|Welcome to RL0919's talk page. I will generally respond here to comments that are posted here, rather than replying via your talk page (or the article's talk page, if you are writing to me here about an article), so you may want to watch this page until you are responded to, or let me know where specifically you'd prefer the reply.|
Ye Olde Talk Scrolls
|Edit this box|
- 1 Administrators' newsletter – August 2017
- 2 Reactivation of WikiProject Objectivism
- 3 DYK for The Fountainhead
- 4 Addition of RGV on 'List of people infenced by Ayn Rand' page
- 5 The Blue Flame (play) scheduled for TFA
- 6 Administrators' newsletter – September 2017
- 7 Walle (Winsen)
- 8 Thanks!
- 9 Administrators' newsletter – October 2017
- 10 The Bat copyedit
News and updates for administrators from the past month (July 2017).
- Anarchyte • GeneralizationsAreBad • Cullen328 (first RfA to reach WP:300)
- Cprompt • Rockpocket • Rambo's Revenge • Animum • TexasAndroid • Chuck SMITH • MikeLynch • Crazytales • Ad Orientem
- Following a series of discussions around new pages patrol, the WMF is helping implement a controlled autoconfirmed article creation trial as a research experiment, similar to the one proposed in 2011. You can learn more about the research plan at meta:Research:Autoconfirmed article creation trial. The exact start date of the experiment has yet to be determined.
- A new speedy deletion criterion, regarding articles created as a result undisclosed paid editing, is currently being discussed (permalink).
- An RfC (permalink) is currently open that proposes expanding WP:G13 to include all drafts, even if they weren't submitted through Articles for Creation.
- LoginNotify should soon be deployed to the English Wikipedia. This will notify users when there are suspicious login attempts on their account.
- The new version of XTools is nearing an official release. This suite of tools includes administrator statistics, an improved edit counter, among other tools that may benefit administrators. You can report issues on Phabricator and provide general feedback at mw:Talk:XTools.
Reactivation of WikiProject Objectivism
I am reactivating WikiProject Objectivism. You are currently listed as a participant of the project. I am going to purge the list. If you would still like to be on the list, please comment below on whether or not you would like to be on the list. I will wait two weeks and update the list on August 22nd.
- I will stay on, thanks. --RL0919 (talk) 22:18, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know and for the prompt response! :) Michipedian (talk) 23:09, 8 August 2017 (UTC)
DYK for The Fountainhead
Addition of RGV on 'List of people infenced by Ayn Rand' page
Hi! For the revision https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_people_influenced_by_Ayn_Rand&oldid=prev&diff=797063692 , the message left was "...has been added in the past and removed due to lack of adequate sourcing;" Is it a Non-Wikipedia source being asked for? Shashank16392 (talk) 20:40, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, specifically a reliable source that speaks to the inclusion criteria for this list, which call for inclusion only if Rand has been an important influence on the person. It is not supposed to include everybody who mentioned her once in an interview or were seen reading one of her books. --RL0919 (talk) 20:57, 24 August 2017 (UTC)
The Blue Flame (play) scheduled for TFA
This is to let you know that the The Blue Flame (play) article has been scheduled as today's featured article for September 21, 2017. Please check the article needs no amendments. If you're interested in editing the main page text, you're welcome to do so at Wikipedia:Today's featured article/September 21, 2017, but note that a coordinator will trim the lead to around 1100 characters anyway, so you aren't obliged to do so. Thanks! Jimfbleak - talk to me? 13:57, 27 August 2017 (UTC)
Thank you for "the stage play with a distinction that most would not want: it may be the worst play ever performed on Broadway. Audiences laughed at supposedly serious lines; words like "abysmal" and "freakish" appeared in reviews." - I hope to get to your FAC, but am quite busy (Der Messias and others). --Gerda Arendt (talk) 05:20, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (August 2017).
- Nakon • Scott
- Sverdrup • Thespian • Elockid • James086 • Ffirehorse • Celestianpower • Boing! said Zebedee
- ACTRIAL, a research experiment that restricts article creation to autoconfirmed users, will begin on September 7. It will run for six months. You can learn more about the research specifics at meta:Research:Autoconfirmed article creation trial, while Wikipedia talk:Autoconfirmed article creation trial is probably the best venue for general discussion.
- Following an RfC, WP:G13 speedy deletion criterion now applies to any page in the draftspace that has not been edited in six months. There is a bot-generated report, updated daily, to help identify potentially qualifying drafts that have not been submitted through articles for creation.
- You will now get a notification when someone tries to log in to your account and fails. If they try from a device that has logged into your account before, you will be notified after five failed attempts. You can also set in your preferences to get an email when someone logs in to your account from a new device or IP address, which may be encouraged for admins and accounts with sensitive permissions.
- Syntax highlighting is now available as a beta feature (more info). This may assist administrators and template editors when dealing with intricate syntax of high-risk templates and system messages.
- In your notification preferences, you can now block specific users from pinging you. This functionality will soon be available for Special:EmailUser as well.
Hi, the purpose of the phrase "Also worth mentioning" in this article was to introduce to the reader two apparently unconnected facts. It was a mini "scene setter" if you like. Anyway, I've restructured and reworded the article, so that a section header now fulfils the function instead.Bermicourt (talk) 18:44, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
- The new edits are definitely an improvement, thanks. When introducing additional items, "In addition" (which you used in your revision) serves well. "Also worth mentioning" is WP:EDITORIALIZING, and thus should be avoided in favor of other phrasings. --RL0919 (talk) 19:27, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (September 2017).
- Boing! said Zebedee • Ansh666 • Ad Orientem
- Tonywalton • AmiDaniel • Silence • BanyanTree • Magioladitis • Vanamonde93 • Mr.Z-man • Jdavidb • Jakec • Ram-Man • Yelyos • Kurt Shaped Box
- Following a successful proposal to create it, a new user right called "edit filter helper" is now assignable and revocable by administrators. The right allows non-administrators to view the details of private edit filters, but not to edit them.
- Following a discussion about mass-application of ECP and how the need for logging and other details of an evolving consensus may have been missed by some administrators, a rough guide to extended confirmed protection has been written. This information page describes how the extended-confirmed aspects of the protection policy are currently being applied by administrators.
- Community consultation on the 2017 candidates for CheckUser and Oversight has concluded. The Arbitration Committee will appoint successful candidates by October 11.
- A request for comment is open regarding the structure, rules, and procedures of the December 2017 Arbitration Committee election, and how to resolve any issues not covered by existing rules.
The Bat copyedit
|Hi, I just wanted to let you know that the copy edit you requested for The Bat (play) at the Guild of Copy Editors requests page is now complete. All feedback welcome! Good luck with GA and all the best, Miniapolis 00:40, 7 October 2017 (UTC)|