties/tables/CO-EST2005-01-13.xls thanks! Phantomksu 17:57, 8 December 2006 (UTC)
Concordia is currently trying to relaunch. I, and all the members of the ex-council, wish to welcome new members to the group. We are a group who aim to promote remaining civil, in an environment where messages can easily be interpretated wrongly.
Help out now!
- Try and help people remain civil! Talk to them, and help them in any way possible. Do not be afraid to use the talk page.
- Give people the Civility Barnstar.
- Make and spread some Wikitokens so people know there are people to help if they want assistance.
- Add banners or logos to your userpage to show your support.
- Suggest some ideas! Add 'em to the talk page.
We are a community, so can only work though community contributions and support. It's the helping that counts.
The council expired one month ago, but due to the current position of the group the current council will remain until the position of the group can be assessed, and whether it would be sensible to keep Concordia going. For most decisions, however, it will be decided by all who choose to partake in discussions. I am trying to relaunch because of the vast amounts of new members we have received, demonstrating that the aims are supported.
If you wish to opt of of further talk-page communications, just let us know here.
Mount St. Helens
- That's odd. Most likely because the edits were so close together. The second edit was made while popups was reverting the first, and it got skipped. Prometheus-X303- 20:14, 16 December 2006 (UTC)
Creationism and Evidence
How can you say you're a creationist and simultaneously claim to "follow the evidence"? 18.104.22.168 17:50, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
- How can I not? The evidence is the same no matter who looks at it. The interpretation differs depending on assumptions and axioms. Prometheus-X303- 22:17, 23 December 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for your help. I changed last line to, for more info, refer to etc. Is that better? I didn't copy straight out of the book. Let me know please if this is better. LtKiji 13:56, 26 December 2006 (UTC)
"Can you revert this vandalism? I sure cancer!" BAHAHAHAHA. XD Sorry, I enjoyed it. lol. Bsroiaadn 17:28, 9 March 2007 (UTC)
WikiProject Marching band
--Littledrummrboy 23:29, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
Re: the 'usermessage'
I was searching the web for X303 and came right onto this (above, "That came off as a bit rude") at the top of the page, which I've moved down here to the bottom. That's abusive vandalism of Wikipedia; chill.
Long live the Stargate franchise. --stimpy77 23:38, 04 August 2007 (UTC)
- Abusive vandalism? How? A feature on my talk page was removed without my consent and without notice. That WAS rude. Can you cite policy sating I can't have that message at the top of my page? Prometheus-X303- 12:40, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
Wikimania in Atlanta!
Hi! I noticed your involvement on U.S. South-related articles, categories and WikiProjects, and I wanted to let you know about a bid we're formulating to get next year's Wikimania held in Atlanta! If you would like to help, be sure to sign your name to the "In Atlanta" section of the Southeast team portion of the bid if you're in town, or to the "Outside Atlanta" section if you still want to help but don't live in the city or the suburbs. If you would like to contribute more, please write on my talk page, the talk page of the bid, or join us at the #wikimania-atlanta IRC chat on freenode.org. Have a great day!
P.S. While this is a template for maximum efficiency, I would appreciate a note on my talk page so I know you got the message, and what you think. This is time-sensitive, so your urgent cooperation is appreciated. :) Mike H. I did "That's hot" first! 09:29, 31 August 2007 (UTC)
AfD nomination of Dude
An editor has nominated Dude, an article on which you have worked or that you created, for deletion. We appreciate your contributions, but the nominator doesn't believe that the article satisfies Wikipedia's criteria for inclusion and has explained why in his/her nomination (see also "What Wikipedia is not").
Your opinions on whether the article meets inclusion criteria and what should be done with the article are welcome; please participate in the discussion by adding your comments at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Dude and please be sure to sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~).
You may also edit the article during the discussion to improve it but should not remove the articles for deletion template from the top of the article; such removal will not end the deletion debate. Thank you. BJBot (talk) 01:01, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
Notification: changes to "Mark my edits as minor by default" preference
Hello there. This is an automated message to tell you about the gradual phasing out of the preference entitled "Mark all edits minor by default", which you currently have (or very recently had) enabled.
On 13 March 2011, this preference was hidden from the user preferences screen as part of efforts to prevent its accidental misuse (consensus discussion). This had the effect of locking users in to their existing preference, which, in your case, was
true. To complete the process, your preference will automatically be changed to
false in the next few days. This does not require any intervention on your part and you will still be able to manually mark your edits as being minor in the usual way.
You appear to be eligible to vote in the current Arbitration Committee election. The Arbitration Committee is the panel of editors responsible for conducting the Wikipedia arbitration process. It has the authority to enact binding solutions for disputes between editors, primarily related to serious behavioural issues that the community has been unable to resolve. This includes the ability to impose site bans, topic bans, editing restrictions, and other measures needed to maintain our editing environment. The arbitration policy describes the Committee's roles and responsibilities in greater detail. If you wish to participate, you are welcome to review the candidates' statements and submit your choices on the voting page. For the Election committee, MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 13:37, 23 November 2015 (UTC)