|This user is busy in real life and may not respond swiftly to queries.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 7 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|This user stands in solidarity with the Rohingya people of Myanmar.|
Thanks about something of grief but.....
As I sat glued to the television, I wondered the prospects of an article but refrained in light of NOTNEWS and all...... Any thoughts? And, the red linked Majherhat Bridge can be safely redirected to this one; that will be it's best and near-sole significant coverage, in years of existence.Some details about the bridge can be added later.....∯WBGconverse 16:58, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
- I don't even live there anymore (and where I live now doesn't have a TV unfortunately), but grave disappointment is where I'm at. Personally, I like to think that even if people forget these people died, there's a reliably sourced article that tells them this had happened. And considering this is the third one in a while, kudos to the general population for making it through alive everyday. --QEDK (後 ☕ 桜) 17:06, 4 September 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for your work at the Majherhat Bridge
||Bridging gaps(in the encyclopedia)....
|Your work in covering the majherhat bridge collapse is appreciated... — fr + 03:41, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
- Thank you! --QEDK (後 ☕ 桜) 16:29, 9 September 2018 (UTC)
NPR Newsletter No.13 18 September 2018
Hello QEDK, thank you for your work reviewing New Pages!
The New Page Feed currently has 2700 unreviewed articles, up from just 500 at the start of July. For a while we were falling behind by an average of about 40 articles per day, but we have stabilised more recently. Please review some articles from the back of the queue if you can (Sort by: 'Oldest' at Special:NewPagesFeed), as we are very close to having articles older than one month.
- Project news
- As part of this project, the feed will have some larger updates to functionality next month. Specifically, ORES predictions will be built in, which will automatically flag articles for potential issues such as vandalism or spam. Copyright violation detection will also be added to the new page feed. See the projects's talk page for more info.
- Moving to Draft and Page Mover
- Some unsuitable new articles can be best reviewed by moving them to the draft space, but reviewers need to do this carefully and sparingly. It is most useful for topics that look like they might have promise, but where the article as written would be unlikely to survive AfD. If the article can be easily fixed, or if the only issue is a lack of sourcing that is easily accessible, tagging or adding sources yourself is preferable. If sources do not appear to be available and the topic does not appear to be notable, tagging for deletion is preferable (PROD/AfD/CSD as appropriate). See additional guidance at WP:DRAFTIFY.
- If the user moves the draft back to mainspace, or recreates it in mainspace, please do not re-draftify the article (although swapping it to maintain the page history may be advisable in the case of copy-paste moves). AfC is optional except for editors with a clear conflict of interest.
- Articles that have been created in contravention of our paid-editing-requirements or written from a blatant NPOV perspective, or by authors with a clear COI might also be draftified at discretion.
- The best tool for draftification is User:Evad37/MoveToDraft.js(info). Kindly adapt the text in the dialogue-pop-up as necessary (the default can also be changed like this). Note that if you do not have the Page Mover userright, the redirect from main will be automatically tagged as CSD R2, but in some cases it might be better to make this a redirect to a different page instead.
- The Page Mover userright can be useful for New Page Reviewers; occasionally page swapping is needed during NPR activities, and it helps avoid excessive R2 nominations which must be processed by admins. Note that the Page Mover userright has higher requirements than the NPR userright, and is generally given to users active at Requested Moves. Only reviewers who are very experienced and are also very active reviewers are likely to be granted it solely for NPP activities.
|List of other useful scripts for New Page Reviewing
- Twinkle provides a lot of the same functionality as the page curation tools, and some reviewers prefer to use the Twinkle tools for some/all tasks. It can be activated simply in the gadgets section of 'preferences'. There are also a lot of options available at the Twinkle preferences panel after you install the gadget.
- In terms of other gadgets for NPR, HotCat is worth turning on. It allows you to easily add, remove, and change categories on a page, with name suggestions.
- MoreMenu also adds a bunch of very useful links for diagnosing and fixing page issues.
- User:Equazcion/ScriptInstaller.js(info): Installing scripts doesn't have to be complicated. Go to your common.js and copy
importScript( 'User:Equazcion/ScriptInstaller.js' ); into an empty line, now you can install all other scripts with the click of a button from the script page! (Note you need to be at the ".js" page for the script for the install button to appear, not the information page)
- User:TheJosh/Scripts/NewPagePatrol.js(info): Creates a scrolling new pages list at the left side of the page. You can change the number of pages shown by adding the following to the next line on your common.js page (immediately after the line importing this script):
npp_num_pages=20; (Recommended 20, but you can use any number from 1 to 50).
- User:Primefac/revdel.js(info): Is requesting revdel complicated and time consuming? This script helps simplify the process. Just have the Copyvio source URL and go to the history page and collect your diff IDs and you can drop them into the script Popups and it will create a revdel request for you.
- User:Lourdes/PageCuration.js(info): Creates a "Page Curation" link to Special:NewPagesFeed up near your sandbox link.
- User:Writ Keeper/Scripts/deletionFinder.js: Creates links next to the title of each page which show up if it has been previously deleted or nominated for deletion.
- User:Evad37/rater.js(info): A fantastic tool for adding WikiProject templates to article talk pages. If you add:
rater_autostartNamespaces = 0; to the next line on your common.js, the prompt will pop up automatically if a page has no Wikiproject templates on the talk page (note: this can be a bit annoying if you review redirects or dab pages commonly).
Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings. MediaWiki message delivery (talk) 23:11, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
NPR Newsletter No.14 21 October 2018
Chart of the New Pages Patrol backlog for the past 6 months.
Hello QEDK, thank you for your work reviewing New Pages!
As of 21 October 2018
, there are 3650 unreviewed articles and the backlog now stretches back 51 days.
- Community Wishlist Proposal
- Project updates
- ORES predictions are now built-in to the feed. These automatically predict the class of an article as well as whether it may be spam, vandalism, or an attack page, and can be filtered by these criteria now allowing reviewers to better target articles that they prefer to review.
- There are now tools being tested to automatically detect copyright violations in the feed. This detector may not be accurate all the time, though, so it shouldn't be relied on 100% and will only start working on new revisions to pages, not older pages in the backlog.
- New scripts
Go here to remove your name if you wish to opt-out of future mailings. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here) 20:49, 21 October 2018 (UTC)